Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I'm not an eircom customer and I'm on the deal.

http://www.emobile.ie/non-eircom-customer-sim-only-plans/#

This is the deal I want with a new phone €99 as my phone is broken :(
    http://www.emobile.ie/eircom-customer-plans/#

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

€319 to upgrade phone to Galaxy S5 to stay on existing Select Unlimited plan of €35 a month with the 15Gig a month

or

€99 to upgrade phone to Galaxy S5 to move to new eircom plan for €39 a month with 5 Gig data and first 6 months €24 euro. (2 year contract)

I don't use 5 Gigs but don't want to be locked in for another 2 years either. Decisions.........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Exact same as I was offered! Also tempted as it seems the best contract deal out there. Although somethings telling me to wait a few weeks as more deals might be launched for Xmas market......

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

bazual wrote: »
    €319 to upgrade phone to Galaxy S5 to stay on existing Select Unlimited plan of €35 a month with the 15Gig a month

or

€99 to upgrade phone to Galaxy S5 to move to new eircom plan for €39 a month with 5 Gig data and first 6 months €24 euro. (2 year contract)

I don't use 5 Gigs but don't want to be locked in for another 2 years either. Decisions.........

Similarly I'm on the €35/month deal with 15gb and need to upgrade my phone. There's no way I'm going with the 2 year contract though so I'll have to cough up the cash up front for a new phone and keep my current contract.

€319 for a Galaxy S5 isn't bad at all. It's out of my price range atm but something I'll defintely keep an eye on.

toby2111 wrote: »
    t any experience of 4G speeds in general with Emobile?Much of an improvement from 3G?

I usually get around 30mb/s on 4G.
    You tend to eat more data quicker by more usage.

Look at data usage with your broadband over the years. The faster speeds the more you'll use.

Compare your 200Mb/s connection today to your 1Mb/s (or less) connection 8 years ago.

If you do the same things you wont use more data or very little more anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭walshs3

I upgraded my phone on tuesday in Harvey Normans Limerick to the xperia z3(still on 18 month unlimited plan), upgrade cost 99 euro.

Also checked into the eircom shop in the Parkway Shopping Centre,they wanted 319euro to stay on the unlimited 18 month contract.

I also enquired about the 4g 5gig offer,xperia z3 would cost 99euro,2 year contract,24euro for the first 6 months,39 euro for the remaining 18 months.However,this also signed you into another 12 month contract with the eircom landline according to the guy in the eircom shop

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Just noticed, the price of the iPhone 6 is gone up €30 too.......

walshs3 wrote: »
    I upgraded my phone on tuesday in Harvey Normans Limerick to the xperia z3(still on 18 month unlimited plan), upgrade cost 99 euro.

Also checked into the eircom shop in the Parkway Shopping Centre,they wanted 319euro to stay on the unlimited 18 month contract.
    Was that €319 for the z3? I wonder why there's a big difference between eircom shop and Harvey Norman. Also does anyone know if all Harvey Norman stores have this price for z3 on the 18 month contract? I'll get one if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Carrollman

My girlfriend has been quoted 150 for the z3 in the two carphonewarehouse stores she has gone to and 250 for the Note 4 just yesterday

Carrollman wrote: »
    My girlfriend has been quoted 150 for the z3 in the two carphonewarehouse stores she has gone to and 250 for the Note 4 just yesterday

Was that quote for the 18 month €34.50 contract or their new 24 month contract?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭walshs3

Was that €319 for the z3? I wonder why there's a big difference between eircom shop and Harvey Norman. Also does anyone know if all Harvey Norman stores have this price for z3 on the 18 month contract? I'll get one if it is.

It will cost 319euro if you upgrade in an emobile shop but only 99euro in harvey norman (for the z3,didn't price any other phones). The woman in harvey normans double checked the price when i told her it was 319 with emobile but when she checked she said it was definitely coming up as 99 euro for her.

walshs3 wrote: »
    It will cost 319euro if you upgrade in an emobile shop but only 99euro in harvey norman (for the z3,didn't price any other phones).
    I got quoted 319 in both Emobile store and carphone warehouse to upgrade to s5 and stay on my 18 month contract. I presume it's CPW that are in Harvey Norman? I'll call in to my local Harvey Norman tomorrow, will defo snap up that z3 if I can get it for €99 on the 18 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

I got quoted 319 in both Emobile store and carphone warehouse to upgrade to s5 and stay on my 18 month contract. I presume it's CPW that are in Harvey Norman? I'll call in to my local Harvey Norman tomorrow, will defo snap up that z3 if I can get it for €99 on the 18 month contract.

It's definitely €99 for the z3 if you stay in select unlimited 18 months. I got one last Monday week in CPW in Harvey Norman naas.

Great. Think I'll go for z3 instead of s5. What's your opinion of it?

Very happy with it so far.

The battery life is great. I can easily get 2 days out of a full charge. The camera is a big step up from my old S3 and the screen is very clear, sharp and also very bright if needed outside.

The only downside for me (if you can call it that) is the soft keys for navigation. They take up a small portion of the screen when browsing but I believe that there are apps that can sort that.

Yeh, I read something today about some webpages not filling the screen but like you said I think there's ways of fixing that.
    I'll also be upgrading from the S3,have had Samsung phones for past few years, happy with them so hope a change to Sony won't be disappointing. Was it difficult to transfer your data /contacts /messages from s3 to the z3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

118 50 suppose be free then why its €7 on my phone bill from their number

Yeh, I read something today about some webpages not filling the screen but like you said I think there's ways of fixing that.
    I'll also be upgrading from the S3,have had Samsung phones for past few years, happy with them so hope a change to Sony won't be disappointing. Was it difficult to transfer your data /contacts /messages from s3 to the z3?

Was very easy as they give you an on the go cable in the box.

All you need to do is download xperia transfer mobile from the play store on both devices, connect them together using the cable and wait until everything transfers over!

It's definitely €99 for the z3 if you stay in select unlimited 18 months. I got one last Monday week in CPW in Harvey Norman naas.
    I wonder is this deal available in all CPW stores or just those in Harvey Norman stores? They'd hardly have different deals in different stores would they?

I went into CPW in liffey valley a few weeks ago and was offered an S5 for 99 euro, a HTC M8 for 79 euro and an iphone 6 for 199 euro.

I never asked about a Z3 at that time but assumed that it would be in the same price range as the S5.

Some people have suggested that the price of the handset for upgrade depends on how long you are out of contract, while others say that it depends on the CPW shop.

I think that it could be a combination of both so your best bet is to go to your local CPW and get prices.

• Advertisement

I went into CPW in liffey valley a few weeks ago and was offered an S5 for 99 euro, a HTC M8 for 79 euro and an iphone 6 for 199 euro.

Were those quotes to stay on the 18 month contract? I was quoted €319 in CPW & Emobile to upgrade to an s5 and renew my 18 month contract. However it was €99 if I moved to their new 24 month contract.

I'll call to a different CPW and see what they say.

Yep, all quotes were for 18 month contract renewal along with 3g only so the same plan as I was on previously.

Is strange that they quoted me over €200 in the difference. I'm only 3 weeks out of contract, you must've been a good few months out?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

I think theres two different ways they put it through the system and it's down to the person who puts it through.

I say that because within 2 days I was quoted
    €79 in Harvey Norman
    €379 in 2 x CW stores in Dublin who both said they knew it was to get people off the plan
    And €99 in 2 country CW stores. One of which I bought it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Retro Police

I'm out of contract a good few months now so got in touch with emobile to price an upgrade to the iphone 6 and was quoted €419 (staying on the 18 month 34.50). Went in to the local CPW and was quoted €229. I can't understand that but it seems to be the common trend for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

Hey Guys, what's the best way for a current meteor customer to get a Z3 for 100e and pay 24e a month for the first 6 months and 39e a month after? Seems to be some confusion on that. Is it even possible if your not an existing eMobile customer?

If you know somebody with an Eircom a/c, you could ask them for their a/c number. Although it does enter them into another 12 month contract. I was going to use my Dads a/c. Emobile or CPW had no problem with this.

Is strange that they quoted me over €200 in the difference. I'm only 3 weeks out of contract, you must've been a good few months out?

Yep, I was out of contract in February which may go some way to explaining the difference.

But as others have said, there seems to be no standard pricing between customers in either CPW or Emobile direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

I'm on emobile and can't wait to get away. I have unlimited plan, but with 3G only (they don't allow 4G on 18 month contracts, wtf?!?), and the network speeds for past 2-3 months are ridiculously slow.

And their customer service claims, that everything's fine. More on their forums, for example here: http://letstalk.emobile.ie/t5/Mobile-broadband/3G-ridiculosly-slow-in-Cork/td-p/49671/highlight/false/page/6

I'm waiting for my contract to end and never coming back to emobile again. Even if they have unlimited plans for 10EUR and free phones. Worst customer service ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    118 50 suppose be free then why its €7 on my phone bill from their number

Where did you get the idea it was free?

http://www.118.ie/11850_pricing.aspx

Probably lucky it was only €7 its a dam expensive thing to call!

Advertisement