Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Zombie Mod for Arma 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

simon360 wrote: »
    Lol having insomnia I thought I've seen all the news, my prediction is that it will be late Feb/March

Late January at the latest I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Whats the IP/name of tig server?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

dreamers75 wrote: »

should be ip.theirishguard.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

You can also just type "Ireland" into host, and "Wasteland" into mission. It should be the only server to pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ye0ivdW6fA

Doesn't seem too bad, the interviewer is terrible though.
    If that game wants to get anywhere it will need multiplayer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

You can also just type "Ireland" into host, and "Wasteland" into mission. It should be the only server to pop up.

Yeah its easy enough to find using above.

Currently running the 404 guys version, tried to get Sa-Matras version going but nothing would spawn, tried to use the mission file that loaded locally onto my machine, then uploaded to server....not sure if this is feasable?

Server currently running at 40 man with no real Hiccups. We tend to restart once a day, around 7ish.

Personally I'd like to either remove the TWS thermal weapons or at least make them very very rare, to give a far more balanced game play.

Also thinking that the missions should announce without a description of what the prize is? Might mean more groups turning up to take the spoils?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

TheFairy wrote: »
    Also thinking that the missions should announce without a description of what the prize is? Might mean more groups turning up to take the spoils?

You mean like in Supply Drop missions?
    I like the mystery. If they were the only place to get a TWS and AS50's and stuff, then there would be a huge rush for them.

Currently running the 404 guys version, tried to get Sa-Matras version going but nothing would spawn, tried to use the mission file that loaded locally onto my machine, then uploaded to server....not sure if this is feasable?

You need the @server files, they are missing from the PBO.

Seemingly asking him gets you them.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Sa-Matra is an absolute douche! I joined all the forums the guy regularly posted on to get some clarity to no response. It took Dreamers a minute (this is RARE) to figure out that the server_init and respective server side files were missing lol

Tonic was a bit of a dickhead also until he saw we were running V1D and joined our old boards server lol He was alright once his version of wasteland dropped and provided a little support, albeit still really vague and elusive.

I think these guys have ideas they may be the next Rocket, ie spin their mod off into a stand alone. Its clearly not going to happen.

This whole keeping code to themselves, while understandable, isnt really in the spirit of modding in the first place.

Happy enough with the 404 version, however Sa-Matras latest version allows you to make groups in independant, players in your group have a friendly icon above their heads. Would love this on our server.

I hope to get some indepth understanding of how the code works over the holidays so that I can add additional features. This may not happen though.....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Which Wasteland server are you guys playing on?

Just discussed this via PM with him. The only way he will release them is if the server fits his expecations of spec, probably not in our case, and that we turn over installation to him and he allows us administration :eek:.

Clearly not going to happen. Might have a look and see if I can bodge the server aspect of the files from the 404 files? KD any way this could be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Laviski

Which Wasteland server are you guys playing on?

the members of the group DayZ Active Members are currently setting up a server for DayZ on standalone once its released. in the meantime we are planing to host a wasteland server, Domination and Fugitives server. we getting the few guys to do some art work on the website presently but thats just cosmetic. Big thing is our game servers will run on a i7 3.47ghz 24gig of ram on 2 ssd's with a 100meg pipe. During testing everyone was getting above normal fps, some tweaking still need doing and we hope to have a ts3 server for the public soon, currently we still on a private mumble server.

the servers will will be called GaelLords.com :P
    members of the group join a server called "sixty8" while our server is being tweaked.

oh thefairy also has a server called "the irish guard" if you feel on join that.

Thx Laviski, our server is called "Wasteland Ireland by The Irish Guard - [TiG]" and its run on an old box with no SSD :p.

We are getting great feedback that its a server where teamwork is really the happening thing, and this is what we were aiming for. Just getting my head around PBO files at the moment, so will be tweaking the wasteland files to suit us even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Thx Laviski, our server is called "Wasteland Ireland by The Irish Guard - [TiG]" and its run on an old box with no SSD :p.

We are getting great feedback that its a server where teamwork is really the happening thing, and this is what we were aiming for. Just getting my head around PBO files at the moment, so will be tweaking the wasteland files to suit us even more.

Would you have the RAM to run ArmA off a RAM Disk?

Wasteland is a mission not a mod, tonic ha made tonnes of missions etc for OPf, Arma 1 and 2. Other lad looks to have just edited his mission.

Neither are going for standalone, this is just a mission. But on the offifial forums there does be drama about people using other peoples code/mod/script/addon without permissions.

Afaik tonic never released the server files until it was working.

2Gb so not sure. Its running fine at 40 man, however it will be better when someone moves wasteland to a slightly smaller map so the 40 man is better.

kd where are those domi pbo's u supposed to give me :P

thx just don't have the time to edit the basic domination 2 bpos
    in the end the domi server will become the dayz standalone

• Advertisement

Laviski wrote: »
    thx just don't have the time to edit the basic domination 2 bpos
    in the end the domi server will become the dayz standalone

What do you want in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

If myself and a few mates join the wasteland server, how do we get started? The last thing we want to do is teamkill because we dont know what we are doing.

If myself and a few mates join the wasteland server, how do we get started? The last thing we want to do is teamkill because we dont know what we are doing.

4 teams

Opfor (russians chinese etc:)
    Blufor (US fcuk yeah, british etc)
    Independant (noone really cares for them)
    VTI/imawesome1987s team (avoid!!!)

Team up with your faction and be freindly to them, when in game press J to read the rule list. Ie dont kill opfor if your opfor you get punished for it.

Gather supplies build a base, then like Age of Empires when you think your base is decent go and start a fight with another faction except with taunting etc :p

You can try do the side missions if you have balls of steel and think noone will attack you.

Hey! whats wrong with our team!? lol

We are on GaelLords.com wasteland server atm if you wanna join that.
    kd: just want all the basic decently scripted in, was playing on a decent domi server before but they closed it.

Playing Wasteland tonight was good fun thanks, has great potential. I have a few observations/questions (let me know if this is the correct place to ask):

1. Ingame VOIP does not seem to work, is that intentional?

2. Direct text chat doesnt work either and seemed to confuse the people that we met, is there an alternative or could you include it in the rules?

3. Sometimes the team tags didnt appear over friendlies heads for certain people, is there a fix for that?

4. Do notes on the map only show up for your own team? i.e. how would we mark our own base on the map for our own team mates to see?

5. Do you plan to restart the server often?

Thanks for all the hard work getting the server working btw

Playing Wasteland tonight was good fun thanks, has great potential. I have a few observations/questions (let me know if this is the correct place to ask):

1. Ingame VOIP does not seem to work, is that intentional?

2. Direct text chat doesnt work either and seemed to confuse the people that we met, is there an alternative or could you include it in the rules?

3. Sometimes the team tags didnt appear over friendlies heads for certain people, is there a fix for that?

4. Do notes on the map only show up for your own team? i.e. how would we mark our own base on the map for our own team mates to see?

5. Do you plan to restart the server often?

Thanks for all the hard work getting the server working btw

1 Dunno if they have it turned off, should do it rapes bandwidth.

2. change text channel with ./ same as dayz

3. If its not on head they are not in your squad, when joining all pick the same squad and a leader in the join screen. ie Alpha/Bravo

4. in the channels ie global/side/squad change that then place marker on map only those in the squad can see it. People usually put it in Global and everyone sees it :pac:

5. dunno laviski/vti run it.

1 Dunno if they have it turned off, should do it rapes bandwidth.
    Thought so, thanks
    2. change text channel with ./ same as dayz
    Yeah but direct channel should allow people in the vicinity to see the message but it doesnt, vehicle chat works fine though. I think maybe Global is for your own team-mates only and Side channel is for the whole server but I'm sure I saw team-mates using sidechat to strategise last night which I thought was a bit strange.
    3. If its not on head they are not in your squad, when joining all pick the same squad and a leader in the join screen. ie Alpha/Bravo
    Ah right, so there's a difference between squads and team-mates? I guess the only way to know other team-mates is by their uniform? - scary stuff lol
    4. in the channels ie global/side/squad change that then place marker on map only those in the squad can see it. People usually put it in Global and everyone sees it :pac:
    good man, thanks for cleaing that up.
    5. dunno laviski/vti run it.
    I appreciate your help, sorry for all the noob questions
    6. One more noobish question, I installed JSRS and enabled CBA but the server booted me because my CBA files were signed with the wrong key. Do I need to match my CBA files with TIG server's or am I barking up the wrong tree? I am running Arrowhead from steam and enabling CBA, JSRS etc the mods using the expansions menu

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I would advise you all to update to the latest Namalsk. It has completely changed the game of DayZ as far as im concerned.

This is a video of what happened to us yesterday:

Also white ghillie suits are awesome!!

• Advertisement

rTrLd.gif

I really dont know how we even made it that far...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement