Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kryo's Sports Bets!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

kryogen wrote: »
    Swedish Superstratten

Brommapojkarna v Angelholm

Close game on paper, and in all likelihood will be a close game on the field, but Im going with the home team because of their fantastic form at home, 5 wins in the last 5 home games and they are unbeaten there this season, doing well sitting in 5th place in the table.

The opponents are in 6th place, again strong at home but weaker away from home, with just 1 win in their last 5 away games, only 1 loss too though with 3 draws, so as I said it should be very close.

I think the odds represent decent value and thats the main reasoning behind my bet, my actual match prediction is a 2-1 home win

Brommapojkarna @1.975 5pt

Can call this one though I think they are still playing, 4-0 Bromm last time I checked, 5 minutes to go, so it breaks the 2 bet losing streak at least!

+4.87

Bitching out of the Spain game in terms of the log, but I have put 50 on Spain to win outside the log and will do something in play later

Dont like the no striker formation!

Bank 153.32 +53.32

97a8aa56e85fec4b226e840e03f65f61.png

Got this on just after kick off, Santos resting a few players, missed the Gremio one but got this just in time, hopefully Sao Paolo take advantage

Sao Paolo 6pt @5/6

No time for a write up obviously as I literally forgot the game was kicking off early and just about got on, when I went back to bet365 Sao Paolo had scored also, I was unaware of this at the time of posting or I would have just left it out of the log altogether.

Sao Paolo grab a 1-0 win

+5

Bank 158.32

Its a real shame I didnt get on here a bit earlier because I had also done these bets which would have been nice to go in the log :) and waiting on River Plate for another double

(Shameless boasting but I needed the confidence boost after the Euros!)

fb9f6d6acf9de5f27a4314e0cb315215.png?1339370095

5a786b3920cd3069e4bef9755b0a6ab6.png

Edit: looks like I jinxed my 4/11 part of the double River Plate :)

Batter a team for 76 minutes, get your goal, get in the lead, then gift the other team a goal with 9 minutes to go to ruin all the good work!:)

Double Edit:
    lol late winner for River, double jinx FTW!

4 out of 4 tonight :) that has me smiling again. Looking forward to tomorrow now

• Advertisement

Ok, couple of bets for today

Euro 2012

Ukraine v Sweden

I am going with Sweden here @ 9/5 as they are a superior team, they have some quality players and quite simply that price is just too big imo. Ukraine have not even played a competitve game in a couple of years and may be caught cold also, the pressure on them as a host country could have the same effect as it had on Poland, i.e make them nervous in front of a demanding home support.

They haven't been helped by the manager saying he will win the tournament either. They lost in a friendly to Turkey last week which was not a good omen while Sweden are a stolid team, defensivley sound and have quality in the likes of Kallstrom Ibra and Elmander, who was passed fit to put them to the sword.

The home support will not be enough to save the Ukraine here I feel.

7.5pts @ 9/5

Also a double for me too

BATE Borisov match to be under 2.5 goals @9/10 win (thanks HS) and Sweden DNB @evns

7.5pts

Going to add one more

Over 2.5 goals in Sweden v Ukraine @6/5

5pts

+6

Playing about with over 4.5 cards @ evens also

Referee has form

Doing the over 4.5 cards @ evens -5pts -5
    Also Sweden -1 on the Asian @4.65 2.5pts -2.5
    Ibra 1st goal and Sweden win 8/1 - 2.5pts -2.5

Ended up with a lot of bets for this one, the last two are not expected winners but the -1 really has a decent shot imo.

Total staked so far today 30pts

Disaster of a day, again when it comes to Euros betting, Im done with it till the knock outs for sure now.

Bank 139.32 +39.32

The Euros is battering my profits so will be focusing elsewhere until I can get a handle on it

Japan DNB (more reasoning on it in the football thread) @5/6 v Australia in the Asia Cup/WC Qualifiers Asia

12pt staked

Game to be over 2.5 goals 13/10

2pt staked

Kagawa Anytime 7/2

1pt

• Advertisement

Japan DNB (more reasoning on it in the football thread) @5/6 v Australia in the Asia Cup/WC Qualifiers Asia

12pt staked

Game to be over 2.5 goals 13/10

2pt staked

Kagawa Anytime 7/2

1pt

The chant " The referees a wanker" has never really been more appropriate then right now

Japan really should have won that game pretty easily tbh, too much farting about in good positions most of the time coupled with a ref that, well, lets just say is not on my christmas list.

Main bet pushed, other two lost

Bank 136.32

Not bothered doing a write up tbh, whats the point?

Osters IF v Assyriska Foren

Osters to win @ 4/5 10pts +8

I know I know, I said no more Euros betting till the knock outs, I simply couldn't leave this alone, they hate each other and when they ref gets going he is a machine with the cards, over 5 in 7 of his last 10 games I think. Huge possibility of blood on the fireld and off it tonight

Poland v Russia Card Line over 4 @ 1.9 5pts Push disgustingly!

Bank 144.32

Finally made up my mind regarding the basketball later, with a lot of help from Ade and his excellent reasoning in his own log and I have gone with my gut also and done OKC -5 @10/11

Can't say much more then Ade said, OKC are the younger team, they will be fresher and they are the up and coming team in the NBA, they are excellent at home and have covered the spread 4 times in a row now I believe.

Lebron has played two massive games in a row and to play three huge games, which is what would be required I feel as they are on the road is a very big ask.

Large stake on this

22pts

No write up

Olimpia Asuncion v Libertad Asuncion

1st plays 3rd, my money is going on 3rd!

5pts DNB @11/10
    1pt win @15/8

Ah should have left it alone and just enjoyed the spectacle, Libertad came out firing, scored after 6 minutes, had chances to increase the lead but blew them and 5 minutes before half time Olimpia equalized, Olimpia came out the second half looking better and went ahead 5 minutes into it, then Libertad successfully wasted chance after chance!

Thats life :) Some game

Finally made up my mind regarding the basketball later, with a lot of help from Ade and his excellent reasoning in his own log and I have gone with my gut also and done OKC -5 @10/11

Can't say much more then Ade said, OKC are the younger team, they will be fresher and they are the up and coming team in the NBA, they are excellent at home and have covered the spread 4 times in a row now I believe.

Lebron has played two massive games in a row and to play three huge games, which is what would be required I feel as they are on the road is a very big ask.

Large stake on this

22pts

Damn right doggie!

The log needed that confidencde boosting big win :)

+20

Oh and what a frickin team!

Bank 158.32 +58.32

No standout bet today yet in the football, other then BTTS in the Holland/Germany game but thats off limits!

Trying to figure out whether I should include my golf bets in this log or not

eh I have given in, BTTS in the Germany/Holland game

5pts 8/11 win +3.66

Bet for later

Santos v Corinthians

Santos @ 4/5

At home they are very strong, won all their Copa matches at home this year and rested their key men v Sao Paolo the other day to ensure all are fighting fit and ready to go tonight, Ganso returning will be a huge boost and Neymar is of course in very good form. They are the best team in South America and I will back them to get the win tonight.

Corinthians are also a very good team, the play extremely defensive away from home and will look to not concede tonight first and foremost, they have the striker Liedson who is good also and can punish teams who do not watch him properly.

This will be tight, but the odds for a Santos win are good.

10pts @ 4/5

Adding Santos to win to nil also @ 13/8 5pts

• Advertisement

After deciding to go with the Santos to win to nil bet i have decided to up my stake on a straight out Santos win too

Added another 10pts @4/5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

What's the reasoning behind the Santos win? Solid enough is it?

Looking to make some quick cash :p

Blatter wrote: »
    What's the reasoning behind the Santos win? Solid enough is it?

Looking to make some quick cash :p

Nothing more to add really that I didnt say in the original post, they are the best team in south america, they are very strong at home, have a 100% home record in the Copa, they were able to rest key men to keep everybody fresh for this. They have Ganso back, Neymar is Neymar :)

Corinthians are a very strong team too though, they are particularly strong defensively, I think they will play for a 0-0 here, try nick a goal if they can and Im hoping Santos will be able to break them down. They have Liedson up front who is a very good striker too and are always capable of a goal but for this one I think they will be happy to come away without getting beat.

I find it impossible to turn down Santos at that price tbh, they can beat anybody and normally will beat everybody at home :)

All outcomes are possible here of course, Corinthians could get a draw, could even nick a win, I don't ever recommend people to follow my bets from this log, all I will say is that, I have staked 20pts on them to win here, in the real world I have placed 150euro on them to win. I have place 5pts on the win to nil in the log, that translates to 32euro real money for that bet.

I am heavily invested in them tonight :) The basketball last night made me huge profit though and the BTTS bets today though, had another few bets come in away from the log too so not really gonna lose anything if they don't win.

Hope that helps?

I'm very sorry, I didn't read your reasoning in the original post. I saw Santos and 4/5, completely switched off and forgot you had posted more. Long day :pac:

That sounds a good enough bet, particularly liking the fact that they were able to rest players for this - always a key factor.

Have a 25 euro free bet with BetVictor and they are 17/20 on that, so I'll throw it on. I wouldn't mind watching this match anyway, so nice to have a bit more interest in it.

I'm very sorry, I didn't read your reasoning in the original post. I saw Santos and 4/5, completely switched off and forgot you had posted more. Long day :pac:

That sounds a good enough bet, particularly liking the fact that they were able to rest players for this - always a key factor.

Have a 25 euro free bet with BetVictor and they are 17/20 on that, so I'll throw it on. I wouldn't mind watching this match anyway, so nice to have a bit more interest in it.

Its a late kick off just so you know!

2am or so

Few cups of coffee and I'll be grand :p

Just one more cause I wanna make a double of it, Santos tonight and Boca tomorrow

Santos -.5 @1.9
    Boca 4/5

5pt double

Few cups of coffee and I'll be grand :p

I won't I'm shattered! Up all night with the basketball, got to bed and was back up at 8am :(

Running on fumes right now so I'm off in a minute to dream of a Neymar hattrick :D

Disaster! I didnt watch the game... Lost 1 - 0 neymar was poor i read, sadly when that happens santos find it hard... Sorry to anyone who followed, i will have to watch the game to see what happened.

Sickening feeling to wake up to.

• Advertisement

Corinthians were quite good defensively it has to be said, completely nullified Neymar.

Once they got the first goal (which was a great strike btw) it was always going to be an uphill task.

Have a small bet on over 2.5 goals in Croatia/Italy game, think there's value there at 6/4.

Advertisement