Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Why does the opposition online always seem to have men over?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭bedstuybosco

Lads, I'm in my 3rd season with Real Madrid and I've won everything conceivable including champions league, league cups, championships etc. However I can't get any other job? Everytime I apply for them I get the standard mail in my inbox that they are looking at other candidates. Is there something I am doing wrong? The same jobs keep coming up and I keep applying but no joy.

I'm using PS3

Any help appreciated?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Came up against this earlier.

FiPqLFY.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

miralize wrote: »
    those players are probably very good, but you cant help but thinnk, "I could take 'em"

The thing I liked about it was there were no ultra defensive tactics...

If you mean Ultra Defensive in terms of their defensive line, well then they were both defensive and on Ultra D. If your talking about custom formations and the like though, then yeah thankfully none of the top players really bother with that.

Back around FIFA 11 and FIFA 12 I use to play quite a bit for money through the Virgin gaming website. Ive played against some of the lads that were in that tournament. They really are top quality. To be on their level you need to be getting a few hours in a day of FIFA which I was at the time.

Ive beaten a few of them and been beaten by a few, but the standard was incredible among the best players. Use to finish matches in a sweat and that was only for 10 dollars to 50 dollars a game.

Cant imagine what its like playing a match that would get you 140 grand!

joe123 wrote: »
    If you mean Ultra Defensive in terms of their defensive line, well then they were both defensive and on Ultra D. If your talking about custom formations and the like though, then yeah thankfully none of the top players really bother with that.

Back around FIFA 11 and FIFA 12 I use to play quite a bit for money through the Virgin gaming website. Ive played against some of the lads that were in that tournament. They really are top quality. To be on their level you need to be getting a few hours in a day of FIFA which I was at the time.

Ive beaten a few of them and been beaten by a few, but the standard was incredible among the best players. Use to finish matches in a sweat and that was only for 10 dollars to 50 dollars a game.

Cant imagine what its like playing a match that would get you 140 grand!

In a somewhat related note, whatever happened to Storybud? He used to play for huge money on VG. Last I heard he couldnt handle the rigours of Tactical Defending

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

miralize wrote: »
    In a somewhat related note, whatever happened to Storybud? He used to play for huge money on VG. Last I heard he couldnt handle the rigours of Tactical Defending

Havent been talking to him in ages. I know Yapa his brother does still be around. Havent seen Storybud in some time though! We used to have some epic battles in FIFA :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Just had two very strange games online on seasons, first one playing as Dortmund V Milan the oposition player imitiatly scores and own goal and then makes a sub and puts Niang in goal he keeps passing it to me, I score two more its 3-0 after 10 minutes and he quits.

I message him to ask what was he doing, and he responds in French F your ma.

Second game is Dortmund V Milan again (different player), he is all over me the whole game has 20 shots on goal to my 3, it finishes 2-2, he quits at full time (presumably to try get awarded the win) and I get awarded the win.

Im playing at division 3, so I shouldnt in theory be comming up against messers like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

Got up to Division 1 there this evening.

14pts to stay there, 23 to win the title. :eek:

Yikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

anyone tried using swansea yet. i find them really good at the moment, mind you its probably because ive only started seasons and in division 5 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I applied to be a data reviewer for FIFA for the Irish national side. They assigned me to review Bohs and Shamrock Rovers. I've less than zero interest in either club.

I might see if they'll give me Limerick instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Id imagine the ratings for the Irish international plays are the same as at thier clubs, so asside from formation and squad choice there isnt much to do.

Im sure there would be plenty of other posters here or on the soccer forum who would be willing to review bohs or rovers if you posted the contact link.

i've just played a game that took nearly an hour to complete, it started off a great game 3 goals in the first 10 mins I scored the first then he went 2-1 up and this is where it gets messy. Despite it being a back and forth game I (unusualy) take my chances and at 40 mins its 6-2 to me. For the rest of the first half he puts the controler down and refuses to play.

In the second half for the first 15 mins he continues not to play, I dont interfere as I want the clock to run down. After my inaction when he assumes I have gone away he tries to play again and goes on the attack, I win the ball off him and make it 7-2.

Then he continually takes as long as possibly to tip off, then pauses it for as long as possible before hoofing it back to the keeper scoring and own goal and repeating the process over and over again.

It finishes up 20-2.

I wish there was a report a cry baby button.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,056 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Id imagine the ratings for the Irish international plays are the same as at thier clubs, so asside from formation and squad choice there isnt much to do.

Im sure there would be plenty of other posters here or on the soccer forum who would be willing to review bohs or rovers if you posted the contact link.

i've just played a game that took nearly an hour to complete, it started off a great game 3 goals in the first 10 mins I scored the first then he went 2-1 up and this is where it gets messy. Despite it being a back and forth game I (unusualy) take my chances and at 40 mins its 6-2 to me. For the rest of the first half he puts the controler down and refuses to play.

In the second half for the first 15 mins he continues not to play, I dont interfere as I want the clock to run down. After my inaction when he assumes I have gone away he tries to play again and goes on the attack, I win the ball off him and make it 7-2.

Then he continually takes as long as possibly to tip off, then pauses it for as long as possible before hoofing it back to the keeper scoring and own goal and repeating the process over and over again.

It finishes up 20-2.

I wish there was a report a cry baby button.

Happened to me the other day. After it being 11-0 I decided to just get my dinner ready. Game was finished half way through which is 25 minutes later. 54-0 it finished.

Lovely !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Guys, I'm using the ZyXEL modem at the moment (Eircom). Always a green bar when playing online but I just find it to be really sluggish/slow to respond when in-game. Tried resetting it but no change. Speed Test below if that's of any use:

2552698631.png

Renn wrote: »
    Guys, I'm using the ZyXEL modem at the moment (Eircom). Always a green bar when playing online but I just find it to be really sluggish/slow to respond when in-game. Tried resetting it but no change. Speed Test below if that's of any use:

2552698631.png

using same modem, same issue. think its the game tho

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2552779822.png

Ughh...so do you even bother playing it anymore? Any solutions?

Renn wrote: »
    Ughh...so do you even bother playing it anymore? Any solutions?

play all the time its rarely an issue playing online. its only sluggish in load up screens or if its raining for some strange reason :rolleyes:

Ah, it's sluggish for me when playing :/

was playing a guy in seasons there he scored first an was causing me a few problems. somehow i was beating him 6-1 to which he sends me a message
    "nice when the game cheats for you isn't it"
    i replied "what ya raving on about" never got bk to me ha. wasn't my fault i was better at counter attack and being in the right place :)

was playing a guy in seasons there he scored first an was causing me a few problems. somehow i was beating him 6-1 to which he sends me a message
    "nice when the game cheats for you isn't it"
    i replied "what ya raving on about" never got bk to me ha. wasn't my fault i was better at counter attack and being in the right place :)

Bad loser it looks like. I mean fair enough if it were 2-1 or 3-1, but you won by 5 goals meaning you had least 6 shots on target.

I do think there is a bit of scripting in the game from time to time, but not 5 goals difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Played one of my friends online the other night and score a cracker. Anyway of retrieving the clip?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

Wish they'd fix their server :(

Wish they'd fix their server :(

They have 1 server!? Thats explains a lot :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Wish they'd fix the server :(

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

If anyone is looking for a good 3.5 star team to play with in Seasons try Anderlecht, very good forward line of Suarez, Mbokani & Cyriac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

If anyone is looking for a good 3.5 star team to play with in Seasons try Anderlecht, very good forward line of Suarez, Mbokani & Cyriac

Best front trio in the game IMO

Love playing them except when you come up against teams like Real, Barcelona, Man City and Lyon to name a few.

I mean EA sort....it.......outtttttt

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Seriously, what is the point in quitting a game when you're losing? I'm only playing online about a month and have taken some heavy beatings (8-0 being the worst) but I have never once quit a game.

I'm fed up of going 2 up and having the other person quit. I get the 3 points but that's not the point.

Melion wrote: »
    Seriously, what is the point in quitting a game when you're losing? I'm only playing online about a month and have taken some heavy beatings (8-0 being the worst) but I have never once quit a game.

I'm fed up of going 2 up and having the other person quit. I get the 3 points but that's not the point.

If im getting beat 4+ goals I just try new skills etc. Then is a time to try out new things imo.

Tbh I always think im in a game even if 4-0 down though. I have only come back twice from that scoreline(winning 1, drawing 1) but you should never give up imo.

At end of day its just a game where you dont ever know other person and its not as if you everybody in whole world will know you got stuffed in game of Fifa.

Its a game to be enjoyed like any game really. People take it too serious imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

If im getting beat 4+ goals I just try new skills etc. Then is a time to try out new things imo.

Tbh I always think im in a game even if 4-0 down though. I have only come back twice from that scoreline(winning 1, drawing 1) but you should never give up imo.

At end of day its just a game where you dont ever know other person and its not as if you everybody in whole world will know you got stuffed in game of Fifa.

Its a game to be enjoyed like any game really. People take it too serious imo.

Exact same as me. If I'm getting hammered then I start messing about with skills and trying different style passes etc. I can't understand quitting a game unless something comes up and you have to turn off the ps3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

any think the standard this year is the worst yet?

division 1 is like playing a bunch of headless chickens at times.

the quitting is far worse this year than last year too.

*talking about online seasons.

Advertisement