Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

I worked my way up into D3 and since then haven't won a game in 3days. It's so annoying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

Son0vagun wrote: »
    I worked my way up into D3 and since then haven't won a game in 3days. It's so annoying.
    you think thats bad
    wait until you get to D1
    i havnt won a game in about 2 weeks :pac: keep getting demoted to D2 then i get promoted to D1 again then i dont win

basicly i do win but have never won once in D1
    i always pick arsenal and im always against real madrid,barca,chelsea,man city
    id like an even game please haha
    might try lower star teams ha

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

The only thing keeping this years Fifa interesting is the Pro Club

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭risteardb

i Personally think that if people use high preassure tactics and throw in sliding tackles whenever they can, with more than half of them tackles getting my player rather than the ball, there should be at least more cards given out and stamina should drop alot faster...... Very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

risteardb wrote: »
    i Personally think that if people use high preassure tactics and throw in sliding tackles whenever they can, with more than half of them tackles getting my player rather than the ball, there should be at least more cards given out and stamina should drop alot faster...... Very frustrating

The stamina thing I'm with you 100%. Theres noway it shouldn't affect the players, if fifa wants to be true to life this has to be done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

RossieMan wrote: »
    you sound like massive fun to play against.

Not anymore. :cool:

Which 4-5-1 is this. The christmas tree one. Like this:

___0___0__0___0
    ____0___0___0__
    ______0____0___
    _________0______

No, it's 4 2 3 1. But with pacey players in the 3 behind the striker it's more like 433 when attacking, 451 without the ball.

I'm in some crazy good form at the moment. Not sure why. Think it's because I went form the 42121 (basically a narrow 433) to a 451, and then got used to the 451. It's a lot easier to defend when your midfield doesn't get sliced apart. Something like 25 cup and league games played with 1 loss, that was down to a dodgy pen and an undefendable header.

What difficulty? Am currently finding "Professional" too easy and "World Class" way too hard. Used to play legendary on last years Fifa.

What difficulty? Am currently finding "Professional" too easy and "World Class" way too hard. Used to play legendary on last years Fifa.

Online, I don't play much single player. When I do I use world class as standard though.

No, it's 4 2 3 1. But with pacey players in the 3 behind the striker it's more like 433 when attacking, 451 without the ball.

Ah I think I know the one so. 4-2-3-1 wide

If it is yeah I have found this a useful one as well. Find it good on man utd

• Advertisement

Ah I think I know the one so. 4-2-3-1 wide

If it is yeah I have found this a useful one as well. Find it good on man utd

I like it with Chelsea, because you can use Mikel and Ramires as the two DMF's. Mikel adds the physical strength that Chelsea lack on fifa, and Ramires makes up for Mikel's lack of pace.

Its great with Dortmund as well.

Line up like this

Weidenfeller

Piszczek---Subotić----Hummels---Schmelzer

Bender
    Gündoğan

Błaszczykowski
    Götze

Reus

Lewandowski

And you dont be up against real madrid and barca every game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Its great with Dortmund as well.

Line up like this

Weidenfeller

Piszczek---Subotić----Hummels---Schmelzer

Bender
    Gündoğan

Błaszczykowski
    Götze

Reus

Lewandowski

And you dont be up against real madrid and barca every game

This is nearly the exact same setup I use for Dortmund, except I swap Reus and Gotze as I prefer to have that extra pace on the wing.

They are fantastic to play as, very good movement, and the center midfielders do very well protecting the back 4. Also, the added bonus of rarely playing Barca/Real Madrid/United every game.

Usually the only 5 star side I get matched up with is PSG.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

You come up against Dortmund constantly when you pick 4.5 star teams , there the barca, Madrid of that bracket nothing but 1 team wonders in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I started my online seasons a few nights ago. Current record is 12-1-4.

I didn't know who to pick first so I said I'd try Dortmund. Ended up playing as them for my first 8 matches, winning seven and losing one. They're ridiculously good.

I got sick of them and said I'd try a few different teams. I won with Athletico, Liverpool, Bayern (twice) and Real. I lost with Monchengladbach, who are shocking, Belgium (vs Brazil) and Porto and I drew 2-2 playing as Argentina against Italy.

Dortmund are my preferred team so far but I think I'll try a few more and see how I go. Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

hefferboi wrote: »

I didn't know who to pick first so I said I'd try Dortmund. Ended up playing as them for my first 8 matches, winning seven and losing one. They're ridiculously good.

I got sick of them and said I'd try a few different teams. I won with Athletico, Liverpool, Bayern (twice) and Real. I lost with Monchengladbach, who are shocking, Belgium (vs Brazil) and Porto and I drew 2-2 playing as Argentina against Italy.

Dortmund are my preferred team so far but I think I'll try a few more and see how I go. Any recommendations?

Brazil are my personal favourites. but thats just for fun games and scoring.
    if i actually wanted to win i'd pick Arsenal and play the false 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I was playing some lad last night. He kicked the ball back to the keeper, and scored an OG in the 4th min. I presumed he was going to quit then, but he played on for another 10 game minutes or so, then scored another O.G and quit. Really strange.

What division in seasons do things start to get harder? I'd like to play a good bit of it before I get stuck into FarCry, Hitman, etc over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Division 1 I'd say (or maybe 2). I only suffered two defeats while playing in Divisions 10 - 3 so they should be easy enough to get through. I used Spurs in most of them as I've had to choose Spurs as my team in the Xbox League on here.

Have played 5 games in Division 2 so far and won 4, lost 1. The opponents are better but games are still very winnable.

It depends, people in division 1-2 are similar, but people in 3-4 can be hard. The games I've had in those tend to be scrappy but winnable, in 1-2 it's cleaner but harder. Basically if I'm not on form with finishing I struggle in 1-2, because you''ll always let one goal in at some point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

hefferboi wrote: »

try arsenal
    in my opinion, i think their the most balanced team in the game and you'll feel good after winning a team like real madrid
    very rewarding :P makes the game a hella a fun

• Advertisement

saiint wrote: »
    try arsenal
    in my opinion, i think their the most balanced team in the game and you'll feel good after winning a team like real madrid
    very rewarding :P makes the game a hella a fun

Never played as a Arsenal, but played against them alot...... and to be honest a player i came up against using them seems to be just a one trick pony, using their pace down both wings and then stopping dead and cutting in from the wing to the box and trying to pass it the forward in the box for a tap in.(sometimes it works when i get caught with my left back and right back high up the pitch)

I wouldn't feel to proud using Arsenal tbh. They are a bit like Brazil as in they have pace everywhere and technical ability. Which means attacking is easy, and defending counters is easy. Basically fifa yet again is all about pace and Arsenal can be used to easily exploit it.

I wouldn't feel to proud using Arsenal tbh. They are a bit like Brazil as in they have pace everywhere and technical ability. Which means attacking is easy, and defending counters is easy. Basically fifa yet again is all about pace and Arsenal can be used to easily exploit it.

try playing as liverpool, no pace at all apart from sterling who i dont use cause cause he is only around 72...... I'm a liverpool fan so dont want to play as anyone else, it feels like cheating on my team if i did!!!

try playing as liverpool, no pace at all apart from sterling who i dont use cause cause he is only around 72...... I'm a liverpool fan so dont want to play as anyone else, it feels like cheating on my team if i did!!!

That must be why everyone I play who uses Liverpool go overkill on the skill moves and try and dribble past 4 players constantly. :D

Oh dear God. Needed a win to get my first division 1 title on fifa 13, leading 2-1 in the 90th min. Keeper has the ball, he drop kicks it into the opposition player and it flies into my goal.

Gutted. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Never played as a Arsenal, but played against them alot...... and to be honest a player i came up against using them seems to be just a one trick pony, using their pace down both wings and then stopping dead and cutting in from the wing to the box and trying to pass it the forward in the box for a tap in.(sometimes it works when i get caught with my left back and right back high up the pitch)

That's exactly as Arsenal play though. It's not about being a one trick pony it's about playing to the strengths of the team that you're using.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Beefy78 wrote: »
    That's exactly as Arsenal play though. It's not about being a one trick pony it's about playing to the strengths of the team that you're using.

Arsenal don't use the wings that often in real life.

They hardly ever use walcott who is unbelievable in Fifa.

Pace is too big in fifa, so is L1 and triangle for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

They did last season. A huge chunk of their goals came from Walcott sprinting down the right and cutting back for RvP.

Walcott has only been on the fringes this year because of his contract situation. That isn't an issue in FIFA.

L1 and triangle is not as effective in fifa 13, but if you play using the
    off-side trap and high pressing, you will get caught at the back..... only natural. but if you play with average pressure and dont play the off side trap you wont get caught that much with 1 one 1's,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Tottenham just played me with Gareth Bale in goal, he made 8 saves and got a 9.6 rating and man of the match, he also took all of the corners. Not that I needed proof that the goalkeepers in this game can make wonder saves no matter what stats they have but this just takes the biscuit.

Advertisement