Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2013!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Welcome moonbeam althought im sure your not happy to be here.

How you feeling- any signs?

When are u next back to the hospital? Do u know when is the latest they will take u in??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Back on the 8th of Jan due to the Christmas .
    No idea I was never expected to go over :(

Hopefully they will take u in soon after that as that will be quite a few days over wont it??

This little babies can be quite stubborn!!

Hopefully u will go on your own very soon, keep bouncing away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Welcome aboard Moonbeam :) have you had any signs of things happening at all?

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Back on the 8th of Jan due to the Christmas .
    No idea I was never expected to go over :(

Won't that be 10 days over for you? That's an awful long time to leave ya without a check up! Can your GP do a sweep or anything?

Nicky I know it's very exciting to know we'll have our babies this month! 3 more sleeps is crazy alright! I'm looking forward to him arriving now and being able to sit and lie comfy lol! Even if it does take a few weeks after the section!

I'm in bits today, I went all out and scrubbed the house for his arrival! Gonna head to be and hopefully get some sleep and spend the next 2 days taking it easy! My OH is back in work tomorrow so me and the little man are heading to my Mum's for the day! I'm in the hospital at 11am and hopefully won't be there for hours and hours..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SaucySue

Hope all well here, Thumby hope you are feeling better and Moonbeam hope you wont be.kept waiting too much longer.

Probably noone awake now but just in case, any of you who have been through it before, did ye find contractions kind of like intense trapped wind pains that tightened and released? Moved out of our bed into spare room as was feeling kind of nauseous last day or two but now for last hour or so im getting these pains. Thought was maybe her moving down but its def coming and going.Maybe i should start timing? dont want to wake himself as hes.back to work in few hours. Nervous.npw, tho they will prpb stop soon as i post this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Happy belated new year girls. Moonbeam i'm sorry to see ya here but you're more than welcome. Sorry i've so quite i've been zombiefied between lack of sleep annd bucket load of meds. I'm hoping to get home this evening.

@saucysue. Yup def start timing them if ya haven't already hun. I had a fairly big show yesterday evening and started getting irregular contractions which after a while settled to 4 mins apart for about 5 hours. They eventually slowed and then stopped thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭missis aggie

Hi Ladies, I would like you to welcome my little baby girl, born at 4.10 this morning. Very quick labour 3 hrs 10 min :) almost unassisted :O my midwife got here just as baby was born :) didn't get to use pool but had amazing experience :)

SaucySue wrote: »
    Hope all well here, Thumby hope you are feeling better and Moonbeam hope you wont be.kept waiting too much longer.

Probably noone awake now but just in case, any of you who have been through it before, did ye find contractions kind of like intense trapped wind pains that tightened and released? Moved out of our bed into spare room as was feeling kind of nauseous last day or two but now for last hour or so im getting these pains. Thought was maybe her moving down but its def coming and going.Maybe i should start timing? dont want to wake himself as hes.back to work in few hours. Nervous.npw, tho they will prpb stop soon as i post this!

Sounds like something's happening alright :) I've been getting the same sort of pains all night again myself but I think it's gonna end up in just a run to the loo (sorry tmi!) def start timing them!

Thumby great to hear you're on the mend but holy crap that baby is playing around huh?! You must be mad worried knowing he could come so soon :( what did the hospital say about it all? Hope ya get home x

• Advertisement

@missaggie congrats hun. That was a very quick l and d. I'd say you're delighted.
    @tigress i've been given the provisional ok to go home early this evening :-D docs haven't said much about anything just told me to talk to my consultant at my antenatal app on friday about things. My midwife on the ward however has warned me under pain of death to stay away from raspberry leaf tea for another few weeks as she swears it will start mu labour. Most she said need to drink it for 3/4weeks for that to happen but with the way i am it would probably start me in a matter of days lol

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Meshel

Congrats princessa and missaggie on your little girl's and to sleeping beauty and tigerton on your two wee men. Say you's couldn't be happier!!
    Back in work today and just want to go home, really don't feel up to it but must muddle on through. I'm not due to finish until Fri 18th jan and I'm due 28th jan but don't think I can hang on that long. Is anyone else still working or have you all finished?

Hi Ladies, I would like you to welcome my little baby girl, born at 4.10 this morning. Very quick labour 3 hrs 10 min :) almost unassisted :O my midwife got here just as baby was born :) didn't get to use pool but had amazing experience :)

Aww huge congrats! What a quick labour indeed :)

Congrats aggie, great news with such a quick labour you lucky thing. Was that your first??

Meshel I was due to end work on fri 11th- due 27th jan but was signed off on Monday with high blood pressure and bed rest. Re checked pressure today was slightly lower and urine is clear so just told to take it easy.

Maybe head to your gp see if she will sign you off?? You need to be well rested before hand so stressing now will do you no favours.

Thumby wrote: »
    @missaggie congrats hun. That was a very quick l and d. I'd say you're delighted.
    @tigress i've been given the provisional ok to go home early this evening :-D docs haven't said much about anything just told me to talk to my consultant at my antenatal app on friday about things. My midwife on the ward however has warned me under pain of death to stay away from raspberry leaf tea for another few weeks as she swears it will start mu labour. Most she said need to drink it for 3/4weeks for that to happen but with the way i am it would probably start me in a matter of days lol

That's great news :) you must e delighted! I drank the raspberry tea on my last pregnancy but didn't bother this time.. I hated it! I didn't think you could drink it before 37 weeks anyways?!
    I'm in the waiting room of the antenatal clinic and never felt more sorry for myself or misrable.. I just wanna be at home!

I'll swap ya tig. They've changed their mind. I'm not goin home :-(

Ah bad news Thumby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Crap news thumby. Tigeress, hang in there, only two days to go!!

I just bought the raspberry leaf tea yest. Also bought vitamin e oil as I heard that using it on your nipples now can help prevent them drying and chapping later. No idea if it works but ill try anything once! The bio oil has been brilliant, still no stretch marks although i know it's still early. Have a hideous varicose vein around my right knee though, it better disappear after the baby arrives!

So I had my appointment today and my section is all booked for Friday (as I already knew) I've to be in the hospital for 7:30am latest and fast from midnight the night before, no food no water, nothing! They're hoping if everything goes to plan that I'll have my little guy by lunch time but that depends on emergencies and such.. It's all just kinda kicked in and I'm a nervous wreck :( my mum has taken my little boy for a few hours so I can have a relax for a few hours on my own.
    How's everyone else?
    Nicky that's great that your BP has gone down! Must be such a relief :)

I'll swap ya tig. They've changed their mind. I'm not goin home :-(

Aww no :( that's awful Thumby but you're in the best place! Does your X have all the kiddies? Maybe you'll get out tomorrow hun! Big hugs x

• Advertisement

My boys nan on my ex hubbys side has them and my dad has my little one. My x (babys dad) has been practically living downstairs when he comes up to me because of visitor restrictions due to vomiting bug so my head is just done in now. Its my little ones bday this weekend and the boys are back to school on monday so i'm just fed up now. And as much as the staff are lovely its starting to get hard watching practically everyone having their babies too.

My boys nan on my ex hubbys side has them and my dad has my little one. My x (babys dad) has been practically living downstairs when he comes up to me because of visitor restrictions due to vomiting bug so my head is just done in now. Its my little ones bday this weekend and the boys are back to school on monday so i'm just fed up now. And as much as the staff are lovely its starting to get hard watching practically everyone having their babies too.

Aww hun :( it's rotten that you're stuck in there but they obv think its for the best.. There is nothing worse than being in hospital and everyone has their babies and you don't.. Your little one will understand if you're not home for her bday! There'll be plenty more to celebrate :) have you got a laptop or DVD player at anything to pass the time?

Ah Thumby hopefully they will let you out tomo??? I know it's hard but just think its for the best of that little baby growing inside.

Tigeress I bet you was delighted at first to get a date but now it's all prob just sinking in. Just think its for the best and th
    Ese are the pros that do it everyday. Also will be in a more controlled environment as it not be a emergency. Your have your little bundle with you in 48hours then it will be time to heal so you can get home to your other little guy. Wishing you all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SaucySue

Aww Thumby sorry to hear that, really hope they will let you out soon. Did they give any idea how much longer want you to stay in?

Miss Aggie congrats onnew arrival and hope everyone else is well.

Pains last night stopped after about two hours but still hoping its at least a sign that something will start over next few days or so. Had high levels of leucocytes (+3) last time in gp so have to ring later and get results from lab as they cant tell in gp what was causing it so they aent to hosp. Hopefully just contamination and nothing serious anyway.

Could you finish up work earlier or take few days annual leave here each week so maybe only work 3 or 4 days each week you have left?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Nicky30

Sorry to hear that thumby :(

Hopefully not too long to go for your baby to be here.

Did anyone attend breastfeeding classes at the maternity? How long do they go on for, full day, half day etc?

Nicky30 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that thumby :(

Hopefully not too long to go for your baby to be here.

Did anyone attend breastfeeding classes at the maternity? How long do they go on for, full day, half day etc?

I went to one on my last pregnancy and I think it was 12-4pm! Most of it I already knew from reading books but I did find it very useful! Worth going too!

Thumby do you think you'll get home today hun? How are you feeling?

Well one more day for me ladies! Spending the day spoiling my 1year old cause I won't be around for a few days (feel awful about it!) I've never been away from him for more than a few hours ever!

Any news Thumby on when they are letting you out??

Tigress, hope you spoilt your fella today and are all set for tomo, what an exciting time... I'm sure there will be very little sleep had tonight by you.

Right ladies, hospital bag all packed!!! Have left a small supply of extras out for the hubby to bring in if needed, couldn't fit everything in and thought I had packed lightly!!

Feeling uncomfortable today!!, thought she had moved down a little bit the last few weeks but had a great sleep last night and woke up this morning with her being as high as ever.... Not impressed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Nicky30

I went to the breast feeding class, got some useful information ;)

@Nicky987, i'm the same with the hospital bag, no room for the towel and dressing gown, must go through it again and see can i cut out some items lol

Yeah I've decided to take 5 vests and gros and two pair pjs for me. Have left more out which OH can bring in to me!!

• Advertisement

What hospital are u attending nicky30??

Did u find the breast feeding class benifical?? I hadn't thought about going to one

Advertisement