Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options
  • 15-04-2012 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

anyone out there?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Kerrygirl1972

Yup! EDD 9th December, first baby :) Scared and excited and a million other things! Congrats to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shinnyjosiedan

due 10th dec. first baby too. scan next wed. can't wait. 6 wks today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

6 weeks on Saturday :) EDD 15th of December. Baby number 3 so for any first time mammys I'm here if you need to talk. I know how you're feeling and the best of luck xx

Congrats ladies :D Just wondering if any of you are experiencing symptoms coming and going a bit.... I got all freaked out yesterday because I didn't have any cramping or twinges, and my boobs felt much less tender... however they were killing me again this morning, and I felt a few "tweaks" in my abdomen... It's hard not to think the worst when they come and go like that :eek: KKkitty does this just keep happening? My first appointment in the Rotunda is 29th May, can't WAIT to have the scan.

Congrats ladies :D Just wondering if any of you are experiencing symptoms coming and going a bit.... I got all freaked out yesterday because I didn't have any cramping or twinges, and my boobs felt much less tender... however they were killing me again this morning, and I felt a few "tweaks" in my abdomen... It's hard not to think the worst when they come and go like that :eek: KKkitty does this just keep happening? My first appointment in the Rotunda is 29th May, can't WAIT to have the scan.
    Hi and congrats :) These tweaks are just your uterus expanding to accommodate your bundle of joys' growth in the womb. If you have any concerns speak with your GP. All pregnancies are different too so don't be afraid to ask questions during your check ups.

• Advertisement

Thanks :) Yes, I suppose I was just wondering really if anyone else is finding that the symptoms seem to come and go a lot... it certainly is an interesting journey so far!

Thanks :) Yes, I suppose I was just wondering really if anyone else is finding that the symptoms seem to come and go a lot... it certainly is an interesting journey so far!
    If you're experiencing nausea eat little and often. A overly full tummy and morning sickness are not pleasant let me tell you :) Rennies or Gaviscon are safe for heartburn. Rest when you can because while your body is expanding you can become quite tired quite easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Had a miscarriage early marchand pregnant again, afraid to think about it too much in case it ends again. Have 4 yo and 16month already, had 2 miscarriages in between them.

Had a miscarriage early marchand pregnant again, afraid to think about it too much in case it ends again. Have 4 yo and 16month already, had 2 miscarriages in between them.
    I really hope all goes well for you this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pompeii

Hello ladies and congrats! I'm new to Boards and to this pregnancy business also :) Another member of the December club here... possibly an x-mas baby:D Absolutely delighted and slightly in shock. Here's to an interesting 9 months ahead

• Advertisement

Just found out friday...due december 11th. First baby....no clue what im doing! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Just found out friday....Due on december 11th! this will be my first baby....no clue what im doing lol! And I don't actually feel pregnant....or like i thought i would feel!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

hey girls, congrats to all of you! I'm due this Dec as well, very happy, very very excited, this is going to be my first as well. First scan is next Wednesday

Even got my juicer back into action this week :)

Ooooh lots of lovely Christmas babies :-) Best of luck everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Scruff101

My EDD is December 13th. Have my booking appointment with midwives clinic on 16th May. I have booked an early scan privately for May Bank Hol weekend, cant wait!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

Congratulations everyone, lots of special little end of year bundles on the way! I'm also due around Christmas, second baby. Excited but also very nervous as have had a couple of miscarriages in the past, hoping to get an early scan and I think will start to believe it if all goes well at that.

Kerrygirl, yes, on my last (successful) pregnancy my symptoms came and went all the time, drove me bananas worrying!! Also, I found, right up until about 23/24 weeks my bump came and went i.e. I'd have a big bump in the evening and wake up with practically a flat stomach in the morning, used to freak me out! It's all ahead of us! :)

Sorry if this is a little awkward, posting anonymously for the moment and all, but looking like we could be about to join this thread. My Wife has done 2 pregnancy tests now that are showing positive and we'll be going to the Doctor's later for confirmation. If all comes back good, she'll be due just around Christmas Day we reckon.

But this is a huge shock for us because we've been trying for years to the point where we've gone through IVF, and we were due to start another cycle last month. Only my wife's blood test came back with a hormone level too high for them to procede. And now suddenly it looks like we've conceived naturally.

So despite 2 positive tests it's hard for it to sink in and after years of failures I keep waiting for a catch. Will be un-feckin-real if this happens though

Also due Dec 15th
    Gone private in the past but really want to go with the midwives clinic this time so had to book a public appointment and then switching to private if I am deemed unsuitable.
    SHocked that my 1st appointment is for 2nd JUly.

Sorry if this is a little awkward, posting anonymously for the moment and all, but looking like we could be about to join this thread. My Wife has done 2 pregnancy tests now that are showing positive and we'll be going to the Doctor's later for confirmation. If all comes back good, she'll be due just around Christmas Day we reckon.

But this is a huge shock for us because we've been trying for years to the point where we've gone through IVF, and we were due to start another cycle last month. Only my wife's blood test came back with a hormone level too high for them to procede. And now suddenly it looks like we've conceived naturally.

So despite 2 positive tests it's hard for it to sink in and after years of failures I keep waiting for a catch. Will be un-feckin-real if this happens though

HiddenForAWhile, first of all, huge congrats to you and your wife :D It really is a miracle. We had also been trying for years, and had what seemed like endless cycles of IUI and IVF/ICSI, our last one was 1½ years ago. After that we just had to walk away from it, we couldn't take anymore either emotionally or physically. I turned 40 in March of this year, and decided that it was time to get on with my life and enjoy it for what it is, and if that meant childless then so be it. We started looking at all the things we could do, instead of missing all the things we would never know. Then out of the blue, I became pregnant. First time ever. We had been told it would never happen naturally, so we are just gobsmacked. I am 7 weeks now, and loving every minute. Miracles really truly do happen, and I hope right now you are looking at each other and laughing and crying with utter joy. Enjoy this and very very best of luck x

Lumbarda wrote: »
    Congratulations everyone, lots of special little end of year bundles on the way! I'm also due around Christmas, second baby. Excited but also very nervous as have had a couple of miscarriages in the past, hoping to get an early scan and I think will start to believe it if all goes well at that.

Kerrygirl, yes, on my last (successful) pregnancy my symptoms came and went all the time, drove me bananas worrying!! Also, I found, right up until about 23/24 weeks my bump came and went i.e. I'd have a big bump in the evening and wake up with practically a flat stomach in the morning, used to freak me out! It's all ahead of us! :)

Thanks Lumbarda! These pesky symptoms will drive me crazy :D Mind you I'm not complaining :) Your bump coming and going like that is amazing, I'm not surprised it freaked you out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

Hiddenfor awhile, that is just wonderful news, congratulations to you and to your wife. We too had our first baby after years of infertility/IVFs etc., it wasn't a natural pregnancy though but as a result of our 12th :eek: cycle of fertility treatment so we were at the stage of giving up when our beautiful little miracle happened for us! Hoping that you got good news at the doctors and that you can start to believe that this is really happening for you.

Kerrygirl, I know, the symptoms coming and going would wreck your head, craving apple pie at the mo so going with that as think there could be worse things to be eating!!!

Just an update:

Went to Doctor's last night and he was so matter of fact 'Yep you're pregnant' that it sunk in fairly quickly to me!! My Wife however might take a little longer (and probably a scan!) before it hits home. So smiling away to myself here now, while trying not to get too high hopes just in case.

When at the Doc's, he asked us things like 'Which hospital?' etc and we realised we hadn't a clue, never focused on the what happens next phase. So I'm off to trawl this forum for advice!

KerryGirl, Lumbarda - thanks for the best wishes and same back to ye

Just an update:

When at the Doc's, he asked us things like 'Which hospital?' etc and we realised we hadn't a clue, never focused on the what happens next phase. So I'm off to trawl this forum for advice!

I know exactly what you mean :D I could tell you almost anything you need to know about IVF.... but this pregnancy lark...!! I'm clueless :) Very happy to be finding out all about it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

im due on the 2nd of dec,im 8 weeks pregnant n i have a 5 year old little girl,im over the moon my scan is the 28th of may,only had the odd feeling of morning sickness but it all stopd at 7 weeks n it feels odd not having morning sickness as i had it on my daughter for a month or two n stopd at 3 months when i was pregnant,but to be honest we all cant wait for the scan my little girl keeps asking me mammy when will the baby be here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fisherwoman

Hi, I am due December 5th! Looking forward to the journey!!

is it ok to sleep on your tummy the odd time when your pregnant,just the odd time its the only way i can sleep after 5 mins im on my back or side cos im a light sleeper.

hope everyone is enjoyin been pregnant,it takes a while to sink in as it still feels like a dream till you get the odd pain,feel sick n see your daughter or son on the scan,roll on the 28th of may plz i really wonna see the baby on the scan soon counting down the weeks till we can all see the babys scan.n know everything is ok,is anyone like this.

hope everyone is enjoyin been pregnant,it takes a while to sink in as it still feels like a dream till you get the odd pain,feel sick n see your daughter or son on the scan,roll on the 28th of may plz i really wonna see the baby on the scan soon counting down the weeks till we can all see the babys scan.n know everything is ok,is anyone like this.

I'm the same :) counting down the days 'till 29th May.... It might make it all seem a bit more real....

Congrats everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Another December baby here, edd the 20th! First baby, It's all very surreal to me at the moment!! Feeling fine apart from tired but we just moved homes so that might be something to do with it!

• Advertisement

the tiredness is all part of your pregnancy im 9 weeks on saturday n i still have it,kerrygirl dont worry about anything,i was the same on my 5 year old daughter just relax n enjoy it all,i was worryd at first now that im pregnant on my secend baby but n now im just relaxing n going with the flow,our minds will all be at ease when we all see our babys scans,congrats everyone.:)

Advertisement