Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I've got 16 fit players in my squad after a bit of an injury crisis. Apparently this isn't enough which means I'm going to have to have a ridiculously big squad in future just in case. To be honest I was looking forward to the challenge of an injury crisis but the game doesn't want to co-operate. Bloody stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭NewDirection

I find I'm not too bad at getting in 1 on 1 positions, but the outrushing goalkeeper foils me most of the time. I have gotten into the habit of trying the finesse shot around him, which works some of the time, and I'm not quite quick enough (of thought) to chip him.

Is there a handy skill move that will round the keeper 80-90% of the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

I find I'm not too bad at getting in 1 on 1 positions, but the outrushing goalkeeper foils me most of the time. I have gotten into the habit of trying the finesse shot around him, which works some of the time, and I'm not quite quick enough (of thought) to chip him.

depending on the angle your coming in at you can flick the analogue stick jsut as the keeper is beside you and you can round him..

havent plyed fifa 13 yet but workled for me in 12

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Son0vagun wrote: »
    What's the quickest way of getting off the arena when it freezes as a season match is loading? It's been happening a lot today.

Sign out of psn/xbl, the game will think you dcd and bring you back to the main menu in 4/5 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I have this problem as well. In the last couple of FIFA games a little finesse round the keeper was your best bet so that's what I naturally do in these situations but they don't work anywhere near as well now. Once the chance has gone I always think I should have done a lob but I actually think the best shot in those positions is just to tap the shoot button itself. Don't worry about anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Just run around the keeper with the right stick

This is absolute BS. I updated yesterday, never got the invisible ball bug before, and now after the update, I do??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,088 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

miralize wrote: »
    Just run around the keeper with the right stick

That has seriously been weakened in the new one.

Manual passing seems to be a lot more automatic this season, and not in a good way, they seem to be more samey and defenders react to them better. The fact that defenders seem to let a lot of auto passes just roll by is infuriating to say the least.

I wish the first touch control would have incorporated passing too. It's just made it much harder to run with a ball but far easier in relation to one touch pass all over the shop. The first touch control is also too inconsistent for my liking, players can intercept a ball going slowly and the ball goes flying but a defender can have his back to the ball going quite fast and just take it in his stride.

Another thing seems to be the auto switching. I have it on Air Balls but a lot of the time it doesn't switch until very late resulting in bad positioning and a bad first touch.

They fairly upped the points total needed to win D1 in seasons.

23 points :O... that's one loss and two draws max.
    Pretty sure last year it was 21 points as is the case in UT.

Just went back playing H2H after playing UT since the disc launched.
    I was switching account but had done my UT dealings on my older one so only really played H2H during the pre release.

I've built up a few big unbeaten/winning streaks in H2H so far, compared to UT where after winning D1 3 times in a row I just can't get close to the 21 points my last 5/6 attempts(mix of 3-5-2 90 pace lofted through ball bandits and cheap games reeking off momentum unseen in my H2H games).

I find myself getting more annoyed with myself in H2H saying stuff like ''That was stupid(of me)'' as opposed to things like ''this is ridicules, nothing is working for me while every pass he makes is on a dime'' when playing UT.
    I can't fathom that there's no momentum in UT when I haven't had one game like that in H2H. 80ish games... zero times and plenty of losses and draws. Whereas every second game in UT seems to be a ''controller thrower'' :pac:

Back to H2H tonight and I'm 3-0-0 in first attempt in D1 on an unbeaten run from early Sept of 16 games.
    Getting my 60% possession, able to control it better in crowded areas with the slower speed, crosses are working..... enjoying it far more.
    Think I'll leave UT this year now, no point wasting time going 1-1 when I can win far more with the vanilla teams and speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

A551ceJCIAAVRWN.jpg:large

Small screen is small :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Soby wrote: »
    A551ceJCIAAVRWN.jpg:large

Small screen is small :D

errrmmm, did you leave some text out of your post? Like the point of the post :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Liamalone wrote: »

errrmmm, did you leave some text out of your post? Like the point of the post :pac:

I think it's supposed to be the size of the (big) TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Liamalone wrote: »

Someone is playing FIFA on a cinema screen ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Ya looks like a cinema screen. More details good man

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

lol looked like a normal tv to me. My bad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Tis indeed a cinema screem , we were testing a ps3 out in work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Trying to start the next season in career mode and it keeps freezing the game! I've tried it twice and it's happened both times, anyone know a fix for this?

Gota love Custom Tactics *puke*

jXWA6pBFkHRMA.jpg

miralize wrote: »
    Gota love Custom Tactics *puke*

jXWA6pBFkHRMA.jpg

I played a lad like that a few weeks back.

I took a picture on my phone but would have to upload via FB which is too much hassle.

He had a Xmas tree in-front of his keeper. 3-2-1 and then 4 in nearly the same order as that lad up top.
    Kind of a diamond.

It was so hard to break him down as his box was packed, so getting through or even getting a long shot was too hard... crossings pretty much a waste of time this year as well especially if it's a game where you NEED a goal.

I took serious pleasure in making him watch my replays and I'm pretty sure I time wasted near the end(I couldn't care less when people are being annoying off the bat)....ridic that someone without a midfield can remain competitive.

They need to start sorting this basic stuff out(lofted through ball spammers, packing defence, goal kicks, long free kicks) people have been doing that since maybe 10?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Ban custom tactics.....and celebrations while they're at it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ShaneU wrote: »
    Trying to start the next season in career mode and it keeps freezing the game! I've tried it twice and it's happened both times, anyone know a fix for this?
    5 times I've tried this now and it happens every time, what a ****ing joke career mode is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

ShaneU wrote: »
    5 times I've tried this now and it happens every time, what a ****ing joke career mode is.

Yep, same here. Haven't been able to progress my career mode since 3rd October. It froze at beginning of second season and since then every new career save has frozen in November 2012.

Ultimate Team is a crock of sh*t this year too and I'm not a big fan of Be A Pro so all that leaves is H2H which isn't much better than UT.

I've given up on Fifa for the time being and unless they release a proper patch it'll be the last Fifa I buy for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Das89

Anyone Interested in FIFA league or tournament for PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Yep, same here. Haven't been able to progress my career mode since 3rd October. It froze at beginning of second season and since then every new career save has frozen in November 2012.

Ultimate Team is a crock of sh*t this year too and I'm not a big fan of Be A Pro so all that leaves is H2H which isn't much better than UT.

I've given up on Fifa for the time being and unless they release a proper patch it'll be the last Fifa I buy for a while

Currently in the year 2023, and the freezes have started :(

its only when I try to buy anyone. Quite annoying when i've got this far to not being able to play anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

RossieMan wrote: »
    Currently in the year 2023, and the freezes have started :(

its only when I try to buy anyone. Quite annoying when i've got this far to not being able to play anymore.

I got on to EA customer support and spoke to three different guys, none of whom, could offer a fix. They told me they'll send the case onto their 'experts' and I'd hear from them within a fortnight. It'll be a month ago tomorrow and surprise, suprise, I still haven't heard back from them despite sending two emails since. Fcuking joke of a company

• Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Ultimate Team is crashing my XBOX since the day before yesterday. This is absolute bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Ban custom tactics.....and celebrations while they're at it

This was cool for a few weeks as a gimmick in FIFA 09, but they need to acknowledge that it adds nothing to the game and actually is detrimental to the enjoyment of the game at this stage.

No need for it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    This was cool for a few weeks as a gimmick in FIFA 09, but they need to acknowledge that it adds nothing to the game and actually is detrimental to the enjoyment of the game at this stage.

No need for it at all.

Agreed Id much rather watch players do their trade mark celebration. Maybe 70-80% of the time and then a random celebration (nothing like back flips) the other 20-30% of the time. Does that make sense? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Agreed Id much rather watch players do their trade mark celebration. Maybe 70-80% of the time and then a random celebration (nothing like back flips) the other 20-30% of the time. Does that make sense? :)

Brilliant, nothing worse than when some eejit does a back flip with John Terry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    I got on to EA customer support and spoke to three different guys, none of whom, could offer a fix. They told me they'll send the case onto their 'experts' and I'd hear from them within a fortnight. It'll be a month ago tomorrow and surprise, suprise, I still haven't heard back from them despite sending two emails since. Fcuking joke of a company

You'd think after a couple of months and update might have fixed the problem?

its highly annoying when you havn't saved it in a while, loses everything.

Online isn't much better, L1 and triangle is just far too effective, and people spam it.
    Fifa needs big changes next year, or a lot of people will be buying Proevo, including myself.

Advertisement