Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

terencemc wrote: »
    my friend got the htc one m8 for €29 and another 18 month contract in the cpw if that helps
    Enquired about this in the local CPW and was told the price was €80.....

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭terencemc

he definitely paid €29.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

terencemc wrote: »
    he definitely paid €29.

I think this varies by customer profile? I got a text saying I could contact eMobile about upgrading about a month or 2 ago. Didn't take much notice of it, assumed it was spam, as I had gone into CPW and eMobile on a few occassions once my initial 18 months was up and, as many have pointed out in this thread, the "upgrade" prices were basically designed to get you away from the 34.50 contract (i.e. >500 for HTC ONE M8 IIRC).

Had been looking into buying an unlocked phone (Argos/Amazon?) and going with Tesco 25/month plan.

Went in to Carphone Warehouse yesterday. Asked about an upgrade (I'm on the eMobile 34.50 offer for >2 years).

Got an upgrade to the HTC ONE M8 for the sum of zero euro. :D Signed up for another 18 months (still think it's a great deal for free everything and 15GB of 3G data).

TLDR; If you're still on the 34.50 eMobile contract after the initial 18 months, it may be worth checking upgrade eligibility again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Called into CPW today as my contract is up today. Currently have Galaxy S3. To upgrade to S5, and stay on my plan of €34.50 a month, would cost me €319!!!As mentioned above, seems they're trying to get us off that plan. However,if I use my parents' Eircom phone number, I can switch to the Unlimited minutes+texts and 5GB data(more than enough for me) . 24 month contract,€24 for 6 months then €39 for remaining 18 months. S5 would cost €99 by doing this. This plan includes 4G which seems a good bonus. It works out at €35.25 per month for the 24 months, excluding €99 for the phone. Tempted to go for this or is there better alternatives out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

That's a good deal, if you could get a Note4 for the 99 then I would do that myself and revert to the 24pm 30 day contract that I'm currently on

• Advertisement

Don't think emobile have the Note 4, but I could be wrong. When you say revert to 24pm,30 day contract, do you mean at the end of the 24 month bill contract that they're offering?

Yes, I'm on it now, its the same deal as you have outlined except its sim only, 24pm for 30 day contract.
    If they had an offer with a very high end phone, like the Note, then I would go contact for a couple of years

Yes,was thinking about switching over to that myself but would like a new phone also. Was looking at the OnePlusOne mentioned here on boards but a little nervous buying untested,unknown Chinese brands with no local support if it was faulty etc.
    Just saw on a different thread here that Samsung Ireland announced "The Note 4 will be released in Ireland the week of October 20th ".
    It looks like a fantastic piece of kit but would emobile sell it for €99 on this 24 month deal?Prob be way more expensive....but think I'll wait and see. Like yourself, I'd defo sign up then if it was this price.

I got the one+one for a friend, its a beautiful piece of kit in fairness. Its worth the risk, I've had bundles of Chinese phones and most unknown at the time but they were excellent. All phones are made in china anyway....

True! Dont really have the €360 to pay upfront,unless I start saving hard for a few months. Would it be better than the S5 for example?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Went into cpw in liffey valley today. I'm also on the select unlimited 18 month deal since June 2012.

I was given the following options upon renewing for another 18 months;

galaxy s4 - free
    galaxy s5 - €99
    HTC one m8 - €79
    iphone 6 - €199

Seems to be different offers depending on the cpw shop you go to.

Are any of the above offers worth taking up?

My s3 is still going strong although has been quite slow for the last few months.

Might just need to add more ROM as internal memory is almost full.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Went into cpw in liffey valley today. I'm also on the select unlimited 18 month deal since June 2012.

I was given the following options upon renewing for another 18 months;

galaxy s4 - free
    galaxy s5 - €99
    HTC one m8 - €79
    iphone 6 - €199

Seems to be different offers depending on the cpw shop you go to.

Are any of the above offers worth taking up?

My s3 is still going strong although has been quite slow for the last few months.

Might just need to add more RAM as internal memory is almost full.

I'd go for the HTC out of that
    Very good price on that plan

Strange, I got quoted €319 to upgrade although you're out of contract about 10 months which may explain why your quote way cheaper.
    You'd be best personally checking all those phones out yourself. Everybody is different in what they want for a phone.HTC looks the best but in my opinion S5 has better camera and offers more. But we're all different!

toby2111 wrote: »
    Strange, I got quoted €319 to upgrade although you're out of contract about 10 months which may explain why your quote way cheaper.
    You'd be best personally checking all those phones out yourself. Everybody is different in what they want for a phone.HTC looks the best but in my opinion S5 has better camera and offers more. But we're all different!

Will check out both of them in more detail in the next couple of weeks. I'm half thinking about waiting to see what offer I might get on a Galaxy note 4 (assuming that E-mobile will offer it).

It's certainly an interesting phone although i'm not sure how practical it will be in the pocket!

I'm thinking exact same as you! Tempted to get the S5 on their Unlimited(with 4G) 24 month deal I mentioned earlier but read a bit about the Note 4 last night and it seems a very impressive phone......though maybe a bit big.I'd need to see and handle one first. But I'd say providers will be pricing it at minimum €199, even €299 on a 24 month contract....more on an 18 month one. Could be wrong though,will just have to wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Got quoted €269 from CPW over the phone for the M8 on the eircom F&F plan.

I'm out of contract with 4 months or so.

Might call in to see can I get a better price as they never took my number or anything so it would have just being a general price.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

toby2111 wrote: »
    Will check out both of them in more detail in the next couple of weeks. I'm half thinking about waiting to see what offer I might get on a Galaxy note 4 (assuming that E-mobile will offer it).

It's certainly an interesting phone although i'm not sure how practical it will be in the pocket!
    I was allowed to upgrade a year ago.
    If you want, I will call and see what they quote me.
    Just let me know what phones to check. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Bizarrely, I've been to 5 CPWs the last two days and been quoted all sorts in price differences
    differences for a z3

Carrickmines Harvey Norman €79
    Tallaght €279
    Liffey Valley €319
    Dundrum - don't sell it but said at least 300

Then today in Wexford I got it for €99

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

I've been quoted €249 for an iPhone 6 and keeping the same plan I'm on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

For anybody that did upgrade, did you have to give your eircom phone number again or anything? We aren't with Eircom any more but were when this deal initially came in.

P.s. Went to a Harvey Norman's today and they couldn't even price me for the Z3. Said I had to change plan.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I went into eMobile this evening to enquire. On sim-free €24/m deal. To get iPhone 6 as follows:
    24 month contract
    €24/m first 6 months, 39/m for 18 months. iPhone 6, 16GB €199, 64GB 299. iPhone 6plus 16GB €299. 2 on wait list in store for each. Specifically asked if I was still with Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

I upgraded on this plan about 4 months ago or so.

Didnt have to give an eircom number or anything. (No longer with eircom)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MentalMario

€269 for Z3 & M8 through eMobile on this plan, this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭eoin1539

I think this is a bit expensive. I'm on pre pay on meteor and for €10 I get unlimited Internet , free unlimited meteor calls, 300 texts to any network and 100 international texts.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

eoin1539 wrote: »
    I think this is a bit expensive. I'm on previous pay on meteor and for €10 I get unlimited Internet , free unlimited meteor calls, 300 texts to any network and 100 international texts.

Unlimited being 7.5GB. For my €24/m its unlimited calls, texts, landlines and 5GB data. Calls to Meteor/eMobile are u limited as well. Some good deals with Tesco available too for around €20 per month. Nearly more competitive now in the PAYG segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭mac1961

whiterebel wrote: »
    I went into eMobile this evening to enquire. On sim-free €24/m deal. To get iPhone 6 as follows:
    24 month contract
    €24/m first 6 months, 39/m for 18 months. iPhone 6, 16GB €199, 64GB 299. iPhone 6plus 16GB €299. 2 on wait list in store for each. Specifically asked if I was still with Eircom.

That deal requires you to have a landline with eircom check t&c as far as I can remember you are getting tied into keeping your landline with them for a further 12 months.

mac1961 wrote: »
    That deal requires you to have a landline with eircom check t&c as far as I can remember you are getting tied into keeping your landline with them for a further 12 months.

I should have made it clear, the deal was based on my still being an Eircom customer.

looder wrote: »
    For anybody that did upgrade, did you have to give your eircom phone number again or anything? We aren't with Eircom any more but were when this deal initially came in.

P.s. Went to a Harvey Norman's today and they couldn't even price me for the Z3. Said I had to change plan.

I went into Harvey Norman in Naas and got a Z3 for 99 euro and kept my 34.50 18month select unlimited plan.

I had also previously gone into CPW in Liffey Valley a couple of weeks ago and was again told no problem to stay with my current plan.

I'm not an Eircom customer, and indeed never was originally when I got the select unlimited plan in 2012.

You should be able to stay on your plan and at least get a price for a Z3.

looder wrote: »

I went into Harvey Norman this evening in Naas and got a Z3 for 99 euro and kept my 34.50 18 month select unlimited plan.

The only downside is that i'm stuck on 3G but that's not really an issue for me.

I had also previously gone into CPW in Liffey Valley a couple of weeks ago and was again told no problem to stay with my current plan.

I'm not an Eircom customer, and indeed never was originally when I got the select unlimited plan in 2012.

You should be able to stay on your plan and at least get a price for a Z3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭eoin1539

whiterebel wrote: »
    Unlimited being 7.5GB. For my €24/m its unlimited calls, texts, landlines and 5GB data. Calls to Meteor/eMobile are u limited as well. Some good deals with Tesco available too for around €20 per month. Nearly more competitive now in the PAYG segment.

Ye that's a pretty good deal. I usually never call or text anyone, I just IM with the data. Once I have unlimited data I'm happy :pac:

Advertisement