Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Does boards have a TS server or equivalent for Dayz going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Laviski

TS3: gaellords.com

its used for all 3 servers dayz domination and wasteland

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Rocets new post =]

"The plan from here is straightforward. We will be releasing a closed test >imminently<, during which approximately 500-1000 people will assist in ensuring our architecture is correctly functioning. This closed test will be focused purely on architecture, not the game design. Once we have confirmed fixes for issues arising from the closed test, we will then reschedule an internal date for our public release. "

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/39933141266/where-is-the-standalone-release-i-suppose-i

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

I wonder what the prerequisites for closed testing are

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Laviski wrote: »
    TS3: gaellords.com

its used for all 3 servers dayz domination and wasteland

Just really looking for somewhere to play with a mate whos just got into it, just looking to play normal dayz to begin with, gonna try the boards.ie ts but channel permissions are all locked up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I'm not sure, he said people will have to sign an NDA upon getting in the closed testing, but will be allowed to stream all they want. I doubt any of us will get in, but we can still watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

I'm not sure, he said people will have to sign an NDA upon getting in the closed testing, but will be allowed to stream all they want. I doubt any of us will get in, but we can still watch.

NDAs are pretty standard when it comes to closed stuff.

I just hope they pick the closed testers very carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

I'd say Lirik for one, and probably a handful of Twitch et ai streamers eg Sacriel, Fhrope, Oshi and the squeaky one, whats her face.. Would be good for publicity and makes more sense that he's said that streaming will be ok

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

_vti wrote: »
    NDAs are pretty standard when it comes to closed stuff.

I just hope they pick the closed testers very carefully.

Hopefully hackeronpcin1080p wont get one :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

ktulu123 wrote: »

hahaha

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

ktulu123 wrote: »

Oh? internet gossip!!!

*spill!*

On a side note:

well folks i would say release ain't gonna happen till late spring especially if he's refusing to post vid's currently. so until then join our namalsk server!!! but watch out for those bloodsuckers and more importantly the blowouts!

Just a quick heads up, I dont know why but namalsk is acting really buggy on playwithsix (which is one of the two server apps the official dayz site pushes) as there have been so many conflicting versions of the map that almost no servers show up for the version the program searches for which is 1.7.4.4 (you need to write namalsk into the search bar to show some servers). So you might at times find the population lacking as you'll get a lot less blow ins.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Oh? internet gossip!!!

*spill!*

I don't want to get a big argument started with loads of lads about this guy as has happened on Reddit etc, but here's the video & reddit thread links:

See what you think yourself :)

http://vimeo.com/54480364

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/13rruz/frankieonpc_a_hacker_please_read_before_you/

Oh? internet gossip!!!

*spill!*

On a side note:

Just a quick heads up, I dont know why but namalsk is acting really buggy on playwithsix (which is one of the two server apps the official dayz site pushes) as there have been so many conflicting versions of the map that almost no servers show up for the version the program searches for which is 1.7.4.4 (you need to write namalsk into the search bar to show some servers). So you might at times find the population lacking as you'll get a lot less blow ins.

yeah aware of the problem. but prob a good thing in terms of less hackers. we seem to have regular 10ppl atm daily on the server. ppl can connect via remote ingame if they cant find the server insearch. also would recommend dayz commander to download dayznamalsk and you download the map on nightstalkers
    http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_nc.php?menu=en_nc_down

VinLieger wrote: »

Just really looking for somewhere to play with a mate whos just got into it, just looking to play normal dayz to begin with, gonna try the boards.ie ts but channel permissions are all locked up

ppl can create temp channels but if there is something morespecific ur after drop me a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 aoodi

Hey,im looking too join up with some of you fine folks. iv been on gaellords server a few times, but never seen none playing. you guys play on anything else??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

aoodi wrote: »
    Hey,im looking too join up with some of you fine folks. iv been on gaellords server a few times, but never seen none playing. you guys play on anything else??
    You mean the Namalsk server? Yeah, it's only taking off really. The more players that help start the server, the quicker it'll take off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

any interest in a classic irish Dayz server with Cherno map ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

any interest in a classic irish Dayz server with Cherno map ?
    I'd play on that. Nice to play on something familiar every now and then.
    Have had a few sessions on the Namalsk server and its very good but fairly tough(in a good way).So far I've died from the cold and been torn apart by invisible blood suckers in the middle of no where. Only starting to get an idea of the map, so enjoying the exploration.Generally 2 or 3 people on it, which is good for me when I'm trying figure the game out, less chance of me been sniped or attacked by bandits.

Meatwad wrote: »
    I'd play on that. Nice to play on something familiar every now and then.
    Have had a few sessions on the Namalsk server and its very good but fairly tough(in a good way).So far I've died from the cold and been torn apart by invisible blood suckers in the middle of no where. Only starting to get an idea of the map, so enjoying the exploration.Generally 2 or 3 people on it, which is good for me when I'm trying figure the game out, less chance of me been sniped or attacked by bandits.

ur player name rasta??

anyways the dayz server is only temp until the standalone is released. cherno there is too much running. namalsk at least there is a challenge and less running.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Namalsk is much better for the typical number of players on the server. Chearnarus is too big with too few people, where as Namalsk is perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

ur player name rasta??

No.Usually go by the scarecrow. Seen rasta and another guy called lynx on it any time I've been on.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Namalsk looks good. Might try hop on and check it out after work. Been a while since I've been on DayZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I really enjoy namalsk, I enjoy most of the custom maps but I will admit there is a bit more balance to cherno. Namalsk I've spawned just as a blowout hits and at the same time a bloodsucker picks up my scent...thats just unfair.

But thats namalsk 3 out of every 4 spawns is going to be ridiculously hard, you might get a high end rifle but you'll be miles from any medical or food supplies. And during a busy server there are a lot of players running around with military loot who are paranoid as hell and a shoot first talk later policy is almost naturally enforced.

At least in Cherno you spawn where military loot is a lot less, food is plentiful and medical supplies are spaced out but reachable. Players being often equally as unarmed as you are sometimes more willing to risk working together then in namalsk. The only spawn I hate in cherno is spawning far west on the map and thats just cause its a lot of running to get anywhere and the airfield is between you and the city which usually puts bandits between you and supplies.

On a side note there was a german namalsk server I cant find anymore that helped resolve a lot of namalsk steep starting curve by starting every player with an axe to deal with unlucky bloodsucker spawns and generally the very difficult first hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭conor360

any word on when the standalone is due to be released?

I really enjoy namalsk, I enjoy most of the custom maps but I will admit there is a bit more balance to cherno. Namalsk I've spawned just as a blowout hits and at the same time a bloodsucker picks up my scent...thats just unfair.

But thats namalsk 3 out of every 4 spawns is going to be ridiculously hard, you might get a high end rifle but you'll be miles from any medical or food supplies. And during a busy server there are a lot of players running around with military loot who are paranoid as hell and a shoot first talk later policy is almost naturally enforced.

At least in Cherno you spawn where military loot is a lot less, food is plentiful and medical supplies are spaced out but reachable. Players being often equally as unarmed as you are sometimes more willing to risk working together then in namalsk. The only spawn I hate in cherno is spawning far west on the map and thats just cause its a lot of running to get anywhere and the airfield is between you and the city which usually puts bandits between you and supplies.

On a side note there was a german namalsk server I cant find anymore that helped resolve a lot of namalsk steep starting curve by starting every player with an axe to deal with unlucky bloodsucker spawns and generally the very difficult first hour.

i hear ya, i will look into changing the fresh spawn. its a harsh map and players do need something to start with.

in terms of cherno, yeah its a great map but once the stand alone is released it will be played constantly.

update:

server is restarting every 8 hours and everyone spawn with hatchet

I've recently started playing the Namalsk Crisis campaign which im making a series of. If you like DayZ on Namalsk you'll enjoy the campaign. Its pretty tough at times :)

Episode 1:

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

didn't do so well trying to play namalsk on the gaellords server today. I got the requirements right, but got the "bad version" error message - apparently i have to install older version namalsk crisis and patch them .... pain ...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

didn't do so well trying to play namalsk on the gaellords server today. I got the requirements right, but got the "bad version" error message - apparently i have to install older version namalsk crisis and patch them .... pain ...

http://www.gaellords.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

ur player name rasta??

anyways the dayz server is only temp until the standalone is released. cherno there is too much running. namalsk at least there is a challenge and less running.

I'm Rasta, I love your server, always a fair bit of craic :pac:.

I've been getting kicked from the server for the past hour or so, but it doesn't say why.

Also, how do you play those coop/crisis things? Everytime I try to join one I just end up as a crow flying around lol.
    If you have namalsk installed, does that mean you have namalsk crisis as well?

Ps. don't let the russians borrow your chopper, they always seem to crash them haha.

• Advertisement

[Rasta] wrote: »
    I'm Rasta, I love your server, always a fair bit of craic :pac:.

I've been getting kicked from the server for the past hour or so, but it doesn't say why.

Also, how do you play those coop/crisis things? Everytime I try to join one I just end up as a crow flying around lol.
    If you have namalsk installed, does that mean you have namalsk crisis as well?

Ps. don't let the russians borrow your chopper, they always seem to crash them haha.

yeah i saw that i think you need to re verify your files if your using the steam client and/or reboot pc.

---
    20:11:25 Player Rasta: Wrong signature for file nst\namalsk\data\obyczem_detail_nopx.paa
    20:11:25 Player Rasta disconnected.

20:43:03 Player Rasta: Wrong signature for file nst\ns2\build\arma1\jezekbeton.p3d
    20:43:03 Player Rasta disconnected.

and so on etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement