Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2013!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I went to my breast feeding class today and I found it really useful. I'm sure ill have forgotten it all in 9 weeks but it was still v enjoyable and informative.

As regards packing your hospital bag, are you all burning stuff that you can just bin after? I was planning on just getting cheap dark towels in penny's or somewhere do I could bin them after. I also got a cheapie nightdress in penny's for labouring. Is that ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Yes got a cheap penny's night for labouring. Pjs are good for after. I got dark towels from penny's but someone just said wash them at 60 and are perfect to keep.

Have brought cheap knickers so if any accidents can just be binned.

Nicky987 wrote: »
    Yes got a cheap penny's night for labouring. Pjs are good for after. I got dark towels from penny's but someone just said wash them at 60 and are perfect to keep.

Have brought cheap knickers so if any accidents can just be binned.

Thanks nicky, I'm not sure I could use the towels again.... I think I'd be forever reminded of the coombe! I seen hearings had two black bath towels for €10 so might go see them at weekend. I can't believe I'm thinking about getting my bags together!!! Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Nicky30

@Nicky987, i'm in Limerick. I did find the breast feeding class useful, some of it i knew from the Antenatal class.

The midwife advised multimum compress pads ;)

Also said to just bring a nappy for baby to labour ward, no baby grow etc so i can put the little madam under my v neck top with her head stcking out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

I just got the cheap penny's nighties and some cheap PJ's in Heatons! I plan on living in them for the next few weeks though! I kept the black towels from my 1st baby with all my maternity clothes so I didn't have to buy them again this time :) worked out well!
    With the breast pads I thought the johnsons ones were the best! No point buying the cheap ones ladies as you use so many that they're not worth it! I stocked up on Multimalm nipple cream and compresses aswel as I got cracked and sore last time and found them brill! It's what they'll give you in the maternity ward if you need them :) I've packed 3 vests and 3 baby grows, 3 PJ's, 1 towel, toiletries, 4 pants and socks that are disposable, 1 pack of nappies, wipes, cotton wool, baby towel & hat & mittens.. Breast pads & maternity pads. It all fit into a small suitcase :) if you need anything else your OH can bring it in for you!
    Also snacks are good to pack! I put red bull & breakfast biscuits into my bag for my OH and a clean T-Shirt too!

• Advertisement

Baby Evan born at 9:20am weighing 8lb 8oz! He's just perfect :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Tigeress wrote: »
    Baby Evan born at 9:20am weighing 8lb 8oz! He's just perfect :)
    Congrats :)
    6 minutes older then my boy :)

Congratulations Tigeress!!!!!

Wow, there was no hanging about with that section this morning. Delighted it's over for you now. Hope you're doing ok.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Congrats :)
    6 minutes older then my boy :)

Oh congratulations to you too Moonbeam!!!
    How did I miss that?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meshel

Ohhh congrats tigress and moonbeam on your little men!!
    Just off to hosp now to see physio after waiting forever on an app. Hopefully they can do something to sort pain out.

• Advertisement

Congratulations moonbeam. Hope your enjoying meeting your baba at last.

Congratulations tigeress, nice and early which was good- no waiting around for you. Hope everything went ok?

Great to have them early... Get a whole full day with them and hoping your OH have the day with you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meshel

So seen physio who said I definitely have spd. She gave me a belt and crutches to use and I've been signed off work as well. She said I could ask consultant to prescribe solpadine for pain but don't think I'd risk it as I'm fairly sure it has codeine in it which they say to really avoid in last couple of weeks.
    Got my bag packed last week but just from the comments remembered I've no breast pads in, oops. Don't plan to breast feed but last week or so I've given the idea more thought so at this stage I'm going with the lets wait and see what happens mantra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Congrats moonbeam and tigress :-D delighted for both of ye. Hope ye are resting up and lookin after yourselves.
    I finally got home last night. Spent the day sobbing yesterday and then threw a massive hissy fit until i seen someone other than a junior/trainee doc which are the ones that kept telling i was going home then wasn't. Seen reg and she was more than happy to let me home.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Congrats to the new mammies and their January babies! I'm delighted for you both

I'm FINALLY getting let out tomorrow after my c-section on Sunday (and if they don't let me go home I'm going anyway). I caught a skin infection near my scar which has kept me locked up in here.

Can't wait to hear about more January babies!!!

Hope u get free tomo tigerton. Sorry to hear u caught a infection but hopefilly the antibiotics have done the trick. Bet you cabt wait to get in the comfort of your own home.

So im back for a check up at hosp on mon... 37+1 then. what should i be asking? Is the head ebgaged? When do u talk about being induced if nothing happens??

Aww tigerton you poor thing congrats though. I'd say the first thing you'll be going for is the kettle :-) how are ya feeling now?

Nicky you can ask whatever you have questions about now, however don't be too disappointed if they are very vague on the induction thing, at this stage the majority of them will brush the idea of an induction off unless you have a medical reason for one. Otherwise they will probably tell you to just wait and see how things go. Speaking of labour i asked my midwife on the ward when can i start raspberry leaf tea. She warned me under pain of death not to touch it yet as it can be very effective in inducing labour for alot of women so if i was you i'd get drinking it now.

Pretty quiet on here lately.. How is everyone doing?

I had hosp apt today.. All ok back at 39 weeks!

I'm lurkin more than anything else lately nicky lol. I'm just way to exhausted to do much else at the min. Each time i get a kidney infection it takes that bit more out of me and i'm not getting enough recovery time between them but other than that i'm good. 33 weeks yesterday :-D and i finally got my hands on the physio too. Two support belts and i'm on crutches for the duration too, not that i've actually left the house since i got home from the hospital lmao.

Ah Thumby, I feel for you. You really aren't getting much relief at all. Must be miserable. Will they induce you maybe a week of two early do you think? Just try and keep that chin up x

• Advertisement

I'm hoping they will anyway nicky. One doc i seen said it shouldn't be a problem once i hit 37 weeks if i haven't already gone myself. It just needs to be cleared with my head consultant. Babs is measuring pretty big too.they done a big scan to make sure he was ok with me being so sick again and he was weighing in at 4lbs6 at 32 weeks exactly. So long as he's ok thats all that matters. I'm tempted to start a betting pool at this stage on when i'll have babs lol.

Had appointment myself today, back in two weeks at 39 weeks too (nicky987) :D

The Doc seemed keen for me to think about having an Epidural :eek:

I'm sticking to the Gas and Air and the home birthing room ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SaucySue

Thumby hope thats the end of infections for you, you're having awful time of it but hopefully you have less than four weeks left and will all be worth it.

Nicky whats the home birth room? I got tens machine and hoping to manage with that and gas and air but will def take epidural if need it. Tried out tens machine on my arm the other day and its weird, had it on the lowest setting and it was contracting my hand into a claw with every pulse, not painful at all or anything just strange.

I'm 40 weeks today by the latest of my dates (or 40+4 or 41 depending)and nothing stirring. She cant even stay down she keeps dropping and then popping back up again,only sleeping maybe 3 hrs night on good night so will be shattered by time anything happens! Had few pains here and rhere but never lasting more than hr, think might have have had mucous plug (TMI) but no blood just thick and clear.

Will hopefully do big clean up tomorrow around house and see if starts anything.

Hope everyone else is good and maybe we'll have some more new arrivals before the weekend!

Hi Sauceysue, the home birthing room is a room with very little equipment in it.

They wouldn't do a C section in there and you can't have an Epidural in there.

It's used for women who want to go all natural ;)

(i keep thinking of the hippy lady in one born every minute on Ch4 last week lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Nicky30 wrote: »

(i keep thinking of the hippy lady in one born every minute on Ch4 last week lol)

Just make sure your birthing partner knows where the call button is :D:D:D

kitten_k wrote: »

Just make sure your birthing partner knows where the call button is :D:D:D
    Lol kitty.
    Saucy I hope ya go soon for your own sanity lol. Get that tea into you and start bouncing on the ball. I've an app tomorrow so we'll see if my last infection has cleared up. Mine are all asymptomatic until they are bad enough to need hospitalisation and even then its just a different more horrendous pain than my spd. I'd say another two to three weeks and I'll be gone myself. Four at the very outside. I'm keeping 37 weeks in my head as a goal date. Anything after that and I'll just have to take it one day (and bucket loads of chocolate and raspberry leaf tea) at a time. Lol

Meshel wrote: »
    So seen physio who said I definitely have spd. She gave me a belt and crutches to use and I've been signed off work as well. She said I could ask consultant to prescribe solpadine for pain but don't think I'd risk it as I'm fairly sure it has codeine in it which they say to really avoid in last couple of weeks.
    Got my bag packed last week but just from the comments remembered I've no breast pads in, oops. Don't plan to breast feed but last week or so I've given the idea more thought so at this stage I'm going with the lets wait and see what happens mantra.
    Ah meshel sorry to hear that. I only got my belts and crutches the other day. I'm not taking anything for the pain either. Like you don't want to touch anything with codeine in it and otc painkillers just don't work.

Thumby good luck tomo hope u get news that the infection has cleared up.bet you can't wait until 37 weeks.

Meshes sorry to hear your another one to add to the sod... How long do u have left?

I'm doing ok, bit of lower back pain n very mild period pain every so often. Worse thing at mo is getting to sleep, I can lay there for 3-4 hours before I actually fall asleep. Once asleep I wake up for loo etc but get straight back off to sleep but its the going to sleep that's driving me mad!!

2weeks Sunday.... Hope I don't go over but sure I will! I don't even get any BH!! Do these start before the real thing or is there a chance I could just start contractions??

• Registered Users Posts: 10 smilie215

This boards has gotten quiet lately!!! I've 2 weeks to go from yesterday and feel like I will never make it!!! Luckily I've had a very easy pregnancy up til the last week. Once I started my mat leave I feel so uncomfortable and sore all the time, to be expected I guess. Baby was weighing 6 and half pounds at 34 weeks. NOt sure what it is now but I'm feeling every ounce of it, baby very low down. Here at home and would love to be doing some little jobs but my back is in bits. Sorry for the moan!!!

Any suggestions for relief of lower back pain, maybe I should get a support belt or something, maybe it's too late.

Best of luck to you all, won't be long now!!!

• Advertisement

Hi ladies, I hope those babies make their grand entrances soon for you!
    Thumby you've really been through the mill :( I hope the infection has been cleared!
    Sauceysue I hope you're not left waiting too much longer x

We got home on Mon! Can't believe E is a week old already! The section this time went so much better than last time! The spinal was amazing! I got 36 staples and half were removed on Tues and the last of them on Wed and the scar seems to be healing really well :)
    Apart from lack of sleep with my monster baby constantly wanting food everything is going great :) N loves his little brother & keeps kissing him lol!

Hope everyone is keeping well x

Advertisement