Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due Dec 2012....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mugbags

And congratulations to you too xiwang! Little Christmas babies :) So excited! Watch this space for updates on my little mystery!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Welcome mugbags! yay the december thread is growing!! There seems to be a lot of us either right before christmas or right after! I'm hoping to go early since I don't want baby to be born christmas week haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mugbags

mustn't have been much on tv in March :D Would be great to have it all over with before Christmas, I hear that people don't like having their birthday on Christmas day!

Haha apparently not! my EDD is dec 15th and i was told at my last appointment that they would induce if I went over 10 days...the 10th day is christmas! EEP! better go before then haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

I also hope we get it for the EDD and not too much after, also not too keen on it falling directly on one of the Christmas days.

Something strange is going on today, I seem to be hungry AND full at the same time, never have experienced anything the like, don't quite know what to make of it and can't really describe it much better. It's when I get up I feel like I have to eat something immediately, then a minute later by the time I am in the kitchen I think, how could I possibly be wanting to eat, my belly is full to the brim ... very confusing tbh. Any idea what that could be?

• Advertisement

I've had something similar xiwang- but maybe not to that extreme! Just feel like i get full super duper fast, but then can eat maybe 5-10 minutes later and then im full super fast again! I think our stomachs are probably being pushed around right now! I am still just puffing out...I feel so fat! I gained 3 or 4 pounds in the last week as well...has me totally freaked as they don't really want me gaining much weight at all!

oh yes, I had that too the weeks leading up to now, from super duper full to almost starving in the space of 10 minutes :p

The weird full/hungry at the exact sime time lasted until well past lunch, then I sort of got too busy to eat, then had to go out to go to yoga, by the time I was home I was well and truly hungry and everything seems to be back to normal now, lol.

16 weeks today, maybe baby just wanted to make sure I can remember the milestone by having someting weird going on :D

Hope everyone is doing well, and hope you are having lovely days

oh I am almost sorry but I have to post again, I just read in What to expect when you're expecting that the early baby movements can feel "like the growling of hunger pangs".

That certainly would explain it, jeez the stupid grin on me now that I think I felt baby kick for the first time and only realising it a day later!

Rachineire, re the weight gain, did your doc give you any advise or meal plans or anything to help you not put on weight during pregnancy?

oh how cool! that would explain it alright! I'm pretty sure i felt baby move the other night...might have been my pulse, i just couldnt tell!

No doctor gave me no advice, just my bmi was right over the healthy range that I could be in the widwives clinic for and to try and not gain any weight as they want my BMI to remain the same throughout my pregnancy. I've done OK as im 17 weeks now and i've only gained probably 5 pounds in total but I need to try and curb it! yeesh...I must ask my GP in a week to two when I go for my appointment cause im trying to be healthy but it seems since the bump has started its a lost cause.

I got an exercise ball from dunnes today- It was an everlast brand, Anti-burst 65cm...it was only 12 euros! Quite a good deal, especially since I was going to buy the Rebok one from lifestyle sports for 25 euro and was unsure whether it was anti-burst or not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

How are everyone doing? I think the exhaustion is starting to pass for me now, hopefully! Getting more and more of a bulge now, also read we can expect to feel the baby moving at some stage over the next few weeks, very exciting!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Patser

Howdy all.

Just to let you know I was posting early on in this thread as HiddenForaWhile but since everyone that needs to know, knows by now I'll just go back to me user name. Just wanted to say thanks to you all for the early regards and to let you know I'll be still watching this thread so as to know what to expect from Herself.

Also we had another little scare last week, bleeding again and again back to the Coombe for peace of mind. And again everything is fine, just a small bleed which the Dr said can happen in a fair few cases. It really seems to be the case that small bleeds are nothing, you'll know when it's bad enough to be worrying.

Eep: And of course best of luck to everyone!

I've definitely had more energy in the past week or two! My back is still at me badly though! I felt baby kick over the weekend and have felt some movements here and there! We went up to Dublin to Ikea and got cot and changing table...a little early but I wanted to do it when I could still drive up and back the same day! Welcome back paster...that's scarey about the bleeding but I'm glad everything is ok!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I could still sleep for Ireland :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Moonbeam, I love the way you try to sneak into these threads. You did the same with your second baby too :p

You're tired because you've two of your own and the child you mind to look after too!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

:)

I have a noticeable bump:)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

How are everyone doing? I think the exhaustion is starting to pass for me now, hopefully! Getting more and more of a bulge now, also read we can expect to feel the baby moving at some stage over the next few weeks, very exciting!!!

Hi all, I'm home from work sick, had cold flue like symptoms and last night it turned gastric both ends :( Of course I'm freaking out thinking maybe its listeria as I had some cheese at weekend in a restaurant and cant be sure if it was pasturised or not :( I am due my midwife/gp appointment tomorrow so will hopefully be ok.

Other wise all good, baby is growing, not a round bump yet but defo filling out :) No movements here yet, waiting patiently!

My 3 year old is getting impatient for kicks !
    She has vague memories of her sister being a baba bump and poking my belly for kicks and wants to do it again :)
    I can feel some movement and for 15 weeks I am huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭irishrose1981

over the moon only four months left for me,im five months tomorrow oh happy days,pregnancy is going very well baby kicking n all there all little tips here n there not hard ones there the same as when i was pregnant on my daughter loving it all.time to go out n get same little few stuff here n there,my daughter cant wait to go n get the stuff in.

I feel like im expanding so quickly!! Lots of ligiment pain in my abdomen and I'm bigger today than I was three days ago! On sunday I could zip a certain pair of jeans, now I can't even get them to touch! I am feeling very whale like as I don't think I look pregnant at all, but that I've just been over indulging myself! Its really messing with my head thats for sure. Extra hormonal as well...came home after a 9 hour shift on my feet and the kitchen was wrecked (i had cleaned it right before I left before work) and gave my OH a right scalding and wouldnt let him clean a thing. Hes now sulking in the bedroom. SIGH! But on a positive note I can feel little movements here and there randomly throughout the day! its pretty exciting!

• Advertisement

is anyone else in bad pain on the bottom of there tummie n finding it hard to walk because of the prusher,ive been in very bad pain cause of it,its not as bad today but when it does it hurts as hell,got some baby stuff in today just the hat n mits bibs ect will get the outfits when i find out what sex baby is in sept,but for know just getting yellow green cream n white stuff for now as well as the nappies n wipes till then,hope eveyone is doing well n all babys are doing well too.

not sure if we are jumping the gun here but we have gotten all of the big furniture for the nursery! I feel so much better knowing its done can I can focus on the pram (eek!) and starting to get clothes and the little odds and ends. I know im just 18 +2 but am i doing things too early? I am super excited that we were able to get a rocking chair/ottoman from smyths for 60 euro today though!

Lol :)
    Way too early but at least you will not be stuck shopping with a big bump.
    After the furniture you really need very little, people buy you loads of present of clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Kazzehh

Hi all, another December mum to be joining the club. We are due on the 18th. Congrats to all and hope all is well. Read through thread from the start and noticed most have had a scan already. I am booked into Holles Street and first scan is not until 10th August, will be 23 weeks, is this normal??? Went at 8 weeks privately just for peace of mind and all was well. Next scan can't come quick enough. :D

Mine is 22nd of August.
    You will most likely get scans at some of your appointments but they are very quick.

you should of getting a scan earlyer than that,i had mine at 13 weeks n my next one is 30 weeks,but at least you got a private scan done and all went well for you.i think it may depend on if its ur 1st or ur 2nd baby this is my 2nd baby n on ur 2nd baby u only get round 4 or 5 scans than on ur first ul have round 10 or so.it also depends on what dates the hospital have i think.mean thing is the baby is fine.

you should of getting a scan earlyer than that,i had mine at 13 weeks n my next one is 30 weeks,but at least you got a private scan done and all went well for you.i think it may depend on if its ur 1st or ur 2nd baby this is my 2nd baby n on ur 2nd baby u only get round 4 or 5 scans than on ur first ul have round 10 or so.it also depends on what dates the hospital have i think.mean thing is the baby is fine.

I'm the same Irishrose. I had at scan at 11/12 weeks and will not have my next one until 31 weeks. It seems like some hopsitals though dont even do them until 20 weeks (which would do my head in!) We don't want to wait until 31 weeks to find out the sex of our baby so we will be doing a 3d scan/anomoly scan next month sometime!

Still having a lot of soreness on the bottom of my tummy as well and on the sides! I asked the doctor about it and she said that in the next couple of weeks the uterus moves up a lot (from about 3 inches or so below belly button to right at belly button) so around this time a lot of woman experience "growing pains"
    Also got to hear the heartbeat for the first time at that appointment! Makes it a lot more real and I'm feeling more and more connected to that little baby inside! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Patser

That does seem very long for a wait.

My Wife had her 1st routine scan at 12 weeks (we also had a scan at 8 weeks after a scare I mentioned earlier) and is also booked in for the 3rd August for a 20 week scan. Yesterday she had a midwife's appointment in the local health centre, where they had a doppler scanner for listening to the heartbeat. After each of these I could see the happiness and a bit of relief in her, just that little reassurance that everything is going nicely, even if just listening to a vague, distorted heartbeat. So having to wait 23 weeks for 1st 'organised' scan seems a long way to wait.

i know its a silly thing to ask but is anyone else getin the odd pain in the fingers just i never had it b4 n just the few days my left hand has been sore on my wedding finger n the next to it you know the two middle ones n dont know why,is that part of the pregnancy or what.

• Advertisement

I was getting carpal tunnel in my hands on and off- my left one more than my right one! has seemed to ease off for the last couple of weeks. When I asked about it I was told its all just part of your body getting used to the new curculation and that its pretty common in pregnant women! That could be what the pain your hands is about irishrose...is there any tingling at all ever?

Patser I know what your mean when everytime you see the baby or hear it there is a lot of relief! I have been feeling baby here and there throughout the day, but sometimes very little or not at all on certain days. So its a real relief to hear the heartbeat, just an extra reassurance that everything is fine!

Advertisement