Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kryo's Sports Bets!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Going to do a possession bet for later, Germany to have over 54.5% @10/11

5.5pts

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭conormccarthy92

What bookies did you use for that possession bet ? Cant find any possession bets on either Paddy Power or Bet365

What bookies did you use for that possession bet ? Cant find any possession bets on either Paddy Power or Bet365

Betvictor

They seem to be the only ones offering a market too

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/internationals/euro-2012/germany-v-italy/germanys-percentage-of-possession

kryogen wrote: »
    Going to do a possession bet for later, Germany to have over 54.5% @10/11

5.5pts

Germany finished with 56.1%

Thought it would have actually ended up being more, but sure, a win is a win :D

+5

Bank 185.62 +85.62

• Advertisement

Nothing from me personally today, but a friend who scans tipping sites each day has recommended a bet to me

NSI v EB in the Faroe Islands

The best team in the division playing one of the worst teams, well they are battling relegation anyway! I don't know much about it yet as I haven't looked in to it but I trust his opinion so I am willing to follow him on this now since the price is dropping and I don't want to miss the better price

EB to win to nil @3.6

It has shortened a bit since I got the bet on, they are 4/5 to win the game outright. The opposition have failed to score in the last 3 out of 4 home games. EB when they do take the lead shut up shop and are difficult to score against. The reason I will follow him is because of the good price but since I haven't really looked at it myself it will be for smaller stakes.

2.5pts @3.6

Another bet he said would be pretty solid for the game is under 2.5 goals. It should be a low scoring tight affair.

I looked into the cricket today but the teams I like are a little too short.

Didn't get to see sight or sound of the Faroe match, but the bet lost!

(the under 2.5 would have come in Doh!)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Log going well. Keep her lit!

Any chance of a list of the tipping sites your mate recommends? Thanks.

Formation wrote: »
    Log going well. Keep her lit!

Any chance of a list of the tipping sites your mate recommends? Thanks.

Ill ask him, I know a couple he regulary checks and contributes to are betrush and bettingexpert, windrawwin is a decent site for stats and something else, I can't remember the rest right now, Ill put them up when I ask him. One he reckons is great

• Advertisement

Fancy a couple of teams in Finland and Sweden but am not going to be around for the day so won't be adding to the log today probably

Thinking Spain are seriously good priced to win the tournament in 90 minutes @ 6/5 generally and am considering having a bet on that. I think that despite Italy having the player of the tournament in Pirlo, too much will need to go right for them to get the job done.

Spain have the extra motivation of being 90 minutes away from becoming the first team in history to win 3 major tournaments in a row, they are extremely effective at winning matches and have the experience and the players in these situations to come through this.

Its late now so I'll come back to this at some stage, I already have a semi cover shot on this game anyway with my penalties bet so that will help make my decision easier, the bet that really stands out for me though is Spain to have 60% or more possession @10/11, I would be amazed if they don't end up with at least 60%, if they win they will control the ball, if they lose they will have the ball a lot too while the Italians try to keep them out. I just can't see that bet not coming in, would be a big surprise to me anyway.

The group game between these teams ended with Spain having just above 60% of the ball and Italy gave them a serious game that time. Unless Italy can put in an even better performance in the final Spain should have similar dominance of the ball. The kicker for me is that 60% is a win.

Spain to have 60% or more possession 11pts @10/11

Kazakhstan Premier League

Irtysh Pavlodar v Okzhetpes Kokshetau 1/3
    Ordabasy Shymkent v Sunkar Qaskeleng 3/5

5pt double

No reasoning really, just two teams that should win comfortbaly, 2 or 3 goals each.

Belarus

I like BATE Borisov to win to nil @ 12/5 and I really like the under 2.5 @4/6

As most of you would know, BATE games tend to be low scoring, and tend to be wins :) They often win 1-0 and 2-0 and the win to nil bet has been excellent for me with them for a while now. The unders is a safe option for them normally also.

For the Euro final I am seriously considering adding 5pts to the over 50 booking points @ evens.

Im a little strapped for time so will try to get back later and flesh this out a little bit more.

Decided against any more bets on the final as I have the free roll as it is with the penalties bet. Other then the possession bet which I think is solid I'll leave the game off.

I do like the bookings bet however, think that will have a great chance.

Happy I didn't get the bet on BATE :) would have been disasterous!

Kazakhstan double came in so up for the day anyway so +5.66 there

Both won by at least 2 goals, not sure how they finished up in the end but know they came in, will check when I get access

One of the poorer passing performances I have seen from Spain, particularly in the first half, but credit to the Italians, they came and had a go. Ended up with 57% of the possession (Spain) not good enough sadly

Bank 177.78

Too tired to do any sort of proper write up

Bet is 2e77ff21bf6117cc4c4be484858544ef.png?1341191973

Halmstad should piss this, probably won't of course now I have said that :)

A good market as an alternative is over 2.5 goals.

I will think about adding some more to that when I wake up, Halmstad cover over 2.5 a hell of a lot, I need to check more into the other team.

10pts staked -1AH @1.975

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

I have been looking at today's matches for a few days now and I had picked Halmstad as my first bet. They have a fantastic home record in the league, winning all but one match this season.

Odds have dropped to 1.44 with Paddy Power also so that's a good sign. And I slept in so couldn't go the bookies, so they'll definitely win now! ;)

BKC wrote: »
    I have been looking at today's matches for a few days now and I had picked Halmstad as my first bet. They have a fantastic home record in the league, winning all but one match this season.

Odds have dropped to 1.44 with Paddy Power also so that's a good sign. And I slept in so couldn't go the bookies, so they'll definitely win now! ;)

Hopefully :)

Will Hill has them 11/20 still if you want to place a bet?

The shortness of the price, they were 8/15 when I was going to do the bet first made me do the AH.

The over 2.5 has dropped to unbackability :) the over 3.5 is 4/7 ish in general

Falkenburg and the draw in play @ 9/2 - 2pt stake

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    Falkenburg and the draw in play @ 9/2 - 2pt stake

Halmstad left the shooting boots at home for this one, 1 shot on target during the 90 tells the story there, and I knew it couldnt finish 1-0 so the cover shot I threw was the one that made the most sense to me.

Truly shocked but not as bad as it could have been

only -1 for the game. Not bad considering, Halmstad ruined a lot of peoples bets today.

MLS

San Jose Earthquakes DNB @ 4/5

10pts

I am far too lazy at the moment to give my reasoning :)

I am pretty confident of a win, but the added insurance is nice I guess

(Paraguay)

Rubio Nu v Nacional Asuncion

10 pts over 2.5 goals 4/5

+8

Could have done over 5.5! talk about an easy win :)

Libertad @ 21/20 5pts

Independiente v Libertad(Paraguay)

+5.25

I really liked a horse that ran at Ascot and was more impressed with his losing effort then a lot of the winners that festival had, particularly the rate he had rose in class.

I would be useless for a write up about horses (whats new sure) so I dug up a guardian article which will articulate it better
    From lowly Thirsk handicap to one of the most competitive Group One races of the season, Farhh will bid to complete an injury-interrupted ascent through the ranks in Saturday's Coral-Eclipse Stakes at Sandown.

One of the most eyecatching losers at Royal Ascot earlier this month after Frankie Dettori experienced a torturously difficult passage up the inside rail in the Prince of Wales's Stakes, the four-year-old will bid to take his revenge on winner So You Think after Sheikh Mohammed's Godolphin operation shelled out the required £30,000 to add him to the line-up.

Godolphin will also run Dubai World Cup winner Monterosso, but Dettori has been handed the opportunity for redemption and will keep the ride.

While most eyes were focused on Newmarket's 2,000 Guineas, Farhh began his season in the Thirsk Hunt Cup, but an impressive six-length victory over some of the north's toughest handicappers off a handicap mark of 100 showed that he was worthy of moving up in grade, a decision confirmed by his latest performance.

However, the trainer Saeed bin Suroor admitted that he would prefer softer ground for his charge, a sign that the injury problems which kept him out of action for 15 months after his impressive debut at two may still be hovering in the background.

"He is a horse who has had his problems but he is in good form now and everyone saw how well he ran at Ascot when he missed the break and was always on the back foot afterwards," said the Godolphin racing manager Simon Crisford, who was keeping more fixed on the race itself than the prospect of gaining revenge over So You Think.

"It's not really a question of looking at any one particular horse among the opposition. The Eclipse is the natural progression for him and he has come out of the race at Ascot really well."

Monterosso will be partnered by Mickaël Barzalona, the pair having teamed up successfully at Meydan for World Cup victory on his last start.

"It was always the plan to give him a break after his win in the World Cup and I expect he'll probably be better for the run," said Crisford. "We'll take things one race at a time with him but this is just the start of his European season."

Whether Farhh will encounter the give underfoot his trainer believes will help him remain to be seen as an unsettled forecast was leaving the clerk of the course Andrew Cooper with uncertain expectations.

"It would be nice to have some proper Flat racing ground for a change this year. It's definitely on the firm side of good at the moment and if the rain forecast doesn't arrive, it could be quick on Saturday, but if we get the worst of rain it might be on the slower side. We'll just have to see."

He was absolutely flying in the end, went from almost last to third and with another few yards would have finished second, with a little more luck in running who knows.

I am chancing this now as I think the price will get shorter before the race, ground willing he will go well!

Farhh 4/1

5pt e/w

Edit: this was the thread/what I said at Ascot

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056676074
    eba23a07fb6e8bde7ee612befdfca9ec.png?1341426977

I will sum and tot up at some stage later or tomorrow if i get time

The MLS game didn't go to plan at all, quite surprised by the result, did feel at least it would be a draw so -10 there
    The first Paraguayan game went according to plan finishing 3-3, my over 2.5 was conservative :) +8
    Libertad got the win also which was welcome and more comfortable then I thought it would be +5.25
    The Swedish game ended in a -1 so altogether that leaves me with miniscule profit of +2.25 which is extremely disappointing tbh, very pissed off about the MLS game, killed my profit completely

Bank 180.03

With Sharapova gone Williams main threat for the wimbledon title is out, Williams faces Azarenka today who I believe is the other strong contender, I think the winner of the tournament will come from this semi final, Azarenka has been very impressive and has not dropped a set yet, but Serena has played the tougher opponents and has a fantastic record against Azarenka. She also will have the bit between her teeth at this excellent opportunity to add to her grand slam collection

Serena is 8/13 to win today and 23/20 outright.

As I said, if she wins today I think she wins outright so I am taking the 23/20 while its available now.

I also like the special ladies final double of Williams and Kerber @ 13/8 so will have a little bit on that also.

7pts Williams outright win @23/20
    8pt double Williams and Kerber to reach final @13/8 -8

Edit: Well fcuk you Kerber! And fcuk me for not being able to resist the favorite double in womens tennis!!! Come on Serena!

So You Think has been pulled from the ecplise at Sandown so I am waiting to see what that means exactly for my bet on Farhh

• Advertisement

Selfoss v Stjarnan BTTS @ 8/13

10pts

Both teams score a lot, both teams concede a lot :)

Early red card has out this in jeopardy, i am looking at a buy out.

Advertisement