Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

for the past few months i havent been feeling myself
    i suspected that i had depression
    i figured that it would go away if i compressed it and held it in
    i bottled up my feelings for the most part which was a stupid decision

so this weekend it all came out and i over did it with drink
    i feel like crap and i realised i had to talk about it
    im scared that i have changed
    and i talked to my sister and she told me to go to the doctor

so tomorrow im going to go to the doctor....im tired of feeling this way
    i want to feel like myself again

sorry about this depressing post but i needed to come out and say it

You have taken the first step! Good for you. The only way is up they say! Talking to someone always helps. x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

You're not alone, Pixie-Fairy. I know it might feel like it because depression just isn't talked about in society. But there are lots of people who understand first-hand what you're going through. The doctor will know what to do and this won't be his/her first time dealing with it.

Good on you for deciding to get help. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

bluewolf wrote: »
    now that you've admitted you want to do something about it, it'll be ok
    the doc will help and you can talk to someone about it do

hugs xx

it's common enough, there's nothing to be ashamed of or anything!

i find it so hard to talk about it i think that people will judge me

i find it so hard to actually get the words out that i become frustrated and angry with myself!

im in my final year of college and my exams start thursday it is scaring me everything is just pilling up and i can deal with it

No one will judge you. If the read the thread on after hours, let laugh at those with depression you will find there is a lot of support.

It's natural to feel how you do. Some put down their thoughts on paper, it may help if you do this. Stress around exam time increases 10 fold, don't worry about tomorrow or the next day or next week, take each day at a time..

Good luck with your exams, and going to your gp will help...

Hugs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    As I said, I fell yday.

Have a huuuuuge graze on my knee. Left the house late today and threw clothes on in a rush. My tights dried into the graze.....just lost a chunk of my knee taking them off :(

Next time, sponge the dried in bit with water and it'll soften up and you get to keep your knee...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

now that you've admitted you want to do something about it, it'll be ok
    the doc will help and you can talk to someone about it do

hugs xx

it's common enough, there's nothing to be ashamed of or anything!

i find it so hard to actually get the words out that i become frustrated and angry with myself!

im in my final year of college and my exams start thursday it is scaring me everything is just pilling up and i can deal with it
    I was exactly like you but got to the point where I needed to get back to who I was. I was so unhappy so I went to my doctor a told him that I wasn't myself and was feeling really down and he sent me to talk to someone and I felt a million times better after about 6 sessions. It will be well worth it to go talk to someone hon x

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Have you tried keeping a journal? That way you can write it all down and then when you need to articulate yourself you'll have the words, and you won't be as frustrated :)

It'll all be ok. Remember that one day you'll look back and this will be a distant memory :)

It's normal for the smallest things to feel overwhelming when you're in that place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Kiera wrote: »
    I was exactly like you but got to the point where I needed to get back to who I was. I was so unhappy so I went to my doctor a told him that I wasn't myself and was feeling really down and he sent me to talk to someone and I felt a million times better after about 6 sessions. It will be well worth it to go talk to someone hon x

i want to get back to who i was i really want to im sick of being this person on the inside and then having a happy facade pretending to be someone im not
    i want to be better...i want to be normal again
    x
    Have you tried keeping a journal? That way you can write it all down and then when you need to articulate yourself you'll have the words, and you won't be as frustrated :)

It'll all be ok. Remember that one day you'll look back and this will be a distant memory :)

It's normal for the smallest things to feel overwhelming when you're in that place

i think im going to start i think it will help me in the long run
    i hope it will be a distant memory! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

for the past few months i havent been feeling myself
    i suspected that i had depression
    i figured that it would go away if i compressed it and held it in
    i bottled up my feelings for the most part which was a stupid decision

so this weekend it all came out and i over did it with drink
    i feel like crap and i realised i had to talk about it
    im scared that i have changed
    and i talked to my sister and she told me to go to the doctor

so tomorrow im going to go to the doctor....im tired of feeling this way
    i want to feel like myself again

sorry about this depressing post but i needed to come out and say it

Pixie Fairy I was in a very similar position to you not that long ago but I kept repressing the feeling and wouldn't talk to anyone and it cost me a lot. It's my biggest regret to date.
    You should be so fricking proud that you're decided to get help! I think sometimes people underestimate how hard it is to come to that decision. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks, you may actually find it suprising how many of your family and friends have experienced it in their lives too.
    Well done missus, be proud, I think you're amazing. PM is open if you ever want to talk xx

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

page=9zrzl9y4a5:type=thumbnail:version=2

i want to get back to who i was i really want to im sick of being this person on the inside and then having a happy facade pretending to be someone im not
    i want to be better...i want to be normal again
    x
    That's exactly how I felt. It was all a front which made me even more unhappy and withdrawn.

Just think, tomorrow is the start of you feeling yourself again. It's gonna be the best thing you've ever done :)

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    page=9zrzl9y4a5:type=thumbnail:version=2
    Ick!!

Why can't you post things I like? Go eat worms, Krudler!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

DEFINITELY should've started studying 2 months ago! :pac:

It's not revising if I'm looking at it and thinking, "Have I seen this before?". Oops.

I appreciate all of your support Ladies!
    i was so scared to even mention it on here...:o

i want to get rid of this (to quote Dexter Morgan) "Dark Passenger"
    it has been with me for far too long
    it is going to be hard to open up but i need to do it
    i want it gone and i want myself back!

xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Once exams are over I reckon you'll feel a bit better. Or at least more able to deal with how you're feeling without them hanging over you. Exams are horrible and unnecessarily stressful, in my opinion :(

I'm in final year too, and I'm finding this last round of exams the most pressurising. My results last semester dipped in a couple of modules, and there's no "next year" to make up the difference anymore and it's all starting to get very real now.

I hope your doctor is good and can help. And good luck with the exams :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

i want to get rid of this (to quote Dexter Morgan) "Dark Passenger"
    it has been with me for far too long
    it is going to be hard to open up but i need to do it
    i want it gone and i want myself back!

xxxx

I was totally wrapped up in my exams starting tomorrow drama just there, sorry I missed your posts about this. I'm really glad you're gonna open up and go see a doctor about how you're feeling. That's brave, you should be proud of yourself. I hope it goes well for you and keep us posted x

Silly Billy!

Sure we kept Kiera after she said she doesn't like cats. (It was hard to get past, I'll admit it.)

There are even some people who don't like cake.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Silly Billy!

Sure we kept Kiera after she said she doesn't like cats. (It was hard to get past, I'll admit it.)

/would I be dumped if I told you I hate cake too? :D

Novella wrote: »
    I was totally wrapped up in my exams starting tomorrow drama just there, sorry I missed your posts about this. I'm really glad you're gonna open up and go see a doctor about how you're feeling. That's brave, you should be proud of yourself. I hope it goes well for you and keep us posted x

absolutely no need for an apology exams are horrible you have your own stuff to deal with on top of my episode!
    ill defo keep posted hope the doc goes well tomorrow x
    Silly Billy!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Well done Pixie-Fairy, hope you're feeling better soon, and like WesternNight said, it might be a bit easier to deal with when you don't have exams on top of everything. Good luck!

I are bad at studying. And doing stuff. The only thing I've done in the last 2 hours that could possibly be viewed as constructive was turning on the heater.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kiera doesn't like cats :eek: *faints*

• Advertisement

Kiera doesn't like cats :eek: *faints*
    Or cake or pizza or chocolate or pasta or tea/coffee or fizzy drinks.. I could go on :p

I know you don't like cake, Kiera.

*pats on shoulder*

I know.

I know you don't like cake, Kiera.

*pats on shoulder*

I know.
    I'm loving you tonight, you're actually making me laugh out loud :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Or cake or pizza or chocolate or pasta or tea/coffee or fizzy drinks.. I could go on :p

:eek:

well I knew you didn't like chocolate : ) what about popcorn?

:eek:

well I knew you didn't like chocolate : ) what about popcorn?
    I'm not a total weirdo. I love popcorn and crisps :)

I'm not a total weirdo. I love popcorn and crisps :)

well that's something anyway! :) now back I go to playing draw something or whatever its called :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Ah here, that's the first I'm hearing of this! Chocolate was bad enough.... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I can understand the cake/cats/chocolate/fizzy drinks.....But TEA and PASTA?? How the feck can you not like those??

It's like you people don't know me at all. I'm off to find a forum where I'll be accepted for who I am!!!!

* heads off to zombie forum*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Pixie-Fairy - I really hope it goes well with your doctor. *hugs*

I myself have depression so I can understand the feelings, emotions and moods that come with it.

When I was first diagnosed with depression I kept it to myself for a few months, like you, I thought it was best if I kept it to myself, it was only after about five months that I told my family because I needed their support but I didn't realise at first just how much I needed their support.

If you ever need to talk or rant etc, you can PM me any time you need to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement