Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

xiwang wrote: »
    Only had a quick look for you on Rollercoaster.ie because I found a lot there for my area, maybe this helps: http://www.rollercoaster.ie/Directory/tabid/172/CurrentPage/1/Sort/Name/PageSize/50/County/18/Category/32/DirectoryAdvert/0/currentpage/3/Default.aspx

Worth calling even though you think classes started in April, sometimes people sign up and then change their mind or find they aren't comfortable with the instructor or the time of the class. The one in my area started a week before I rang, but someone dropped out - so I get to take her spot and pay less for the course.

Thanks for the advice! Must check that out :)

Piper glad everything has gone better for you! Hope everything stays good! Its such a relief when you know that everything is ok! :D

My back has finally stopped hurting everyday! I'm guessing that means that baby is moving up? Also still not showing even a little bit! Not really complaining as im wearing all of my normal clothes...just wondering when its going to happen haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭CeNedra

So I started taking an antibiotic last week as I was fighting an infection for 2 weeks and just couldn't beat it on my own. I feel human today and glad I gave in. Turned a corner today I think. I also got my 2nd scan today, the baby looks great and the Dr said that I needed the antibiotic and it will not harm the baby.

I know a few of you have commented how its weird to think about all that movement on the inside, and not feel anything. That is exactly how I felt. I am so delighted the baby is doing well, it is so weird as I am not showing either at this stage, besides being sick unrelated to pregnancy, I don't feel in anyway different.
    On my last 2 pregnancies I was up a clothes size at this stage and pure exhausted, completely different this time round so far. The heartburn hasn't kick in yet thankfully........

I am finding out the sex in 5 weeks, that should be interesting, didn't do that on my previous pregnancies. I already have 2 girls and the Dr. today told me I'd most likely have another girl. I had to laugh, he obviously is assuming we are going for the boy. In reality the only reason I'm pregnant is that we were careless at some stage and we got caught out. Hilarious at my age but the baby, regardless of sex, will be very welcome. I'd be lucky to get another like I currently have as I'm blessed with beautiful healthy girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Rachinere, cenedra, I really want to show too! I'm only 13 weeks on Thursday so I'm guessing I've another few weeks to go, there's nothing doing there yet

I know, its kinda frustrating about the showing thing. Like, I enjoy my clothes fitting and want to wear them for as long as possible but at the same time I want proof! A lot of times when I tell people I'm expecting thier eyes immediately shoot to my midsection. I kinda feel like they think im a liar cause there is no bump haha!

I've got some sort of cold/sinus infection. so not fair. Pregnant women should get a pass on all colds/flus ect.

CeNedra, is the doctor just assuming its going to be a girl since youve had two others or is there something to that...if girls run in a family then the chances are more likely for a girl? Yeah a lot of people do assume if you have one of one sex, then you automatically want one of another. We dont have any boys on my side of the family (all of my cousins on both sides included!) but I still want a girl :D But realistically if it was a healthy happy baby I don't care what it is!
    Oh and fingers crossed for no heartburn for you! I havnt had any yet and am dreading if I do get it! I HATE heartburn!

Dr. said that because I already have 2 girls, chances are more like 60/40 that I will have another one (as that is what my husband has 'given me' to-date). To be fair, I think he was trying to set expectations so that I'm not disappointed. It is a new Dr for me as my previous consultant has retired so we don't know each other at all.

The assumption that everybody must have is that we are 'trying for the boy' and not 'shocked as hell' that we got caught out:) My husband is busily looking at boys names this evening and I've already picked out a girls name.

The heart burn was hell, I went through a bottle of gaviscon every 2 days or so, 1 in the car, 1 at work and 1 at home on the go at all times. Absolute horrible. Much worse on my 1st than 2nd though so you just never know. Try and avoid it if you can!!:)

I've told nobody at work that I'm expecting so probably a good thing I'm not showing yet ... will wait a month or so fingers crossed before I break that little news gem .......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Piper, how are you doing?

How is everyones energy levels? I was feeling a lot better but seemed to have developed a regular evening nap habit again!

Keep finding myself looking at my scan photos to make sure it is all real!!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Defo having those nap habits :)
    Had my 13 week scan everything went great :)
    But....... My blood pressure was too high, so I done natta all week went n got my blood pressure done today n now it's too low aaaargh how do I win :P

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

hay everyone sorry havent been on lately havent been all the best bad pains in head think it was due to a head cold,very sore the past three days found it sore walking as my tummie was sore n last night couldnt sleep due to pain in tummie baby pushing every part of tummie so was sore but doing fine,it is true when ur pregnant on ur 2nd child u feel everything n it does hurt no lie but pain goes after a while.

jeni i dont think we every do win it should go back to normal soon,stress can cos it to go up,just rest any heavy lifting get himself to do it,my hubbie just found out yesterday he has a slip disc its not that bad wont need an op yet,he told me ive not to lift anything heavy thats for him to do.just hope others see it that way was im four months pregnant n we dont want anything happen to the baby,picking out baby names have 5 girls names n two boys names so far.

find it great sorting out baby names my 5 year old daughter has pickd two names out n hubbie has n ive pickd four out n we all like the names we all pickd out so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Corona123

Hi,
    I'm new to Boards. I wanted to write something on boards but wanted to wait for my scan!! I had my 12 week scan yesterday, cried through it!! I was so happy to see the little one, so amazing, the most fabulous & weird feeling in the world! It's my first & I'm 40 & I can't wait for it all to happen. Due date is 24.12.12!! Roll on Christmas!!

Congratulations!! The first pregnancy is special as everything is so new. Hope all goes well and you enjoy every minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Corona123

CeNedra wrote: »
    Congratulations!! The first pregnancy is special as everything is so new. Hope all goes well and you enjoy every minute.
    Thanks I will!!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Welcome to the gang Corona!!

Got Bio Oil on sale in McCabes pharmacy if anyone is interested, €15 for a big bottle.

Congrats Corona! Welcome to the december gang!

Went to my first antenatal class last friday...was so much longer than I was expecting it to be! I actually left after 2 hours...I had so much to do and I felt like the midwife wasn't saying anything I didn't already know! I feel like the later on classes will be more helpful as they will be about labor and taking care of the baby and hospital tour and ect. The best part was the physio lesson! I love those big exercise balls and plan on getting one soon!
    I've been having a lot of back issue- said it to the physio and she is going to try and get me into the clinic...I'm 16 weeks along but she says that really early for back pain!
    Anyone else having lots of back pain?

pennies have the bio oil in for 7 euros i think it is,im getting it in the morning

was just in the docs for my check up n doc said that the baby is very active as it took he a while to get the heart beat cos the baby kept moving when the doc went near him/her,the doc kept calling the baby he when he was doing the ultrasound even tho i dont know what im having yet,dont know weather to find out what we're having or not hubbie is the same we're 50/50.

Ah I truly believe there are very few real suprises in life and I intend not to find out, big suprise for me on new years eve :)

My little girl was the first girl on his side in 35 years so she was an even bigger suprise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

So I was wondering how many of you are showing yet? I'm 15w4d and don't seem to be getting any bigger. Still fit most of my clothes, I put on about 5lbs but no real bump yet. Also anyone else a worrier like me? I'm freaking out about everything. Wish I could relax and enjoy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

Rachineire, I have had back pains over the last weeks, I started pregnancy yoga and that really helps, also got a bouncy ball and the odd time sitting on it also does wonders for my back.

We are not sure about finding out or not, first we were convinced we would, but some friends said they wished they hadn't found out, so we are with mixed feelings about it. Sort of want to, but not finding out would seem more natural somehow. I guess we have some more weeks to make our minds up, no scan until the end of next month anyhow.

Re not showing, I think it mainly means you eat very healthy and had a good starting weight with good belly muscles or had a very rough time with morning sickness, but nothing to worry about as far as I know. I am 15 weeks today, put on 5lbs as well and already 6cm in belly circumference, which is way too much, so I am a bit worried too. Don't think this worrying is likely to stop for the next twenty years or so ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

On your 1st you will not show for a while then the bump seems to appear overnight:)

im only showing now,only me hubbie n my daughter n family can see it that im showing n im 18 weeks,n i havent put on much weight as i had a abit of weight on my b4 been pregnant,so was happy that people didnt notice it only family when i was been sick,my bump is only small n i dont think the baby will be over 6 or 7 pounds when he or she is born as myself n hubbie were 714 n my daughter was only 6 pound when born so grand there.plus baby doesnt feel big at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fisherwoman

Hi, I am 17 weeks and have a little bump, my work trousers are not closing at the top. Got a good tip, if the trousers closes at the top with a button, put an elastic band around the button and thread it through the button whole and wrap it back around the button. It should mean you can wear your trousers for a bit longer!

xiwang wrote: »
    Rachineire, I have had back pains over the last weeks, I started pregnancy yoga and that really helps, also got a bouncy ball and the odd time sitting on it also does wonders for my back.

We are not sure about finding out or not, first we were convinced we would, but some friends said they wished they hadn't found out, so we are with mixed feelings about it. Sort of want to, but not finding out would seem more natural somehow. I guess we have some more weeks to make our minds up, no scan until the end of next month anyhow.

Re not showing, I think it mainly means you eat very healthy and had a good starting weight with good belly muscles or had a very rough time with morning sickness, but nothing to worry about as far as I know. I am 15 weeks today, put on 5lbs as well and already 6cm in belly circumference, which is way too much, so I am a bit worried too. Don't think this worrying is likely to stop for the next twenty years or so ;)

Thanks I really really need to get started on this yoga thing! my work has finally slowed down a bit so i can find the time to do it! I must get a ball as well...I was going to order the miracle in a box set but I dont want to wait for it to ship from the UK...where did you buy yours? was thinking of stopping into lifestyle sports !

I don't know how you girls can go without knowing! I can't wait to find out!! I am counting down the weeks until I get far enough to make the 3d scan worth it! I feel like I'm having a girl and am really hoping for one- my OH tells me to not have any expectations though!

I'm not showing but I can't really suck in my stomach anymore and I think its started to puff out a bit. Now I'm not meant to gain any weight throughout the pregnancy- My BMI is a little higher than what they want and so the midwife told me to try and keep my weight as constant as possible (so far so good!) Hoping I won't gain too much as thats just more to lose after baby is born!

Hi, I am 17 weeks and have a little bump, my work trousers are not closing at the top. Got a good tip, if the trousers closes at the top with a button, put an elastic band around the button and thread it through the button whole and wrap it back around the button. It should mean you can wear your trousers for a bit longer!

Thanks for the tip! I actually got a belly band sent over from America for my birthday this year! If that doesn't work ( I dont feel like it will be as awesome as they say it is!) then I will definately do the rubberband trick!

Moonbeam wrote: »
    On your 1st you will not show for a while then the bump seems to appear overnight:)

Fingers crossed on this..I have a wedding to go to in two weeks and I was sent the perfect little maternity dress for it but I need a bump to go with it haha!

Rachineire wrote: »
    Thanks I really really need to get started on this yoga thing! my work has finally slowed down a bit so i can find the time to do it! I must get a ball as well...I was going to order the miracle in a box set but I dont want to wait for it to ship from the UK...where did you buy yours? [...]

Got mine from Argos for 13 EUR (I think), the green Davina model, 65 cm, which fits me great (1,72 m height). It comes with a pump and a size checker to make sure you pump it to the proper size. The blue Reebok model was also recommended by a friend, she got it early in the pregnancy and it has served her well do this day, junior LOVES when the two of them bounce like back in the good old womb days. You are supposed to get an anti-burst ball, but none of the preggers I know did so I just ignored the anti-burst advise :o

Today I am off hunting for a yoga mat and a bikini, because I booked myself a little beach holiday for next month and I am so excited, I haven't been on a nice warm beach with nice warm water in five years!!

Will defo try the rubber band button trick, just sounds better than leaving the button open, which I did for the last little while when I thought I'd get away with it, but you constantly feel like you are doing something illegal :o

i used a hair bobbib last time i was pregnant, i was able to wear most of my trousers right up till the end :)
    i was in h and m yesterday n got some msternity wear on sale, a fab dress n two tops all reduced to less than half price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mugbags

Woohoooo! Our first baby due December 18th! Visited emergency GP at 13 weeks with severe abdominal pains, she said my fundal measurement was more like 20 weeks and sent me to hospital for a scan, all was well though. Diagnosed bladder infection :( better now though :) Had my 14 week checkup last week with my usual GP and when she used the doppler she could hear 2 separate heartbeats, a strong one on the left and a more faint one on the right :0 She picked out the placenta sound first higher up so wasn't confusing it as another baby. She asked if there are twins in the family (there are!) Could baby #2 have been hiding during the scan??? Have read that this can happen but REALLY?? Can't wait til my next scan in a month's time!

• Advertisement

mugbags wrote: »
    Woohoooo! Our first baby due December 18th! Visited emergency GP at 13 weeks with severe abdominal pains, she said my fundal measurement was more like 20 weeks and sent me to hospital for a scan, all was well though. Diagnosed bladder infection :( better now though :) Had my 14 week checkup last week with my usual GP and when she used the doppler she could hear 2 separate heartbeats, a strong one on the left and a more faint one on the right :0 She picked out the placenta sound first higher up so wasn't confusing it as another baby. She asked if there are twins in the family (there are!) Could baby #2 have been hiding during the scan??? Have read that this can happen but REALLY?? Can't wait til my next scan in a month's time!

Congratulations, that is lovely news! and we share the EDD :)

I heard that it can happen that twins aren't detected for ages, but I guess only time will tell you if it REALLY can happen to you, too.

Advertisement