Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

wtd2008 wrote: »
    Still on this plan and trying to get an upgrade. Anyone have any success getting a decent upgrade? Wondering is it such a good deal anymore?

I signed up originally then got 18 month extension which ends this month. Went to Carphone Warehouse, 18 months ago, and got an Xperia Z3 for €99 while staying on this deal. I still think unlimited everything for €34.50 is a great deal so I'm also looking out for decent upgrade like the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

toby2111 wrote: »
    I signed up originally then got 18 month extension which ends this month. Went to Carphone Warehouse, 18 months ago, and got an Xperia Z3 for €99 while staying on this deal. I still think unlimited everything for €34.50 is a great deal so I'm also looking out for decent upgrade like the last time.

Is tesco mobile €25 unlimited everything not a better deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Got the Z5 as an early upgrade for 99euro a few weeks ago and was told it's still on this plan.

I notice that it says the following on my latest bill:
    Your plan
    Select Unlimited 18 months 05 Mar 2016 - 04 Apr 2016 €60.1626
    Select Unlimited 12 Months 50%
    Discount 05 Mar 2016 - 04 Apr 2016 - €32.1138
    Total plan charges €28.0488

That 28 euro is ex vat so it's 34.50 every month.

I'm not sure if that means it's going to go up to 60+vat per month for the final 6 months or not. It reads like it does, but I've just looked at December's bill, which would have been Month 13 or 14 of my previous contract and that had the same on it and I was still paying 34.50. Hopefully that discount stays for the duration of the contract.

My current plan still says:
    Your current plan is Select Unlimited 18 months (doesn't say anything about eircom friends and family offer - maybe it never did, I don't know.

Got the Z5 as an early upgrade for 99euro a few weeks ago and was told it's still on this plan

That's a good deal, was that directly with Emobile?
    My bill also says what yours says and I still got the discount for whole 18 months.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Is tesco mobile €25 unlimited everything not a better deal?

Haven't looked around yet but that sounds good. Is it SIM only though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Haven't looked around yet but that sounds good. Is it SIM only though?

Yeah its sim only, didn't realise this plan originally came with a phone too.

That's a good deal, was that directly with Emobile?
    My bill also says what yours says and I still got the discount for whole 18 months.

Carphone Warehouse.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Carphone Warehouse.

That was a great deal, I upgraded a few weeks ago and nothing like that was offered...

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Got the Z5 as an early upgrade for 99euro a few weeks ago and was told it's still on this plan.

I notice that it says the following on my latest bill:
    Your plan
    Select Unlimited 18 months 05 Mar 2016 - 04 Apr 2016 €60.1626
    Select Unlimited 12 Months 50%
    Discount 05 Mar 2016 - 04 Apr 2016 - €32.1138
    Total plan charges €28.0488

That 28 euro is ex vat so it's 34.50 every month.

I'm not sure if that means it's going to go up to 60+vat per month for the final 6 months or not. It reads like it does, but I've just looked at December's bill, which would have been Month 13 or 14 of my previous contract and that had the same on it and I was still paying 34.50. Hopefully that discount stays for the duration of the contract.

My current plan still says:
    Your current plan is Select Unlimited 18 months (doesn't say anything about eircom friends and family offer - maybe it never did, I don't know.

I have that and it's still the same.. signed up in June 2012. Contract ended December 2013, though I was allowed change from Oct.
    Out of contract now and debating on changing to another provider with cheaper prices but the same package but they'd have 4G.
    I'll just buy the phone myself from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Rang about free roaming and this plan does not qualify. :(

• Advertisement

Called into Carphone Warehouse earlier. Guy said he "wasn't allowed" upgrade me on this particular plan and that he got into trouble by upgrading somebody on this plan a few weeks ago......Sounds very strange to me. Rang eir 2 weeks ago, looking for way too much money for a Z5 or a Samsung s6 which are the 2 phones I'm interested in. Not moving from this plan so I might have a look at the Chinese phones over in the Android section of boards for ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Called into Carphone Warehouse earlier. Guy said he "wasn't allowed" upgrade me on this particular plan and that he got into trouble by upgrading somebody on this plan a few weeks ago......Sounds very strange to me. Rang eir 2 weeks ago, looking for way too much money for a Z5 or a Samsung s6 which are the 2 phones I'm interested in. Not moving from this plan so I might have a look at the Chinese phones over in the Android section of boards for ideas.

Is it still good value? €35 p.m. for free calls/texts and 15gb. I was on this plan until last November and switched to prepay on Meteor. €20 p.m. gets me all that on the same network (texts are not free but you can text through their app).

My bill is €24.50 for unlimited everything. When I upgraded the last time in carphone warehouse, the store assistant inputted that I was an eir landline customer which knocked another €10 per month off my bill! So it's good value for me but I'll look around other providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭loopymum

I switched to another provider a good while back as Meteor were taking the complete piss about the price of an upgrade.
    Much happier bunny now

loopymum wrote: »
    I switched to another provider a good while back as Meteor were taking the complete piss about the price of an upgrade.
    Much happier bunny now
    Who did you switch to and what's your monthly bill now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭flutered

zerks wrote: »
    As an alternative,has anybody any experience with Lycamobile?

Unlimited plan for €25 a month, http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bundle?id=1 Normally €40.

service is great, c.s stinks, its on the old o2 which is faster than 3

Called into a different carphone warehouse in Midleton. This time I could upgrade..... But it was going to cost me €249 for the Z5. So, the poster who got it for €99,and stayed on this plan, got a bargain!

Called into a different carphone warehouse in Midleton. This time I could upgrade..... But it was going to cost me €249 for the Z5. So, the poster who got it for €99,and stayed on this plan, got a bargain!

I'm not so sure any more. I've been telling myself it's a great phone/great bargain but it's getting to the point where I'm starting to think it's just a **** phone.

I've had to change my WiFi to 5ghz at home which means one of the laptops in the house is now a paperweight. There was WiFi issues on 2.4ghz.

There's a bluetooth issue which is driving me nuts also. It stutters during playback on my car radio and on one of my bluetooth speakers at home. Irritating.

The battery is also terrible. The z3 battery was unreal. The Z5 one is terrible.

There also seems to be a ram issue. It freezes a lot more than the z3 and it has more ram. Doesn't make sense.

Sounds like you got a dodgy phone. I had an issue with z3 previously, wifi kept dropping in & out. Bluetooth kept disconnecting in the car also. Contacted Sony in Dublin, sent it to them, had it back within 5 days. No issues since. Maybe contact Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

So my select unlimited 18 months plan was out of contract end April.

Rang up loyalty department and was told i'd be eligible for the xperia x with a 100 euro discount so 299 euro and continue on the unlimited plan.

I'm still happy enough with my Z3 from last time so will give the 30 day notice and go for a sim only plan.

I was thinking of going with iD. They are offering 30 day contract with;

500 mins
    500 texts
    1Gb 4g

10 euro per month for 6 months (50% off) and then 20 euro per month thereafter.

Seems like a decent option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,672 ✭✭✭flutered

what about virgins sim only offer €25 a month, i seen it recently and thought it was good, i cant remember the full details

Check out the lycamobile sim only offer. There's a thread here on bargain alerts about it.
    I'm thinking of switching to it.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

From past experiences with ID mobile, I wouldn't take a present of one of their sins, I had a few of their €15 unlimited plan sims which they offered at launch date and I had nothing but issues for 2 months with them, I ran away from that network. I regular keep an eye on the iDMobile thread on here and it amazes me that all the issue I had for those two months are still regular issues now, the fact that come August they will be in operation 12 months and still haven't sorted these issues is worrying to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

I'm not so sure any more. I've been telling myself it's a great phone/great bargain but it's getting to the point where I'm starting to think it's just a **** phone.

I've had to change my WiFi to 5ghz at home which means one of the laptops in the house is now a paperweight. There was WiFi issues on 2.4ghz.

There's a bluetooth issue which is driving me nuts also. It stutters during playback on my car radio and on one of my bluetooth speakers at home. Irritating.

The battery is also terrible. The z3 battery was unreal. The Z5 one is terrible.

There also seems to be a ram issue. It freezes a lot more than the z3 and it has more ram. Doesn't make sense.
    New Marshmallow update rolling out today for z5 range will fix the bt stutter issue.

billbond4 wrote: »
    New Marshmallow update rolling out today for z5 range will fix the bt stutter issue.

Slightly off topic but did any z3 owners get the Marshmallow update? I contacted eir and they said
    "This software was made available to our customers Over The Air on the 29th of April. "

I've checked numerous times and my phone says up to date. I contacted eir who said it must be a fault with my phone......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Slightly off topic but did any z3 owners get the Marshmallow update? I contacted eir and they said
    "This software was made available to our customers Over The Air on the 29th of April. "

I've checked numerous times and my phone says up to date. I contacted eir who said it must be a fault with my phone......

Go here https://xpericheck.com/device/D6653 and look for your Customization number, e.g.

1288-5029 Meteor IE 23.5.A.0.575

Marshmallow was 23.5.A.0.570 so if the latest firmware for your phone is lower than this then no MM for you. Also, sometimes OTA updates don't work so well. Try plugging your phone into your PC running Xperia Companion and try that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Aquos76 wrote: »
    From past experiences with ID mobile, I wouldn't take a present of one of their sins, I had a few of their €15 unlimited plan sims which they offered at launch date and I had nothing but issues for 2 months with them, I ran away from that network. I regular keep an eye on the iDMobile thread on here and it amazes me that all the issue I had for those two months are still regular issues now, the fact that come August they will be in operation 12 months and still haven't sorted these issues is worrying to say the least.

Thanks, I must take a look at the iD thread and see what the issues are.

On the face of it, it seems like a good option given its on the three network.

I imagine customer management might need some work to get right.

Maybe tesco mobile is a 'safe' option

Go here https://xpericheck.com/device/D6653 and look for your Customization number, e.g.

1288-5029 Meteor IE 23.5.A.0.575

Marshmallow was 23.5.A.0.570 so if the latest firmware for your phone is lower than this then no MM for you. Also, sometimes OTA updates don't work so well. Try plugging your phone into your PC running Xperia Companion and try that way.
    My Z3 model number is D6603 so I checked this https://xpericheck.com/device/D6603 but cant find Eir IE on it even though they said update was put out.
    I downloaded Xperia Companion and it says software up to date. Strange...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

My Z3 model number is D6603 so I checked this https://xpericheck.com/device/D6603 but cant find Eir IE on it even though they said update was put out.
    I downloaded Xperia Companion and it says software up to date. Strange...

Ah, the lost art of reading...

Not strange. I said look for your Customisation number, not your network operator.

E.g.:
    Customisation: 1290-1718
    Name: O2 IE
    Version: 23.4.A.1.264

So what's *your* customisation? That's all that matters.

• Advertisement

Ah, the lost art of reading...

So what's *your* customisation? That's all that matters.

I read what you said,I still dont know what you're talking about.While it makes sense to you,it doesnt to others.
    Where exactly do I find *my* customisation???Do I check phone settings??
    EDIT-Got it in phone settings= 1288-5028 R11C

Advertisement