Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

So how is everyone doing? Just wondering when you are all telling family, we're contemplating telling immediate family in the next week as we have a family weekend away next weekend and I'm pretty sure they will suss my lack of alcohol consumption!! I could try hide it but you know how family always buys you drinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

ooh, so many miracles here :) We had a very early scan this week due to a previous ectopic, everything is where it should be this time and I have not stopped smiling since Wednesday. Even better, the scan was so early that we are to go back for the second scan already in two weeks to see the heartbeat. Haven't told anybody yet really apart from him of course, but now that the first scan went through I think I am going to tell my mother this weekend. Do you feel like telling them FunkSoulSista or do you just feel you have to because of the drink buying? Could you pass it off as a detox maybe if you think it's too early to tell them?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭CeNedra

So after 5 pregnancy tests and all of them positive, I am starting to believe that number 3 is on the way .... this was unplanned, unexpected, but very welcome news.....
    The only thing is I have no clue when I last had a period. I'm pretty certain I must have had one in March, but I'm not sure. The clear blue test said 3+ weeks since conception which has me at 5+ weeks. Tracking that back I think I'm more likely to be 6 weeks but am not sure. I think that I'm due around Christmas.

I'm sure the scan will figure out the dates. Feeling a bit sick this time, never had even 1 sick day on the other two.

Another baby .... what a lovely thought!!

Best of luck to all of you ... lovely time despite the tiredness, cramps, uncertainty etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fisherwoman

FunkSoulSista...we told immediate family straight away, reckoned if something bad happened we would tell them that as well. We are not going to tell any one else until after a scan. Although we think some friends have guessed but they are being very good and not interrogating me on my zero alcohol consumption.

I like the idea of telling close family just for that support, also my sis in law just had a baby so she'd be great to have to gossip to! I'm convinced I'm going around with a big "I'm up the duff" sign on my forehead, I'm the worst liar ever and I hate holding back things from people!! But the only people I would tell at this stage would be the ones that I would want to be there for me if things were to ever go wrong.

Is anyone else finding it all very surreal, I'm sitting here and just keep thinking I'm pregnant, I'm going to have a baby nearly to jolt myself into reality and to get my head around it! Got the book "What to expect" so thats making for some interesting reading so far!!

What treatment is everyone going for, I'm going public in the Rotunda and have registered for combined care with my doctor. She said I can apply for the Domino scheme also if eligible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Just got over a weekend of some sort of stomach flu. I'm about 8 weeks pregnant and thought it just might be the worst morning sickness ever! Being sick is pretty terrible when you can't take any medicene for it! Also debating on when to tell my employer about the pregnancy...I'm worried that if i get sick again I won't be able to take off when I need it...thoughts, advice?

What treatment is everyone going for, I'm going public in the Rotunda and have registered for combined care with my doctor. She said I can apply for the Domino scheme also if eligible?

I'm doing combined care as well- my doctor told me there wouldnt be much of a difference going private besides the cost! What is the domino scheme?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

so nervous but really have a good feeling , am due 28 dec, (also my birthday;) have an early scan at 8weeks so i dont have a long wait for peace of mind, good luck to all mammies, i look forward to spending the next 8 months with you xxx

domino scheme

hiya i went with the domino scheme, and have already applied to do it this time, you have your first appointment and the your scans in the rotunda the rest are in your docs and your local clinic, best part no queing for hours, all my appointments were evening so hubby cud be there no time of work for him, and early release from hospital, and alot of help from district nurse at home (heel prick test at home ect) and you get to know your midwife nurse in the clinic makes it more personal me thinks

really would recommend it to anyone who can get it, ;)

hmmm Im wondering if this is a dublin specific thing....not sure what this rotunda is that keeps on being talked about. Here in Limerick if its not done at your GP its done at the maternity hospital. the only scheme im aware of is the combined care...or maybe ive missed something lol!

• Advertisement

The way I understand it, the Rotunda hospital in Dublin is the only one who calls it Domino Midwives scheme, it and is called Community Midwives scheme in other Dublin hospitals and outside of Dublin. According to Citizensinformation.ie, it is not available in Limerick but in Dublin, Wexford and Waterford, but that article is from 2010 so maybe Limerick has one as well, maybe it's worth asking your GP. The article has some more detailed information on community and midwife-led schemes and advises mothers-to-be to contact maternity services in their area to ask about what is currently on offer. It might be worth a read for some: Flexible maternity services http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/birth_family_relationships/before_your_baby_is_born/flexible_maternity_services.html

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Congrats to all those expecting!
    I'm due end of December though I'm not sure I really believe it yet!
    Myself and my partner are thrilled. this is our first and first grandchild on both sides.
    I'm busy researching which hospital to go for but pretty sure we will go public through Rotunda and with domino midwives if we are in the catchment area.

I can't stop thinking that there's a baby growing inside me....! :D

Thanks xiwang for all of the info!! I will definately check that page out :) So far friends down here the only advice I've been given as far as the maternity goes is to ask for a mid wife after your first appointment cause apparently your waiting time gets cut down by half! My first antenatal appointment (and hopefully scan!) is on the 28th!

i have an early scan on 21st of this month, cant wait for it, from my history i need the peace of mind

also for a giggle the girls n i got our tea leaves read the second i walked in she said ah congrats i see your little girl will have a lil brother by the end of the year ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

The catchment area for the Domino scheme in the Rotunda is Finglas ànd Blanchardstown and I think Cabra.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

hey all!

Can I join your thread? 6 weeks 5 days today so due 27th December although judging by the likelihood I'll go over should prob post in the January thread!

Anyone else suffering from morning sickness? I'm seriously struggling already finding it hard to get excited feeling this down

Piper101 wrote: »
    hey all!

Can I join your thread? 6 weeks 5 days today so due 27th December although judging by the likelihood I'll go over should prob post in the January thread!

Anyone else suffering from morning sickness? I'm seriously struggling already finding it hard to get excited feeling this down

congrats xx
    looks like were around the same time ;)

yukky morning sickness, im just soooo tired i actually feel sick from it, maybe its cuming

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Piper101 wrote: »
    hey all!

Hi Piper101.

Congratulations to you. Yes I'm 7 weeks and I'm also feeling pretty rubbish - and the sick feeling seems to match my work hours (8-1 and 2-6).
    I had to leave a shop on Saturday cos it was airless and stuffy.
    I'm hoping it settles down so I can get back to the excitement :)

Ah we've got a great thread going, lots of December babies, woo hoo!!

So told immediate family over the weekend, was great, it feels more real to me now and is helping me get my head around things.

I rang the Rotunda to join the Domino scheme (girls you gave great info on it), I live in Dublin 7 by the way, they seem really lovely and are going to try get me a scan earlier. The idea is that I will go between the clinic in Cabra and my local doctor and then into the Rotunda for my big appointments.

Had about 4 naps yesterday!! Not really feeling morning sickness, more a slight aversion to foods, like I will cook a meal but then can barely eat half of it, I'm craving chips and pizza, oh and Yops for some reason ha ha!

Anyone feel like they have a bit of a belly already, I know the baby is only the size of a raspberry but feel bloated, already a bit self conscious around work etc??

Hope everyone is doing well anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Kerrygirl1972

Ah we've got a great thread going, lots of December babies, woo hoo!!

Anyone feel like they have a bit of a belly already, I know the baby is only the size of a raspberry but feel bloated, already a bit self conscious around work etc??

Hope everyone is doing well anyway.

There is loads of us, it's great :D

FunkSoulSista I feel HUGE already, I know it's all fluid but I feel like a right old fatty :) I've had to start wearing looser tops, I was starting to burst out of my work shirts. Ginormous boobs don't help either! All in a good cause x

• Advertisement

It seems like I had more morning sickness earlier on! I got super sick two weekends ago (stomach flu/UTI) and since then ive been ok morning sickness wise. I'm just worn out all of the time! I take at least one nap and day and the amount of house work I get done is next to nothing! (thank god my hubs has been picking up my slack!) I'm at 9 weeks now. I dont really feel like my stomach has gotten much bigger- maybe a little bit. I do feel bloated and my breasts have gotten a little larger. Overall I'm feeling very un-pregnant. Kinda worrying but im sure all will be ok. Very impatiently waiting my scan to hurry up and come (Scheduled for the 28th!)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Wow! Some drama over last 12 hours.

Last night my Wife came down in tears from the bathroom saying she had started to bleed and that everything could be going bad. Instant call to the Coombe, who asked her to monitor it overnight and come in today if worried. Sure enough we were in today like a shot and the brilliant staff in the Emergency Dept put us at ease very quickly. Within an hour we were walking out the door with a perfect little scan of the Jelly-Baby growing in my wife!! The bleeding looks none too serious at all but have been told to keep an eye on it in case it gets worse.

Wonder if I can post the scan? Maybe later after it all becomes official and we tell everyone.

I only had morning sickness twice so far (on days after I wasn't eating well) and got worried as well because of that. My mother claims that is the sign of a girl, apparently she never had any sickness with me.

We had an early scan yesterday and the little heart is beating and everything is ok - it is now classified as a normal risk pregnancy and I am sooo relieved :D

I put on 1kg in the last two months, but even himself said the other day 'are you getting a bump already?' So yes, I join the 'already showing' club as well.

Hope that time passes by fast for all of you waiting for their scans!

Yay for the early scan! Seems like here unless you have some sort of medical emergency you dont get them until around 13 weeks or so. Well that makes me feel a little better...I think im just expecting to feel more off. But if that means a little girl then woohoo! I would love a little girl! :)

Last night my Wife came down in tears from the bathroom saying she had started to bleed and that everything could be going bad. Instant call to the Coombe, who asked her to monitor it overnight and come in today if worried. Sure enough we were in today like a shot and the brilliant staff in the Emergency Dept put us at ease very quickly. Within an hour we were walking out the door with a perfect little scan of the Jelly-Baby growing in my wife!! The bleeding looks none too serious at all but have been told to keep an eye on it in case it gets worse.

Wonder if I can post the scan? Maybe later after it all becomes official and we tell everyone.

very same happened to me n now my baby is four ;) its so scary at the time, chuufed it all worked out for yas

HiddenForAWhile, that must have been a terrible 12 hours for you and your wife. Glad to hear that everything is fine!

Gosh I'd say ye got a scare and a half, glad to hear all is grand.

How scarey!! Glad everything is ok with your wife and the jelly belly! hope she continues to get better and feel well!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

hiddenforawhile that happed to me on my five year old daughter its not nice one bit,but turns out it was just the wall broke,but my daughter was fine it scares the crap out of you both n i had scan again bookd for the nex day n we were told she was a girl n doing fine,hope you wife n u are ok now n you wife feels better soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well the good news is that all bleeding has stopped, seems to have only that incident on Wednesday Evening.

We're looking at this as a good sign for our Baby's intelligence because we had a scan booked for Thursday anyway at Clane Hospital - like a few here, we wanted the early scan just to put our minds at ease. The Clane scan was going to cost €170 and obviously our little Yoke said 'Shag that, I'll save them some money by getting them to go to the Coombe!'. Frugal little bugger but next time I hope he/she'll do it in a less dramatic way. A text would be good.

We also have another 'routine' scan due in the Coombe in 2 weeks.

So thanks for all the good wishes and letting you know it's all settled down. Hopefully it'll be plain sailing from now for all of us. However at the moment we're having a little row over when to tell people, even if just family. Originally it was to be after the scan but now my wife wants to wait til 12ish weeks, til things are really settled. I, however, am like a kid before Christmas waiting to shout it out from the rooftops!

Advertisement