Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Anyone played Celle yet? Really good IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

I tried to join the TIG wasteland server but when it goes to character create it just says failed to initialize.. How do I fix this?

First this shows up.
    xh33K.jpg

Then when I click continue and the character loading starts, this shows up:
    Hs72l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/14vzj1/sa_rocket_end_of_the_week_is_nigh_what_happened/c7h7wag

Not exactly sure whats going on in this post, he doesn't seem to give a definite answer of whether it will be delayed or not, unless I'm completely blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

went back to this for the first time in a while based on the above video...not the best of reintroductions, joined a server and got...*attacked??* by a hack called monky.

oddest hack I have ever seen but effective I guess. Hilarious for the first 20 seconds...knocked me unconscious and then started playing faux news programs over my screen using audio and images from the single player until finally turning my screen gray with the words *Suck it up Bitch* written across it.

Was forced to alt tab out and restart after...

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    went back to this for the first time in a while based on the above video...not the best of reintroductions, joined a server and got...*attacked??* by a hack called monky.

oddest hack I have ever seen but effective I guess. Hilarious for the first 20 seconds...knocked me unconscious and then started playing faux news programs over my screen using audio and images from the single player until finally turning my screen gray with the words *Suck it up Bitch* written across it.

Was forced to alt tab out and restart after...

I haven't been on dayz in months. Shame that hackers have to ruin everything. I went to play today and I took a quick video of a hacker while I was playing namalsk (seems similar to the hacker you came across). The quality of the video is crap as I can only upload at 50kbps, and I don't want to wait forever :pac:

He has some huge gun as well, no idea what it is..

• Advertisement

that is the exact same thing I ran into, though I was nowhere near the hacker and had just randomly passed out. So didnt see the guy running around with the big ass gun.

Just had another go and ffs I am terrified of those bloodsuckers...They never stop chasing you and glitch out when in a building so they come through the floor, i ended up travelling for ages on almost no blood trying to find something...anything to rebuild my health, only to die on a tower with 4 assault rifles and no ammo after gunning down every bloodsucker and zombie that was chasing me...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Yeah that's the beauty of Namalsk. Military & high end gear is all over the place but food & medical supplies are so rare! We'll hopefully have a Namalsk server running alongside our wasteland server soon. :)

...I had an unfortunate run in with a gunship and am now been exploring for ages and found not a single gun.

On the bright side I got bloodpacks and antibiotics :D

On the downside I just got whacked by tht EVR thing and I dont know if I died or not, the game seemed to have crashed on me :(

Want me to change map to Namalsk while you guys are waiting on yours? servers going down on Jan 2nd so might as well :D

TWZ on steam for 13 euro, nearly bought it and then snapped out of it (thank god!)

• Advertisement

Those screenshots on the steam page make the game look so much better than it really is.

Arma is still 7th on the top selling list, its only left the top ten once or twice during sales in the past 7 months.

Have you seen the wiki? Wiki is meant for the community to edit BUT it has been found that each dev has 4+ accounts on average just to edit.... Guns that you HAVE to buy are apparently lootable when it is clearly known that you have to buy weps.

The best DayZ video yet:

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

God i miss arma 2 :(

ktulu123 wrote: »
    The best DayZ video yet:

:D:D

I can't help but laugh every time number four comes up.
    Its either the accent, or just how he says makeeerov.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Hahaha that video is so awesome!!

lesson learnt...

Went back to standard server for the first time in ages and discovered I had a character still alive stocked and sitting around in brezno.

Was all giddy and decided to actually set up a tent and stockpile.

Of course the make room for all the extra rifles and guns I was carrying back from the airfield I took only the essentials with me (water, pistol, painkillers.) and set off. Got to the airfield without bother and was leaving with an M4, an M14 and an mp5 when I got jumped by a zombie who got lucky...

and broke my leg.

F*ck.

I left the morphine back in my new tent

in brezno

I'm just south of the northeastern airfield

thats a very long crawl.

Not to mention I shot the zombie with the m14 recklessly and set off all the others around me, so I have little to no blood left and keep passing out.

Someone is going to have to put me out of my misery.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I can't help but laugh every time number four comes up.
    Its either the accent, or just how he says makeeerov.

Plus the fact that he CANNOT sing.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

I could come help you? Think I should have a morphine/bloodbag, where are you? What server?
    *edit* Nevermind, I'm too far away!
    lesson learnt...

Went back to standard server for the first time in ages and discovered I had a character still alive stocked and sitting around in brezno.

Was all giddy and decided to actually set up a tent and stockpile.

Of course the make room for all the extra rifles and guns I was carrying back from the airfield I took only the essentials with me (water, pistol, painkillers.) and set off. Got to the airfield without bother and was leaving with an M4, an M14 and an mp5 when I got jumped by a zombie who got lucky...

and broke my leg.

F*ck.

I left the morphine back in my new tent

in brezno

I'm just south of the northeastern airfield

thats a very long crawl.

Not to mention I shot the zombie with the m14 recklessly and set off all the others around me, so I have little to no blood left and keep passing out.

Think i might have a char near the NWA, haven't played on a hive server in months though. I can give you things if you want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Taviana is now up on dayzdb

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Quick question. I have Arma 2 and am thinking of getting Operation Arrowhead in the Steam sale. With the two of those can I play DayZ, or do I specifically have to buy the 'Combined Operations' pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

arma 2 CO is on sale in steam right now for 15e ^^

@above, you should only need arrowhead if you already have arma 2

Quick question. I have Arma 2 and am thinking of getting Operation Arrowhead in the Steam sale. With the two of those can I play DayZ, or do I specifically have to buy the 'Combined Operations' pack?

You can have them seperately thats fine, you can use the armaholic arma 2 launcher to combine them as CO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Decided to fire up arma for some DayZ today. Its been ages since I played so I had to update everything but now I can't connect to any servers. "Bad version server rejected connection" comes up every time, even on servers that are running the same version as me. I installed the latest beta version but I didn't help. Any ideas?

When is standalone coming out? I'm sick of this sh!t.

Edit: fixed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

Just bought Arma2 last night to play DayZ.

I was holding off for the standalone but Rocket said we might be waiting a while so I said to hell with it.

One word - AWESOME.

Yousef wrote: »

I was holding off for the standalone but Rocket said we might be waiting a while so I said to hell with it.

One word - AWESOME.

Playing on private hive or public? If it was awesome it must have been private, because it sure aint awesome when a hackers insta kills you after 4+ hour gaming session on a public hive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Yousef wrote: »

One word - AWESOME.

It's worth buying Arma II just for the Wasteland Mod, which is a great palette cleanser when it comes to DayZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I spent the evening killing angry germans in elektro on some private hive server. There is nothing funnier than the sound of a raging german spouting hatred in the side channel. Bliss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

It's worth buying Arma II just for the Wasteland Mod, which is a great palette cleanser when it comes to DayZ.

Totally agree, I feel that Wasteland outstrips Dayz, sure its rare to be killed by a zombie in Dayz, its far more about PVP and Wasteland has this in trumps!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement