Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

thelynchs wrote: »
    Martinr5232, just got the S5 in harvey's in Drogheda retail park 2 hours ago, €99 no questions asked, same deal on 18 months - lovely girl there, Aideen, Could not have been more helpful !

Thanks for that might take a spin over tomorrow.

Went over to Drogheda today and got the Samsung S5 for a €100 on an upgrade no hassle and stayed on my €34.50 tarrif.
    Thanks for the advice :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Contract is due to finish in February but eMobile said I can get an upgrade this week.

Would Harvey Normans have any issues in giving me the upgrade early?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

BArra wrote: »
    For the first time in months I've got over 1mb download speed on 3G since this morning.

Anybody else who was suffering 0.3mbps throttled speed confirm the same?

Yeah, just checked today in the office, (cork city centre) used to be < 1 now getting 16!
    Happy days :)

Contract is due to finish in February but eMobile said I can get an upgrade this week.

Would Harvey Normans have any issues in giving me the upgrade early?

If emobile said your entitled then its not upto harvey normans they will go onto the emobile website and check if you are or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭capefear

CPW in cavan are saying emobile trying to get people of the €35.00 a month package and wont give an upgrade price on the new iphone's.

The package they want people to move to is 6 months at €24.00 and then €39 a month there after.

The price of the iphone 6 on this package for 18 months €279 or 24 months €229

iphone 6+ 18 months €379 & €329 for 24 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

capefear wrote: »
    CPW in cavan are saying emobile trying to get people of the €35.00 a month package and wont give an upgrade price on the new iphone's.

The package they want people to move to is 6 months at €24.00 and then €39 a month there after.

The price of the iphone 6 on this package for 18 months €279 or 24 months €229

iphone 6+ 18 months €379 & €329 for 24 months.

i bet theres catch to this like 3 or 02 where you cant use calls that cost €1 +

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    i bet theres catch to this like 3 or 02 where you cant use calls that cost €1 +

A catch? None of the operators include Premium number, as far as I'm aware?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Anyone a recent experience on this? A relation on the 34.50 plan was quoted 229 in an emobile store for the M8 which seems excessive..thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭owen28

Anyone a recent experience on this? A relation on the 34.50 plan was quoted 229 in an emobile store for the M8 which seems excessive..thanks

It is excessive. But unfortunately this is Emobile's way of compensating for such a great deal. I myself had problems when going to upgrade and the phone was costing a ridiculous amount of money. Fortunately a friend of mine works in Emobile and advised me of another contract which cost a bit more but wouldn't break the bank when upgrading later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

Sounds about right. They kept the handset prices high for folks on the offer to try to get them off it. They will probably offer a different deal on a higher price in turn for a lower cost on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭TOMs WIFE

owen28 wrote: »
    It is excessive. But unfortunately this is Emobile's way of compensating for such a great deal. I myself had problems when going to upgrade and the phone was costing a ridiculous amount of money. Fortunately a friend of mine works in Emobile and advised me of another contract which cost a bit more but wouldn't break the bank when upgrading later.

But the thing is, is it really such a great deal any more? Unlimited plan with Tesco is €25 per month without a phone. So over 2 years his relation would have paid an extra €240 + €229 for the phone = €469. They might be better taking the Tesco sim plan and just purchasing a phone...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭inbrodericko

Would emobile match harvey's price for the phone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭inbrodericko

Ah i see cpw is matching hn, hoping to get an s6 with this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

TOMs WIFE wrote: »
    But the thing is, is it really such a great deal any more? Unlimited plan with Tesco is €25 per month without a phone. So over 2 years his relation would have paid an extra €240 + €229 for the phone = €469. They might be better taking the Tesco sim plan and just purchasing a phone...

Do they allow tethering though?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Crumbs868 wrote: »
    Do they allow tethering though?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

No.

Yes they do I have the tesco plan and tether fine

Psygnosis wrote: »
    Yes they do I have the tesco plan and tether fine

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

+1

That's a plus. What is the data plan. This eMobile offers 15gbs which can be tethered and afaik no networks offer anything like this so main reason I haven't jumped ship

Tesco is also 15gb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Just wondering if anyone upgraded their handset lately and got any good offers for either a Sony Xperia Z1 or Z2?

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Moyglish wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone upgraded their handset lately and got any good offers for either a Sony Xperia Z1 or Z2?

Thanks! :)

Not Emobile related but thread here on 20% off currently for Z1 or Z2 from Sony UK site.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

I'm that half price emobile unlimited data. I've found recently that my data is getting eaten up a lot faster than previously and my usage levels haven't changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

anyone get a text off emobile saying that they don't have an eircom landline number registered and that they would be taken off the €24 a month tariff?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

eoinf wrote: »
    anyone get a text off emobile saying that they don't have an eircom landline number registered and that they would be taken off the €24 a month tariff?

I got a text but that's not what it said. This was it:

Customer Notice: It has come to our attention that we do not currently have an eircom account or phone number associated with your eMobile account. You can update your details by visiting emobile.ie/customer-update. This will help ensure you are on the correct eircom bundle offer and you continue to receive your eircom discount. The eMobile Team

I rang them and they told me to ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

As an alternative,has anybody any experience with Lycamobile?

Unlimited plan for €25 a month, http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/bundle?id=1 Normally €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

Anybody else getting charged for their uk texts and calls even though they are on the unlimited emobile plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭boardtc

portcrap wrote: »
    Anybody else getting charged for their uk texts and calls even though they are on the unlimited emobile plan?

The unlimited plan does not cover texts\calls abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭capefear

Any one got prices of iPhone 5 or 6 as an upgrade on the 39.99 unlimited plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wtd2008

Still on this plan and trying to get an upgrade. Anyone have any success getting a decent upgrade? Wondering is it such a good deal anymore?

Advertisement