Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options
1616263646567»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

They only rang me offering an upgrade.

What were they offering you? I've had a few missed calls from them. If the S8 was reasonably priced, I might take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

toby2111 wrote:
    What were they offering you? I've had a few missed calls from them. If the S8 was reasonably priced, I might take it.

Hundred and fifty euro i think for S8 i said id hold off for the S9 she told me there was no sign of the S9 coming two weeks later it was released :-)

Am out of contract on this plan so rang to see about an upgrade. First off, she offered me S8 for €299. I said am not interested, then offered a huawei p8 lite for €49. Told her I'm looking around other providers so she dropped S8 to €249 or free p8. Declined both offers and she asked why....... Cos it's too dear that's why!
    Anyone else get any upgrade offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

So I've finally given up this plan, which I've had to do in order to pre-order the Huawei P20 pro.

Going to revert to the standard 10GB 400 mins plan @€;45 pm which will give me 4G coverage for the first time at the expense of unlimited calls with 15Gb on 3G @34.50.

I was told that I could stay on the select unlimited 18 plan and get the phone at the same price when released (€449) but I'd be missing out on the pre-order offer of free Bose Qc 35 II.

Have been waiting on something to tempt me to upgrade for a long time and the P20 pro with the headphone offer is one to push me over the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭mac1961

Anybody got any issues with this plan. A friend of mine went in to get an upgrade as he hadn’t got one in over 3 years. They told him plan was gone and he would have to go on one of their new plans. Just wondering if anyone else was having a problem.

• Advertisement

mac1961 wrote: »
    Anybody got any issues with this plan. A friend of mine went in to get an upgrade as he hadn’t got one in over 3 years. They told him plan was gone and he would have to go on one of their new plans. Just wondering if anyone else was having a problem.

Sounds strange, didn't think you could be forced off a legacy plan. I rang last week about an upgrade and they offered me some.... they were quoting silly money to upgrade to S9.. Even the S8 was €199. But never said anything about plan being gone.

toby2111 wrote: »
    Sounds strange, didn't think you could be forced off a legacy plan. I rang last week about an upgrade and they offered me some.... they were quoting silly money to upgrade to S9.. Even the S8 was €199. But never said anything about plan being gone.

That’s what I thought. I’m on the same plan and never had an issue. But I never go into the shop I ring sales. I think they saw him coming he wouldn’t say boo to a fly and are taking advantage. They wanted him to sign up for €50 plan. I told him to ring sales, but said I would put it out here first to see if anyone else had a problem

mac1961 wrote: »
    That’s what I thought. I’m on the same plan and never had an issue. But I never go into the shop I ring sales. I think they saw him coming he wouldn’t say boo to a fly and are taking advantage. They wanted him to sign up for €50 plan. I told him to ring sales, but said I would put it out here first to see if anyone else had a problem

Yeh, I've only ever upgraded over the phone. Have you upgraded lately? Get any decent deals?

Yeh, I've only ever upgraded over the phone. Have you upgraded lately? Get any decent deals?

Not recently. Won’t be due upgrade till early next year.

By the looks of it they want everyone off this plan with the prices they are charging for upgrades.

• Advertisement

By the looks of it they want everyone off this plan with the prices they are charging for upgrades.

What are they charging you?

toby2111 wrote:
    What are they charging you?

Think it was three hundred or three fifty for galaxy s9

Think it was three hundred or three fifty for galaxy s9

Yeh, same with me. Might hold off a few months & just get the S8, be cheaper than s9

Just rang today and they said that from January,they are no longer providing upgrades on this legacy plan. Said I have to move to a new plan....can they do that?Anyone upgrade on this plan this month?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Just rang today and they said that from January,they are no longer providing upgrades on this legacy plan. Said I have to move to a new plan....can they do that?Anyone upgrade on this plan this month?

Think you mean Eircom rather than this ancient Emobile thread. Please post a new thread. That seems a tad unfair, that they'd be happy to continue charging (35?)but not give any added value

Advertisement