Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

TheGunns wrote: »
    Brilliant, nothing worse than when some eejit does a back flip with John Terry

Or Paul Scholes breakdancing. Like... Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,126 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    This was cool for a few weeks as a gimmick in FIFA 09, but they need to acknowledge that it adds nothing to the game and actually is detrimental to the enjoyment of the game at this stage.

No need for it at all.

Take them out of online play. Leave them on in kick off matches and career mode. They're fine for a bit of messing if you're playing a friend as long you don't completely take the piss.

And in career mode, I want to ''shhh'' the crowd when I'm playing away to my rivals :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Ultimate Team is a crock of sh*t this year too

I was thinking of starting one now. Would you advise against it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I was thinking of starting one now. Would you advise against it?

at this stage, yes.

everyone has incredible teams, its boring to play with my ****ty teams, still division 1 but its just not the same.

Career mode is the only highlight fifa has this year, everything else is s**t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

RossieMan wrote: »
    at this stage, yes.

everyone has incredible teams, its boring to play with my ****ty teams, still division 1 but its just not the same.

Not really a fan of career mode and UT was good to start with, although Im taking a break and just trading. Unless I manage to start making money or get good packs in UT, I think I'll leave Fifa for Sleeping Dogs completely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Clubs is good this year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Clubs is the only mode I like play, everything else is **** including the boring career mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

If anyone fancies joining a pro club then get at me, slots available :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

btw is there not a ps3 league with boards or is it just Xbox?

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Clubs is good this year.

what? its pure ****.
    its just ****ty goalies who let everything in.

its better than last year, but has an awful long way to go.

Career mode was good, until it broke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

All these complaints are the results of a yearly dev cycle. They should skip Fifa 14 & focus on getting Fifa 15 to a standard that should be acceptable for release. Although I doubt that would happen with the danger of Pro Evo getting the players for 2013-2014

what? its pure ****.
    its just ****ty goalies who let everything in.

its better than last year, but has an awful long way to go.

Career mode was good, until it broke.

It isn't "pure ****". Such hyperbole doesn't do your point any favours. Clubs is good this year. It still has problems and like all modes it likely will always have problems but the mode itself is fine.

miralize wrote: »
    All these complaints are the results of a yearly dev cycle. They should skip Fifa 14 & focus on getting Fifa 15 to a standard that should be acceptable for release. Although I doubt that would happen with the danger of Pro Evo getting the players for 2013-2014

They'll keep releasing these games yearly for as long as people choose to buy them yearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

I think clubs is good this year, its better than last years anyway by a mile. Last year there was no divisions people just ranked by points. So its good that they put the UT/H2H element to it

I, like everyone on here, gets pissed off with UT but you have to say its mad addictive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 alaskas_friend

I love Fifa 13. Because of the skill games, I actually learned how to dribble properly, (never really got the 'feel' for it before, wasn't bothered to mess around with it in important multiplayer games) and now it makes the online games a lot easier for me, plus more enjoyable because I'm winning a good few, and making some people look like idiots. Great idea to improve the standard of gameplay.

As for the L1+Triangle/Y thing, it's effective, but I've discovered it's not really too difficult to protect yourself against. If you put yourself in the mind of the attacker when defending, you can always tell when they're going to fire the ball through, and have time to get your defenders to push back to give them less space to work with. It helps to have a defender with decent pace (if you play FUT), alongside a bulky centre back with good defence stats.

This good feedback comes from someone with a very neutral ratio in the game, 46W-15D-46L on my Ultimate Team. I'm playing in the 1st Division so I'm quite happy to be able to hold my own in the top level.

This good feedback comes from someone with a very neutral ratio in the game, 46W-15D-46L on my Ultimate Team. I'm playing in the 1st Division so I'm quite happy to be able to hold my own in the top level.

not great stats to be honest, division 1 standard isn't exactly very high:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

not great stats to be honest, division 1 standard isn't exactly very high:rolleyes:

Did he say his stats were great?

I'm pretty sure you missed the point, I said my stats were very neutral (same # of wins/loses) to support my opinion that even if you win close to 50% (excluding draws) of your games, it's still a great game to play. The reason I pointed this out is because of course you're going to love a game if you're really good at it, whereas when you are at statistically almost a perfect average, it represents the majority of players who will buy this game.

So it comes to mind that maybe, because of the skill games - because of the increase in player competence, we find the good players of Fifa 12 struggling more against average players that have bettered themselves (skill games etc), maybe blaming the game a bit for the shock that there is now better competition online in general (but I do understand why people don't like this and that).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

My stats are about the same in seasons. Thinks its 108 wins and 103 loses. 30 odd draws

I'm pretty sure you missed the point, I said my stats were very neutral (same # of wins/loses) to support my opinion that even if you win close to 50% (excluding draws) of your games, it's still a great game to play. The reason I pointed this out is because of course you're going to love a game if you're really good at it, whereas when you are at statistically almost a perfect average, it represents the majority of players who will buy this game.

Jez I don't know about that.

My win ratio was in or around 4:1 and I gave up on it due to the pure cheapness of UT this year.
    Far too profitable to be a 3-5-2 L1+ triangle bandit.

You say you can just forsee it.
    The only way this might even be plausable would be if I was to just completely give up hope of winning the ball in attack/midfield, switch to a CB and just break my defensive line and run him back towards my goal so he could attack the ball.

My win rate in Seaons is around 50-18-20ish and I was/am enjoying that far more as all the elements to make a bandit team aren't possible.

• Advertisement

Surprised you have such a good win ratio but can't stop those balls, assuming you had good two CB's. If you have such a good win ratio though, it can't be happening too often? Surely with a 4:1 ratio you'd be beating most of the guys doing this anyway.

Surprised you have such a good win ratio but can't stop those balls, assuming you had good two CB's. If you have such a good win ratio though, it can't be happening too often? Surely with a 4:1 ratio you'd be beating most of the guys doing this anyway.

You can't stop them cause they're too accurate, the skill aspect of defending takes a back seat and it turns into a sprint.
    As I said, maybe I could if I gave up trying to win the ball anywhere but defence and run my CB back behind the line but there's just too many factors benefiting the attacking team(defenders make more mistakes from these balls too)

I'm only talking about UT here though.
    Sorry I didn't realise this was the 13 thread.
    In normal FIFA yes, I don't have as many problems.
    But there's not much you can do in UT bar ''if ya can't beat them, join them'' and I really couldn't be bothered lowering myself to playing 3-5-2 and giving up my high possession game to play kick and chase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I played more than 1,000 games on UT last year, this year I've played only around 100 but I'm already bored of it. Kept coming up against pace abuse brazilian teams last time I played.

Have something like 80 wins and 14 losses in normal Seasons, can't remember my UT record but it should be about the same. I still beat them most of the time, but it becomes boring playing against the same crap every game. If it wasn't for me being in the FIFA 13 League here, I'd have traded this game in for Blops 2 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,126 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

miralize wrote: »

That would be great, but it'll never happen. Can you imagine how much money they'd lose out on if they skipped a year of FIFA? Millions upon millions.

They're not going to leave that go just to make a better game.

jamescd wrote: »
    I played more than 1,000 games on UT last year, this year I've played only around 100 but I'm already bored of it. Kept coming up against pace abuse brazilian teams last time I played.

Have something like 80 wins and 14 losses in normal Seasons, can't remember my UT record but it should be about the same. I still beat them most of the time, but it becomes boring playing against the same crap every game. If it wasn't for me being in the FIFA 13 League here, I'd have traded this game in for Blops 2 :pac:

Same as that, I had nearly 1000 games and I only played it from March :eek:
    One big change from last year is the full backs.
    In 2012 to help my possession game I'd play defensive(people complain, but I never played Ultra plus I'd dominate possession in their half so it negates the fact. It was used to keep the full backs in line with the CB's) but they just seem to push up either way now based on their work rates.

Couple that with the first touch and its just far too hard to play it around a packed box filled with 3 CB's, crosses have been downgraded so you're left with few options to score.

Just after finishing a few games of the vanilla mode against a friend, he's a fairly good player and a serial lofted through ball bandit(picks Madrid mostly and will do it from tip off) but with the slower mechanics he just can't beat me, beat him in 3 and one draw.
    Mind you, I never won by more than a goal but if it was UT he'd have won a few and scored 3+ regularly with his style of play

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I'm the same as Gilberto, have a 21-2-2 record on UT but I gave up on it in the first two weeks. Every second player was constantly using lobbed through balls to pacy strikers and every game felt the same. It's no fun when you can tell what's going to happen after every kick off.

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    I'm the same as Gilberto, have a 21-2-2 record on UT but I gave up on it in the first two weeks. Every second player was constantly using lobbed through balls to pacy strikers and every game felt the same. It's no fun when you can tell what's going to happen after every kick off.

Will hopefully make some money for my troubles though.
    I've 130,000 and three solid teams, with a bit of trading I'll try get to near a million and sell to some sucker around xmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Will hopefully make some money for my troubles though.
    I've 130,000 and three solid teams, with a bit of trading I'll try get to near a million and sell to some sucker around xmas :D

I was thinking the same thing, I still do some trading on the web app and am steadily building towards a million. We'll get our money back for the game anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

How do you change teams/players for skill games?

I can only seem to use Barca players?

edit: I'm blind as ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Does anyone else draw loads more on this than on fifa 12?

Advertisement