Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20% off an Xperia z1 from sony

Options
  • 01-05-2015 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

20% off for friends and family
    If you’ve got a friend or family member who’d enjoy taking superior shots with the Xperia™ Z1, tell them to enter the code VHPJYKTA7QXD at our checkout and they’ll enjoy 20% off.
    Link
    Sure its been around a while but I dont often get codes to share so hope someone can make some use of it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭billbond4

I tried that code on a Z3 Compact and it worked !! so i assume its 20% off all phones.
    BTW you will need to use ParcelMotel to get the phone
    Tried code on z3 and it worked on it too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

How much does it work out at? I bought a Z2 in argos for 375 in argos a few weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

ciano1 wrote: »
    How much does it work out at? I bought a Z2 in argos for 375 in argos a few weeks back

Z2 works out around 355 with current exchange, although argos would be easier if you had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Been thinking about getting a Z2. How do you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

There doesn't seem to be much difference between the Z2 and Z3 spec-wise, is the Z3 really worth the extra ~€150 it commands over the Z2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Been thinking about getting a Z2. How do you find it?

Lovely phone. I bought it after having a Galaxy S3 for a year. Finding it lightening fast :D Some bloatware but not as much crap that comes on Samsung phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Lovely phone. I bought it after having a Galaxy S3 for a year. Finding it lightening fast :D Some bloatware but not as much crap that comes on Samsung phones.

I've reserved one for tomorrow. Gets really good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭paddydriver

I had to double check the dates on this thread.. wasn't the Z4 announced last month? Surely the Z1 is seriously outdated at this stage:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Glenagoolie

Note: You can get any of these Sony phones for significantly cheaper from Amazon. Being sold by Sony. Z3 Compact works out about GBP£50 cheaper on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

What? The Z1 outdated? It's still well specced for any task!

• Advertisement

I had to double check the dates on this thread.. wasn't the Z4 announced last month? Surely the Z1 is seriously outdated at this stage:eek:

Not really, sony were launching a flagship phone every 6 months so the specs between the z1 and z3 aren't much different.
    The z4 was only announced in Japan two weeks ago and again it's not much of a leap from z3.

I had z1 compact and my brother has z3 compact and very little difference between them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Vodafone are selling the Z3 Compact PAYG for £225 in store all over the UK, don't think any of the deals on the Sony site are anything less than awful - 20% off included.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

billbond4 wrote: »
    Not really, sony were launching a flagship phone every 6 months so the specs between the z1 and z3 aren't much different.

Z1 has a terrible screen though. Just a washed out panel. The better screen on Z3 would be worth t

Z1 has a terrible screen though. Just a washed out panel. The better screen on Z3 would be worth t

It depends on who manufacturered the screen the jdi made ones were better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

billbond4 wrote: »
    It depends on who manufactured the screen the jdi made ones were better

Meh, just remember seeing the demo ones in CPW and it turned me off them. It doesn't matter anyway, its obsolete at this point anyway :) the new one is supposed to be decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paulgs

Amazon.de if you are looking for a Sony phone picked up a z1 compact for 260€ and they have the z3 compact for 366€ snap dragon 800 processor and 2 gig of ram on the z1 runs everything as it should no stalling or opening apps and waiting for something to happen and a fast hi res camera.

Advertisement