Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gael Lords' Wasteland

Options
  • 10-12-2012 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭

We are the Gael Lords.

We have an ArmA 2 OA: Wasteland server up and running!
    Our website is coming soon but for now, if you have questions or comments you can follow us on Twitter (@GaelLords), email us at gaellords[at]gmail.com or join our Steam Group!

You can search in the ArmA's browser for "GaelLords.com WasteLand Server" to join. JSRS is supported and, to be honest, recommended.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

You don't need to download any files like DayZ. You can just join the server in regular operation arrowhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

50 Slots with a possible upgrade to 75 slots, ACE mod and ACRE mods are being worked on along with TS3 access in the next day or so.

Im also messing with extra vehicles from the army of the czech republic DLC.

EDIT: 3 servers up..Wasteland, Domination and Laviski's fugitives mission (****ing awesome!)

We'll probably be replacing Domination with DayZ whenever the standalone comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Fugitives gameplay.

Up to 3 fugitives start with nothing, they must steal and scavenge weapons and vehicles and make it to the Extraction Point. Stealth is key as the Fugitives are chased by the fully armed OpFor. OpFor have numbers, weapons and vehicles. It's up to the Fugitives to drive, swim and sneak across Everon and get to the BlueFor base in the south.

If a Fugitive is killed, s/he can return as BlueFor and provide support to the remaining Fugitives. BlueFor have armament similar to OpFor.

The game ends when one or more Fugitives make it to the Evac Chopper, or when all Fugitives are killed.

You will need to be running @Everon to join. JSRS is supported.

Wasteland server is starting to take off.
    About 40 people on when I left.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Yeah there was a good few on today, filled up a few times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Laviski

Hawke wrote: »
    Yeah there was a good few on today, filled up a few times.

Yeah i will examine resource usage and bump it up to 75players tomorrow.
    Will also plan on dayz namalisk. Might get that working tomorrow to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Cheers for all the work you guys are putting into the server(s).

Wasteland is great fun :)

Krys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Played on TIG Wasteland server the other day, have to say that it's a greatly ran server guys and had a lot of fun on it compared to other wasteland servers.

Played on TIG Wasteland server the other day, have to say that it's a greatly ran server guys and had a lot of fun on it compared to other wasteland servers.
    TiG server is different to ours. Its ran by fairy. Gaellords is ran by group on boards social group "dayz active member" we decided to branch out and give ourselves a "proper" name and get our own servers and webby.

Ahh I see, well the Gael lords server was the one I was playing.

I assumed TIG = The Irish GaelLords :o:)

• Advertisement

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Cheers for all the work you guys are putting into the server(s).

Wasteland is great fun :)

Krys

Thx krys, some good fights at sol. The problem with that base is we didnt have the man power to defend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Yeah it was good fun. I see that the server supports JSRS which is somehting that I'd like to try. I tried it on the TIG server but got an error message about CBA files being signed with the wrong key. If I give it a go later on will I get kicked or banned? and if someone could share a working set of expansions or steam launch options for JSRS that would be great. Thanks

About Wasteland servers in general (particularly Gael Lords). Upon restart are Bases and Vehicles removed?

Also can you store weapons/gear anywhere so if you log back in you have a stash of stuff? Just wondering since it's like normal Arma and Not Dayz where when you log out you lose everything on your body.

About Wasteland servers in general (particularly Gael Lords). Upon restart are Bases and Vehicles removed?

Also can you store weapons/gear anywhere so if you log back in you have a stash of stuff? Just wondering since it's like normal Arma and Not Dayz where when you log out you lose everything on your body.

Everything is wiped on a restart. If you stash a box/car the it should remain until a restart.

Ppl must remember this is a mission not a mod. As result everything resets. Dayz operates mysql database to record actions on the server. Im all forit to be made a mod but better serverside cleanup scripts are needed..

Btw our server is jsrs friendly :)
    And also a public teamspeak server.

Laviski wrote: »
    Btw our server is jsrs friendly :)
    And also a public teamspeak server.

I still cant get JSRS to work. I'm using the Steam version and have tried all sorts of combinations of mods to no avail.

Can someone please share their launch options or Arma 2 Launcher options which allow JSRS to work?

If I run JSRS on it's own I get errors while loading the game so I added CBA,CBA_OA and CBA_A2 which gets rid of those initial startup errors. Unfortunately when I join your server I then get errors relating to a whole bunch of CBA files not being signed with the correct key version so I get kicked off.

I'm running CBA v1.0pre10 build 179 with JSRS patched to v1.4.3. The launch options I try usinf Arma 2 Launcher are as follows (with all 4 modfolders in Steam OA folder):
    "-mod=H:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;@jsrs1.4;@cba;@cba_a2;@cba_oa" -nosplash -noPause

I too would also like some help /info about getting JSRS working.

here is the version i am running using Six Updater and my issue is what Jumbo describes ^^^

DnBol.jpg?1

M3jot.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Server needs to place its keys into

E:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\keys

or turn off verifysignatures

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Server needs to place its keys into

E:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\keys

or turn off verifysignatures

thats already done.

download jsrs then you need to download the update

I downloaded everything manually, moonboy used Six Updater and we both have the same problem.

My verisons are:
    JSRS v1.4.3 (updated using the patch as stated previously)
    CBA v1.0.0.188
    CBA_A2 v1.0.0.8
    CBA_OA v1.0.0.6

Moonboy's are the same except he has CBA v1.0.0.190

There is a beta JSRS v1.5, is that the one the use? If you could check your versions (JSRS and CBA) that would probably solve our problem. Thanks

• Advertisement

I can see from the link below that the three CBAs are not listed in the allowed signatures on the gaellord's server. Would that be causing the problems?

http://arma2.swec.se/server/data/345010

The jsrs key matches the one I have but I dont see cba_b179, cba_a2_b8 or cba_oa_b6 listed on your server (these keys came with the version of CBA that I downloaded). For comparison I found another server running wasteland with JSRS which has those CBA keys:

http://arma2.swec.se/server/data/345322

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I'm having the same problem with running JSRS. I'll get Laviski to look at it in the morning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

A battle that happened yesterday on the server. Some of you might of been part of this, not sure.

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem with running JSRS. I'll get Laviski to look at it in the morning.

Did an update this mornin. Somebody try jsrs now. It worked yesterday for some.

Laviski wrote: »
    Did an update this mornin. Somebody try jsrs now. It worked yesterday for some.
    Thanks I'll try it later on. I tried at around 2am this morning when I spotted that the CBA keys had been added to the server but it didnt work for me. If someone gets it working perhaps they could post their mod versions and launch settings.

I Must check out that video later, I dont think I was doing much near Novy yesterday but the lads may have been (while I was struggling to get JSRS to work :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Can't open any gear menus, how do I fix this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Can't open any gear menus, how do I fix this?

Fixed it by restarting game.

Had some good fun until it got stuck on an endless loop of "Receiving...". Shot at and got shot by ulsterbankfail a few times, saw my friend get murdered right in front of me by a "team mate", found a humvee and then got shot at some more, can't wait to play more tomorrow :D

JSRS is working fine now.

Cheers for the server update GL's

glad you are all enjoying it.

a few issues thou:
    I did make thermal weapons harder to get but obviously u do the objectives you can get your hands on the awesome gear etc.
    I've changed what spawns in most crates so get your gold ak's out ;-)
    The vehicle respawn scripts is working but like last night all the vehicles were parked in kabino hence not many vehicles anywhere else. the solution is a restart i'm afraid.
    The base I put up near kabino attracted so much fighting i decided to put something a little more permanent. Think of it as king of the hill.
    And from now on the official rule is no combat in guglovo.

Now a separte issue. I would like ye folks to join the fugitives server 2nite and see what you think the mission is still in developement LINKY. If your interested in giving this game style a go join the teamspeak 3 server "gaellords.com" shouldn't need to put in port but if you want to "gaellords.com:9987" The max players for this mission is 29. You will need to download and install this map in order to play.
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12787
    Other link cause armaholic is slow.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xb4x67o0r3t863r

Start time is 8pm GMT and will run through everthing to everyone before we start.

server is "Gaellords.com Fugitives Server - Ireland"

• Advertisement

I'd like to give it a go but my net has been acting up these past few days so I keep getting disconnected from TS and lagging ingame. I'll see how I'm getting on with it anyway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement