Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

every second player now passes the ball around after going 1-0 up... infuriating

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

548609_512107425478988_404338887_n.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

So myself and the brother play FIFA all the time, except he is absolutely hammering me at the moment and I've no idea what to do, I'm not far off smashing the TV and PS3, have already smacked the controller off my head and punched the **** out of all teddy bears in the vicinity.

Anyone got any tips on what to do? Basically even when I press 'X' and try and mark his players he seems to have perfected tapping analogue stick to move directions constantly and rounding my players, it's killing me and he just beat me 5-0 with England vs Holland. Help please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Dave147 wrote: »
    So myself and the brother play FIFA all the time, except he is absolutely hammering me at the moment and I've no idea what to do, I'm not far off smashing the TV and PS3, have already smacked the controller off my head and punched the **** out of all teddy bears in the vicinity.

Anyone got any tips on what to do? Basically even when I press 'X' and try and mark his players he seems to have perfected tapping analogue stick to move directions constantly and rounding my players, it's killing me and he just beat me 5-0 with England vs Holland. Help please!!

Maybe you're just rubbish! :D

You need to practice more, do a FIFA marathon some day and play FIFA Seasons games. Playing against the computer doesn't compare to playing an actual person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

RossieMan wrote: »
    Brazil are my personal favourites. but thats just for fun games and scoring.
    if i actually wanted to win i'd pick Arsenal and play the false 9.

What's the 'false 9'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Maybe you're just rubbish! :D

You need to practice more, do a FIFA marathon some day and play FIFA Seasons games. Playing against the computer doesn't compare to playing an actual person.

It's funny, I've always been quite good at FIFA but for some reason he has found a weakness in my style and has exploited it, I'm looking to cover that exploit and maybe exploit his.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Let the cpu player contain him while you either double up with yours or cover the space

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Use LT to stand him up and he wont be able to get past you with the flick as often.

Use RB/R1 to call a second defender to go towards the player with the ball. This will leave you to be able to run in behind and cover the area or to track his players running in behind.

You could also go ultra defensive if all else fails and try to catch him on the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

What's the 'false 9'?

Its a formation, its basically what Spain and Barca play.

Quite good if you're a passer and like to build up to goals properly, and not just use the wings or balls over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Anyone finding it completely unplayable online the last few days? Seems like once again EA didn't bother to provision more servers for the christmas demand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

When you enter the online pass on one account, will you be able to play online on all accounts, or is it just for one account only?

When you enter the online pass on one account, will you be able to play online on all accounts, or is it just for one account only?

it works on every account on that console I believe.

does for PS3 anyways, not sure on Xbox but i presume the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

anyone ever sign Aubameyang from St. Etienne?
    i signed him for Roma & he went to score 58 goals that season for me at Lengendary Level
    has great pace & finishing
    improves alot too
    went up to 87 for me

wadacrack wrote: »
    anyone ever sign Aubameyang from St. Etienne?
    i signed him for Roma & he went to score 58 goals that season for me at Lengendary Level
    has great pace & finishing
    improves alot too
    went up to 87 for me

old news.
    one of the best to sign.
    Finishing gets up to 98, higher than Messi gets to.
    Has massive speed, good at heading, the ultimate Striker.

Got him up to 90 in my Career, started ahead of better rated strikers because he was so good.
    Great UT player to have too.

best thing to ever come out of Gabon. :D

old news.
    one of the best to sign.
    Finishing gets up to 98, higher than Messi gets to.
    Has massive speed, good at heading, the ultimate Striker.

Got him up to 90 in my Career, started ahead of better rated strikers because he was so good.
    Great UT player to have too.

best thing to ever come out of Gabon. :D
    Lamela is also great
    some dribbler

Lamela is also great
    some dribbler

If you like dribblers Insigne from Napoli is the way to go.

only negative is he's very small, but hes basically a better Miccoli or Di Natalie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Is there a way to stop your attacker running for the ball when he is clearly offside? On Xbox.

If you like dribblers Insigne from Napoli is the way to go.

only negative is he's very small, but hes basically a better Miccoli or Di Natalie.
    Yeah I have Insigne in my team. I prefer Lamela he is quality. Deulofeu from Barca B is an effective player can be got very cheap and has great. Jese Rodriguez from RM Castilla is another worth considering if funds are low

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

markc1184 wrote: »
    Is there a way to stop your attacker running for the ball when he is clearly offside? On Xbox.

Yeah, it's some combination of 3 of the 4 shoulder buttons. I just hold them all. If you google FIFA super cancel you'll find it.

Yeah I have Insigne in my team. I prefer Lamela he is quality. Deulofeu from Barca B is an effective player can be got very cheap and has great. Jese Rodriguez from RM Castilla is another worth considering if funds are low

Lamela doesn't improve enough for me really, had him and got rid of him in a 6 month period.
    Jovetic is another who is decent, but not spectacular.

If fifa career didn't freeze so much i wouldn't even like to see the team i'd have.
    in the year 2020 and have Messi, Hazard and Neymar all up front.
    El Shaarawy is wasted in midfield.

Then midfielders are all quite obvious who becomes good, with a few like Adyran worth buying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Currently on PS3 and it won't let me play as there is a problem with the online squad check. Anyone know how I fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

markc1184 wrote: »

Press LT & RT together to cancel an action.

Made it into division 1 tonight, won every division on my first attempt. Sick of playing against Brazil though

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Press LT & RT together to cancel an action.

Made it into division 1 tonight, won every division on my first attempt. Sick of playing against Brazil though

are you using the same team?

that tend's to happen.

It was much harder to get to higher divisions at the start, its quite easy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

This might sound crazy but...

Why is it so hard to play against a online appontant when they're obviously not in control.

Just played a guy there where he didn't start playing well into the game. Up until then I couldn't score against him, his player made tackles. I have away easy fouls. When he did return I have away a peno which he scored. I managed to claw one back and it ended 1-1. But I would have thought I'd get a few goals with him not there.

Son0vagun wrote: »
    This might sound crazy but...

Why is it so hard to play against a online appontant when they're obviously not in control.

Just played a guy there where he didn't start playing well into the game. Up until then I couldn't score against him, his player made tackles. I have away easy fouls. When he did return I have away a peno which he scored. I managed to claw one back and it ended 1-1. But I would have thought I'd get a few goals with him not there.

its all about technique. If you pass by them you'll score many, many goals.

My record is 26 :D

i prefer to play the people, its so boring otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

are you using the same team?

that tend's to happen.

It was much harder to get to higher divisions at the start, its quite easy now.
    Yeah I play as England quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭risteardb

Its a formation, its basically what Spain and Barca play.

Quite good if you're a passer and like to build up to goals properly, and not just use the wings or balls over the top.

Flase 9 formation is exactly that........ Your centre forward drops back into midfield and it's your LW and RW who atack down the wings / or tic tac passing in midfield with a diagonal lobbed ball out to the wingers / or your "Number 9" plays through balls to the over lapping wingers.

risteardb wrote: »
    Flase 9 formation is exactly that........ Your centre forward drops back into midfield and it's your LW and RW who atack down the wings / or tic tac passing in midfield with a diagonal lobbed ball out to the wingers / or your "Number 9" plays through balls to the over lapping wingers.

No it's not, its more a centralised formation where the striker comes to midfield and sets up attacks.

Messi would be a number 9 who plays this way.

the wingers come in field more, and play as stikers basically.

Suits Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭risteardb

No it's not, its more a centralised formation where the striker comes to midfield and sets up attacks.

Messi would be a number 9 who plays this way.

the wingers come in field more, and play as stikers basically.

Suits Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain i think.

This is exactly what i said ....... and i take it you are playing pacy Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain as LW and RW!!!

• Advertisement

risteardb wrote: »
    This is exactly what i said ....... and i take it you are playing pacy Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain as LW and RW!!!

No you said they attack down the wings. :rolleyes:

and no, i play them as CB's.

Advertisement