Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Another depressed head here! :) I didn't tell people at first, initially because I got a bad response from some friends, who in hindsight were pretty sh1tty friends, but later because I think I have become a little more private about my life in general. I do talk about it occasionally with my college friends though, if talking about my experiences can help somebody else then I am more than happy to do so! :)

Going to the doctor is a big step Pixie, and well done you for taking the first one! If you ever want to talk or vent or whatever PM is always open. That goes for the rest of ye ladies (and lads) too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Bonding over mutual feelings of stress with my classmates on Facebook. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I'll throw my hat in the depression circle. Hardly anyone knows. I recently told a friend because her boyfriend is suffering terribly with it and I thought I could help her understand it better.

You'll be fine, Pixie. It's a part of you, but it's not all of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I kind of got "lucky" (that's not the right word I'm looking for) when I had depression creep up on me. I was in counseling anyway and the councelor saw when it was coming on and I got it sorted. Also, my Mam reads me like a book so she approached me first about it which I'm sure was extremely tough for her to do. I'm grateful she did though. It was brave.

I never really talked to her about my feelings coz I was doing that but she was with me for most of my appointments and that was important to me.

I told my friends that I was on medication and they understood. They didn't talk about it to me or asked how I was every week or so but they didn't treat me any differently what so ever so I was happy with that.

well done Pixie Fairy for taking that step. You're a strong person for doing that! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

A big hug to all the ladies out there with depression, I've had moments in my life when I felt like I was going down a spiral but lots of hugs and encouragement has made me right!

So, I'm obsessed with saving money recently due to the fact that I'm saving to go away. I wish my part time hours would stretch into more hours so I can earn more but thats not happening. So if anyone has any bright ideas let me know!

I've only one bill to pay to my name so delighted about that. Credit card will be cleared at the end of the month and yes, it's lovely to be a week from my monthly pay day and have €1.68 left in my bank account! I've stocked the house up with food and I'm determined to save money! BLEH!!!

Starting to miss my OH a little bit now, sometimes I feel this thread is more of a diary to me where I can just put it all out there. Feels good to let go sometimes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I think I've have had too much wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Kiera wrote: »
    Or cake or pizza or chocolate or pasta or tea/coffee or fizzy drinks.. I could go on :p

Is there anything you do like? Wine?

Another one with depression, I've posted about it before but I'm starting to feel a hell of alot better, this site really useful mainly cos antidepressants weren't working for me. Since I've found out it could be my thyroid causing all the problems.

Made the red curry paste, I put in way too much lime zest and I was complaining to myself that it wasn't spicy until I hit a chilli seed!
    I've also made bread which I think was meant for a 2lb loaf tin and I think mine's a 1lb tin, it looks like a monster loaf!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Who doesn't like wine, Orla :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

@ Pixie

Another like you here too. Since going to the doctor last year I now feel better than I ever have in my entire life. It'll be so worth it. Hang in there chicken.

@ bluewolf

Here watching Fringe, have you seen who's in it!? *nerdgasm*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Getting a load of abuse and threats on facebook from a bunch of scumbags (and some of their mothers...) Oh dear god, find yourselves LIVES ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Getting a load of abuse and threats on facebook from a bunch of scumbags (and some of their mothers...) Oh dear god, find yourselves LIVES ffs.
    Why are they doing that to you? Report them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Who doesn't like wine, Orla :p

Thank god I was getting worried for a minute there!

Everybody's always shocked I don't like popcorn but I really don't see the appeal, too salty/buttery and awful texture

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Das Kitty wrote: »
    @ Pixie

Another like you here too. Since going to the doctor last year I now feel better than I ever have in my entire life. It'll be so worth it. Hang in there chicken.

@ bluewolf

Here watching Fringe, have you seen who's in it!? *nerdgasm*

Yeah I saw it, but who do you mean

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

for what?

Why are they doing that to you? Report them.

They tagged my sister in a post and it got very nasty so I told them to stop and delete it. Absolute madness, you should see some of the crap that ensued. I didn't respond and have it all screencapped, and I blocked and reported them but the reporting function doesn't seem to be very effective. I went for the harassing option, thinking they'd ask me to specify the type of harassment or show them where it happened but that was it. I just think it's hilarious that women in their fifties spend their Sunday nights giving abuse over the internet to a 19 year old girl they've never met, and in what has to be some of the most painful English I've ever seen :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Started night duty at 10pm & the guy on with me has already been asleep for 30 minutes. I understand closing your eyes for ten minutes every little while, but this guy will be asleep all night.. And snoring... And scratching his bits :/ Leaving me to do all the work and he gets his nice pay check for sleeping .. Really angers me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Pixie so happy for you that you've decided to go down the path of getting some help. As you can tell from the posts here, absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. Hope you feel better soon.

Almostnever - what the hell? What sad individuals? Keyboard warrior mammys on facebook, who'd have thought it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Started night duty at 10pm & the guy on with me has already been asleep for 30 minutes. I understand closing your eyes for ten minutes every little while, but this guy will be asleep all night.. And snoring... And scratching his bits :/ Leaving me to do all the work and he gets his nice pay check for sleeping .. Really angers me!!!
    Wake him up!!

Almostnever - what the hell? What sad individuals? Keyboard warrior mammys on facebook, who'd have thought it?!

I went on one of their pages to block them and nearly cried laughing. A 16 year old Romanian girl and her two kids have gone missing from the town and this woman has a status saying "come home to your mammy and daddy pet, and bring the girls with you xxxxxxxxx" (in that horrific capitalising every second letter/misspelling every word kind of way) and then another one from this morning complaining about "the smell of those ****ing Romanians" and how they're "dying looking rats." I think I'm dealing with frightening levels of ignorance of all kinds here.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bluewolf wrote: »
    Yeah I saw it, but who do you mean

Eh!

Desmond from Lost.

• Advertisement

How Do They Capitalise Every Letter Like That? Do They Actually Type It Out Like This?

Trust me Muffin, I do, and not politely. I like to frighten him. I bang doors, drop things, rattle keys.. Tis great fun! But then 5 minutes later he's conked again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Pixie Fairy well done on getting help, it can't be easy. Look after yourself x

Have just tried to book a hotel in London for the Olympics. The fecking prices! :eek: Can't afford to be spending a grand for a few nights but really don't want to spend 5 days in a disgustingly grotty place either, and I don't know how much money I'd actually save by staying a bit further out once you factor in tubes and taxis etc....hmmn.

pampootie wrote: »
    Have just tried to book a hotel in London for the Olympics. The fecking prices! :eek:
    Couch-surfing or Airbnb as an alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Pixie Fairy, its great that you've decided to get help. It really does make the difference, and we are all here for you, PM is always open for me anyway.

When I got diagnosed in January 2010, it was actually relief that I felt more than anything; just to not feel like I was going mad anymore, it wasn't just, forgive the pun, all in my head. Counselling did open the floodgates but it did sort through an awful lot of stuff for me. Its not the easiest of things to do; but with a good support network around you, you can go far.

I got shat on by a bird today.... twice in three weeks now... this time it was directly the top of my head, thankfully had my hood up, but still. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Big hugs to all starting exams and best of luck with them! :) x

Also want to give big hugs to all the lovely loungers that have been diagnosed with depression. I had not got a clue it was so so common. If anyone ever needs to talk PM is always open. xx

Sitting in bed with himself. He's playing with his other girlfriend, i.e. his Xbox. :rolleyes:

Edit: I just bought Catching Fire (Book 2 of The Hunger Games trilogy) on The Book Depository for just under 5 euro, niiiice! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

i find it so hard to talk about it i think that people will judge me

i find it so hard to actually get the words out that i become frustrated and angry with myself!

im in my final year of college and my exams start thursday it is scaring me everything is just pilling up and i can deal with it

Fair play for deciding to get help, I think you're so brave Pixie xxx
    cdaly_ wrote: »
    Next time, sponge the dried in bit with water and it'll soften up and you get to keep your knee...

Tried and it didnt work :(
    Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Sitting in bed with himself. He's playing with his other girlfriend, i.e. his Xbox. :rolleyes:

Inform him you're only with him for a few nights so turn off the damn telly!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I got shat on by a bird today.... twice in three weeks now... this time it was directly the top of my head, thankfully had my hood up, but still. :/

:( Oh no! That happened to me once when I was crossing O'Connell Bridge, it was horrible, it got all in my hair and I had to try to wipe it off with my scarf! I was on my way to work as well, one of the other staff helped me wash it out of my hair in the staffroom sink. The amount of people who told me "That's meant to be very good luck!", seriously, how is getting pooed on good luck?! At least you had your hood up, it could have been a lot worse!

Pixie Fairy, well done on getting help. I know it's not an easy thing to do, because it feels like everyone else can cope so you should be able to as well, but it's a lot more common than you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Inform him you're only with him for a few nights so turn off the damn telly!!

Ah I don't mind. At least we're together. :)

• Advertisement

Jane, I got all 3 Hunger games from Easons for 11 euro :P it was 3 for 2 and I had a five euro off code & was free delivery. If you don't have one pick up an Easons loyalty card, they have some great offers when you sign up :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement