Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Susie_Q wrote: »
    My boss is a highly educated Indian woman and she got married at age 27... she was pregnant within 2 months because she didn't know how babies were made. Imagine! No sex education in schools here, it's not discussed within families either.

Christ! That is nuts :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

What are you going to see?

I went to see cabin in the woods last night and it was......a bit too gorey for my liking but still real good....................very clever : )

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen :) It was kind of a strange movie but relatively enjoyable!

Cabin in the Woods sounds far too gorey for me, I can't stand the sight of blood :o It sounds quite funny too though :)

Studying isn't going well today. It's far too cold and spending two entire days reading the one article gets dull after a while. Oh well, only thirty pages left :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

So annoyed with my bad luck when it comes to cars!

My Aygo which I have had just for a week packed up on me today. It was so embarrassing! People were overtaking me on a roundabout but I finally got her going and she got stuck in neutral so I had to get out and let my dad try to get her back home. Worst part is that I am a learner and everyone was probably thinking that I am a terrible driver. I had a quick look behind me when I was getting into the passenger side and there was a huge string of cars behind me. The driver in the car immediately behind me did not look impressed. If looks could kill - i'd be dead! I thought I was going to cry!

Oh no, I hope the garage is sorting it, aygos are supposed to be reliable, I know the newer yaris 06 + has issues with the water pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

This is a poor excuse for a proper sunday dinner :( (and mine isn't even birdseye quality- it's lidl)
    I miss sunday dinners, they were the best thing about living at home

However I am going to make popcorn for dessert (the proper kerrnal popcorn like my mom makes) and cuddle up with the woof and watch a film

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

I'm shattered! Home from a fantastic weekend in Dublin.

Three of us caught the train up yesterday morning at 7.30, spent a good few hours walking in & out of shops, got to TGI Friday's for a late lunch/dinner & cocktails [really wish there was one in Cork!] and headed for the O2 for NKOTBSB last night. Felt like I was 13 again, still in love with BSB all these years later. It was a fantastic concert, well worth going to see them :) now I'm just shattered, it was quite noisy around the hotel we were staying in & I'm not used to noise so I kept waking up last night. Can't wait for an early night :)

Funny story from Friday night though. We all stayed at my friends flat in the city, closer for getting the train so early. I was sharing a bed with one of the girls, and yesterday morning she told me she'd woken from a nightmare in the middle of the night to find me patting her on her back. I was still asleep & have no recollection of doing that! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Over 40 minutes for the damn 75 today! Eventually gave up and was walking home when whoosh!, it flies past.

Missed the cat show which had me bummed so tried to cuddly with my fluffy fella at home and he won't let me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Went to bed at 5am last night, was up at 11am this morning, am shattered & what's worse is I'm on night duty tonight & I'm in bed now but I think I'm over tired or something, cannot sleep :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Over 40 minutes for the damn 75 today! Eventually gave up and was walking home when whoosh!, it flies past.

Missed the cat show which had me bummed so tried to cuddly with my fluffy fella at home and he won't let me.

It took me about 4 times of re-reading to cop on what what the 75 was:o

Still don't know what the cat show is, don't own a tv(guessing it's a tv show)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I hate that bus with a passion. I used to get it a lot as my ex lived on that route. I wasted so many hours waiting on that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

As I said, I fell yday.

Have a huuuuuge graze on my knee. Left the house late today and threw clothes on in a rush. My tights dried into the graze.....just lost a chunk of my knee taking them off :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ooh, that sounds ouch, Sarah! :(

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I got reminded in a rather painful way that I need to buy a new sports bra very soon. Horrible boob chafing after a 10 mile run from one that used to be my favourite, and it stings like hell now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I'm really not cut out for this whole academic thing.... which is a shame seeing as I'm no good at anything else! I'd love to be a writer but I don't know how to break into it. I'll still keep up my course because it's really good, but it's hard to motivate myself to excel in it when I don't know if I'll go into the primary career paths it gears you towards (i.e. if I'll be a solicitor or a barrister).

In other news, might be going to Prague in June :)

Shamelessly stolen from YLYL
    2xY5d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Holy crap my parents are ridiculously awesome! I've been saving since September to pay for my postgrad and I'm gonna keep saving til it starts. I'm hoping to keep working part-time during the year but they've just told me that they're gonna give me 100e a week to keep me going, even if I manage to keep up my job! Totally shocked. My mam works part-time and my dad is basically retired. Can't believe how fantastically amazing they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

This is me -

2 months before exams - "I'm gonna study so much for these exams. I'm just going to do a little bit of study every day and it'll be totally worth it."

1 month before exams - "There's still loads of time left, perfectly fine to start studying now. I'm on top of all of this."

2 weeks before exams - "Okay, should've started a bit sooner but hey, this is better than usual! I'll start tomorrow, gonna knuckle down."

1 week before exams - "Really should've started studying a few weeks ago, but no one else seems to be studying so it's still okay! I'll make a revision plan now and highlight important things and basically do sweet fuck all except make my books look pretty but at least stationary is now involved!"

Night before exams - "It's too late to study now! If I didn't get it the first time, what hope do I have now?! I'll just mess around on the internet instead."

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Singing exam wasn't the best. nerves hit and i warbled the very first note and had to go again :rolleyes: continued on after come hell or high water
    scales etc went ok
    ah well sure it's over now

so tired now but i think i'm at the "take it easy" stage now before the exam in the morning, no point trying to do anything now

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

First exam in the morning. Panicking a bit already. Trying to study for it but I can’t really concentrate. Feel like I don’t know anything for it or I’ll sit down to start the exam and my mind will go blank. I’ve been so busy trying to get through the last few days of college and concentrating on finishing assignments and handing them in and not losing the plot that I haven’t had any time to study for the actual exams and it’s making me panic more than I normally would. I know I’m being ridiculous and I need to calm down but I’ve no idea how to. Gah, I hate being such a worrier. :(

Jesus how many of us have exams in the morning? :eek:
    Good luck Novella and Bluewolf and anyone else. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Exams are the new cake of the lounge. Best of luck to you all, girlies x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Good luck with the exams everyone, you'll all do fantastically xx

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Novella wrote: »
    This is me -

2 months before exams - "I'm gonna study so much for these exams. I'm just going to do a little bit of study every day and it'll be totally worth it."

1 month before exams - "There's still loads of time left, perfectly fine to start studying now. I'm on top of all of this."

2 weeks before exams - "Okay, should've started a bit sooner but hey, this is better than usual! I'll start tomorrow, gonna knuckle down."

1 week before exams - "Really should've started studying a few weeks ago, but no one else seems to be studying so it's still okay! I'll make a revision plan now and highlight important things and basically do sweet fuck all except make my books look pretty but at least stationary is now involved!"

Night before exams - "It's too late to study now! If I didn't get it the first time, what hope do I have now?! I'll just mess around on the internet instead."

:pac:

My god. How did you get inside my head?? :eek: :o:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Good luck in your exams everybody! x

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Good luck to everyone! Hopefully tomorrow we'll all be back here with happy smileys :)

It'll take a minor miracle for me at this stage, but I'm holding out a bit of hope that the questions will be kind :o

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I'm awake since 4am and starting to get to the stage where my brain is fried - I've the discussion to do, which is going to take most of my time, and the conclusion and recommendations which I'm starting now, because they are easier to do and don't require quotes. Over 3000 words done, I'm hoping to hit around the 4,500 word mark - anyone wanna finish it for me??

Best of luck to all those starting exams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

for the past few months i havent been feeling myself
    i suspected that i had depression
    i figured that it would go away if i compressed it and held it in
    i bottled up my feelings for the most part which was a stupid decision

so this weekend it all came out and i over did it with drink
    i feel like crap and i realised i had to talk about it
    im scared that i have changed
    and i talked to my sister and she told me to go to the doctor

so tomorrow im going to go to the doctor....im tired of feeling this way
    i want to feel like myself again

sorry about this depressing post but i needed to come out and say it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

for the past few months i havent been feeling myself
    i suspected that i had depression
    i figured that it would go away if i compressed it and held it in
    i bottled up my feelings for the most part which was a stupid decision

so this weekend it all came out and i over did it with drink
    i feel like crap and i realised i had to talk about it
    im scared that i have changed
    and i talked to my sister and she told me to go to the doctor

so tomorrow im going to go to the doctor....im tired of feeling this way
    i want to feel like myself again

sorry about this depressing post but i needed to come out and say it

now that you've admitted you want to do something about it, it'll be ok
    the doc will help and you can talk to someone about it do

hugs xx

it's common enough, there's nothing to be ashamed of or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Cooked a flippin gorgeous dinner, which required small glass white wine. Just checked bottle and there's none left, plus I feel decidedly tipsy. Oops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

bubblefett wrote: »
    This is a poor excuse for a proper sunday dinner :( (and mine isn't even birdseye quality- it's lidl)
    I miss sunday dinners, they were the best thing about living at home

However I am going to make popcorn for dessert (the proper kerrnal popcorn like my mom makes) and cuddle up with the woof and watch a film

I had a mammy-dinner today for the first time in months ... it was awesome! :D Roast chicken, loads of stuffing, gravy, mashed potatos, mushrooms, carrots ... yum! And I finally got my Easter egg too, can't believe it didn't get eaten by now!!
    I got reminded in a rather painful way that I need to buy a new sports bra very soon. Horrible boob chafing after a 10 mile run from one that used to be my favourite, and it stings like hell now :(

Ouchie that sounds sooo sore!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Decided to procrastinate from study some more by making substantial dinner. Root vegetable mash (carrot, parsnip, potato, sweet potato), with garlic and butter, all whipped up like. With an amazing garlic chicken kiev.
    Totally stuffed. Time to do about two hours of studying me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

bluewolf wrote: »
    now that you've admitted you want to do something about it, it'll be ok
    the doc will help and you can talk to someone about it do

hugs xx

it's common enough, there's nothing to be ashamed of or anything!

i find it so hard to talk about it i think that people will judge me

i find it so hard to actually get the words out that i become frustrated and angry with myself!

im in my final year of college and my exams start thursday it is scaring me everything is just pilling up and i can deal with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Good luck with the exams...

To all guys, girls, women and lads who are doing their exams and read or post on this thread....

Hope I'm not in trouble for leaving anyone out...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement