Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

TheFairy wrote: »
    Totally agree, I feel that Wasteland outstrips Dayz, sure its rare to be killed by a zombie in Dayz, its far more about PVP and Wasteland has this in trumps!

Ah but in Wasteland a death means nothing, weapons everywhere, and vehicles galore. Sure there is some fun PVP moments, but there isn't the same fear of death, and heart pounding PvP action in wasteland. So for that reason I think Wasteland has more PvP battles, but I feel DayZ has more intense PvP moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Going to be having a go of this in the new year. Any good newbie guides?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Laviski

Doodee wrote: »
    Going to be having a go of this in the new year. Any good newbie guides?

simple tip when someone says im friendly you shoot him in the head and take his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Laviski wrote: »
    simple tip when someone says im friendly you shoot him in the head and take his stuff.

Shoot him in the head, then wait for him to come back and collect his gear, and then shoot him in the head again.

Rinse and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Big question is. Is this worth buying once the hype died down? ARMA + OA is reduced on steam. Or am I better off waiting for the real thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Shoot him in the head, then wait for him to come back and collect his gear, and then shoot him in the head again.

Rinse and repeat.

But won't they get angry?

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

that is the whole reason to do it. You have much to learn in the art of trolling.

It's bitterness and anger which fuels DayZ. Why else would you travel 10km across the rugged terrain of Chernarus to kill another team and then burn their base! :D
    BX 19 wrote: »
    Big question is. Is this worth buying once the hype died down? ARMA + OA is reduced on steam. Or am I better off waiting for the real thing.

Definitely get Arma II Combined Operations when it's on sale, as it's still an amazing game even without DayZ.

As I mentioned before, the Wasteland mod is worth the price of admission by itself.

rage tears best tears.

i would advise anyone to get arma2 cause you have dayz (survival) wasteland (pure pvp) and domination (mainly co op and some roleplay) also arma 2 has some really great mods and addons to add more experience to ur gaming.

edit: wasteland isnt a mod how many time do i need to tell ya u donkey :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,167 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I was on the same german private hive server and it got hacked! We all got transported to a walled in area at NWAF with loads of guns. Then we all died and I disconnected. I reconnect a few hours later to find that the hackers base is still there. We can't get in from the outside so I help a few german lads fix up a chopper and we fly over the wall. The I blow a hole in the wall using satchels. The place had loads of crates filled with every legit gun and loads of ammo. So I fill up my SUV and drive up north and hide it in the woods. Now the other lads reckoned there would be a server reset and we would lose everything. Is this possible?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

If the admins have the ability to roll back the server. Yes you will lose everything & return to the gear you had before the hacker got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Quick question lads, my laptop cant run ARMA 2 so my brothers letting me set up another user on his laptop and im going to buy ARMA 2: CO on that user, and download day z and wasteland so I can have a separate character to his as thats why he doesnt want me playing on his. But instead of downloading the two games again, is there any way I can copy and paste the files from his user to mine ? Or are they stuck to his steam account?
    Cheers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Quick question lads, my laptop cant run ARMA 2 so my brothers letting me set up another user on his laptop and im going to buy ARMA 2: CO on that user, and download day z and wasteland so I can have a separate character to his as thats why he doesnt want me playing on his. But instead of downloading the two games again, is there any way I can copy and paste the files from his user to mine ? Or are they stuck to his steam account?
    Cheers

Create a backup using steam. Buy it again on steam for the other account and restore the backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

You dont need to buy them again.

You can create new profiles and use seperate ones, only on official dayz servers will it become a problem( your GUID is saved in positions), private servers are better at the moment. So you wont have an issue if your Player 1 and he is profile player 2.

If you do buy them if Steam is installed to all users you wont have to download them again.

dreamers75 wrote: »

You can create new profiles and use seperate ones, only on official dayz servers will it become a problem( your GUID is saved in positions), private servers are better at the moment. So you wont have an issue if your Player 1 and he is profile player 2.

If you do buy them if Steam is installed to all users you wont have to download them again.
    I havent got the user set up yet, so if I set the user up and download steam, will I still not have to download it ?

Steam is installed on his laptop already?

So if you create a new user and steam is installed for all users(on windows), when you login(to steam) any games you own that are in the common folder are available to play.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

dreamers75 wrote: »

Are you sure about that KD? Pretty sure private hives save your GUID as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Are you sure about that KD? Pretty sure private hives save your GUID as well.

But it won't affect your position on other private hives. They each pick a seperate private hive that they want to play on, both of them can play and what they do won't effect the other player.

They won't be able to play together though so thats a bummer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Couldn't play together anyway.

Same laptop :P

Kells... wrote: »
    Couldn't play together anyway.

Same laptop :P

I know that :rolleyes::p
    Got it sorted, thanks for the help :)

• Advertisement

What server do you lads normally play on?

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    What server do you lads normally play on?

Gael lords wasteland thread below this one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Yousef wrote: »
    Just bought Arma2 last night to play DayZ.

I was holding off for the standalone but Rocket said we might be waiting a while so I said to hell with it.

One word - AWESOME.

Same as that, got ArmA II and expansions on the steam sale, just installing it now :)

Reading back through this thread few mentions of a boards server-this still around? I'm using six launcher and searched for 'boards'.

glynf wrote: »
    Same as that, got ArmA II and expansions on the steam sale, just installing it now :)

Reading back through this thread few mentions of a boards server-this still around? I'm using six launcher and searched for 'boards'.

There's no Boards server at the moment.

Many of the same people who operated the old Boards server now run The Gael Lords Wasteland server (also Domination and Fugitives).

The kinks are also being worked out on a DayZ Namalsk server at the moment.

Excellent. Will have a go on a few noob servers first so.

There's no Boards server at the moment.

Many of the same people who operated the old Boards server now run The Gael Lords Wasteland server (also Domination and Fugitives).

The kinks are also being worked out on a DayZ Namalsk server at the moment.
    One of the best maps I think, a lot of loot but a lot harder to stay alive without warm clothing :) definitely going to keep an eye out for that server!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Anyone here play DayZ or arma 2 on a 2gb ddr3 GT650m ??, i know its gonna be a nice boost from this 5450m im currently forced to play on..

3 hrs. in and all I've got is a poxy double barrel. :)

Amazing atmosphere though, as a huge Stalker fan (the game that is) I'm loving it so far. Buggy bastard of a game, the amount of fluting about I had to get it over 30fps in eyefinity even with xfired 7970's is shocking. Minor detail as I have a feeling its going to be worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

glynf wrote: »
    3 hrs. in and all I've got is a poxy double barrel. :)

Amazing atmosphere though, as a huge Stalker fan (the game that is) I'm loving it so far. Buggy bastard of a game, the amount of fluting about I had to get it over 30fps in eyefinity even with xfired 7970's is shocking. Minor detail as I have a feeling its going to be worth it.

haaha, i remember when i started playing this months back before i knew the map, running for literally 2/3 hours across fields until i hit the edge of the damn map.. then i had to turn around and make my way back ^^

Just keep by the shore line if your just starting, both biggest cities are along the coast.

Yep, its crazy the amount of slobbering you have to do to get a decent frame rate on this engine, iv managed to get it between 20 and 30 frames on a 5450m, but.. it looks sh*t =/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement