Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kryo's Sports Bets!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Blatter wrote: »
    Corinthians were quite good defensively it has to be said, completely nullified Neymar.

Once they got the first goal (which was a great strike btw) it was always going to be an uphill task.

Have a small bet on over 2.5 goals in Croatia/Italy game, think there's value there at 6/4.

Yeah I had said that if Corinthians get a goal it will be damn near impossible, they are very good defensively, sorry about your bet bud.

You can make it back on Boca tonight though lol ;)

Bank 131.98 +31.98

Had some disasterous football bets lately, Santos really hurt me last night, cost me 220euro in the real world and 30pts altogether in this log :(

Still I have Boca tonight and the golf today so there is always opportunities to bounce back!

Boca to win 4/5 10pts
    Woods top 10 @2/1 10pts

Will have a few more bets to add to that later, have to do a bit of work now!

Added Davis Love top 20 finish @9/2 3pts

Boca came through thankfully

+8

Couldn't decide on a basketball bet so left it alone last night

• Advertisement

Think Sweden are overpriced @ 5/2, but I'm wary of backing them after the Ukraine game, they do have to win today though, they have shown before they perform well when the backs are against the wall, Ill come back to this, might have a small bet at that price, Englands record v Sweden is horrendous too, think they have beaten them once in the last 40 years.

Maybe Sweden double chance is the way to go @ 8/13

hmmm

In the other Euro game I can see France getting a comfortable victory over Ukraine, it was a huge effort from Ukraine last time out to come from behind and win and it will have taken its toll on their older players I feel even though they will be on a high, France absolutely have to win the game now because they failed to beat England also, again they are the superior team and if they turn up they win, I don't think the Ukraine has enough in defense to hold them off. France will have to up the tempo though.

Will have 5 pts @ evens for this. +5

Small double on Sweden 5/2 and France 1/1

2pt double

I think England will play a bit of a hoofball game today, especially considering Carroll is starting, Sweden are vulnerable to headers, conceded most of their goals lately to them, but I think pinning your hopes on Andy Carroll gives me a good chancw with the double

Forgot BATE were playing!

BATE to win to nil 4/5 10pts
    HT 1-0 FT 3-0 11/1 1pt :)-1
    HT 1-0 FT 2-0 7/1 1pt -1

Feckers are always winning at half time!

kryogen wrote: »
    Forgot BATE were playing!

BATE to win to nil 4/5 10pts
    HT 1-0 FT 3-0 11/1 1pt :)-1
    HT 1-0 FT 2-0 7/1 1pt -1

Feckers are always winning at half time!

Its been one of them!

24 shots, 8 on target no feckin goals. Gotten in good situations dozens of times but have not been able to get the break through, red card in the 90th minute, then concede a goal from a corner in the 91st minute very disappointed with BATE would be an understatement, but I will forgive them, they have been good to me,glad I didn't have serious money on. Imagine they were 1/6 before kick off! Ruined a few accums Id imagine

sigh -12 total off the game.

This losing craic is becoming far too regular

Sweden have really really pissed me off

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, the goalie should be shat on for a start and the rest of the players bar Ibra should not feel very good about themselves in their performance in these championships.

Going home now and they deserve it after the two games.

• Advertisement

Bank 130.98

Newells Old Boys @ 11/10 3pts
    Newells Old Boys -1 AH 3.200 1pt
    Whoops forgot to add in the overs, over 2.5 @6/4 4pts

yuck, two early goals fcuked my win bets for sure, but it did go over 2.5 goals so

+2 on the game overall :(

132.98 +32.98

My bets today, and I cant do a write up right now, will try get back to it before the kick off times.

Euro 2012
    Russia Ht/FT 3pts @2.75 -3
    Over 2.5 goals Greece v Russia 3pt @9/10 -3
    Over 2.5 Czech v Poland 3pts @ evns -3
    3pt double of overs also. -3

Chile Play offs
    Union Espanola v O Higgins 3pts @ 19/20 +2.85

Argentina
    Velez Sarsfield v CA Tigre 3pts @ 5/6

In play bet, 2 pts in play on this getting tired of seeing my team dominate but waste chance after chance tbh, goal disallowed with the last kick of the game too :( fcuk sake, I actually think they had the ball in the net twice in the 95th minute and both disallowed

aa6fade64593dcf1fbbcc13828069c30.png?1339865210

20pt outlay

A group winners treble of Russia, Germany and Spain still works out @ 0.64 buying money?

This has been soul destroying so far, really knocking me...5 bets down so far out of 7 with just the 1 win and 1 to go.

Going to add another 7pts to Velez to try to recoup my losses for the day.

Total on Velez now 3pts @ 5/6
    7pts @ 1.875 -0.5 AH

May aswell give my write up for the match while Im at it

Velez Sarsfield v CA Tigre

The last 8 meetings of these two has resulted in 6 Sarsfield wins, 1 draw and 1 win for Tigre.

You would need to go back to 2008 to find the last time Tigre came away from Velez with a point (1-1)

Velez have outscored Tigre in those 8 games 15-6.

Velez have gone on a poor run lately, losing to Belgrano, drawing with Boca and losing to Argentinos! Shock result of the lot but I think this is the game where they will find their form again.

Tigre sit in 2nd place in the Clausura 2 points ahead of Velez but they have had some nice fixtures lately relative to Velez.

You know what, whats the point?

It will either win or it wont

As has been the way with these things, the team I back has a man sent off then goes behind.

Luckily for me this time, I thought about what my instinct was, what my research pointed to and how my day had been, and went the opposite way to what my instincts and research had pointed me towards, surprise surprise it worked out.

Had 10 pts staked on it in play after watching the first few minutes of the game.

d2d2bc5d1ab167f94408205dcfe014e7.png?1339894219

Only posting it now because I was actually afraid the log would jinx it, I am developing an odd superstition about the log the last few days, most bets I dont include are going ok, most bets I do include are failing.

I try to not aftertime if I can help it, but I just couldnt bring myself to log it in before full time.

Bank:143.83

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

did you just add 30 points to your log balance with a bet you never logged? :S

jive wrote: »
    did you just add 30 points to your log balance with a bet you never logged? :S

Yep, I understand the wrong in that, its why I put up the screenshot, I literally just could not bring myself to post it before the end of the game. It was part of my log and would have been posted either way, its cool if you don't believe that. The log is only for myself.

• Advertisement

Back to avoidance of Euro bets

Finland Divisioin 1

RoPS v Viking

The home team have started the season very well, top of the table, 4 wins in a row at home and averaging just under 3 goals a game (2.8). They have not conceded more then 1 goal in any game this season. They concede an average of 0.5 goals per game at home.

In contrast to this Viking score on average 0.5 goals away and concede 2.5 goals average away from home. They actually total just 0.9 goals per game on average anyway regardless of home or away.

The overall records are RoPS played 8 won 7 drawn 1 scoring 17 and conceding just 3, Viking have played 7 won 4 and lost 3 scoring 6 and conceding 13.

They have won once away from home, to Jippo a team below them in the table, a 1-0 win in May.

As long as RoPS turn up today this should be a formality

The bet is RoPS -1,1.5 AH @ 1.900 15pt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Yep, I understand the wrong in that, its why I put up the screenshot, I literally just could not bring myself to post it before the end of the game. It was part of my log and would have been posted either way, its cool if you don't believe that. The log is only for myself.

I believe you but it defeats the purpose of a log if you include bets after they have run and were never posted. I don't care myself but if people are following your bets then they may not be impressed.
    •The third rule of the Gambling forum is you do not afterpost. The fourth rule of the Gambling forum is you do not afterpost. The fifth rule of the gambling forum…. You get the idea. Afterposting is coming on here telling everybody about how much you won off a 12 fold accumulator. Unless you posted it on the forum beforehand, no-one cares. It’s very frowned upon around these parts.

I'm not doing it posting about it to be smart, but having a balance of +40 whatever when it should really be +10 is misleading for anyone who comes across the thread.

jive wrote: »
    I believe you but it defeats the purpose of a log if you include bets after they have run and were never posted. I don't care myself but if people are following your bets then they may not be impressed.

I'm not doing it posting about it to be smart, but having a balance of +40 whatever when it should really be +10 is misleading for anyone who comes across the thread.

I understand and agree with you, but I have seen it done before with no problems so didnt see it as being a big issue. As said, it would have been added to the log regardless, and as I also said, the log is for me, it is not a tipping log whatsoever, I said that in the first post.

Again, I do agree with you though.

RoPS won 2-0

+13.50

Its very clear, stay away from the Euros, I make money. Have to stay disciplined about that this time

Bank 157.33

One Euro bet so far because it is too good to turn down

Italy to win to nil is 11/10 currently with bet365

5pts

One Euro bet so far because it is too good to turn down

Italy to win to nil is 11/10 currently with bet365

5pts

Better effort from the lads this time overall but the bet still came in, comfortably enough it has to be said.

+5.5

I know Im late, the games have just kicked off, but my bets for the evening, Euros unfrotunately are

Over 2.5 goals in France v Sweden and England to win

5pts each both even money

obviously no time for write up

I know Im late, the games have just kicked off, but my bets for the evening, Euros unfrotunately are

Over 2.5 goals in France v Sweden and England to win

5pts each both even money

obviously no time for write up

England win, yay...
    How the French game finished under 2.5 is beyond me and fcuk France too, they have just re joined my black list.

Break even

• Advertisement

Bank 162.83

Norway Cup

Stromsgodset v Notodden

The home team are top of the Tippeligaen, one of the strongest teams in Norway and Notodden are one of the worst teams in the Adeccoligaen.

They have managed just one goal away from home this season in five games, (conceding 14) and Stromsgodset have managed 4 wins in a row on home soil.

The kicker is that Notodden are without the first and second choice goalkeepers today and one of their first choice defenders.

The only negative is that this is a cup game and we all know what can happen in cup games, this should simply not be anything but a comfortable home win, the odds on that outright are too skinny (2/11 generally) so the bet will be for Stromsgodset to win -2 on AH @1.7

10pts staked

Am looking into another couple of bets too and will be able to give write ups if I choose to go ahead with them.

Advertisement