Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

bidiots wrote:
    It's hard to know which is better really, conflicting views...but if its the same price, then Samsung all the way, as you say, future resale... I would have to see if they are offering the Edge though....

Whats the difference in the s7 and s7 edge ??
    I know google is my freind and all that but im lazy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

bidiots wrote: »
    I would have to see if they are offering the Edge though....
    Is the Edge better than the S7? Thought I read on a thread here about some people who regretted getting the Edge over the S7. But again,I have fully looked into it. It looks sleeker and cooler but would the Edge take a case and screen protector??I defo need those as I've gone through a few screen protectors and 2 cases with my Z3!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

The Edge just has the sleek factor, a few nice touches with the edge apps(google away) but I think it will hold its value much better than the standard, thats why im swaying towards the edge....there are cases and protectors out there, but to be honest, if you are going to wrap the phone in a case then im not sure if the Edge will be worth the difference in price....needs must obv

Yeh and the the Edge is 5.5" screen which is just a bit big for me. Personally,I'm leaning towards the S7 as I need case/screen protector but the Edge certainly is a beautiful looking phone.

Just got off the phone there with Eir, checking prices of new upgrades and this is what i got:

Samsung S6 - 49
    Samsung S7 - 99
    Samsung S7 Edge - 199
    Huawei P9 - Free
    Apple SE - 49
    Apple 6S - 199

I'm not eligible till next month so will have a few decisions to make

• Advertisement

Thats a good price for the s7. Think ill be going for that.

Just got off the phone there with Eir, checking prices of new upgrades and this is what i got:

Samsung S6 - 49
    Samsung S7 - 99
    Samsung S7 Edge - 199
    Huawei P9 - Free
    Apple SE - 49
    Apple 6S - 199

I'm not eligible till next month so will have a few decisions to make
    Are you still in contract? I'm out of contract a few months and I was quoted 199 for the S7!! Strange, how they have different upgrade prices for customers.

Still in contract and still with Eir home number attached, if that makes the difference...I was surprised at the difference too.
    Did you call them or were you in the shops? I phoned them, might be different options that way

Yeh,I rang also and thats the price I was quoted. Have parents Eir number attached also. Would've thought upgrade price would be lower when out of contract to try lure you back in again!!Obviously not!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Is anyone finding the coverage very bad lately on EIR

• Advertisement

Was pretty poor this morning for me but back to 4G now.
    Also, will probably go for the S7 on the options above, seems good value with everything considered...

• Registered Users Posts: 49 thelynchs

Got the €99 S7 this week. Out of contract since may, no eir phone attached. Be persistant, hell of a deal if you can get it !

thelynchs wrote:
    Got the €99 S7 this week. Out of contract since may, no eir phone attached. Be persistant, hell of a deal if you can get it !

I rang last friday got offered the S7 for 199 as an upgrade they wouldnt budge on price so i went for it.
    Checked my bank account was only debited 99 euro so happy days 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 49 thelynchs

I rang last friday got offered the S7 for 199 as an upgrade they wouldnt budge on price so i went for it.
    Checked my bank account was only debited 99 euro so happy days 😆

Nice one ! Checked cex today to trade my old s5, 170 cash or 220 store credit, few quid more with the otterbox.....win win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

I checked the prices of iPhone 7 and was told €299 for iPhone 7 and €399 for 7 plus

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭mac1961

I checked the prices of iPhone 7 and was told 299 for iPhone 7 and 399 for 7 plus

I rang sales and was quoted 399 for iPhone 7 32gb. If you don't mind me asking did you ring or go in store to get that price.

I'm actually pulling out of emobile. Got quotes for upgrades, not too bad. But, it transpired that the tariff I signed up to(all calls/texts and 5gb data on 4G) should have been 39pm and not what I was paying. So they quickly pulled the applied discount and put me back on the 39pm. Not sure to who's advantage the rep thought this would be but they should have ignored it if they wanted me to stay.
    So then, on Friday, I said I wanted to cancel. I was offered the current deal I'm on now, 25pm, with the upgrade options, but after 6 months, revert to 39pm. The other option is 30 day rolling contract, of my current deal(Which is an ok offer tbf)
    I was told that I could think about it over the weekend, and this wouldn't affect my 30 days notice, my bill date is 14th of each month. I asked if the extra days would affect my notice period and was told, No.
    Went to cancel today and all of a sudden, I must give 30days notice from Today, not last friday. So this has pissed me off no end and I'm just going to pull the plug on emobile. I dont NEED an upgrade, would have been nice, but they need to work on trying to entice customers to extend rather than piss them off.
    Off to Vodafone 20pm (all calls/texts 1gb data).....adios Eir.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I'm actually pulling out of emobile. Got quotes for upgrades, not too bad. But, it transpired that the tariff I signed up to(all calls/texts and 5gb data on 4G) should have been 39pm and not what I was paying. So they quickly pulled the applied discount and put me back on the 39pm. Not sure to who's advantage the rep thought this would be but they should have ignored it if they wanted me to stay.

If you look back over this thread, you'll see they are trying to get people off that deal for a long time now. I got €25pm unlimited calls/texts 10GB 4G free EU roaming, as part of a bundle with my Broadband.

Yip, it looks like that. But then how does it make sense if they re-offer the current contract as well as other options?
    You're deal sounds pretty good. I dont need the data, rarely without wifi so the less per month with all minutes/texts, the better....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

My current emobile plan is due to expire at the end of the month. 39e a month, unlimited calls & texts and 5gb.

Looking up online here today and iphone 7 is €299 it seems on their plans but I can't get the price of the plan only online as it is giving me a bundle with broadband.

Anyone get the iphone 7 with eir? What plan did you take?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MentalMario

How does everybody find EIR roaming?

I'm on this plan. Have been abroad 4 times this year and have had an issue each time. No internet in Europe.

I was left without any phone for 2 weeks in the US recently. EIR customer support was atrocious.

I've to wait another 12 months but no matter what happens at that stage, I'm done with EIR. I doubt I've a case to break my contract at the moment but would love to get out now.

How does everybody find EIR roaming?.
    Only been to USA and UK but never had a problem.

How does everybody find EIR roaming?

Was only in uk but no problems.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Never had a problem. U.K., Italy, USA, Canaries, Spain

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

Im out of contract with eir. If i want to change provider do i have to give them 30 days notice or can i go to different provider and port my number straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

Anybody know what is Eir's current SIM only plan?

I asked in their forum and was told to call into a shop or ring their customer service. Can't find any information online. Thanks.

turniphead wrote: »
    Anybody know what is Eir's current SIM only plan?

I asked in their forum and was told to call into a shop or ring their customer service. Can't find any information online. Thanks.

i think it's €25 pm if you have Eir BB, €35 if you don't. you have to connect a store, which is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Anyone else get a letter from eir to say they are removing them from this deal. They want me to pay 5 euro a month extra. Time to shop around me thinks.

sue97 wrote: »
    Anyone else get a letter from eir to say they are removing them from this deal. They want me to pay 5 euro a month extra. Time to shop around me thinks.
    I'm on this deal but haven't got that letter.......yet! I presume they are legally entitled to do that???

• Advertisement

They only rang me offering an upgrade.

Advertisement