Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've a terrible confession to make - I've been playing as Barcelona over the weekend in Seasons.

I know. I've become one of them. I don't feel bad about it though as other than one game vs Germany I've been matched with Real Madrid every single game so I don't feel I'm getting any real advantage from being them. It just means that I'm not constantly being paired with Rangers or Lens as Southend or with bloody Dortmund if I'm any 4 or 5 star team.

I've been playing Barcelona in an un-Barcelona manner. I play them as if they're a Premier League team. I'm all about two rigid banks of four (not rigid or on counter-attack) with Messi & Villa up top. Playing high tempo, getting the ball forward quickly. I'm quite enjoying it and I've got a chance of a promotion to Division three this season which I've never managed before.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭risteardb

RossieMan wrote: »
    No you said they attack down the wings. :rolleyes:

and no, i play them as CB's.

Last time i check'd LW and RW's played as left wing forward and right wing forward and on the occasional time i've played that formation or against, my memories remember them starting on the wings.... Best of luck on da CB thing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

risteardb wrote: »
    Last time i check'd LW and RW's played as left wing forward and right wing forward and on the occasional time i've played that formation or against, my memories remember them starting on the wings.... Best of luck on da CB thing!!!

haha yea, only in division 3 so i guess it's not going that well :rolleyes:

Have won every division i've played though, should probably play more.

haha yea, only in division 3 so i guess it's not going that well :rolleyes:

Have won every division i've played though, should probably play more.

you'll win division 1 title very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

you'll win division 1 title very soon.

doubtful. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

doubtful. :rolleyes:

you cant be as bad as me:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭R019912

Anyone who is actually really good at the game, are you good at the game due to your own ability, or just because you have perfected custom formations and custom tactics? Always been interested to know what sets apart decent from really good. I'd say I'm decent, as in I've twice more wins than losses after around 200 online games. But really good players have 4 or 5 times more wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

SantryRed wrote: »
    Currently on PS3 and it won't let me play as there is a problem with the online squad check. Anyone know how I fix it?

Still can't get on....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

SantryRed wrote: »
    Still can't get on....

Try deleting the squad file from your PS3.

Did anyone lose they're custom formations when they logged onto an online match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

R019912 wrote: »
    Anyone who is actually really good at the game, are you good at the game due to your own ability, or just because you have perfected custom formations and custom tactics? Always been interested to know what sets apart decent from really good. I'd say I'm decent, as in I've twice more wins than losses after around 200 online games. But really good players have 4 or 5 times more wins.

Well I just use whatever formation is set to the team I am playing as and I dont use custom setpieces, my record is like 60-13-10 so it seems to be working.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,116 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Did anyone lose they're custom formations when they logged onto an online match?

Yes, it's annoying. All my career formations disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,056 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Trying play Cork City for a game today. 15 minutes of trying and no luck. in Div 5 at moment.

Was in Division 3 last year at times. Yo yo between Div 3 and 4.

Everyone wants to be Real or Barca.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Its is fun but trying to pit yourself against the big boys.

Trying play Cork City for a game today. 15 minutes of trying and no luck. in Div 5 at moment.

I play plenty of games at 1 or 1.5 star. You've just got to be mindful of the time. Saturday afternoons it's rarely a problem getting a game. 3am on a Tuesday and you may struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Anyone have any good 3 star teams?

Last year I used Heerenveen, but they sold all their players. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Is anyone having any problems playing online... My players keep slide tackling & making passes I don't even do. Is their a glitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,056 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I play plenty of games at 1 or 1.5 star. You've just got to be mindful of the time. Saturday afternoons it's rarely a problem getting a game. 3am on a Tuesday and you may struggle.

Oh you are right there.

I like playing with 2 star and less teams as find the better players wins these games rather then the Ronaldo and Ibra lovers.

Really wish liverpool will sign a midfielder, Sahin has left a big hole in my midfield, Allen cant seem to fill his boots.

I played a couple of seasons yesterday. I'm completely stuck in Division Four. Never look like getting relegated but also can't seem to get even close to the promotion line. Yesterday afternoon I got 12 points on the board pretty quickly but then completely threw it away in the last few games.

One thing I found odd yesterday was that I was completely unable to defend corners. I'm usually good at it but I was letting in loads yersterday. Scored a few more than normal as well - all completely unchallenged headers inside the six yard box. I don't know if they've tweaked the game engine...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

When ever I pick St. Pats ive no problem getting a game quite quickly, altough given that 3 of my 4 defeats came when playing as pats and ive only used them a few times thats possibly not a good thing.

Played with liverpool last night with coutinho in cam role, his shooting is very poor, but he can dribble past people like there was noboby there....... just thought i'd pass it on!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Why oh why are so many online players faster and jinkier than me? I have looked at guides on movement and making space etc. but online some players (at my low level) are just uncatchable and it usually ends in John Terryesque last minute defending from me or them having a ridiculous amount of time and space to do as they please.

Also, they seem to ALWAYS have a player to pass to, but for me, my players almost seem to hide behind the opposition and not want the ball (slight exaggeration, but it sometimes feel like that)

Am I missing something crucial in my gameplay here? I use sprint when useful, use LT to control the ball, push the stick to run faster, try LB one-twos etc.

But some matches just P!sS me off so much!!! mad.png

Any advice guys, would be very grateful!smile.png

KungPao wrote: »
    Why oh why are so many online players faster and jinkier than me? I have looked at guides on movement and making space etc. but online some players (at my low level) are just uncatchable and it usually ends in John Terryesque last minute defending from me or them having a ridiculous amount of time and space to do as they please.

Also, they seem to ALWAYS have a player to pass to, but for me, my players almost seem to hide behind the opposition and not want the ball (slight exaggeration, but it sometimes feel like that)

Am I missing something crucial in my gameplay here? I use sprint when useful, use LT to control the ball, push the stick to run faster, try LB one-twos etc.

But some matches just P!sS me off so much!!! mad.png

Any advice guys, would be very grateful!smile.png

who do you play as?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

who do you play as?

I don't like to be a predictable Peter or borin Norman and pick Real every time, but as I get frustrated if I pick say Man City...and of course 9 times out 10, my oppostion will be Real or Barca and I get skinned, I do go with Real.

I've tried all sorts of formations and quick tactics, but the oppostion are usually soooooo fast and hard to track their runners. I realise that a lot of online players have been playin FIFA for years and years (I played Pro Evo ever since FIFA went sh!t and had Robbie Williams music on it! But I went back to it since FIFA 09/10. I am well off the pace, and I can't seem to feel it and be fluid like the other players.

I'll keep trying, but I feel like a bit like Ireland at the Euro's at the minute :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

How do defend? like do you switch to player every time in an effort to get the ball off the opponent when he's on the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Use the right analog to switch players when defending.

The auto switching is a joke and will cost you goals especially with people doing constant 1-2's.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

For anyone interested this was the final of this years EA challenge series.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

bonescap wrote: »
    For anyone interested this was the final of this years EA challenge series.

those players are probably very good, but you cant help but thinnk, "I could take 'em"

The thing I liked about it was there were no ultra defensive tactics...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

miralize wrote: »
    those players are probably very good, but you cant help but thinnk, "I could take 'em"

The thing I liked about it was there were no ultra defensive tactics...

I was thinking the same thing. I'd say I could match them in attack but defending would be my problem.

Think for $140,000 I'd go all out defense :P

Advertisement