Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Holly was on the recent ONO show so it wouldnt really be a surprise.

What would be, though, is Holly being introduced as an arc-driven heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The fan vote is done and Styles vs. Aries is set for this weeks iMPACT! (as well as Bradley vs. Park and Roode vs. Hernandez) plus Manik vs. Sabin. Next week'll have Magnus vs. Anderson, Daniels vs. Kazarian and Joe vs. Hardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I wish this week's show was next week. I'm off next week so could watch it live. Being in work I'll have to try and avoid spoilers for the August 1 Warning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Knackered. My final guess is Tito Ortiz and videos were a way to hype someone before Bellator's reveal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Having one MMA star one your roster as a crossover draw is a good idea and can make for some interesting shoot based storylines but 3? They aren't wrestlers at the end of the day.

• Advertisement

WARDIXIE
    EdK wrote: »
    Having one MMA star one your roster as a crossover draw is a good idea and can make for some interesting shoot based storylines but 3? They aren't wrestlers at the end of the day.

Eventually we might get the return of MMA Jarrett.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

That was one of the worst reveals ever in Pro Wrestling History.

Ever.

Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,015 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mg what the **** was that revealing

stress-hitting-head-on-keyboard.jpg

Im banging my head off the keyboard after watching that

Sabin vs Manik was great. Made the X-Division title look great by hanging with the World champion. Styles vs Aries was also great but the ending sucked.

• Advertisement

To reel in the negativity about TNA (yup me talking here :p) I heard Aries-AJ is must see and Sabin-Manic isn't half bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,404 ✭✭✭✭Penn

jamc wrote: »
    That was one of the worst reveals ever in Pro Wrestling History.

Ever.

Ever.

The only people who looked like they cared were the wrestlers, and that's because they had to act that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

I wonder how long he stood there looking constipated after the cameras stopped rolling?

rovert wrote: »
    To reel in the negativity about TNA (yup me talking here :p) I heard Aries-AJ is must see and Sabin-Manic isn't half bad either.

They were both great matches. I liked Sabin vs Manik more because it made the X-Division look equal to the Heavyweight Division, something that they havent even pretended was the case in years.

The Aries vs Styles finish is crap, but the rest of the match was great. Styles has been in great form the past few weeks. Top quality matches with Aries, Joe and Hardy in my eyes. His matches with Angle werent bad either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

After that reveal its safe to say its a joke of a wrestling promotion lately. Cutting so many young guys with potential to hire a washed up mma fighter is ridicolous. Dixies getting torn to shreds on twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The only positive is Bully's old lady jokes could be solid gold.

ricero wrote: »
    After that reveal its safe to say its a joke of a wrestling promotion lately. Cutting so many young guys with potential to hire a washed up mma fighter is ridicolous. Dixies getting torn to shreds on twitter

Something these LOLTNA idiots always leave out is how all three MMA guys are paid by Spike and not TNA. It doesn't cost them a penny to have them there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Something these LOLTNA idiots always leave out is how all three MMA guys are paid by Spike and not TNA. It doesn't cost them a penny to have them there.

The downside is that it was more or less a reveal for MMA/Bellator fans (who heard about it the day before) and not really a big signing for Tna.

Manik vs. Sabin was a lot of fun, and another ringing endorsement for X-Division singles matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,935 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Too bad about the crap ending to the Styles/Aries match. Made no sense that Styles got the last move in yet lost in that way. Not to mention Aries having to move AJ's arm.

As for the Ortiz reveal, it might have had more impact if people knew who he was. I don't watch any MMA so I hadn't a clue. I heard the name before but wouldn't know him to see. And the commentators didn't help either. When big names like Angle or Hardy appear they're almost instantly shouting "Angle's here" or the like, but with this they didn't mention his name for about 10 or 15 seconds which is a long time and then it's just about a minute of him standing there with arms crossed, which is again a long time.

• Advertisement

As is well documented, the finish sucked but Styles and Aries was really great. Hopefully they'll do it again (with a proper finish this time) in the semis or final.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea really good episode of Impact this week bar as everyone has said Ortiz returning and the ending of Styles/Aries match . Im glad both Sabin/Manik and Styles/Aries got a decent time aswell . Brooke's segment was good because it was short and sweet , def her best thing she has done so far . Knockouts match was decent enough too

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Too bad about the crap ending to the Styles/Aries match. Made no sense that Styles got the last move in yet lost in that way. Not to mention Aries having to move AJ's arm.

As for the Ortiz reveal, it might have had more impact if people knew who he was. I don't watch any MMA so I hadn't a clue. I heard the name before but wouldn't know him to see. And the commentators didn't help either. When big names like Angle or Hardy appear they're almost instantly shouting "Angle's here" or the like, but with this they didn't mention his name for about 10 or 15 seconds which is a long time and then it's just about a minute of him standing there with arms crossed, which is again a long time.

The crowd didn't seem to know who he was either. No reaction whatsoever.

The crowd didn't seem to know who he was either. No reaction whatsoever.

I think the majority just didnt care. Another MMA guy? Whoop-di-do.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

I thought that the finish to the Roode/Hernandez match was awful. Sure there was no need for the referee to turn his back on the match. He could have thrown the chair out of the ring while looking at the match. And then we got the comical scene of Brian Hebner shaking his head at Bobby Roode looking at the broken glass.

As most have said the Manik/Sabin and Aries/Styles matches were both good apart from the finish to Aries/Styles (especially seeing Aries pull Styles' arm over him). I actually thought when watching it that it was a botched finish and Aries lifted his shoulder of the mat too early. Looked like both shoulders were supposed to be counted down. After the match the referee seemed to be anxious to make sure the call was that Aries had won the match but nobody else mentioned this so maybe I've got it wrong.

If it wasn't for the Aces and Eights I would find TNA to be much more enjoyable. They're essentially a main event job squad and have been since their inception. Then they started using the rubber hammer just to make it worse. I find the MEM mafia very annoying as well. Thankfully it looks like Aries is going to be used more now. Him along with Roode and Hardy have all being underused recently imo. One thing I do like about TNA right now is their Knockouts division and in Gail Kim I think they have one of the best workers across the two major U.S. promotions (male and female performers included).

Hebner didn't see the bottle being used so couldn't call it. He knew it was used but he can't call what he didn't see.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,404 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hebner didn't see the bottle being used so couldn't call it. He knew it was used but he can't call what he didn't see.

Yeah. That's generally the rule unless it fits the story or character (like Eddie Guerrero). Same with face tags not being counted unless the ref sees it, but heel tags counted without the ref seeing it if one of them claps his own hands together behind the refs back after they've double-teamed one of the face team.

And if you watch Roode when questioned by Hebner, Roode suggested that a fan threw it into the ring which was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

Yeah but my point is that there was no reason for Hebner to turn his back on the match. Not seeing the low blow was perfectly logical because Roode pushed him away alright. I suppose it's a bit of a mute point anyway because the spot is used quite regularly. I just think that there is an overuse of glass bottles, hammers and ref bumps in Tna that ruins the suspension of disbelief at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,764 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jeff Hardy beat Samoa Joe in a Bound For Glory Series
    match
    Mr. Anderson beat Magnus in a Bound For Glory Series
    match
    James Storm, Gunner, and ODB beat
    Robbie E, Jessie Godderz, and Mickie James
    Christopher Daniels fought
    Kazarian to a double count out in a Bound For Glory Series match
    Chris Sabin
    and Kurt Angle defeated Bully Ray and Devon