Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Wait till after the scan and then say it, act stupid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Scruff101

Hi all, was 13 weeks yesterday, feel like I'm in a 'safer' place but at the same time I am still nervous, suppose that's normal for a first pregnancy! I have the tiniest bump, only I would really notice it, it only really started to poke out this week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

[/QUOTE]

I went to see my GP yesterday because I got real bad eczema over the weekend and now I am confused because she said the place where I am to have my scan is normally only for private patients. I am going public (at least this is what I said I wanted), of course I forgot to ask her to have a look in the system for me to see if there is a mistake, but now I don't know what to do on Monday.

I really want to have my 12 week appointment, but I don't want to pay for it either if I can help it - should I say something at reception or just wait and see if they ask me to pay afterwards? Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

I would call and ask beforehand if possible....then again I'm one of those better safe than sorry kind of people...I just worry about everything haha!

You have eczema? is that a pregnancy thing? I find that I'm having lots of dry skin on my face right now (combined with spots...how does that work?!?) its driving me mad since I dont know whether or not to moisturize since I might break out more!

Scruff101- Yay for the bump!! I was getting worried because I havn't started to show at all yet! Infact my pants are still fitting fine....some are just a little uncomfortable compared to before! I guess it can just take a while before the bump comes! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Rachineire wrote: »

I went to see my GP yesterday because I got real bad eczema over the weekend and now I am confused because she said the place where I am to have my scan is normally only for private patients. I am going public (at least this is what I said I wanted), of course I forgot to ask her to have a look in the system for me to see if there is a mistake, but now I don't know what to do on Monday.

I really want to have my 12 week appointment, but I don't want to pay for it either if I can help it - should I say something at reception or just wait and see if they ask me to pay afterwards? Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

I would call and ask beforehand if possible....then again I'm one of those better safe than sorry kind of people...I just worry about everything haha!

You have eczema? is that a pregnancy thing? I find that I'm having lots of dry skin on my face right now (combined with spots...how does that work?!?) its driving me mad since I dont know whether or not to moisturize since I might break out more!

Scruff101- Yay for the bump!! I was getting worried because I havn't started to show at all yet! Infact my pants are still fitting fine....some are just a little uncomfortable compared to before! I guess it can just take a while before the bump comes! :)[/Quote]

Piper101 wrote: »

I really want to have my 12 week appointment, but I don't want to pay for it either if I can help it - should I say something at reception or just wait and see if they ask me to pay afterwards? Any ideas?

Scruff101- Yay for the bump!! I was getting worried because I havn't started to show at all yet! Infact my pants are still fitting fine....some are just a little uncomfortable compared to before! I guess it can just take a while before the bump comes! :)[/Quote][/Quote]

Oops! Tried to reply and ended up posting rachineires comment again, sorry mods can you delete that pls!

Rachineire my skin is pretty appalling too but I'm figuring by the end of the 1st trimester it'll sort itself out (wishful thinking!?), also am going around rubbing a little bump but again thinking my bloated belly might be getting a bit too much encouragement ahhh well if that what makes us happy!!

Question for you all, had my scan and appt at 11 wks instead of 12 ( the hospitals choice not mine) can I treat that as my 12 week scan and finally tell people I'm pregnant and not just turned into uncommunicative hermit-like creature??

• Advertisement

Scruff101- Yay for the bump!! I was getting worried because I havn't started to show at all yet! Infact my pants are still fitting fine....some are just a little uncomfortable compared to before! I guess it can just take a while before the bump comes! :)
    [/Quote]

Oops! Tried to reply and ended up posting rachineires comment again, sorry mods can you delete that pls!

Rachineire my skin is pretty appalling too but I'm figuring by the end of the 1st trimester it'll sort itself out (wishful thinking!?), also am going around rubbing a little bump but again thinking my bloated belly might be getting a bit too much encouragement ahhh well if that what makes us happy!!

Question for you all, had my scan and appt at 11 wks instead of 12 ( the hospitals choice not mine) can I treat that as my 12 week scan and finally tell people I'm pregnant and not just turned into uncommunicative hermit-like creature??[/QUOTE]

I thought I was 12 weeks at my scan but I was really 11 weeks 2 days but we still made the big announcement! I was tired of avoiding outings and apparently a lot of people had sussed it out since I was no longer smoking and had started to "drive" a lot instead of drinking on the nights out!

I say if you really want to and you feel comfortable then tell away! It was so exciting to be able to show the picture of the scan and tell our friends and family!

haha ok I messed up at the quoting thing as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

That was my initial idea, but I am just too scared they might cancel the appointment if it really is a mistake, and then I think there is little chance I get another anytime soon.

Re the eczema, yes it is a pregnancy thing, I had very dry skin for the first two months and suddenly it broke out last weekend without any trigger I can think of. Now I am to wash with water only and have cortison-based creams fromthe GP that I am allowed to use for another few days (and it is getting better, although slowly).

I wish I could help you re the moisturise or not moisturise, but maybe a hypoallergenic moisturiser like e45 would be an idea, with that you can almost be sure that it won't cause reactions (my GP said 'almost, since you can never know with pregnancy).

jeni wrote: »
    Wait till after the scan and then say it, act stupid :)

I think this is what I am going to do, I think if I really end up having to pay it is still better than not to have the scan. I have the feeling I have a better chance getting out of the mistake (should I really be in for private although asking for public) if I take their service without previous knowledge. And maybe the hospital has just changed their policy, who knows.

YAY for all the bumps, and YAY for all of you not showing, wearing the same pants for another few weeks really isn't the worst thing :)

Piper, I think I would start telling people, it is just such a nice feeling to share the news with others, and 11 weeks is a long time, if I were you I'd burst!

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

I would say as soon as you have a scan around the 12 weeks mark you are okay to spread the word! Its such a weight off my shoulders, hated hiding things from people, found I was nearly avoiding them!

Has anybody looked into any type of exercise classes yet? I do a bit of cycling and thinking of yoga now.

this is the first week ive been able to think about exercise classes, had neither the energy or inclination up until now! was out shopping with my charming mother yesterday who, when I begged not to climb another set of stairs, told me I needed the exercise!

thinking of aqua aerobics, dont know if id be able for yoga :)

• Advertisement

by the way, anyone else a first time mum? I am and I'm the first of all my friends, its a bit of a lonely place to be esp considering the other half is working abroad until November, he'll be home for a couple of weeks in September but thats it...in fairness though my friends have been brilliant but I'm trying not to bore them by talking too much about babies!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Scruff101

Piper101, I'm another first time Mum, and the first outof my friends to have a baby!! It's all so new but very exciting!!

I'm a first time mom as well! I am not the first of my friends to have a baby though! I'm american and so most of my friends from the states already have kids...a few friends over here in Ireland have had babies and a friend is having one in July. I still feel like I dont want to talk too much baby stuff with non-baby having friends though cause it will bore them....although my thoughts are beginning to be consumed by it!

Ah piper dont know how you are managing with the OH being away! my poor OH has become servant man especially in the evenings after work when my back is in bits!

I was looking into pregnancy yoga....saw one for limerick online but cant start until 14 weeks...was going to call next week. Not sure if you have to get into a set of classes at a certain time though. There is pregnancy pilates down here as well but its very dear!

Also a first time mum! Not the first among my friends, but I am really glad I had two friends try this out just recently.

I was looking at classes as well and I have pregnancy yoga sort of in the area, they are 80 EUR for 5 classes, also seems quite expensive since ideally I would be going to 20+ classes really. Does that about match the prices you get in Limerick or Dublin? Haven't seen anything else around here so far, was hoping for aqua aerobics or pregnancy pilates or something too but haven't found anything here yet.

was managing fine, bar a couple of overemotional outbursts on the phone to the poor sod, until this morning when had a bit of brown discharge (TMI?) and completely freaked out.

Rang the hospital who dont seem too worried but told me to keep an eye on it, it was only a tiny amount and the midwife said that brown blood is old blood so im holding it together again (just about)...has this happened to anyone?

I'd probably freak too if that happened :(
    hope you can keep the relative calm and not stress more. The hospital reaction at least is a good indicator that it's nothing too bad. vhi have a midwife nurse line which I found very helpful, maybe others have something similar, just to chat to someone else and get a second opinion if that would help. I heard this can happen if you overdo it, as in too much cleaning, too much walking, too much anything really.
    Good thing tomorrow is Monday so you can go to a GP just to be sure. Hope you don't get any more of this and all is going well. Take care and treat yourself to a duvet day or some ice cream or anything that makes you feel better if you can.

was managing fine, bar a couple of overemotional outbursts on the phone to the poor sod, until this morning when had a bit of brown discharge (TMI?) and completely freaked out.

Rang the hospital who dont seem too worried but told me to keep an eye on it, it was only a tiny amount and the midwife said that brown blood is old blood so im holding it together again (just about)...has this happened to anyone?

Oh dear! Well I hope everything is ok- I would probably freak out as well! I've read in a couple of places that its quite common to have that happen in the first couple of months as your body adjusts and that its quite normal! Are you going to head to the GP tomorrow still?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Hi, I am having the same experience too. Its not the first time, at 5 weeks I had some bleeding, like you described, very light and brownish, I went to my GP who recommended I go for a private scan to put my mind at rest, I was was glad i did, as everything was fine, and I saw the heartbeat. So last week I had my first "offical" scan through the coombe and again everything was great, looking good, infact I am further along than I thought (13 weeks not 12) But then 2 days later I have light bleeding again, so I dont really know what to do either, I know logicaly it is probably nothing, but I cant help worrying. I havent called my GP yet, as today there was nothing, just a bit yesterday and Saturday. How have you been since?

BTW I posted in the pregnancy boards back when it first happened to get oopinions of people who were further along and got some very reassuring replies from women who experienced bleeding throughout their pregnancies who went on to have healthy pregnancies.

thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056615952

Piper I hope all is well today! Had a rough day....just ending my first trimester and have felt terrible all day! Went very faint at work this morning and then was nauseous and throwing up throughout the day. Went to the doctor and everything checked out fine. I guess its my body's way of saying I can't do everything I used to do.

Also extremely emotional today! crying for no reason and the like! Feeling like a total mess...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭CeNedra

Hi Guys,

I too am hitting a wall. I have just sailed through the first 3 months (am 13 weeks today) and it is only in the past week that I am feeling rotten.
    I caught a cold last week and just can't kick it. My throat is sore today.
    I feel like I could faint at any stage, didn't have the energy to walk down to the canteen at work so just sat here at my desk instead.
    I went to the Dr. last week and all seems o.k. and I must just have a virus, I need rest. But my husband is away with work since last week and I am at home with 2 smallies or at work myself. Non stop. No rest. Both of my small ones are sick and I'm worried they are brewing chicken pox and I believe they were exposed to it in the past couple of weeks.

Anyway, I am posting because I feel particularly rotten right now. Have decided to take some paracetamol to try to get through the work day.

Obviously I'm feeling right sorry for myself, will feel better after a good night sleep!!

• Advertisement

CeNedra wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I too am hitting a wall. I have just sailed through the first 3 months (am 13 weeks today) and it is only in the past week that I am feeling rotten.
    I caught a cold last week and just can't kick it. My throat is sore today.
    I feel like I could faint at any stage, didn't have the energy to walk down to the canteen at work so just sat here at my desk instead.
    I went to the Dr. last week and all seems o.k. and I must just have a virus, I need rest. But my husband is away with work since last week and I am at home with 2 smallies or at work myself. Non stop. No rest. Both of my small ones are sick and I'm worried they are brewing chicken pox and I believe they were exposed to it in the past couple of weeks.

Anyway, I am posting because I feel particularly rotten right now. Have decided to take some paracetamol to try to get through the work day.

Obviously I'm feeling right sorry for myself, will feel better after a good night sleep!!
    Ah I feel for you! I'm exhausted and I don't even have two littles at home! I hope you are able to get some rest and start feeling better soon!
    *hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

CeNedra wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Hope things improve for you soon if they have not already.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Turning into an emotional wreak lol, cried 3 times since last night,

1. They solved a crime in csi, (sobbing)
    2. My husband put my bab to bed n read her a story (he does this every night)
    3. Dropped babs to crèche, there off to the zoo today, cried the whole way home.

Lol I was like this the first time the whole way through thought I'd gotten away with it this time looks like it has started :p:P

They solved a crime in csi - thanks jeni that made me smile. I had to cry yesterday when I realised I bought a faulty year planner which is missing July - I got all excited to put in my next appointments and holidays!

I find this last stretch of the first trimester pretty hard on me as well, was in bed at around 8 the last few days, to wake up sore and be tired again about 10 minutes after breakfast already. Back is killing me. Eczema is still there, yet a lot better than last week so I was hardly scratching it anymore. Still showering with water only and on my appointment on Monday the obstetrician went almost panicky telling me to stop taking the cream the GP prescribed to me immediately. Back to scratching more again as a result.

But I had all the tests now, loads of blood taken for all types of things, was weighed, had another scan and the most important "it all seems healthy, it all looks normal" from the doc. Considering to sleep through week 13, except that before the diary incident I got all over-excited booking me in for a dental checkup on Friday (and also sorted pregnancy yoga)!

seems like there are a few of us who are having a rough end of the first trimester! After this weekend I will offically be in my second trimester...I'm mostly excited and only slightly apprehensive at the thought of having a baby in my life!

My uber emotional state is here to stay i think though! I was yelled at by a customer over the phone today and managed to hold it together until I got off the phone and then immediately burst into tears! My poor manager had no clue what to do lol

Has anyone else found any other pregnancy yoga classes in or around limerick? I've only found the one and I think since classes started in april I might not be able to get into a class anytime soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

four months yesterday,has anyone had any headaces the past few days,had them for 3 or 4 days n only went there yesterday back was sore n tummie was to as baby has been pushing my bummie so it has been sore the odd day n had been sick due to it,only geting back to myself today,but this rain isnt helping was ive got abit of a cold now but doing fine,cant eat all my dinner the odd time with the way i was,love fruit, loop de loop icepops,yops ect love my sundays dinners not only have it on sunday during the week to,hope everyone is feeling better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

im doing the odd yoga class in my daughters school,which is good as her school does all tipes of classes for the parents in her school,the yoga tipes help the odd time when the baby is pushing my tummie out n hurting my side it helps so thats good.

[...]

Has anyone else found any other pregnancy yoga classes in or around limerick? I've only found the one [...]

Only had a quick look for you on Rollercoaster.ie because I found a lot there for my area, maybe this helps: http://www.rollercoaster.ie/Directory/tabid/172/CurrentPage/1/Sort/Name/PageSize/50/County/18/Category/32/DirectoryAdvert/0/currentpage/3/Default.aspx

Worth calling even though you think classes started in April, sometimes people sign up and then change their mind or find they aren't comfortable with the instructor or the time of the class. The one in my area started a week before I rang, but someone dropped out - so I get to take her spot and pay less for the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ferrari22

Hi Piper....Go to your GP to ease your mind. He/she should send you for a precautionary scan (they may call it an emergency scan but this is just how you will be classified in order to get you seen to immediately). I've just gone through this early this week for the same reasons as you.

Like you I had same spotting (morning time every day albeit a small bit) from week 7 to this week (it's W10.2 for me now). It didn't freak me out in the beginning but as the days went on it was wrecking my head more and more, particularly as I am a first timmer.

Anyway, thought it best to go to my GP for his opinion last Monday and he sent me in for a precautionary scan to check. I was into the Rotunda Tuesday morning (early pregancy unit) - rang eve before when I left doctors, appointment made for 11 next morning showed up at 10 and left at 10.30 with peace of mind. Scan showed everything as it should be and doctor there told me brown spotting is old blood and nothing to worry about unless in large amounts, more red than blood and accompanied with cramps.

I would highly recommend you go - especially if it means not having to freak out about what you might see every time you go to the loo!!! It's good to be able to pee in peace:)

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the support and advice,

sorry i haven't been back on, to be honest it was a tiny amount last Sunday (it was brownish-yellow, tmi?) and had nothing since. The midwife in the hospital wasn't too concerned and my mam reassured me by saying that it happened to her. Have been on knicker watch all week though!!!

I'm off on Tuesday so might call into the g.p. for a check-up, had an 11 week scan and trying to stop myself going for another private scan. I've had three scans in 11 weeks and only one was official!!! I'm semi-private so I get charged for every extra scan so if the Dr thinks I should I'll just pay for a private place near the surgery.

Anyway, feel a lot better about the whole thing...

Advertisement