Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car hit, other driver drove off

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

MugMugs wrote: »

The fact she could afford to incept a policy post incident shows she could afford it in the first place and that she knew she was wrong for driving uninsured.

Maybe she could afford it, maybe not. We don`t know the circumstances or do we?.

She got insurance a few hours after the event. Was she reading this thread?

Is there any way that her insurance company can be made aware of the claim? As she wasn't insured its feasible that her new insurer will not be aware of the incident!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

derekeire wrote: »
    Is there any way that her insurance company can be made aware of the claim? As she wasn't insured its feasible that her new insurer will not be aware of the incident!
    They are aware - they were the ones who told my insurance guy that she took out the policy when she did.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Did she try to claim on her newly bought insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Congrats, tbh. Thanks for keeping this thread going and keeping us updated.
    I hope they throw the book at her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

tbh wrote: »

she is being prosecuted alright.
    good!

Serves the cow right

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

To think that this witch was driving a big SUV and not a stitch of insurance on it. Fur coat and no knickers comes to mind. I am glad you got justice OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

MarkR wrote: »
    Did she try to claim on her newly bought insurance?

No - well, at the time we (I say we, I mean my insurance guy) contacted her company, she hadn't been talking to them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

robbie7730 wrote: »

The fact she could afford to incept a policy post incident shows she could afford it in the first place and that she knew she was wrong for driving uninsured.

Maybe she could afford it, maybe not. We don`t know the circumstances or do we?.

She got insurance a few hours after the event. Was she reading this thread?

She clearly could afford it and clearly knew she was wrong for driving uninsured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

She clearly could afford it and clearly knew she was wrong for driving uninsured.

Maybe she could not afford it or maybe she thought she was insured to drive it, maybe she thought she was named on the policy or maybe she has another policy on a different car and she thought this covered her.
    We don't know yet what the story with her insurance is and I'm not sure her insurance company or the gardai are going to tell us.

• Advertisement

hondasam wrote: »

Maybe she could not afford it or maybe she thought she was insured to drive it, maybe she thought she was named on the policy or maybe she has another policy on a different car and she thought this covered her.
    We don't know yet what the story with her insurance is and I'm not sure her insurance company of the gardai are going to tell us.
    Maybe she has a duty of care to ensure she is compliant with The Road Traffic Act 1962 before she takes a large piece of mechanically propelled metal onto a public road and drives like an idiot where my friends family and other innocents are. Maybe she should have followed that duty of care. Maybe she should be hung out to dry like the low life she clearly is. Ignorance is no excuse.

Maybe she has a duty of care to ensure she is compliant with The Road Traffic Act 1962 before she takes a large piece of mechanically propelled metal onto a public road and drives like an idiot where my friends family and other innocents are. Maybe she should have followed that duty of care. Maybe she should be hung out to dry like the low life she clearly is. Ignorance is no excuse.

I know we should all be aware of what our insurance covers us to drive.
    It was in a car park, there is no proof that she drives like an idiot on a public road and calling her a low life is ott.

I know we should all be aware of what our insurance covers us to drive.
    It was in a car park, there is no proof that she drives like an idiot on a public road and calling her a low life is ott.
    Public car park with no gating is defined as a public highway. Causing extensive damage to somebody else's property and denying it? That makes her a liar and in my opinion, a low life.

Public car park with no gating is defined as a public highway. Causing extensive damage to somebody else's property and denying it? That makes her a liar and in my opinion, a low life.
    No - been waiting till the car gets fixed before posting any pics, just in case. The damage probably isn't as bad as you think, it really is only cosmetic. The guy doing the estimate summed up what I thought - It's nasty enough to need to be fixed, but not that bad that you have to fix it (if you know what I mean). I will post pics.

It was not extensive damage.
    She was wrong not to admit to it when asked.
    You have your opinion and I have mine I'm not sure it's fair to call her a low life when we don't know anything about her.

No - been waiting till the car gets fixed before posting any pics, just in case. The damage probably isn't as bad as you think, it really is only cosmetic. The guy doing the estimate summed up what I thought - It's nasty enough to need to be fixed, but not that bad that you have to fix it (if you know what I mean). I will post pics.

It was not extensive damage.
    She was wrong not to admit to it when asked.
    You have your opinion and I have mine I'm not sure it's fair to call her a low life when we don't know anything about her.
    With respects, she damaged his car. She has put him to serious inconvenience, chasing estimates, Gardai etc.... Despite the material loss and loss of use, the OP has been troubled by her negligence. Add on her dishonesty and lies to the Gardai....

I appreciate you have your opinion and you're clearly a lot more tolerant of this ladies criminal act than I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FullRetard

I'm not sure it's fair to call her a low life when we don't know anything about her.

well from what we do know it would be safe to call her a c*nt.Cos thats what a cu*t would do

How is it clear she could afford it? Maybe she could, but how has it been clearly shown here?

How is it clear she could afford it? Maybe she could, but how has it been clearly shown here?

She bought it after the accident. She either had the resources or knew somebody that could help her out. She instead chose to break the law and do one of the worst things you can do.in a car. She has put her hands into our pockets. This claims goes via the MIBI.... WE are paying this bill.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

She bought it after the accident. She either had the resources or knew somebody that could help her out. She instead chose to break the law and do one of the worst things you can do.in a car. She has put her hands into our pockets. This claims goes via the MIBI.... WE are paying this bill.
    True but I would take it for granted that she will be pursued for some or all of the money and also may be penalised when looking for insurance in the future.

kbannon wrote: »
    True but I would take it for granted that she will be pursued for some or all of the money and also may be penalised when looking for insurance in the future.

You'd be very surprised how.many people get away with this. The MIBI find it hard to recover costs in the majority of cases. Id hope the full outlay and legal costs are recovered though.

• Advertisement

She bought it after the accident. She either had the resources or knew somebody that could help her out.
    So you dont know for sure that she could afford it. Im not saying anything to condone. Just that nothing is obvious. We dont know any personal circumstances.
    She instead chose to break the law and do one of the worst things you can do.in a car. She has put her hands into our pockets. This claims goes via the MIBI.... WE are paying this bill.

In reality, everyone pays something towards other drivers claims, whether the other drivers are insured or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭brian_t

FullRetard wrote: »
    well from what we do know it would be safe to call her a c*nt.Cos thats what a cu*t would do

Your use of the word c*nt and cu*t to refer to a women tells us a lot about your character too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If I couldn't pay for insurance, I wouldn't. Then again I wouldn't drive.

I'm not a cnut...

endacl wrote: »

I'm not a cnut...

I didn't call you one.

She bought it after the accident. She either had the resources or knew somebody that could help her out.
    So you dont know for sure that she could afford it. Im not saying anything to condone. Just that nothing is obvious. We dont know any personal circumstances.
    She instead chose to break the law and do one of the worst things you can do.in a car. She has put her hands into our pockets. This claims goes via the MIBI.... WE are paying this bill.

In reality, everyone pays something towards other drivers claims, whether the other drivers are insured or not.

She didn't have it, she crashed, she had it.

How do insureds tap the MIBI when they claim? I don't follow?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Seems theres no shortage of people that dont care and will front it out till the end. Sure look at the thread a couple of months back about the one that left her son severly handicapped after goign acroos th eworng side of th eroad and hitting another car. She blames the son for distracting her then boasted on facebook.
    kbannon wrote: »

You would hope so. But shes a poor defensless woman. The law doesnt come down hard on "the most vulnerable in society* tm"

Well we know for sure she could afford it the day she crashed.

endacl wrote: »
    That still does not tell us the woman could clearly afford it as stated.
    I'm not a cnut...

Are you not? Is that based on motor insurance only? I know plenty of them, and some of them dont drive at all.

She didn't have it, she crashed, she had it.
    I cant afford to pay out 5k tonight for a car. If a serious emergency came up, i would have it, but would then be in serious difficulty, as an example.

Again, don`t read into this as if I condone leaving the scene of an accident.
    How do insureds tap the MIBI when they claim? I don't follow?

What I meant was not really to do with the MIBI. In any insurance market, we pay a premium based on the cost of claims. More claims in general, higher premiums for everyone in general, even for people that never claimed. So other people`s insurance covered claims cost everyone to some extent.

Seems theres no shortage of people that dont care and will front it out till the end.

No shortage of perfect people on boards, that`s for sure. They are everywhere, except in real life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

That still does not tell us the woman could clearly afford it as stated.

If she did buy it that day, how does that not show she can clearly afford it?

Isurance is not somethign you decide you can do without for a while to save money.
    No shortage of perfect people on boards, that`s for sure. .

If having your car insured when you drive it is perfect, then yes, yes there are.

Advertisement