Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kryo's Sports Bets!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Well fcuk that, missed the start of the golf and saw what I wanted to bet on already go from 25/1 to 3/1 :( all value gone down the drain!

Adding a couple of in play bets from the Scottish Open (mainly cause I missed the PGA bet I wanted)

Chris Wood @ 89/1 (Betfair)

1pt e/w

Nick Colsaerts @ 18/1 (missed the value big time here too!)

2pt win

Gutted about Colsaerts as I was supposed to back him yesterday but totally forgot about it :( could have got him at 80/1 also, he has the game to destroy the par 5's here and does have a good record on links courses

Been a good day overall, in the log 2 out 3 bets came in and in reality 3 out of 4 so the cash reserves got a nice boost

Bank 177.29

Not much for the log thanks to Bangor but at least it was a positive day

I think I will be taking Basel to get off to a great start in the first match of the Swiss Premier League later on @ 5/6

Done, 6pts

Shakhtyor Karagandy v Okzhetpes Kokshetau Goal Handicap Shakhtyor Karagandy(-1)
    33/40

5pt

• Advertisement

Tennis

Fernando Verdasco v Andrey Kuznetsov

Verdasco should win comfortably, I like the 2-0 sets bet but for the better odds I will chance the game handicap of -4.5 @10/11

7pt

6-2 6-2

nice one :)

+6.37

Thomaz Bellucci - Cedrik-Marcel Stebe

Already went against Stebe in the last round but he came through it 2-1 after a big battle, hopefully he is feeling the effects of that, and the reasons for opposing him are the same as before really. Bellucci is the clear favourite for the match and I will have the smallest of nibbles on him to cover the games handicap now in play (currently 1-0 to Stebe)

-2.5: 2pt @ 4/5

kryogen wrote: »
    Thomaz Bellucci - Cedrik-Marcel Stebe

Already went against Stebe in the last round but he came through it 2-1 after a big battle, hopefully he is feeling the effects of that, and the reasons for opposing him are the same as before really. Bellucci is the clear favourite for the match and I will have the smallest of nibbles on him to cover the games handicap now in play (currently 1-0 to Stebe)

-2.5: 2pt @ 4/5

done, easy, wish I hadn't bottled it and put more then a score on it :)

+1.6

I think I will be taking Basel to get off to a great start in the first match of the Swiss Premier League later on @ 5/6

Done, 6pts

1-0 to the champions

+5

Bank currently 190.26

• Advertisement

Tennis

Jan Hajek v Nicolas Almagro

Almagro is ranked #10, and Hajek has never beaten anybody ranked in the top 10, they have only met once before on clay and Almagro won comfortably in 2 sets.

All Almagros matches so far in the tournament have gone 3 sets so it is not a foregone conclusion and is a little risky I guess so only small stakes.

Almagro to win 2-0
    3pt @5/6 +2.5

Based on Bellucis game yesterday, and his form recently I think he may pull off an upset against a somewhat struggling Tipseravic today

Bellucci has won 8 matches in a row and 13 of his last 15 on clay, Tipseravic has been below par and had to save 5 match points in his quarter final match yesterday

Bellucci @ 6/4

2pt

Lost 2-1 -2

Just put 3pts on Haye v Chisora to go the distance @1/1

Haye on points @6/4 is appealing also

Shock agus disappointment

Not exactly sure why A Mineiro are 17/10 to beat Figuirense and there is probably something dodgy there but I am bound to bet on it

4pts @17/10

Shakhtyor Karagandy v Okzhetpes Kokshetau Goal Handicap Shakhtyor Karagandy(-1)
    33/40

5pt

Game was postponed so bet voided.

Not exactly sure why A Mineiro are 17/10 to beat Figuirense and there is probably something dodgy there but I am bound to bet on it

4pts @17/10

Should have known better at this stage really, the odds were too suspicious and I made an error by even betting

Getting a thumping by a team about 14 places below them in the league I think :)

Should have known better at this stage really, the odds were too suspicious and I made an error by even betting

Getting a thumping by a team about 14 places below them in the league I think :)

Just wow

Don't know if anybody else was watching that game, they went 3-1 down on 60 minutes, getting outfought/outplayed and looked a beaten team, then they went nuts and less then 20 minutes later were 4-3 up!

Actually makes the 17/10 look small considering the price they were at 3-1 down with 30 minutes to go!!!

again, wow

+6.8

Bank: 194.56 94.56

Didnt get to log any of my bets today which is a shame cause I am in profit, but to tot up, the golf bets both reaped no rewards

Get in there! The over 2.5 in the Elfsborg game finally came in :):)

Anyway, the golf -4

Botafogo v Fluminese

over 2.5 goals @ 5/6

3pts 1-1 very frustrating -3

Also

CSD Rangers v Union San Felipe

Rangers @ 13/10

2pt +2.6 1-0 90+ minute winner, very rough game, loads of bookings 2 sendings off but the right result

• Advertisement

One more,

O'Higgins v Colo Colo

O'Higgins @ 23/20

2pt -2 extremely frustrating game

Dont fancy any of the selections that strongly. Interest more then anything

Well fcuk me this is becoming a frustrating night

Bank 188.16

Off to Norway tomorrow, in case I forget to log the bet

Stromsgodset v Sandnes Ulf

The home team are top of the league, won 6 drew 1 out of 7 (Home). They have scored 17 goals and conceded 5, the opponents lie 13th in the table, and have scored 11 and conceded 12 away from home.

Stromsgodset have gone 5 games without conceding a goal at home, they have also managed 2 or more goals on 9 occasions out of 14 this season

Sandnes have conceded 2 or more on 8 of 14 occasions this season and have been on a poor run of form losing 3 of the last 5 managing just 1 win, compared with Stromsgodset who have won 4 of their last 5 and drawn the other (away to Rosenborg 3-3)

I see no other outcome then a home win here, but the odds on that straight are too skinny for a single so will chance them being 2 goals at least clear of the opposition.

Stromsgodset - 1.75AH @ 11/10

4pts

Carlos Berlocq v Gilles Simon

Would like to take Simon and will do so on a -2.5 game handicap also. I see him winning 6-3 6-3 rather then it being any closer then that. Berlocq is good on clay, but he fails on the European courts more often then not, he has won the last encounter between these two, in America. Simon has won the last encounter in Europe. He is the defending champion here and should be well motivated for the match.

Last week I had a few bets at Umag and saw a lot of Berlocq and though he progressed a couple of rounds he was playing nobodies and did not really impress at all, he struggled somewhat to beat players that he is in all honesty a lot better then so I think he is struggling with his form a little at the moment and hopefully that swings it in my favour.

Simon is the defending champion here and as such has plenty of points to defend, he will surely be well up for this contest.

Simon - 2.5 @ 5/6

5pt +4.17

Simon made a right balls of the first set, will need a serious effort to avoid defeat here now never mind cover :)

Now he has made a balls of the second set! Was 5-2 up, it is now 5-5. ****ing hell he got broken to love while serving for the set at 5-3!

Thats the end of that bet for sure

Unbelievably, after blowing two sets, scraping the second 7-6 on a tie break and needing to win the final set 6-2 for my bet to come in, he turns up and destroys him 6-1!

Prick :)

4-6 7-6 6-1

Cricket bet for this evening, my chosen county Lancashire are home to Middlesex

d6adb5cc35642b0e049adfc0468871c8.png

Lancs are strong at home, they are pretty much at full strength, only missing Anderson who does not really play much anyway due to his England commitments. Middlesex will be without Finn, Morgan and of course Strauss I believe (sure about Morgan and Strauss, not about Finn)

Lancs are behind Middlesex in the table, but with a win tonight they will go level on points and still have two games in hand. The price was quite generous I thought for a team who have a good record at home. Cricket is one of my guilty pleasures, absolutely love the game much to the dismay of most of my friends :)

3pts staked on it. +2.72

Just checked the teams, and Finn is missing also so thats a positive also :)

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2012/engine/current/match/542789.html

If they get on at all that is, delayed by the rain currently :(

Edit: Just to add, Middlesex are not a pushover by any means and with guys like Denly and our very own Stirling in the line up there are runs in the team, looks like Lancs have elected to field first so hopefully they can do a good containing job and chase down a reasonable target

• Advertisement

After a slow and extremely bad start to the game they are back in it!

Stromsgodset I mean who went 1 nil down after ten minutes!

Back to poor play now! If I go negative maybe they will play better again haha

Advertisement