Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Calls, texts and data. Half price. Emobile

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

Which would sell for more, the iPhone 6 plus now or the galaxy note 4 in 3 weeks?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I'd imagine the fact that both are going to be network locked will have an affect on the price you'll get for either, what price are are hoping to get?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭h_orse

Well guys,

In longford store, you need to be a current eircom subscriber.

Also the small print says that when you avail of any of these packages, you are binding yourself into another 12 months on your current eircom package.

That is why i did'nt avail of this package.

I have broadband on 40 euro a month with (2.5mb) which is crap.

My 12 month contract is up next month, cant wait to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

h_orse wrote: »
    Well guys,

In longford store, you need to be a current eircom subscriber.

Also the small print says that when you avail of any of these packages, you are binding yourself into another 12 months on your current eircom package.

That is why i did'nt avail of this package.

I have broadband on 40 euro a month with (2.5mb) which is crap.

My 12 month contract is up next month, cant wait to cancel.

I was an Eircom broadband customer for 5+ years. Went to signup for one of their emobile deals. They looked for a €300 deposit even though my credit history is clean and never missed a direct debit payment with Eircom either. I promptly cancelled my eircom account.
    Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired so I'd be weary of dealing with them again.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

No mention to me about extending the eircom plan. Doesn't even have it in the contract. Which small print did you see it in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭mac1961

antodeco wrote: »
    No mention to me about extending the eircom plan. Doesn't even have it in the contract. Which small print did you see it in?

This is to do with the 4G unlimited plan for eircom customers.

I'm on the 3G one anyway! If next time I'm asked to extend my eircom by 12 months, I'll be walking away.

On the last page of the details before you commit to the new plan

* I understand that by signing up to this eMobile plan, I am renewing my existing fixed line eircom account. If the fixed eircom account associated with the eMobile promotion on this plan is ceased, the eircom customer discount will be removed from the eMobile plan. eircom Bundle discount pricing available in Terms and Conditions.

This here appears........??????

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Other than eMobile/eircom, are they allowed to ask for your PIN or is there even a need to?
    I was asked and did give it at CarphoneWarehouse. I've since changed it.

h_orse wrote: »
    On the last page of the details before you commit to the new plan

* I understand that by signing up to this eMobile plan, I am renewing my existing fixed line eircom account. If the fixed eircom account associated with the eMobile promotion on this plan is ceased, the eircom customer discount will be removed from the eMobile plan. eircom Bundle discount pricing available in Terms and Conditions.

This here appears........??????

Mine doesnt have that!

• Advertisement

How would I get around it so do you think.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

when call are only cheap when u dont call 118 50 because they cost €7 per call yeh right free then they cost €7 per call me on my phone bill, also pre pay power call cost €3 per call,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

CDiWI.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

In Carphone Warehouse the other day in Waterford in Harvey Normans. I originally was on the Select Unlimited 18 month plan for 35 a month which is well over now at this stage.
    The offer was a Galaxy S5 for €99 but I would have to change plan to the €39 a month for 2 years and the first 6 months would be €24. Looks to be the exact same as what is on the emobile website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

3 g charge €20 with iphone 4 or 4s on bills pay for 12 month with internet included

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MentalMario

bazual wrote: »
    In Carphone Warehouse the other day in Waterford in Harvey Normans. I originally was on the Select Unlimited 18 month plan for 35 a month which is well over now at this stage.
    The offer was a Galaxy S5 for €99 but I would have to change plan to the €39 a month for 2 years and the first 6 months would be €24. Looks to be the exact same as what is on the emobile website.

It's 5 Gig of 4g data instead of 15 Gig of 3g.

I think that's the only difference.

I was thinking about switching to it but am reluctant to leave the 15Gb one even though I use 2 gig or 3 gig max per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Tempted to switch myself and sign up to that new Emobile deal with the s5. My s3 is getting laggy and unresponsive. Sometimes after closing an app, there's no apps on the screen, then after a few seconds they just appear! On a quick side note - Anyone know how to fix this or is the phone just getting too old? I run Clean Master a few times a day but doesn't make any difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Anyone on the deal should go back over their bills for 6+ months. I did this and I wasn't going over the 5GB, so decided to switch.
    I hesitated for a while "just in case" I needed the extra data. I know my typical usage so if I need more data I can always get the unlimited data add-on for 15 euro as I need it. You can add and remove add-ons as needed.

Out of interest, anyone who switched to get the 4G access - do you find yourself using 4G that much?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭MentalMario

I've given up on staying on the Eircom Friends & Family plan offer. Thinking about that €24 per month for 6 months and €39 per month for 18 months now.

Anybody got a link to it? I want to check price of phones.

I'm also finding eMobile Customer Care very incompetent with the last two or three weeks for a few small queries so I'm going to check around to see what's on offer elsewhere, too although I can't see anybody having as good a deal as eMobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

i have 6 months left in my 34.50 select unlimited contract with emobile, does anyone know can i upgrade to the 4g plan and get a new phone with it or would i need to see out my current contract?

• Advertisement

BArra wrote: »
    i have 6 months left in my 34.50 select unlimited contract with emobile, does anyone know can i upgrade to the 4g plan and get a new phone with it or would i need to see out my current contract?

Ring and ask them. I defo think they're trying to get people off that old €34.50 plan so they might do something for you. I rang today enquiring about the Note 4,said no sign of them stocking it,maybe before Xmas. Got offered S5 for €99,on the 24 month unlimited(but 5GB data) deal-€24 first 6 months, then €39 for remainder. Might wait and see though I like the S5.

well reason why im trying to get off the 34.50 is because they are throttling 3g data to under 0.5mb. if i switch to the 4g plan its a worry that its just as bad, however i dont think it is...

BArra wrote: »
    well reason why im trying to get off the 34.50 is because they are throttling 3g data to under 0.5mb
    Really?How do you know that??Sounds worrying if true.
    Anyone got any experience of 4G speeds in general with Emobile?Much of an improvement from 3G?

because there are several threads on their forums from many users all with the same issue. emobiles investigation was closed as ' there is no issue ' which is complete rubbish.

they are throttling it seems or oversubscribed, used to get 7-10mb download, now its always under 1mb.

haven't got over 1mb download in two months. changed sim, no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I was on the original "Unlimited" plan for €32 since January 2013 and then I went away to Canada and when I came back I went onto that €35 plan. Have no issues. But to change over to the G plan I would be wary. I was using 4G in Canada on my package there which had a 2GB limit per month and even though I was careful I milled over 2GB in about 2 weeks. I can imagine that the 5GB wouldn't last very long her on 4G.

I can imagine that the 5GB wouldn't last very long her on 4G.
    Why would that be?I thought 4G just meant quicker speeds. Does it eat more data while doing this?

You tend to eat more data quicker by more usage.

Look at data usage with your broadband over the years. The faster speeds the more you'll use.

Compare your 200Mb/s connection today to your 1Mb/s (or less) connection 8 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

toby2111 wrote: »
    Ring and ask them. I defo think they're trying to get people off that old €34.50 plan so they might do something for you. I rang today enquiring about the Note 4,said no sign of them stocking it,maybe before Xmas. Got offered S5 for €99,on the 24 month unlimited(but 5GB data) deal-€24 first 6 months, then €39 for remainder. Might wait and see though I like the S5.

Go into Carphone warehouse and ask them what your upgrade options are. Fairly sure that they can sell you a note 4 on the same plan you are on.

They'll probably ask for 199 for the note 4.

I got a z3 for 99 and stayed on the 34.50 18 months select unlimited plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I had an absolute disaster today with my phone :( and think I need a new one :( I would love the eMobile deal but am not an Eircom customer, is there any way around it?

• Advertisement

Millem wrote: »
    I had an absolute disaster today with my phone :( and think I need a new one :( I would love the eMobile deal but am not an Eircom customer, is there any way around it?

I'm not an eircom customer and I'm on the deal.

http://www.emobile.ie/non-eircom-customer-sim-only-plans/#

Advertisement