Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

my morning sickness is on n off every week or two,does anyone else feel like they just wonna cry for no reason at all just out of the blue you start crying at least twice a week,maybe im just stressd out abit n scared n want the scan here,all tho i only have around 2-3 weeks left till the scan as mine is the 28th of may,im 11 weeks tomorrow so baby be out of danger then i hope,myself n my daughter n hubbie will be going on the day of the scan,my daughter cant wait to see her sister or brother on the scan we all cant wait. cangrats everyone n hope everyone is feeling better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi haven't posted in a while, got early scan in HS last Friday due to previous miscarriages. My last m/c was in March. Scan dated me a week later that my dates so looking like due 18 Dec! Going back for another scan next Friday to confirm dates.

I will prob be sectioned at 39 weeks as I already had 2 emergency sections with my two boys, so hoping this time to avoid the labour bit! (if I make it that far) (fingers crossed)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Hi There,congrats everyone, I am due December 19th, another christmas baby :) I too had a bleeding scare the day after I took my pregnancy test, (5 weeks) my doc recommended I go get a private scan, which we did, and there was a little bean and a heartbeat, such a relief. so I understand the fear you must have felt hidden for a while. All going calmly since here, no morning sickness, just tired, cravings for fruit and veg which is great, and yops too!! or strawberrry milk! My baby wants its iron and calcium obviously :)) Also sore boobs, a bit of swelling around my belly and still crampy. Anyone else crampy?
    I have started to tell people, my immediate family and very close friends, it feels weird being the centre of attention like that! People are so excited, its lovely though :)
    this is our first baby and i am 38 so at a higher risk of problems and I seem to be worrying a lot about possible horrors, Need to stop!!
    Already we are worrying about cost of child care etc!! anyone else thinking about that?
    and baby names seems to be our number one conversation, no arguments but plenty of vetoing!!

my morning sickness is on n off every week or two,does anyone else feel like they just wonna cry for no reason at all just out of the blue you start crying at least twice a week,maybe im just stressd out abit n scared n want the scan here,all tho i only have around 2-3 weeks left till the scan as mine is the 28th of may,im 11 weeks tomorrow so baby be out of danger then i hope,myself n my daughter n hubbie will be going on the day of the scan,my daughter cant wait to see her sister or brother on the scan we all cant wait. cangrats everyone n hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Hope you are feeling better soon, the irrational worry is a head wreck isnt it :(
    I guess the crying is the hormones, which is a good sign that your pregnancy is progressing, take comfort from that :) if you need reassurance you can get a private scan for 95€.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

scrgirl wrote: »
    Hope you are feeling better soon, the irrational worry is a head wreck isnt it :(
    I guess the crying is the hormones, which is a good sign that your pregnancy is progressing, take comfort from that :) if you need reassurance you can get a private scan for 95€.

never knew i could get a private scan i only knew bout the 3d scan,ah sure i only have 2 weeks left my scan is the 28th of may,my tummy feels like im showing n still have all the pains that come with ur tummy stretching when pregnant,as this is my secend baby since 5 years ago n all went well with her she the best ever,just secend time round feels scary abit,but sure il be fine when i get the scan its the waiting for it thats doing my head in,not long now tho:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

Irishrose, I hear ya, I've only a week to go (21st) and It can't come soon enough,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

I havnt had the crying yet really (besides an emotional episode of Oprah lol!) But I have had some mood swings- I got irrationally angry at work the other day and shouted at someone (ugh!) I'm mostly just tired and feel very apathetic for anything that doesnt involve my couch lol. I get pretty crampy as well (im assuming thats the scretching) my pants are also getting a little tighter. Can't really see a big difference in my stomach though. No bleeding either thank god! I'll be 10 weeks monday....getting impatient for the scan! anyone else read the what to expect when your expecting book?

Hi There,congrats everyone, I am due December 19th, another christmas baby :) I too had a bleeding scare the day after I took my pregnancy test, (5 weeks) my doc recommended I go get a private scan, which we did, and there was a little bean and a heartbeat, such a relief. so I understand the fear you must have felt hidden for a while. All going calmly since here, no morning sickness, just tired, cravings for fruit and veg which is great, and yops too!! or strawberrry milk! My baby wants its iron and calcium obviously :)) Also sore boobs, a bit of swelling around my belly and still crampy. Anyone else crampy?
    I have started to tell people, my immediate family and very close friends, it feels weird being the centre of attention like that! People are so excited, its lovely though :)
    this is our first baby and i am 38 so at a higher risk of problems and I seem to be worrying a lot about possible horrors, Need to stop!!
    Already we are worrying about cost of child care etc!! anyone else thinking about that?
    and baby names seems to be our number one conversation, no arguments but plenty of vetoing!!

Congrats on the baby!! No morning sickness- lucky you! that was an unpleasent couple of weeks for me! Yes we are worried about the cost of child care as well- My husband was a mature student and has just finished his degree this week....hes on the job hunt now and its fingers crossed he finds something before december! If not then we will have our fingers crossed that his mother feels the sudden urge to go into child care...lol!
    We talk alot about names as well- Hubby set up a spreadsheet for them and all! so far the one thing we can agree on is to not tell anyone the name until after the baby is born!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

hey all!

had an early scan (7 weeks and 1 day) in mount carmel on friday. only got it done because the oh is off working abroad for the next 6 months and i didnt feel happy telling family until i at least saw a heartbeat...well having seen the heartbeat (which was lovely by the way) and very little else, the vomiting which has plagued me for a week stopped yesterday!!! needless to say i am now freaked out about that!!! I was always a worrier anyway but this pregnancy is gonna give me an ulcer

Piper101 wrote: »
    hey all!

had an early scan (7 weeks and 1 day) in mount carmel on friday. only got it done because the oh is off working abroad for the next 6 months and i didnt feel happy telling family until i at least saw a heartbeat...well having seen the heartbeat (which was lovely by the way) and very little else, the vomiting which has plagued me for a week stopped yesterday!!! needless to say i am now freaked out about that!!! I was always a worrier anyway but this pregnancy is gonna give me an ulcer

Congrats! Thats great you got the early scan as well! I wouldnt worry too much about the puking stopping- my morning sickness stopped as well- I heard that was fine, its normal for some women to be sick for just a small time and normal for some to be sick the entire time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

hope all the scares and worries have eased off and hope everybody is doing well!

We had another fairly symptome-free week, but just there when I did a bit of stupid pregancy research (can I eat vinegar and kimchi, lol) I found a forum where someone suggested to give a pot of kimchi to the mother after birth and other birth gifts were discussed.

I only read two of the posts and started weeping like an extra sad willow because the gift ideas were so cute, then realised it's the hormones making me cry and started laughing like a mad one while the tears were still flowing out of me like there was no tomorrow. This lasted at least 15 minutes and am slowly calming down now.

This was just so ridiculous I thought I'd share it with you, maybe it's good to give someone a little laugh

Lol I hear ya, really didn't think I was emotional this time ( last time even the weather made me cry) but the other night my other half was watching the football highlights, I don't care foe or understand football but still found myself crying tears of happiness when man city won the league even the hubby was laughing at me
    :p

I know its a cold May, but is anyone else feeling the cold more than usual? I heard somewhere Its another pregnancy symptom? I had to get up in middle of night to put extra layers on and am sitting here with big woolly scarf and the heat on full blast!

jeni wrote: »
    Lol I hear ya, really didn't think I was emotional this time ( last time even the weather made me cry) but the other night my other half was watching the football highlights, I don't care foe or understand football but still found myself crying tears of happiness when man city won the league even the hubby was laughing at me
    :p
    Haha great, that must have been so funny for the husband! Wouldn't be surprised if that was replicated on our couch for the Saturday match, lol.
    I know its a cold May, but is anyone else feeling the cold more than usual? I heard somewhere Its another pregnancy symptom? I had to get up in middle of night to put extra layers on and am sitting here with big woolly scarf and the heat on full blast!

I am cold most of the time and this is a cold May, even the hubby is cold in the evenings. Not getting it much once I am in bed, but if I stay up a little for some reason I get very very cold.

A friend of mine had a baby three weeks ago and she said the bump was the best radiator over the winter months, she wasn't cold once and didn't need to heat at all. I'd say if we get so much as a summer this year we girls are in for some trouble if the bellys really are such a heat source ;)

My hubs had purchased me a swedish full body massage for valentines day- never got around to using the voucher and had decided to use it this week since my lower back has been killing me! I go today and was filling out some form they had- one question was are you pregnant- I put down yes. They told me I couldnt have the massage because I was pregnant!! I was so upset I began to cry (in the middle of belissimo which is the nicest salon in limerick....not embarressing at all! gah) I dont understand it! I researched online and there is no evidence that i found that says its bad for you when pregnant- infact, I found the exact opposite! that increased blood flow is good for mom and baby! Has anyone else come across anything like this? and I have to say, its was the first time my hormones really got the better of me. I felt bad for the poor girl who kinda freaked when I started crying. Which made me cry more.

Rachineire wrote: »
    My hubs had purchased me a swedish full body massage for valentines day- never got around to using the voucher and had decided to use it this week since my lower back has been killing me! I go today and was filling out some form they had- one question was are you pregnant- I put down yes. They told me I couldnt have the massage because I was pregnant!! I was so upset I began to cry (in the middle of belissimo which is the nicest salon in limerick....not embarressing at all! gah) I dont understand it! I researched online and there is no evidence that i found that says its bad for you when pregnant- infact, I found the exact opposite! that increased blood flow is good for mom and baby! Has anyone else come across anything like this? and I have to say, its was the first time my hormones really got the better of me. I felt bad for the poor girl who kinda freaked when I started crying. Which made me cry more.

ive no idea what a sweedish one is but i have heard of mammy to be ones, n there is loads of other things they cud of offered you, nails, facial anything, shame on them

its probably because the swedish one are quite intense (like being beaten up) they really should have offered you something else poor thing!!!

well my morning sickness, which had returned with vengeance on wednesday, appears to be well and truly gone! im 8 wks and 2 days and thoroughly frecked out!! on top of that realised that the o.j. the boyfriend had been buying me (and i had been guzzling) is unpasteurised :( had an early scan last week and what i'd give for another....anyone else in the same boat?

my mum keeps reassuring me saying that if its meant to be and pointing out people who didnt know till they were 6 months etc and their babies turning out fine, i just feel that its my job to keep this baby safe and im making a royal mess...sorry for emotion ridden post

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Piper101 wrote: »
    its probably because the swedish one are quite intense (like being beaten up) they really should have offered you something else poor thing!!!

well my morning sickness, which had returned with vengeance on wednesday, appears to be well and truly gone! im 8 wks and 2 days and thoroughly frecked out!! on top of that realised that the o.j. the boyfriend had been buying me (and i had been guzzling) is unpasteurised :( had an early scan last week and what i'd give for another....anyone else in the same boat?

my mum keeps reassuring me saying that if its meant to be and pointing out people who didnt know till they were 6 months etc and their babies turning out fine, i just feel that its my job to keep this baby safe and im making a royal mess...sorry for emotion ridden post

I know how you feel - I'm pretty sure I ate some unpasteurized cheese while away this weekend but my BF keeps pointing out that in olden times women must have eaten much much worse and still had healthy babies.

I am also exhausted lately. Iv had to have a nap the past few days and each time I have to be woken after an hour and a half of two hours cos iv been complely deeply asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

I'm exactly the same with the exhaustion, now having a one hour nap after work and waking up just in time to go to bed! Couldn't get off the couch today, feel like a lazy fart! Also had a lil weepy watching sick children on Tv earlier. It's funny to experience all the cliche pregnancy symptoms you hear about.

Thanks for the sympathy! I was in a right state after that trip to the salon! well Piper a lot of my early pregnancy symptoms have gone as well! (to be replaced by very sore lower back and now left Hip :() and i started to get freaked as well and googled it. I DO NOT recommend this. I truly freaked myself out since I havnt had my scan yet! but then talked to mother in law and mom and friends who have had babies and they all said it was super normal- morning sickness and early pregnancy symptoms have a natural ebb and flow!

• Advertisement

thanks Rachineire! my sis (who has had six kids) says to just take each day as it comes, that theres no point waiting until your 6 months pregnant to be enjoying it, she says to be happy you're pregnant today!!! gonna try and remember that :)

So so happy just back from my early scan everything looks fine cud make out tiny hands n feet, the heart beat was brilliant I'm chuffed to bits

jeni that is absolutely great news :) delighted for ya!

Rachineire, really hope they get you something else instead of the Swedish massage, or at least the voucher doesn't expire any time too soon.

We told his family this weekend, everybody was soo happy, it's their first grandchild (and first great grandchild) and all so it was great to finally tell them, and he wanted to make sure to tell them in person and not on the phone too.

Today I got a great surprise, got a call to confirm a 12 week scan - I really didn't expect to get one because the hospital sent a letter saying my next appointment was at the end of July (19 weeks). Turns out this is the clinic my GP wanted me to go to all along, absolutely delighted to get the 12 week scan :D

jeni wrote: »
    So so happy just back from my early scan everything looks fine cud make out tiny hands n feet, the heart beat was brilliant I'm chuffed to bits

Congrats thats super exciting! :)

xiwang wrote: »
    jeni that is absolutely great news :) delighted for ya!

Rachineire, really hope they get you something else instead of the Swedish massage, or at least the voucher doesn't expire any time too soon.

We told his family this weekend, everybody was soo happy, it's their first grandchild (and first great grandchild) and all so it was great to finally tell them, and he wanted to make sure to tell them in person and not on the phone too.

Today I got a great surprise, got a call to confirm a 12 week scan - I really didn't expect to get one because the hospital sent a letter saying my next appointment was at the end of July (19 weeks). Turns out this is the clinic my GP wanted me to go to all along, absolutely delighted to get the 12 week scan :D

Yeah Im not sure if they will swap it out for a prenatal massage or not....she was saying that I might have to pay extra for it!! I don't think that would be very nice though- meh. I'm still bummed about the entire situation so I will just leave it alone for a while! :)

Telling the family is fun! all of my family are overseas so it was nice telling them wish I could have done it in person! Congrats on the scan as well- is it next week? Mine is next monday and it feels like this week is going to drag its heels! come on the 28th!!

I have a terrible terrible confession to make....went and got another early scan on my lunch break today cause I was still freaking out that my m/s had disappeared, needless to say everything was fine. Can't tell my oh cause he'd kill me (gives out that I panic at the best of times), I put it on my credit card, oh the shame!!!

On the plus side I do feel a bit more confident about the whole thing...

And another thing, cried in mother care yest, well definite welling up anyway over a babygro that said 'mummy, daddy and me...we were went to bee' (there was a pic of a bee on it) *sob*

Jeez if my friends saw me I'm not usually a crier! Anyone else had any emotional moments?

aww Piper, good everything was fine and good you feel a bit more confident now. When do you have the scheduled scan then?

Last week my tiredness stopped suddenly and my breasts didn't hurt and I had some pain in the stomach and then I got ultimately worried - only to cry over the excitement at the thought of steaming courgettes later that day, which told me I was still in the game. The tiredness came back soon enough and I really regret not having enjoyed the one day without being wrecked but being worried instead.

Rachineire, only 6 more days, Monday can't come soon enough, that's great, very happy for you!

I have to wait until June 11, but I am sure time will go by very quickly for me now - my sister will be in the country for a visit and she'll be at ours for a few days with a couple of mates, and cleaning will take the better part of two weeks at the speed at which I am doing things.

Himself is full of promises, I'll do this, I'll do that, don't do that I'll do it, but a week later none of the things have been done and I am starting to panic over getting the place cleaned up in time, hope he starts doing a bit more now soon.

Rachineire wrote: »
    Thanks for the sympathy! I was in a right state after that trip to the salon! well Piper a lot of my early pregnancy symptoms have gone as well! (to be replaced by very sore lower back and now left Hip :() and i started to get freaked as well and googled it. I DO NOT recommend this. I truly freaked myself out since I havnt had my scan yet! but then talked to mother in law and mom and friends who have had babies and they all said it was super normal- morning sickness and early pregnancy symptoms have a natural ebb and flow!

why did you have to mention the back pain and sore left hip? :p at least this confirms i am highly open to suggestion!!!

xiwang wrote: »
    aww Piper, good everything was fine and good you feel a bit more confident now. When do you have the scheduled scan then?

7th june, i know! only two weeks :D

yes love the tears for no reason :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Haha Piper do you have sore back now as well?

I went to the doctors today as I needed more folic acid (im 12 weeks next week but he told me he wanted me on it for the next month!) and I was telling the doctor I saw (who happens to be his daughter, also a doctor. She is due her baby in 2 weeks!) that I had lost a lot of my pregnancy symptoms and it was driving me mad with nerves. She said she would try and find the heartbeat but that its very hard to find before 16 weeks and might not find it. She didn't find it- she thought she had it at one stage there but couldn't keep it :( Which made me all the more nervous! But she said that I was grand and unless i have severe cramping or bleeding everything is fine and not to worry! BAH!

My mother in law told me today that I need to stay away from dr. google as im driving myself mad lol! She also said shes happy the internet wasn't around when she was pregnant haha.

Sure everything is grand, I just drive myself a bit mad every so often! must keep my mind occupied until next monday....unless I convince DH that he really wants to use his credit card for an early scan :D (not likely!)

Advertisement