Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due January 2013!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nicky987

Tigeress great to hear from you!!!

Ah fab you got home and a week already... Wow it does really fly.

Glad all went well with section and hope you are settling in we'll back at home. Glad the siblings are bonding well.

Do they always do staples with sections or was it just because you had a previous section??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Tigeress wrote: »
    Hi ladies, I hope those babies make their grand entrances soon for you!
    Thumby you've really been through the mill :( I hope the infection has been cleared!
    Sauceysue I hope you're not left waiting too much longer x

We got home on Mon! Can't believe E is a week old already! The section this time went so much better than last time! The spinal was amazing! I got 36 staples and half were removed on Tues and the last of them on Wed and the scar seems to be healing really well :)
    Apart from lack of sleep with my monster baby constantly wanting food everything is going great :) N loves his little brother & keeps kissing him lol!

Hope everyone is keeping well x

Delighted you're finally home tig. Looks like I'll be joining you soon enough. Had hospital app today and waited to see head consultant. She's inducing me in four weeks. I'm back in to see her in three weeks on first of Feb for internal but and I'm quoting her here " that's if I don't see you in here in labour before then". Not even she's expecting me to last till me next check up let alone my induction in four weeks. :D she even told me to start drinking raspberry leaf tea and doing anything else I can to start my labour. If I end up being admitted with another kidney infection ( had none this week for once) and I go into labour she won't stop it either.
    :D

Nicky987 wrote: »
    Tigeress great to hear from you!!!

Ah fab you got home and a week already... Wow it does really fly.

Glad all went well with section and hope you are settling in we'll back at home. Glad the siblings are bonding well.

Do they always do staples with sections or was it just because you had a previous section??

From what I heard when I was in for the week it depends on what the doc prefers when it comes to closing up after doing a section Nicky. There was a woman being prepped for one in the bed next to me and she asked which would she have. The registrar said it depends on the individual surgeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Nicky987 it's up the surgeon on the day! On my 1st section I got dissolvable stitches and it took nearly 6 weeks before they were gone, this time I got staples and they remove them after 5 days. The Doctor in theatre told me she hates doing stitches she finds them boring so she uses staples instead lol! It hurt like hell getting them out but I'd much prefer them over the stitches!

Thumby that's great news that you know there's an end in sight and it'll be no more than 4 weeks :) are you delighted? How far are you gone now?

Tigeress wrote: »
    Nicky987 it's up the surgeon on the day! On my 1st section I got dissolvable stitches and it took nearly 6 weeks before they were gone, this time I got staples and they remove them after 5 days. The Doctor in theatre told me she hates doing stitches she finds them boring so she uses staples instead lol! It hurt like hell getting them out but I'd much prefer them over the stitches!

Thumby that's great news that you know there's an end in sight and it'll be no more than 4 weeks :) are you delighted? How far are you gone now?

I'm thrilled tig. Can't wait for himself to finally arrive. I'm 34 weeks Monday so its still early enough that if I go now he might need a couple of days in nicu but with his size (roughly five pounds if not a little bit over) and having had the steroid shots his lungs are more mature.
    Thought for a bit this morning that my waters were going in a slow leak but hospital doesn't thunk so :-( details are in the pregnancy thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SaucySue

Delighted for you Tig settling in back home with baby, bet its hundred times better being back in your own bed etc.

Thumby thats great that you have definite date for baby to arrive, and good too that consultant thinks you'll prob go yourself before then. Hope now that you'll be able to stay home for the next few weeks and.not have anymore hospital stays. Anymore leaking since or has it stopped? Hope it is just discharge anyway like doc said and nothing to worry about.

Had hospital appt Fri and was better than last one anyway, head is most of the way engaged and cervix soft and one cm dilated so somethig starting anyway. She did a sweep too (ouch!!) and had some bleeding after and lots mucus and cramping since then. Still nothing I can time but going from discomfort to pain so hoping it will kick off properly soon. She booked me in for induction next Fri anyway if nothing happens but said ill most likely be back before that. She also said tho that baby is def bigger than average so really hope wont be in there growing for another week!

Anyone any plans for weekend? We were going to go see Les Mis in cinema but dont think I could sit still for nearly 3 hrs so prob give skip and relax at home instead.

SaucySue wrote: »
    Delighted for you Tig settling in back home with baby, bet its hundred times better being back in your own bed etc.

Thumby thats great that you have definite date for baby to arrive, and good too that consultant thinks you'll prob go yourself before then. Hope now that you'll be able to stay home for the next few weeks and.not have anymore hospital stays. Anymore leaking since or has it stopped? Hope it is just discharge anyway like doc said and nothing to worry about.

Had hospital appt Fri and was better than last one anyway, head is most of the way engaged and cervix soft and one cm dilated so somethig starting anyway. She did a sweep too (ouch!!) and had some bleeding after and lots mucus and cramping since then. Still nothing I can time but going from discomfort to pain so hoping it will kick off properly soon. She booked me in for induction next Fri anyway if nothing happens but said ill most likely be back before that. She also said tho that baby is def bigger than average so really hope wont be in there growing for another week!

Anyone any plans for weekend? We were going to go see Les Mis in cinema but dont think I could sit still for nearly 3 hrs so prob give skip and relax at home instead.

Ah saucy that's great. Def something kicking off for you anyway. Fingers crossed you'll go properly in the next couple of days :D
    I'm still leaking a bit (about the same frequency/amount as this morning) throughout the day but absolutely nothing else. I'm on preventive antibs so I'm not too worried I'll just keep an eye out tonight and tomorrow and if it gets heavier or I start getting any pains other than the sod I'll head straight to the hospital.
    I'd almost lay money on it that you'll be in by Monday, Tuesday at the very latest. Don't blame you for giving les mis a miss though. Although if ya believe in murphys law if ya go see it that's when you'll go into full labour lol.

Any news Thumby?!

How's everyone getting on??

I've 11 days left now and I've finally cracked!!! I'm a emotional wreck today.

The past few weeks haven't been sleeping great. I lay there till 3/4am till I finally drift off. I'm not uncomfy in bed just can't sleep! I'm not even having a day time keep in fear that I will never sleep at night. It's getting me down now.

Then to top it all off I have my back to work date but didn't get all the holidays I wanted so now I have to take 5weeks hold between oct and dec but have to put child in crèche from sept. so gonna be paying for crèche days when I won't need half of them. Soooooooooo frustrating.

Everything just getting on top of me now :-(

Hope everyone else is holding up a bit better than me.

Not much action on here lately... Is everyone too busy nesting??

Wonder how Thumby is doing??

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Nicky30

12 days to go myself :) Alot of people seem to think i will go over into February but who knows.

To help me sleep, i get up early, 8ish and go to bed late (around 11sh or 12am) it seems to help.

Went on a mad cleaning spree today in the house :eek:

Hope you feel better soon nicky987 x

• Advertisement

Nope still no babs. Getting irregular contractions every few hours but the docs won't do anything at all. Just keep waiting. They won't even check my cervix ffs. I'm beginning to lose my patience with the lot of them. Waters started leaking five days ago and broke properly at 2am sunday mornin, second bag went at 5am monday mornin and they just want to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Thumby wrote: »
    Nope still no babs. Getting irregular contractions every few hours but the docs won't do anything at all. Just keep waiting. They won't even check my cervix ffs. I'm beginning to lose my patience with the lot of them. Waters started leaking five days ago and broke properly at 2am sunday mornin, second bag went at 5am monday mornin and they just want to wait.

Are you still in hospital thumby or at home?

For those of you who are on maternity leave, is it horrendous just playing the waiting game? I was really looking forward to having some time off before the baby arrives but loads of people have told me that the waiting is going to drive me insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Thumby wrote: »

That's a stubborn little man you have in there!!

Have the doctors given any indication of when they would be willing to do something?

Thumby how long are they going to leave it?? Surely there is a risk of infection with no waters??

Ok so woke bit better mood today sp fingers crossed. This last week I've hardly done anything. Must get on with sorting baby room out and putting her clothes etc away.... The week has just sort of disappeared on me gazing out the window!!! Whoops!!!

Hi ladies,

Alert: ahead TMI

Went to toilet earlier and had like a clear jelly like blob when I wiped. About size of 20c maybe.

Then had a smaller one the same as before the next time I went to the toilet

Do you think this is a show? I know some same it's blood stained. But this was diff to the usual discharge. What u reckon??

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SaucySue

Well she finally arrived Tues night after three days being monitored in hospital for raised fetal heartbeat. Was having contractions for almost 2 days and getting nowhere, then went from 3 to 10cm in about 4 hours, pushed for half hour and out she came. Epidural didnt really work and wouldnt give me gas and air as had given 2 lots of epidural and 2 strong boosts of it and was in back labour so lot of pain but as soon as she arrived i was ready to go again! Best feeling ever just looking at her she is so perfect and even tho am totally shattered its just amazing having her here.

Hope rest of ye will all have your precious bundles with ye soon.

Saucysue, congrats.

Sounds like once you got going things moved pretty swiftly... Always a good thing I guess.

Enjoy every moment x

Congratulations saucysue :D

Congrats SaucySue! That's brill news :) hope you're both doing great :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Congrats SuacySue!!!

• Advertisement

Thumby any sign of your little boys arrival? Hope you're doing ok!

Check the pregnant thread tig :-D i'm way to tired to retype lol. Full details will follow soon i promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭petalgumdrops

hi all had my little girl on wednesday morning. shes just perfect... hope yas all doing well xx

I'm just back from my hospital check up. 39+1 today. The dr was very dismissive!! She scanned me and said baby head is high up and that I need to walk around more (althought 2 weeks ago I was told baby was deeply engaged??)

She said see you next week.

Tried to tell her that I was having lots of headaches this week and her response was well your bp is fine so see you next week. Didn't even get to tell her ant the blurred vision I was getting. I didn't even get to sit on the chair. She just scanned me and that was it.

I'm annoyed that I actually just excepted it and walked out!

Went to maternity today, 39+1 baby is head down and apparently engaged, so i could go anytime now, the Doctor asked did i want the internal exam today or next week!

I said next week :o

Back to maternity 29th, i'm due 28th ;)

hi all had my little girl on wednesday morning. shes just perfect... hope yas all doing well xx

Congratulations :D wishing you all the health & happiness x

Well our little miracle arrived on Friday (after being admitted on Tuesday for one prob after another) all well now and home today to start our little family life x

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Congrats petalgumdrops and nicky987.

My little lady is 4 weeks old today. That's the fastest 4 weeks of my life!!

Congrats Nicky987 :D

I'm due tomorrow but think little missey will keep me waiting lol

Back to the maternity on tuesday for an internal exam so that might get things moving ;)

• Advertisement

Nicky987 wrote: »
    Well our little miracle arrived on Friday (after being admitted on Tuesday for one prob after another) all well now and home today to start our little family life x

Aww huge congrats :) so glad to hear you're home and all is well x

Tigerton I know what ya mean! E will be 4 weeks on Fri! Can't believe it! He's already loosing that newborn look!

Advertisement