Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2013!!!

Options
  • 07-05-2012 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Anybody out there :):)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

huge congrats !! :-)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Congrats :) I have Jan 2009 and 2011 babies and well January babies are the best ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sonandheir

Congrats!i just found out i'm due a jan 2013 baby so exciting!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭petalgumdrops

sonandheir wrote: »
    Congrats!i just found out i'm due a jan 2013 baby so exciting!:)

Thanks guys.. and congrats on the good news. I only found out 2-3 days ago.. I must be mad i have a 7month old!!! :)

i'm the same im due jan 9th,ive got a 13mth old,now the fun will start!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Vmash

Anybody out there :):)

Congrats everyone,
    I'm new here and just found out I'm pregnant last Friday and according to Clearblue digital 2-3 weeks pregnant. Not sure what do do next but will give my GP surgery a call on Monday.
    Its our first baby and we only decided to have a baby about 6 weeks ago, didn't think it was going to happen so soon.
    Any advice from current mums to a mum-to-be will be very much appreciated as I will be having loads of questions, so please bear with me :cool:
    P.S. Baby will be due between 24 December and 14 January as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mola1

Hi girls, im 6weeks due 11th jan,visited the doctors today and have an early scan in 2 weeks as I had a m/c in february at 10 weeks. I cant help worry this time around,im looking out for every symptom. Fingers crossed all goes well now :)

Best of luck Mola1,hope all goes well at the scan!keeping my fingers crossed for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

Was just browsing good to see ya back Mola1. Wishing you all the best and im sure all will be fine this time:D

Vmash wrote: »
    Congrats everyone,
    I'm new here and just found out I'm pregnant last Friday and according to Clearblue digital 2-3 weeks pregnant. Not sure what do do next but will give my GP surgery a call on Monday.
    Its our first baby and we only decided to have a baby about 6 weeks ago, didn't think it was going to happen so soon.
    Any advice from current mums to a mum-to-be will be very much appreciated as I will be having loads of questions, so please bear with me :cool:
    P.S. Baby will be due between 24 December and 14 January as well :D

Hi and congrats! I think the first thing you should do is go to your doc and confirm pregnancy. Then decide what hospital u want to go to. I have a 7month old so this is my 2nd pregnancy. very excited and although they are close together i couldnt be happier.. :)

• Advertisement

Mola1 wrote: »
    Hi girls, im 6weeks due 11th jan,visited the doctors today and have an early scan in 2 weeks as I had a m/c in february at 10 weeks. I cant help worry this time around,im looking out for every symptom. Fingers crossed all goes well now :)

Hope it goes well mola x

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Iwillcope

Me too, well I think its January 10th to be exact! Two days after my fathers birthday.

Iwillcope wrote: »
    Me too, well I think its January 10th to be exact! Two days after my fathers birthday.

Congrats thats great news im due January the 8th :) what hospital are u going to?

I would like to go to Holles Street but have no idea if I can choose or not. I have no health insurance so may just have to be take what I get. I haven't even thought about it. I live in the city centre but don't want to have to go to the Rotunda. :(

Iwillcope wrote: »
    I would like to go to Holles Street but have no idea if I can choose or not. I have no health insurance so may just have to be take what I get. I haven't even thought about it. I live in the city centre but don't want to have to go to the Rotunda. :(

Yes you can choose.. When u get a letter from your doctor take it to the admissions department in Holles street and they will book u in. They will send you out an info pack with a booking reference number. I went public on my first in Holles street. Couldnt fault it.

Myself and my siblings were all born there so I just have a natural connection to there, nice to know I can choose.

How are we all feeling girls? Iv had nausea on/off this past week but its managable,so far! This might sound strange but the thought of getting it really bad again is worrying me so much,i work with my family and havnt told them yet and I know they will guess before im ready to tell-i really don't know why its bothering me so much?! im counting down the days until my scan,maybe it will put my mind at ease :) we have also booked holidays for a few weeks time and fingers crossed all goes well and we can still go,has anyone ever went on holidays in their first trimester?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meshel

I can join you's finally 4wk 2days :D Am beyond excited just have a big grin on my face still feels a little unreal.

Huge Congrats Meshel,it's so exciting! i've a little bit of nausea and am tired most evenings,hope everyone is all well so far!bring on january :)

Hi sonandheir, yep on my last two I had terrible nausea but so far fingers x nothing so I hope I'm gona be lucky with this one :rolleyes: wishful thinking I'd say but I can live in hope. Has anyone started on any pregnancy supplements or that yet? I've been taking folic acid the last couple of months but would like to maybe take a pregnancy supplement if anyone has a few recomondations.
    I also hope to get it confirmed by doctor hopefully today if I can get an appointment :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭cutty9

congrats. :)

im still a virgin :(

So I went & got pregnancy confirmed with doctor yesterday. All good so far :D Although he told me just to come back to him at 12 weeks & then he would refer me to a hospital. I decided to call Rotunda as on both my other pregnancys I was seen by them from 12 weeks on so if I waited like the doctor said I wouldn't be seen in hospital until over 20 weeks & I'd stress my self with worrying for that long.
    The Rotunda said I would get an appointment sent to me for when I would be 12-14 weeks gone.
    I can't believe I've all of this done & himself hasn't a clue still. Can't wait till I can be excited with someone else as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Okay - I can't believe I'm actually joining this thread. I'm 5w + 4 days and I've been afraid to join the thread in case I jinx things! :o
    I had 2 m/cs many years ago and since then I joined Napro and have a gorgeous 3 year old boy. But I'm very very nervous and anxious that things will go wrong again. Anyway, Napro have taken my bloods over the past week and my Dr God (as I call him :)) is very happy with them so that's positive. I'm booked in for a scan on 8th June - I will be 7w + 4 days. I'm tormenting myself looking at hormone levels on the internet - but I have to accept it is beyond my control now. Whatever will be, will be! At the moment I am due on 21st Jan 2013!! Good luck everyone.

So I was searching on argos for a few pieces and noticed this was on offer so thought it might be of some use to someone http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3768789/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CNursery%7C14417537/c_2/3%7Ccat_18793869%7CMaternity%7C14417620.htm

i've been taking folic acid the last few months too,wouldn't mind taking some supplements too,went to doc and was told to come back when im 12weeks,im in the same boat as you meshel,don't remember having to come back to doc with my first,congrats bubbaloo,fingers crossed everyone will be ok,im dying to tell people but will wait till i get past the 12weeks!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Going anon for this post, Just found out my wife is 5 weeks pregnant with our first child, so so happy :)

Just got my first hospital appointment in the post this morning :D I will be 13 weeks 4 days so don't have too long to wait ;) I told himself and he is super happy, feels like we have our own little secret for a while anyway before everyone else finds out. So far still no morning sickness which is great. My last two I had it all day long till about 5 months gone which was horrible. Has anyone else been in an awkward situation trying to make excuses as to why your not drinking? Had this on Saturday night a friends bbq used the reliable kidney infection excuse :p

Well I got an early scan this morning and everything looks perfect :D Im going to stop worrying so much now! Its measuring 8wks 3days so abit further on than I thought,could even see a lil heart beat :) sickness has also kicked in abit more now,roll on 2nd trimester!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

Hi all,

I thought i may as well join you :) i'm not 100% sure when i'm due coz i always was so irregular, but by my own calculations is going to be January!!

I found out 3 weeks ago, and to be sure i took the clearblue test that tells you how far in and said 3+.. coz that's the max i can say.. that was the day before my holidays.. i kinda had given up on getting pregnant and then there it was.. i just wanted to make sure before i overindulgeD in the holiday and glad i took the test..

Anyways, was just back on saturday and went to the GP yesterday, who confirmed my pregnacy and gave me the letter.. after wrecking my head all day and all last night i've decided to go to the coombe... so i faxed the form and waiting to get my appt and the dating scan... i've no clue how far i am, really all are just mental calculations so i could be very wrong... my GP told me in my case only the scan can tell...

So for the poster asking about going on holidays on the first trimester.. it went fine for me, only the first week i felt a bit sick and couldnt eat a thing.. i forced myself to some fruit, yogurt and iced lemon tea... second week i recovered the apetite, now i'm here and wishing i was on holidays again ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Well ladies I'm 6 w + 1 day and my boobs are ENORMOUS!!! Other than that I am wretching every time I brush my teeth and feeling very tired! How are you all feeling? :)

Advertisement