Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2013!!!

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Congrats petal and Nicky, delighted for ye both. Baby lorcain arrived on the 19th at 6.28 pm after an emergency section (no labour) weighing 5lbs3. He was in the nicu until the wed afternoon when they transferred him down to the ward with me and I'm delighted to say we were both allowed home on the Thursday evening. :D
    Hope everyone else is doing great and we see the rest of the beans arriving soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

That's fantastic new Thumby. Really glad you and your little man are getting on well.

Hope all the other January bumps / babies are doing well.

Tigerton wrote: »
    That's fantastic new Thumby. Really glad you and your little man are getting on well.

Hope all the other January bumps / babies are doing well.

Thanks tig, yeah things are flying now that we're home, he wouldn't really take to the breast in the hospital but is pratically stuck to it now lol. PHN is due out tomorrow so we'll she what she has to say but i think she'll be happy with him, he only lost 70grammes before leaving the hospital which was brillant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Thumby wrote: »
    Congrats petal and Nicky, delighted for ye both. Baby lorcain arrived on the 19th at 6.28 pm after an emergency section (no labour) weighing 5lbs3. He was in the nicu until the wed afternoon when they transferred him down to the ward with me and I'm delighted to say we were both allowed home on the Thursday evening. :D
    Hope everyone else is doing great and we see the rest of the beans arriving soon.

Aww Thumby delighted to hear you're doing so well & both of you are home :) how are you feeling after the section? Fine weight for 6 weeks early!

Tigeress wrote: »

Aww Thumby delighted to hear you're doing so well & both of you are home :) how are you feeling after the section? Fine weight for 6 weeks early!

Thanks hun. Phn was out today and was delighted with him. He's already put on 20grams since we came home, not a lot really if he had of been full term but considering how early he was its a lot according to her. So I'm happy out with that. Hes still beyond tiny though. Ill stick a pic of the squidgy allah up. :DI'm not too bad after the section back to doin all the housework including hooverin etc and feeling great. I did however bust open a couple of my stitches lifting k on the Friday and they are becoming a bit bothersome shall we say, but other than that ya wouldn't even know I'd had a section at all. Wasn't like that for my time in the hospital or the first few days after I got home but I was right as rain by Monday morning.
    How are you getting on now?

• Advertisement

That's brilliant that he's doing so well :) great to hear how we'll you're getting on too! The recovery only gets easier from here although you should get those stitches checked! I got staples and if I ever have another ill be insisting on them instead of stitches :) we're all doing great here apart from no sleep lol! One sleeps all night and is awake and go go all day while the baby sleeps all day and stays awake all night! It's surprising on how you can survive on so little sleep :o

Really great to hear ye are doing well ladies. Thumby, he'll be flying in no time!

I feel almost normal now a month after my section - I say almost cos I ran for a bus yesterday and had awful pains in my scar after. Apart from that its just the tiredness that's bothering us too! She takes ages to settle at night though and we mostly don't get to sleep till after one, but after that she settles fairly easy after feeds.
    My little lady is piling on the weight though, delighted to see how chubby her little thighs are getting!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meshel

Little boy arrived at 1.44am this morning after I was induced. Went from 1cm dilated to having him in 2hrs 44mins so was super quick. Weighed in at 9lb 2oz so a fine little fella.

Meshel wrote: »
    Little boy arrived at 1.44am this morning after I was induced. Went from 1cm dilated to having him in 2hrs 44mins so was super quick. Weighed in at 9lb 2oz so a fine little fella.

Congrats :D big boy! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness together x

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Nicky30

Baby Alice arrived by natural birth, gas and air, no time for other pain relief methods because i was 6-7cm dilated without me knowing!! I was walking up and down the ward doing deep breathing exercises.

Straight up and out comes baby.

Ended up having a retained placenta with major blood loss and was very ill.

But thankfully, baby Alice is 7lbs 9oz and we're home safe and sound after all that :)

• Advertisement

Congrats Nicky30 :) sounds like ya had a rough time :( glad to hear you're doing well! Welcome to the world baby Alice x

Well I'm vacating the Jan thread :) hope to see everyone in the Newborn & Toddler Thread! Best of luck everyone xx

Big congrats Nicky!

Advertisement