Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

glynf wrote: »
    3 hrs. in and all I've got is a poxy double barrel. :)

Amazing atmosphere though, as a huge Stalker fan (the game that is) I'm loving it so far. Buggy bastard of a game, the amount of fluting about I had to get it over 30fps in eyefinity even with xfired 7970's is shocking. Minor detail as I have a feeling its going to be worth it.

I'm not sure how well Arma II actually does with crossfire, but I doubt it's brilliant.

I'd say you should try running a single card and see how that goes. I myself run a single 7970 and I get great frames with everything pretty much cranked to the max (1920x1080).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

glynf wrote: »
    3 hrs. in and all I've got is a poxy double barrel. :)

Amazing atmosphere though, as a huge Stalker fan (the game that is) I'm loving it so far. Buggy bastard of a game, the amount of fluting about I had to get it over 30fps in eyefinity even with xfired 7970's is shocking. Minor detail as I have a feeling its going to be worth it.

just wait till you have spent 20 hours or more building up to an AS50 sniper rifle with a thermal L85 and a m1911 and you have a guille suit , and the best packs with loads of food and ammo and rangefinders with night vision goggles, GPS,compass etc and all of a sudden you either get knocked out by a zombie and eaten or shot outta nowhere or worse break a leg and have to spend 2 weeks crawling back to the nearest city to get morphine only to be killed as your injecting yourself , then you will know what this game is all about , PURE RAGE !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

just wait till you have spent 20 hours or more building up to an AS50 sniper rifle with a thermal L85 and a m1911 and you have a guille suit , and the best packs with loads of food and ammo and rangefinders with night vision goggles, GPS,compass etc and all of a sudden you either get knocked out by a zombie and eaten or shot outta nowhere or worse break a leg and have to spend 2 weeks crawling back to the nearest city to get morphine only to be killed as your injecting yourself , then you will know what this game is all about , PURE RAGE !! :D

Lol sounded great until the '2 weeks crawling' bit, at least you can laugh at it now though. :)
    I'm not sure how well Arma II actually does with crossfire, but I doubt it's brilliant.

I'd say you should try running a single card and see how that goes. I myself run a single 7970 and I get great frames with everything pretty much cranked to the max (1920x1080).

Running at 5916 x 1080 so one card struggles unless all options set to min. I since tried the 'ArmA2OA demo' application profile in CCC and I'm getting between 45-110 fps with xfire enabled & AA off. Seems there are a lot of config file tweaks for ArmA I can try as well.
    haaha, i remember when i started playing this months back before i knew the map, running for literally 2/3 hours across fields until i hit the edge of the damn map.. then i had to turn around and make my way back ^^

Just keep by the shore line if your just starting, both biggest cities are along the coast.

Yep, its crazy the amount of slobbering you have to do to get a decent frame rate on this engine, iv managed to get it between 20 and 30 frames on a 5450m, but.. it looks sh*t =/

Thanks for the advice, I will stay coastal and look for a decent gun. It's a bit annoying when you have a hunting knife & an axe and can't equip either to clatter some undead bollox who keeps following you..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Right click on the axe and remove from toolbelt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Ah. that would explain why I could not find an 'equip' button under the control options. :o

Cheers Genghiz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Hey guys. Haven't been on here in a while and just reinstalled dayz. Is there still a boards server and what's happening on there atm?

Hey guys. Haven't been on here in a while and just reinstalled dayz. Is there still a boards server and what's happening on there atm?

The old Boards server is gone, but...

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

hmm - i'd like to try the wasteland mod!!!

played many, many hours of DayZ over the week end - on DE and FR servers -quite a learning curve ... but man, it's brilliant!

hmm - i'd like to try the wasteland mod!!!

played many, many hours of DayZ over the week end - on DE and FR servers -quite a learning curve ... but man, it's brilliant!

You don't need to download anything at all to run the Wasteland Mod (in case someone here wants to try it out).

If you're using an Arma II Mod Manager, just make sure to disable all your other mods before you hop onto the server. You can, however, leave JSRS running.

i am only using DayZ commander really - i haven't tried any other mods yet !

is the server "GaelLords.com DayZ Namalsk Private Hive - Ireland" running ? do you know ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Nope, having problems getting that up and running, mainly an issue with zombies and items spawning.
    Have a go at the wasteland server, its great fun, no mods required, just launch normal arma and search for Gaellords Wasteland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dylan1211

Ive been playing dayz about a year now and im finding it abit boring but im playing some namalsk so im geting back into it, looking for people around 15,16 to play with. Pm me if interested.

sure, same here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

I've been playing on panthera and lingor a lot lately, and there such good maps, played a bit of taviana too but didn't really interest me. When the boards server is up for namalsk ill definitely give it a shot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Slightly off-topic:
    I've noticed this thread creeping ever closer to the magic 666 pages / 10,000 posts number.
    Is this the first thread to ever reach this in the Games section? Amazing to think that a mod managed that many posts and although the latter half of this thread was mostly spam-wars and how to install tutorials, the first 50 or so pages were filled with great stories of times in the game.

While I lost interest in this game as I didn't have enough time to dedicate to it, I'll def have a look into it again when the standalone comes out as I still really love the idea. Even the thoughts another mod on the ARMA III engine would be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Slightly off-topic:
    I've noticed this thread creeping ever closer to the magic 666 pages / 10,000 posts number.
    Is this the first thread to ever reach this in the Games section? Amazing to think that a mod managed that many posts and although the latter half of this thread was mostly spam-wars and how to install tutorials, the first 50 or so pages were filled with great stories of times in the game.

While I lost interest in this game as I didn't have enough time to dedicate to it, I'll def have a look into it again when the standalone comes out as I still really love the idea. Even the thoughts another mod on the ARMA III engine would be amazing.

Ye almost 10k posts. Mental stuff. When the standalone comes out hopefully dayz will get its own forum.

Any news on the standalone ? Ive looked around but there hasnt been anything announced in ages it seems unless ive missed it ?

EDIT: Found this:
    It's taken a bit longer to get the news out than I expected, simply because I spent 30 hours in a plane, arrived home for the first time in a year, and realized how dog-tired and sick I was from having worked like crazy for a year. I slept for about 20 hours in a row.
    I'm drafting together the roadmap, and the news will be good and naturally not perfect. We're happy with how things are going, and the more time that goes on the more we can confirm. For me, the most important thing is not to confirm anything in the devblog that we don't have a high confidence in. Sometimes that means I have to leave stuff out, or wait to say stuff, because we just don't know how it will turn out. We're very, very early in the development process - at a time when experimentation of core elements is still very much in vogue.
    While me heading back to NZ for a couple of weeks is going to make things a bit slower, already the psychological benefits are feeling massive for me.
    The December target I set was a good and bad thing. It was good because it forced our development to push heavily towards a target. Without that target, I have no doubt we would be significantly further behind than we are, and we probably would have made some different decisions which would have not been as positive for the project. It was bad because of the expectations it set. That target relates to what was achievable in terms of releasing a "mod on steroids", whereas halfway through we abandoned that and went for a "new game based on the mod" - which is far more ambitious and really what everyone wants. But that meant achieving the december release is much harder, still because I'd made that promise it made the programmers work much harder.
    It does become a bit overwhelming when literally everywhere I go, both on the internet and in real-life, everyone bombards me with wanting to know what is happening.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/14vzj1/sa_rocket_end_of_the_week_is_nigh_what_happened/c7h7wag

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Just to let you guys know that the Gaellords DayZ Namalsk server went live today.

Search "Gaellords Namalsk" or directly connect with: 88.198.53.215:2310

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Just to let you guys know that the Gaellords DayZ Namalsk server went live today.

Search "Gaellords Namalsk" or directly connect with: 88.198.53.215:2310

downloading the namalsk addon and must jump on for a bit.Be nice to play on a server with out French people screaming at each other in global chat for a change

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I hate when people talk over global or side so yeah you wont get that on our server. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

no one here willing to vote day z game of the year? Or are you planning to do that next year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Just to actually have the post here.
    Why so quiet, Rocket?

Kju (ArmA legend and DayZ team member) made a good point that I should really say something, linking me to the points made in http://dayzmod.com/f...-under-the-tree - So here I'm going to just sort of give a literal off the cuff not-announcement.

I'd taken a deliberate step away from the spotlight, particularly given the scandals that have gone on with things with the WarZ. I won't dwell on this issue, only to say that while gamers can tell the difference between the two products - many people can't and it became quite unpleasant for me when I became approached both in real-life and through the internet associating me with the War Z.

Meanwhile, development continued at an even greater pace with the entire project beginning to gel even more than before. I won't give any specifics here, I think the specifics should come with something that you can actually see/play and that will make much more sense. I'm currently in an airport lounge in Sydney, on the long journey back to the Czech Republic.

The year 2012

I can't really even begin to summarize what that year has been for Bohemia, the project, or for me - so I won't try. What I will do is thank everyone for being involved, for making something really amazing out of the idea I started with. There are thousands of people who have and are now directly involved in developing the mod, and it's really amazing for us all to see the wonderful user created content etc coming out. So thank you, to everyone. Because of everyone's support we're now "living the dream" and turning this basic idea into its own game. In fact, we've gone even further than I could ever have hoped... we're not only making the game, we're redoing the engine specifically for the game

Where is the game? Where is the Tumblr post?

Obviously they aren't there yet and I promised that. I also promised more contact, and then I disappeared off the face of the Earth. Now isn't really the time to get into all that, so all I am going to do is say that on all those account I failed and I'll deal to those in good time.

I'm really sorry that on those three counts I've failed, hopefully in time the reasons will all make some sense and the end product will justify all the madness of this year. Now is not the time for me to rush out a tumblr update, nor rush out a build. Both of those will, for the moment, need to wait - and both mean I didn't do what I said I would.

So... 2013?

Let me just say this:

Every progressive day during December, I have gotten more and more excited about the Standalone and it's potential. Each day the whole team is seeing the strength of the development and we're very pleased with how it has been progressing.

Thank you everyone for your support, and particularly, for your patience. Also a big thank you and shout out to the forum mods for their hard work.

I don't think many people will mind as long as the Stand Alone will have a lot of improvement over the current. No time-frame in when it'll be completed but hopefully we'll get some info on that soon. December was always a very optimistic date and I think most people knew that.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

New computer is being delivered this week, and then on to some ARMA goodness. Its been a bit weird not doing any serious gaming lately. Cant wait to have a crack at DayZ again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    no one here willing to vote day z game of the year? Or are you planning to do that next year :D

dayz is a mod, so cant / shouldn't be voted game of the year. As you said yourself, Next year, it'll get goty from everyone.

Finally a good informative update.

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I'd really love to see some performance stats how it compared to mod now.

The whole inventory systems sounds great though, breaking nvgs from shooting a player in the head.

Hopefully its the same for backpacks. They have durability and shooting a player in the back will greatly reduce this.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/164qhr/more_new_standalone_information_from_liriks_stream/

Some more info there with two new screenshots, one thing that worries me is that keys will be shipped 50k at a time and more will come when more servers are available. So will have to be finger on the trigger the day it comes out as I'm sure they'll sell fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

Finally a good informative update.

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

cant wait to get cholera from some tramps knickers.

Man the detail is impressive, down to damaging the NVG's with a head shot. This has a recipe for great success even with out all the hype.

More importantly, where WarZ have badly emulated, the real Dayz will be set apart in the details and depth it will offer, perhaps its a good thing that its taking so long - seems more & more like it will be worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Laviski

well folks i would say release ain't gonna happen till late spring especially if he's refusing to post vid's currently. so until then join our namalsk server!!! but watch out for those bloodsuckers and more importantly the blowouts!

b_560_95_1.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement