Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Prompted for an update when I loaded there now, any info on what bugs it's installing?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭risteardb

Jez I don't know about that.

Far too profitable to be a 3-5-2 L1+ triangle bandit.

you must be be playing ultra aggressive and also with a very high definsive line and trying to play off side...... obviously if you play these tactics you will get caught out at the back from time to time!!!

I think the Real Madrid, L1 + triangle bandit lobbing the ball to ronaldo has been diminished out of fifa 13 if you are playing with standard aggression!!!

What team are you playing with?

risteardb wrote: »
    you must be be playing ultra aggressive and also with a very high definsive line and trying to play off side...... obviously if you play these tactics you will get caught out at the back from time to time!!!

I think the Real Madrid, L1 + triangle bandit lobbing the ball to ronaldo has been diminished out of fifa 13 if you are playing with standard aggression!!!

What team are you playing with?

Nope I don't use 100/100 defensive settings, never have and never will. I did go though phases of using very low numbers if anything.
    And tbh I don't think they're all that important, the only differences I've seen are by editing a formation and messing with the work rates.

Also I specifically said I was talking about playing Ultimate Team, in that mode playing 3-5-2 and using nothing but lofted through balls is an effective tactic.
    And that's coming from someone who's on an unbeaten/winning streak of 20+ with normal H2H teams, it's just not possible in UT this year though.

One the subject of Real, I don't find them that impossible to play against in H2H, I just hate the sheer repetition of having to play the same team over and over if I play 5* teams.
    So much so, I usually just stick to 4.5 and under.... which is a shame as it would be nice to play some Inter vs United etc.... not worth the long hassle of the game loading to quit out when you see Madrid... but thats for another topic as my point above was in relation to UT.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

One the subject of Real, I don't find them that impossible to play against in H2H, I just hate the sheer repetition of having to play the same team over and over if I play 5* teams.

Ten seasons in, probably 50% of games at 5* level and I've still not played Madrid at all. Only had Barca once as well. It's pretty much always Chelsea, PSG or Dortmund for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Ten seasons in, probably 50% of games at 5* level and I've still not played Madrid at all. Only had Barca once as well. It's pretty much always Chelsea, PSG or Dortmund for me.

I think they've sorted match fixing to an extent this year. I think if you pick Madrid or Barca this year, you are more likely to come against one of the two, and if you don't pick either of the two you'll rarely come up against them.

• Advertisement

Beefy78 wrote: »

Maybe they altered it since launch.
    The bulk of my H2H games were during the pre-release, then I switched to UT since I got the disc.
    Played another 20 odd games since launch, but after the pre-release I just stuck to 4.5 and below.
    They did say that lower 5* teams would avoid higher ones, but it certainly wasn't working in the Early Release(also the whole ''restrictive team level'' function wasn't and I was regularly matched up a star level).
    Maybe it's working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I won my 2nd league title by hammering a Madrid noob 7-1 a while ago. But to be fair to him, he did take his beating like a man and messaged me "well played" after the game :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,126 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

jamescd wrote: »
    I won my 2nd league title by hammering a Madrid noob 7-1 a while ago. But to be fair to him, he did take his beating like a man and messaged me "well played" after the game :p

A person taking a loss with good grace on FIFA? No way...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

J. Marston wrote: »
    A person taking a loss with good grace on FIFA? No way...

I know, I was like

shockedbaby1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Why do people pay €60 for Fifa every year, just to score 1 goal per match and then pass around the back 4 for the rest of it? Waste of fûcking money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,126 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

miralize wrote: »
    Why do people pay €60 for Fifa every year, just to score 1 goal per match and then pass around the back 4 for the rest of it? Waste of fûcking money

You'd wonder what enjoyment they get out of it. I was playing a match earlier where I needed to 3 points to win division 1 in UT. I scored in the second minute and the guy I was playing battered me for the rest of the match but couldn't score. Around the 80th minute I decided to go all out defence and just keep the ball and try to get the win. I kept the ball for remaining time but it was up around his box, that's fine in my opinion.

But gimps who, as soon as they score, go all out defence and tip it around the back are pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

J. Marston wrote: »
    You'd wonder what enjoyment they get out of it. I was playing a match earlier where I needed to 3 points to win division 1 in UT. I scored in the second minute and the guy I was playing battered me for the rest of the match but couldn't score. Around the 80th minute I decided to go all out defence and just keep the ball and try to get the win. I kept the ball for remaining time but it was up around his box, that's fine in my opinion.

But gimps who, as soon as they score, go all out defence and tip it around the back are pathetic.

its the same thing, keeping the ball is pure ****e.

The objective isn't to pass the ball to death.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

RossieMan wrote: »
    its the same thing, keeping the ball is pure ****e.

The objective isn't to pass the ball to death.

Tell that to Barcelona...;) :p:p :)

Wilberto wrote: »
    Tell that to Barcelona...;) :p:p :)

they try to score, eventually.

The guy above was passing with no intention of scoring.
    i don't see why people bother playing online like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

RossieMan wrote: »
    they try to score, eventually.

The guy above was passing with no intention of scoring.
    i don't see why people bother playing online like that.

last few minutes, like to win, want to hold the lead. Perfectly reasonable and just as frustrating as teams that do it IRL

TheGunns wrote: »
    last few minutes, like to win, want to hold the lead. Perfectly reasonable and just as frustrating as teams that do it IRL

if you want to play like that go ahead, I personally get no enjoyment out of doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

TheGunns wrote: »

from the 60th minute too? FO

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

This is the worst fifa for a number of years. Poor servers being the main issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Swarlez wrote: »
    This is the worst fifa for a number of years. Poor servers being the main issue

Let me guess. PSN?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

Batesy wrote: »
    Let me guess. PSN?

Indeed. Just can't get full games played. Really frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Why am I only allowed in the EA Shield? I won it before and I'm in division 2 anyway, not been lower than 4, and most of the time in division 3. I won it again tonight, it's too easy, I want to play good people and win a better cup!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

miralize wrote: »
    from the 60th minute too? FO

your man said he did it in 80+ mins which is grand, personally Id only do it 85+ min and even then if they leave themselves open (which they inevitebly do) ill finish it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Said I'd pop online for a few games seeing as I haven't really played for 4 weeks or so.

Game one, the guy quits.
    Game two, I score after 4 mins, the guy quits so he doesn't get a loss and the match is void.
    Game three, finish it.
    Game four, the guy quits.
    Game five, the guy quits.

Ah yes, now I remember why I stopped playing online. Soon as you go 2 or 3 up, they are gone. Didn't watch replays, didn't celebrate any of the goals.

Horrible, horrible online community.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I don't mind people quitting for some reason - possibly relieved that there's no chance of comeback :D

Had two matches in Seasons today and both quit. One at HT just as I went 1-0 up from absolute chaos in box. Other right on 90 mins despite me being 2-0 up for most of the game.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Said I'd pop online for a few games seeing as I haven't really played for 4 weeks or so.

Game one, the guy quits.
    Game two, I score after 4 mins, the guy quits so he doesn't get a loss and the match is void.
    Game three, finish it.

Ah yes, now I remember why I stopped playing online. Soon as you go 2 or 3 up, they are gone. Didn't watch replays, didn't celebrate any of the goals.

I had the same experience last night, won a cup without finishing a game - all quit. Played two seasons games then, both quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭risteardb

Rooney10 wrote: »

Game one, the guy quits.
    Game three, finish it.

If you are playing a final of a cup playing as a liverpool and then you come up against a five star team, I WILL QUIT, it's not fair to be hit with a five star team.... and ive set team level to restrictive

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

I think I met the FIFA 13 fairy the other night. Played an UT game. Connected to my opponent look at his team as the game's loading, I notice he has Eto'o in goals, wtf?

Game kicks off he lobs the ball back to Eto'o scores an o.g. and quits out. I get a 1-0 win and the points coins etc.

A true Hero for these dark, dark FIFA days....

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

I'm in some crazy good form at the moment. Not sure why. Think it's because I went form the 42121 (basically a narrow 433) to a 451, and then got used to the 451. It's a lot easier to defend when your midfield doesn't get sliced apart. Something like 25 cup and league games played with 1 loss, that was down to a dodgy pen and an undefendable header.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Which 4-5-1 is this. The christmas tree one. Like this:

___0___0__0___0
    ____0___0___0__
    ______0____0___
    _________0______

• Advertisement

I'm in some crazy good form at the moment. Not sure why. Think it's because I went form the 42121 (basically a narrow 433) to a 451, and then got used to the 451. It's a lot easier to defend when your midfield doesn't get sliced apart. Something like 25 cup and league games played with 1 loss, that was down to a dodgy pen and an undefendable header.

you sound like massive fun to play against.

Advertisement