Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

bazual wrote: »
    €319 to upgrade phone to Galaxy S5 to stay on existing Select Unlimited plan of €35 a month with the 15Gig a month

or

€99 to upgrade phone to Galaxy S5 to move to new eircom plan for €39 a month with 5 Gig data and first 6 months €24 euro. (2 year contract)

I don't use 5 Gigs but don't want to be locked in for another 2 years either. Decisions.........

Went back to cpw today in harveys and said my mate got to stay on select unlimited deal and got the s5 for 99 and can they take a look.

No problem they said, got to stay on current plan and got a new s5 for €99. Sorted!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

bazual wrote: »
    Went back to cpw today in harveys and said my mate got to stay on select unlimited deal and got the s5 for 99 and can they take a look.

No problem they said, got to stay on current plan and got a new s5 for €99. Sorted!!!!

Did the exact same as you and got the Xperia Z3 instead of the S5, cracking phone so far,very impressed. It must be just the CPW in Harvey Norman that are doing deals as I was quoted €319 about 2 weeks ago for a S5 and to stay on 18 month deal,in an actual CPW store(emobile quoted me the same). So,thanks to the posters who gave the heads up about trying Harvey Norman,saved me over €200 and got to stay on my 18 month contract!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MentalMario

toby2111 wrote: »
    Did the exact same as you and got the Xperia Z3 instead of the S5, cracking phone so far,very impressed. It must be just the CPW in Harvey Norman that are doing deals as I was quoted €319 about 2 weeks ago for a S5 and to stay on 18 month deal,in an actual CPW store(emobile quoted me the same). So,thanks to the posters who gave the heads up about trying Harvey Norman,saved me over €200 and got to stay on my 18 month contract!

Did you need to give your eircom a/c number?

Did you need to give your eircom a/c number?
    No,just renewed my original 18 month @ €34.50 a month contract. Defo worth calling into Harvey Norman as they quoted me good prices for all phones,iPhone 6 was €199, Note 4 was €199 but its a bit too big for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

All you guys upgrading phones through select unlimited 34.50, none of you have 3G speed issues? Under 0.7mb download speed?

• Advertisement

No ,my speeds on 3G are decent enough. Getting 5mb and higher depending were I am, in Drogheda and Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

BArra wrote: »
    All you guys upgrading phones through select unlimited 34.50, none of you have 3G speed issues? Under 0.7mb download speed?

My 3g is terrible recently not everywhere but in most places where I would of got great speeds previously I'm out of contract now so seriously considering changing but there is nobody around that matches the €34 deal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Ya brutal, I'm very close to a mast as well. When I first moved out here last year I was getting average 6mb DL. Better than the .8mb I was getting with my eircom broadband. I'm convinced they're throttling.

Emobile have reopened their investigation due to the volume of customers suffering terrible 3g speed.

http://letstalk.emobile.ie/t5/Internet-on-your-phone/Why-is-my-data-speed-so-slow/td-p/50515/page/5

can ye register on there and contribute to that thread, the more that complain the better chance we have of it being identified and hopefully sorted out

I was up around Ballyliffin, Donegal in the summer and had no reception for a few days! I get the odd drop out call now and again around were I am but in fairness,for €34.50 a month,I'll stick with it. But I will register on that letstalk thread. The more that complain,the better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

I'm on the 30 day rolling contract; Unlimited calls, texts and data (15GB) for €35 per month. I'm pleasantly surprised with the emobile service so far. In fairness there are a few little issues every now and then with data and reception but they are few and far between and certainly not enough for me to cancel the €35 per month deal.

I am now looking to upgrade my phone.....does anybody know what's the best way to go about this? I presume I wont be able to keep the rolling contract?

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

No,just renewed my original 18 month @ €34.50 a month contract. Defo worth calling into Harvey Norman as they quoted me good prices for all phones,iPhone 6 was €199, Note 4 was €199 but its a bit too big for me.

I checked CPW in HN Little Island yesterday, and they quoted he same as eMobile i.e €229 for iP6 16GB, €329 for 64GB etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I was up around Ballyliffin, Donegal in the summer and had no reception for a few days! I get the odd drop out call now and again around were I am but in fairness,for €34.50 a month,I'll stick with it. But I will register on that letstalk thread. The more that complain,the better

Why would you register to complain if there's nothing wrong with your service? :rolleyes:

Why would you register to complain if there's nothing wrong with your service? :rolleyes:
    Because if you read what I said, I do get occasional call drop outs. That's reason enough to complain in my opinion.

Emobile today posted they have identified an 'intermittent issue' regarding 3G speed.

They are looking into a fix

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Because if you read what I said, I do get occasional call drop outs. That's reason enough to complain in my opinion.

And if you read what the thread you registered on is about, it's to do with data speed. :rolleyes:

I'm curious, did you complain about your occasional dropped calls in a forum about data speed issues?

Because I'm sure eMobile staff have nothing better to do than investigate issues from people who can't even post in the correct forum.

Please forgive me All Knowing One.... My ignorance must disgust you.

Emobile today posted they have identified an 'intermittent issue' regarding 3G speed.

They are looking into a fix

For the first time in months I've got over 1mb download speed on 3G since this morning.

Anybody else who was suffering 0.3mbps throttled speed confirm the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

For the first time in months I've got over 1mb download speed on 3G since this morning.

Anybody else who was suffering 0.3mbps throttled speed confirm the same?

I seem to be back up to 14Mbs down and 1.27Mbs up so happy enough with that if it stays that way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

8.88 down and 1.19 up in my office in Cork city right now - happy days.

Been getting a max 0.7/1.2 the last few months so it looks like they've finally done something.

• Advertisement

Seems to be unstable at the moment, presume they are tinkering. Will wait till they update us saying it's 'fixed'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Yeah I tested in Galway today and it was up to about 7.5Mbit/s faster than the last few months for certain.

I was just about to move. We will see what happens.

Where did you read about the fault? Here on boards, twitter, other forums?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Did anyone get to upgrade on this plan to the galaxy S5 for a resonable price in Meath or Dublin lately ??

Yeah I tested in Galway today and it was up to about 7.5Mbit/s faster than the last few months for certain.

I was just about to move. We will see what happens.

Where did you read about the fault? Here on boards, twitter, other forums?

http://letstalk.emobile.ie/t5/Internet-on-your-phone/Why-is-my-data-speed-so-slow/td-p/50515/page/6

Did anyone get to upgrade on this plan to the galaxy S5 for a resonable price in Meath or Dublin lately ??
    I was quoted €99 to upgrade to the S5 in CPW in Harvey Norman, Drogheda(I know thats not Meath or Dublin but its close to both!) while renewing the 18 month contract. Its about as good a deal thats out there.Went for the Xperia Z3 instead, very happy I did,its a cracking phone.

I was quoted €99 to upgrade to the S5 in CPW in Harvey Norman, Drogheda(I know thats not Meath or Dublin but its close to both!) while renewing the 18 month contract. Its about as good a deal thats out there.Went for the Xperia Z3 instead, very happy I did,its a cracking phone.

Thanks for that i might take a spin over on sunday.
    I went into Blanch today and they couldnt do that upgrade unless i paid full price ie €69.
    I dont think they knew what they were at though but they tried at least.

I went into Blanch today and they couldnt do that upgrade unless i paid full price ie €69.
    Originally,I was quoted €319 in emobile to upgrade to a S5 so I took the €99 option straight away. A few posters here gave me the heads up about Harvey Norman.

Originally,I was quoted €319 in emobile to upgrade to a S5 so I took the €99 option straight away. A few posters here gave me the heads up about Harvey Norman.

Thats why i went into blanch today to chance my arm.
    There is no way im paying anymore for a phone than that.
    Did you get yours recently ??

Got it Monday,delighted with it,way quicker than my S3,camera brilliant.I think €99 is a decent price to pay for a top end phone and to stay on the €34.50 a month deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 thelynchs

Thats why i went into blanch today to chance my arm.
    There is no way im paying anymore for a phone than that.

Martinr5232, just got the S5 in harvey's in Drogheda retail park 2 hours ago, €99 no questions asked, same deal on 18 months - lovely girl there, Aideen, Could not have been more helpful !

Advertisement