Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

toby2111 wrote: »
    I read what you said,I still dont know what you're talking about.While it makes sense to you,it doesnt to others.
    Where exactly do I find *my* customisation???Do I check phone settings??
    EDIT-Got it in phone settings= 1288-5028 R11C

I stand by my art of reading statement! :)

2tvc2cp.png?1

So:
    1288-5028 Customized UK 23.4.A.1.264

23.4.A.1.264 is still Lollipop so there's your answer: Marshmallow is not available for your phone yet. You could use Flashtool you install a different customisation that does though but that's a whole other story...

So I take it I cant get Marshmallow update?

Sure, cross-flash to Customized DE where it is available. Getting WAAAAAAAAY off topic here. Signing off...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=920746
    http://www.flashtool.net/index.php

I read what you said,I still dont know what you're talking about.While it makes sense to you,it doesnt to others.
    Where exactly do I find *my* customisation???Do I check phone settings??
    EDIT-Got it in phone settings= 1288-5028 R11C

Freaky timing. Marshmallow released just this morning:

1288-5028 Customized UK 23.5.A.0.575-R11D 3 hours ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Freaky timing. Marshmallow released just this morning:

1288-5028 Customized UK 23.5.A.0.575-R11D 3 hours ago
    Downloaded it. Heard a few dodgy things about Marshmallow but it's definitely made my Z3 quicker! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭quartz1

Does this Plan still represent the same value that it did when it was launched. It has no free roaming now and 3g instead of 4g. I know the 15 GB of data is a lot but its only value if you use 15 GB. I am thinking of moving off it and then I was thinking that in 12 months time roaming will be gone everywhere and its 15 GB abroad. Any thoughts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Meteor SIM only plans worth a look. Unlimited calls, texts, 10GB, 4G, free EU roaming, 50 int'l mins and texts for €28. Also same plan with 30GB for €36.

Ok it doesn't include a phone but the phones aren't exactly cheap on the emobile plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 macmansion

I agree with this.
    Just this week moved off the plan in favour of Meteor SIM only offer. Excellent value while the discount on phones if you stick with the emobile plan is so small.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Anyone else get a text offering a whole fifty euro off an upgrade ?? :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Just a text offering an upgrade.. which I was entitled to for the past 3 years now about!

Can you upgrade and keep the same plan, just renew the contract basically and get a new phone? :P

Either way, gonna get the new iPhone cos this one is in bits.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

PeteK* wrote: »
    Just a text offering an upgrade.. which I was entitled to for the past 3 years now about!

Can you upgrade and keep the same plan, just renew the contract basically and get a new phone? :P

Either way, gonna get the new iPhone cos this one is in bits.

Sorry to tell you but you have been overpaying for the last few years since you were out of contract!!

The beauty of this plan was a good phone at a low upfront cost together with lowish monthly payments and 18mth contract.

When your contract was up (assume circa June 14) you should have unlocked your phone and gone sim only and probably saved €10 to €15 a month (and gotten 4g)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Sorry to tell you but you have been overpaying for the last few years since you were out of contract!!

The beauty of this plan was a good phone at a low upfront cost together with lowish monthly payments and 18mth contract.

When your contract was up (assume circa June 14) you should have unlocked your phone and gone sim only and probably saved €10 to €15 a month (and gotten 4g)

It was up in December 2013.
    Right now it's €34.50/month, unlimited calls, texts, landlines and internet. (capped obviously)
    Paid €300 for the phone but they made a mistake and gave it back to me. :)

I must consider changing when I get the new iPhone, cos I think I'd like 4G, too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

PeteK* wrote: »
    It was up in December 2013.
    Right now it's €34.50/month, unlimited calls, texts, landlines and internet. (capped obviously)
    Paid €300 for the phone but they made a mistake and gave it back to me. :)

I must consider changing when I get the new iPhone, cos I think I'd like 4G, too.

You can stay on the plan and get a new phone, that's what I did.
    However the upgrade prices are pretty huge, they want people off the plan.

mik_da_man wrote: »
    You can stay on the plan and get a new phone, that's what I did.
    However the upgrade prices are pretty huge, they want people off the plan.
    What are they charging for a phone?Im still on this plan,out of contract for a few months now. Was thinking of getting a Chinese phone for about €200 and going SIM only for €15 or €20 a month but might stay on this plan if I got a decent phone for about €200.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Try a Car Phone Warehouse and see what phone they offer you. It's worth a shot.

sue97 wrote: »
    Try a Car Phone Warehouse and see what phone they offer you. It's worth a shot.

I got a z3 off them over 2 years ago for €99. Called into CPW Drogheda store before summer and guy said they can't offer upgrades on that plan, that I have to contact Eir direct.... Sounded like BS to me but that's what he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jonno23

What are they charging for a phone?Im still on this plan,out of contract for a few months now. Was thinking of getting a Chinese phone for about €200 and going SIM only for €15 or €20 a month but might stay on this plan if I got a decent phone for about €200.

I'm still on this plan but out of contract for the past 8 months; at e35 per month though, with 15gb data, it's perfect for me. I popped into an Eir store today to see what the upgrade options are - a galaxy s7 is currently e250 for this plan, which may suit you. The s7 edge is e350, if that suits, personally I'd prefer the standard s7.
    Hope that helps!

jonno23 wrote: »
    I'm still on this plan but out of contract for the past 8 months; at e35 per month though, with 15gb data, it's perfect for me. I popped into an Eir store today to see what the upgrade options are - a galaxy s7 is currently e250 for this plan, which may suit you.

Thanks for that.€250 for s7 is good value as I was looking at the Xiaomi mi5 for about the same and s7 seems a better phone. I'm actually paying €24.50 for month as when I got my Z3 over 2 years ago,the assistant gave me an extra €10 per month discount for being an Eircom landline customer!!!I wonder if I got the s7 and signed up to another contract , would they take that €10 discount off??

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jonno23

Thanks for that.€250 for s7 is good value as I was looking at the Xiaomi mi5 for about the same and s7 seems a better phone. I'm actually paying €24.50 for month as when I got my Z3 over 2 years ago,the assistant gave me an extra €10 per month discount for being an Eircom landline customer!!!I wonder if I got the s7 and signed up to another contract , would they take that €10 discount off??

That's good value, i thought e35 was cheap! Worth a shot, i wouldn't mention the discount if I was you, just say you want to stay on the same plan and see what they say...

jonno23 wrote: »
    That's good value, i thought e35 was cheap! Worth a shot, i wouldn't mention the discount if I was you, just say you want to stay on the same plan and see what they say...
    True,but then if they take that €10 discount off,its not as attractive a deal for the S7.Would be better going SIM only and get the Mi5 then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

True,but then if they take that €10 discount off,its not as attractive a deal for the S7.Would be better going SIM only and get the Mi5 then.
    Thats the standard discount for that bundle for Eir customers, Im on the same one. I've a xiomi redmi3pro and love it but I might try and see whats available for upgrade too, once it leaves me on the current plan

• Advertisement

One thing I've noticed from this thread is that people seem to get offered different upgrade deals on this plan. Don't know how they distinguish, but while an S7 is €250 for some, it could be €350 - €400 for others. I'll try pop into an eir store over next few days and I'll report back.

bidiots wrote: »
    Thats the standard discount for that bundle for Eir customers, Im on the same one
    Bidiots - are you still with Eir for other services? The reason I ask is that when I signed up with CPW over 2 years ago, I gave my parents home phone number as they are Eircom customers(the assistant encouraged me to try use their number and see what happens!)
    The discount has stayed on my bill but my parents want to switch home phone providers. So I presume that €10 discount will be removed if they switch?

I used my parents home number also. You should probably see what offers are available before your parents switch, I doubt it would be taken off you once the contract is signed....then again....

Yeh,I'm going to ring Eir tomorrow and see whats on offer. I got a text a few weeks ago(and forgot about it!) offering €50 off the S7.....but said offer expires 31st August so thats probably not valid anymore. I might pop into CPW and see if theres a different assistant there who actually might offer me an upgrade

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved from bargain alerts to mobiles

Yeh,I'm going to ring Eir tomorrow and see whats on offer. I got a text a few weeks ago(and forgot about it!) offering €50 off the S7.....but said offer expires 31st August so thats probably not valid anymore. I might pop into CPW and see if theres a different assistant there who actually might offer me an upgrade
    Let me know how you get on, will be interesting to see whats available

Rang Eir,was offered the S7 for €199 and stay on same 18 month contract. Seems like a good deal. But I wanted to see the S7 so I called into an Eir store after work but they had none in stock,more coming in tomorrow or Wednesday. Assistant was pushing the Huawei P9,said its better camera,faster processor and quicker.....But I never heard of Huawei....apart from their ad with Scarlett Johannson ad!!Did a quick google and while its a very good phone,I think the S7 might be a better bet.Would have better sell on value in 18 months.

Is that the S7 Edge? The P9 looks an excellent phone, what price was that offered?

bidiots wrote: »
    Is that the S7 Edge? The P9 looks an excellent phone, what price was that offered?
    No just the S7. The phone rep never mentioned the P9 but the store assistant was definitely pushing it,said its a better phone all round. She said they would match the price of €199 for the P9. Is it a better phone?

• Advertisement

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/huawei-p9-vs-galaxy-s7,review-3556.html

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-s7/23534/huawei-p9-plus-vs-samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-2016s-finest-android-phones-specs-price-features-hardware-detailed-compared

It's hard to know which is better really, conflicting views...but if its the same price, then Samsung all the way, as you say, future resale...
    I would have to see if they are offering the Edge though....

Advertisement