Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Ah cool ok thanks. What server was that action on?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

TheFairy wrote: »
    Ah cool ok thanks. What server was that action on?

We play on the "sixty8" server. Seems to be pretty good so far.

Part two of Solnichniy blockade:

I'm just after having my greatest arma kill in the last few minutes. We were about to log off wasteland & our Solnichniy fortress when one of the lads got sniped. He logged off anyway & I had a look around for the sniper with a thermal weapon. Couldn't see anyone but I got distracted by a bike coming towards the base. Shot a few grenades at it & was saying feck it I'll waste some ammo & grenades. I lobbed a grenade off the side of the depot that was on top of a tower & it blew up the sniper. It was hilarious!! :P

Going to make a wasteland highlights video soon. We also had some fun taking out a tank today :)

We'll move onto that server again. If you want to kill an irishman, send another irishman!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

ktulu123 wrote: »
    We play on the "sixty8" server. Seems to be pretty good so far.

Part two of Solnichniy blockade:

Is this before we had the base in the factory?

Yeah i think it was the day before

• Advertisement

Yeah i think it was the day before
    Ah right...have you got footage from the time up there? I love to see the part where we got the osprey and we got attacked from every angle when they tried to get it back!

Yeah I do, there's a good bit of that actually. Will edit it soon

Any idea where I can get the server files for this lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

In regards Wasteland, iv been playing for a small bit but noticed the obvious lack of character save. Can you store weapons/loot in Wasteland or is it pretty much starting from scratch when you get back into a server? The upside is that whenever you do restart its very easy to get a vehicle and weapons anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

You can store some of your gear in your base or in vehicles. They will remain there when you log back in.

The servers, however, reset quite frequently.

• Advertisement

Any idea where I can get the server files for this lads?
    https://dev-heaven.net/projects/wasteland-survival-sandbox

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

We are changing hosts in the next week to get a better one that actually lets us access the server files, So we can start putting in custom skins and stuff, Also these guys we're getting have better server specs and are cheaper, we're leaving the 50 slots behind and putting in 30 as max people we ever had on were 20/25 people which means less lag and stuff :D Can't wait!

So just upload them and add the @ link to run the server?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

So just upload them and add the @ link to run the server?

yup pretty much.

Will try and have a server up this evening. Will aim for say a 20 man to start with, may have to pare that back if the box isnt up to it though.

Have a server on our box up and working. 30 player slots at the moment. If a few of you could test it out it would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Have a server on our box up and working. 30 player slots at the moment. If a few of you could test it out it would be appreciated.

whats the server name / address

Sorry "TiG - The Irish Guard - Wasteland"

A few random clips from the last few days:

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Joined Civilian and spawned either as a pigeon or sat in debug for a few minutes. Aborted back and swapped teams to OPFOR which fixed it but got kicked for having been on another team (civilian) in the last 30 minutes so I swapped back to that. Still got kicked for the team thing, tried going back to opfor and it still kicked me. Also might want to get more than 30 slots to compete with the other servers.

• Advertisement

Totally new to ARMA 2 dedi files, so its prob not set up right at all. Will up the player numbers if there are players looking to play, and if the box can take the load etc.

If anyone has a step by step guide to configuring a Wasteland server, it would be much appreciated.

Totally new to ARMA 2 dedi files, so its prob not set up right at all. Will up the player numbers if there are players looking to play, and if the box can take the load etc.

If anyone has a step by step guide to configuring a Wasteland server, it would be much appreciated.

Windows or Linux?

Whats the specs of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

A few random clips from the last few days:

hahaha teamkillin bit was my favourite :p

i was even faceing in the opposite direction , still dont know how i hit you :D

Windoze, Xeon 3.2, 2GB ram. We've had it a while!

I'm pretty sure it'll run say a 30 man no problem, when the server is set up right. Currently using TA2DST to launch, and a mission file that I copied from my own PC after playing on a Wasteland Server.

hahaha teamkillin bit was my favourite :p

i was even faceing in the opposite direction , still dont know how i hit you :D

Cause your a dirty team killing bollox that uses hacks to kill me :P

Windoze, Xeon 3.2, 2GB ram. We've had it a while!

I'm pretty sure it'll run say a 30 man no problem, when the server is set up right. Currently using TA2DST to launch, and a mission file that I copied from my own PC after playing on a Wasteland Server.

Whats the internet connection on it? seriously Arma 2 uses a stupid amount of bandwidth.

you can tweak the server by forcing 2 cores onto it and ensuring the 2gb is used via tadst, the bandwidth tweaking is basically an equation.

Hosted machine so should be ok. Have updated to the latest 404 server configs, will see if that does the business. If still laggy etc then we will lower player numbers and maybe use it as a locked server?

Organise an event for some night on a public server, get two groups to base up at certain areas on the map and then let the war ensue?

Sad sad news :(, although this is speculated, they do provide proof, and I haven't seen any trailers... http://www.cinemablend.com/games/DayZ-Standalone-Pushed-Back-2013-50006.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

simon360 wrote: »
    Sad sad news :(, although this is speculated, they do provide proof, and I haven't seen any trailers... http://www.cinemablend.com/games/DayZ-Standalone-Pushed-Back-2013-50006.html

Nothing new there, that news is a week old. Its doesn't confirm that its going to be pushed back to 2013, Rocket just said if it comes down to it he doesn't mind pushing it back to 2013. That he would rather release a stable playable version.

• Advertisement

Nothing new there, that news is a week old. Its doesn't confirm that its going to be pushed back to 2013, Rocket just said if it comes down to it he doesn't mind pushing it back to 2013. That he would rather release a stable playable version.

Lol having insomnia I thought I've seen all the news, my prediction is that it will be late Feb/March

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement