Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Work was mental, I'm wrecked now. We had about 50 cyclists in for lunch, don't know where to look when the men are wearing those lycra shorts :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

is it genuinely possible to be in this much pain for two days?!

im suppose to meeting up with the guy again tomorrow but if this pain doesnt go away i dont think i can! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

EmilyO wrote: »
    Work was mental, I'm wrecked now. We had about 50 cyclists in for lunch, don't know where to look when the men are wearing those lycra shorts :o

Their crotch of course... Why else would they wear them if they didn't want you looking? :confused:

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Their crotch of course... Why else would they wear them if they didn't want you looking? :confused:

:)

Exactly.

I find myself with the exact same problem when i'm swimming. Sometimes the dudes are wearing smaller togs than some of my thongs :D

One of my mates is trying to get me to go to Limerick tonight. If she had asked me earlier I prob would have gone. Too comfortable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

My head hurts. Want to start a pension and I am so utterly stupid with that kind of stuff, have just spent 2 hours looking stuff up and am now even more confused. Tempted to just cut a hole in the mattress and set up my pension fund in there instead. Time for beer I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Off to Italy in 2 weeks and they only allow speedos in the pools..... My husband plans on wearing shorts and only whipping off the shorts when his going for a dip in the pool as soon as is back on terra nova he will put on his shorts again.... he hates speedos..

I hope there are no men their with white speedos :eek: they might aswell go naked ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

pampootie wrote: »
    My head hurts. Want to start a pension and I am so utterly stupid with that kind of stuff, have just spent 2 hours looking stuff up and am now even more confused. Tempted to just cut a hole in the mattress and set up my pension fund in there instead. Time for beer I think!

you should talk to a pensions adviser they'll sit you down and tell you simply what kind of stuff you need to do
    if you want to retire with a pension per month of 50% of your current salary then you need to contribute whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

bluewolf wrote: »
    you should talk to a pensions adviser they'll sit you down and tell you simply what kind of stuff you need to do
    if you want to retire with a pension per month of 50% of your current salary then you need to contribute whatever

I've filled in a request for callbacks with a few places alright. Is there such a thing as an impartial one that tells you what you're meant to be looking for in terms of rates etc? I'm assuming the ones that are going to call me are obviously going to be promoting their own products!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

The internet is boring tonight, horrible pms all day so got nothing done and randomly crying for no reason, going to cook my meatballs and sit down to a film.

Also got a cooked chicken half price, I can never resist end of day half price chicken.

Thinking about opening a bottle of wine but I'll probably end up drinking one glass and falling asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,372 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

So annoyed with my bad luck when it comes to cars!

My Aygo which I have had just for a week packed up on me today. It was so embarrassing! People were overtaking me on a roundabout but I finally got her going and she got stuck in neutral so I had to get out and let my dad try to get her back home. Worst part is that I am a learner and everyone was probably thinking that I am a terrible driver. I had a quick look behind me when I was getting into the passenger side and there was a huge string of cars behind me. The driver in the car immediately behind me did not look impressed. If looks could kill - i'd be dead! I thought I was going to cry!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Submitted my dissertation yesterday. Bit of any anti climax but the MA is now done! Been a long 2 years.
    Was out in Dublin last night - had a brilliant night. Supposed to be meeting friends in Limerick tonight but way too wrecked/hungover. But its the best hangover I've ever had :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Anywhere you like, we won't mind... ;)

Actually, if you wouldn't mind admiring our beautifully toned and muscular legs rather than staring at our protruding bellies ('cos lycra shows everything) we'd be more than grateful...

I've got a serious bloated belly from eating too much cake. Not fun :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Welcome to my world! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Made the most delicious Chorizo and pasta bake for dinner, so so good.

Going to have some wine later too :)

Acoshla wrote: »
    Welcome to my world! :pac:

Have you ever made gluten free cakes?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

pampootie wrote: »
    I've filled in a request for callbacks with a few places alright. Is there such a thing as an impartial one that tells you what you're meant to be looking for in terms of rates etc? I'm assuming the ones that are going to call me are obviously going to be promoting their own products!

The pensions board are very helpful
    http://www.pensionsboard.ie/en/

they have a pensions calculator
    http://www.pensionsboard.ie/en/Pensions_Calculators/

that breaks it down for ya

mum's friend cant eat it and so there is some kind of funny flour you can use to make them

on a personal note, WHY IS THIS COURSE SO FCUKING LONG
    i could pass the fcuking thing because each individual thing is fine but jaysus i can't remember everything

bluewolf wrote: »
    mum's friend cant eat it and so there is some kind of funny flour you can use to make them

Yeh there's coconut flour and Tritamyl Gluten Free Flour by Odlums. Trying to find the latter one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Lots of photos today for my cousin's confirmation. Lots of me messing up the balance of a picture because my skin is so pale it glows under some camera settings. I iz ghost!

My foundation (the lightest in the range) is now too dark for me.

*sigh*

*Resigns self to lathering on tipp-ex.*

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Yeh there's coconut flour and Tritamyl Gluten Free Flour by Odlums. Trying to find the latter one.

You can get tritamyl in tesco. Doves range of flours are by far the best that I've tried:)
    Oh and if there's an asda anywhere near you, they do an awesome, reasonably priced gluten free range

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Off to Italy in 2 weeks and they only allow speedos in the pools..... My husband plans on wearing shorts and only whipping off the shorts when his going for a dip in the pool as soon as is back on terra nova he will put on his shorts again.... he hates speedos..

It's the football shorts type that they don't allow. I have a pair of skintight shorts rather than briefs which are fine. A men's version of this style. Kinda like this image (maybe NSFW) but without that level of definition. :eek:

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

FYP sucks - lecturer screwed me over by giving an extension, then asking can it be in on the day it was due, and we finding out two days after it was due that she had emailed us that. Had a bit of a meltdown yesterday because of some other family issues we had - was in very bad form Thursday, had eased a bit by Friday morning, but lost the rag completely Friday evening. Angry at myself that I couldn't get anything done Thursday on my FYP because I was so annoyed.

I'm after having two decent nights sleep - why am I so tired?? I don't feel stressed, but my body is showing the signs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »

*sigh*

I have the exact same problem, I end up having to water my foundation down with moisturiser to get it an acceptable shade so my face isn't clashing horribly with the rest of me! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Nope, can't get the flour in our Tesco, and I wouldn't make them to sell anyway so no point trying recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

thats the equivalent of being knackered from having too much sex , silly complaint :pac:

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Lots of photos today for my cousin's confirmation. Lots of me messing up the balance of a picture because my skin is so pale it glows under some camera settings. I iz ghost!

*sigh*

bobbi brown alabaster is white enough for me and the finishing powder with it is actually pure white
    foundation will be a bit too shiny for camera if it has spf or something so maybe you had that

I follow George Takei on Facebook. He's a really funny guy who regularly posts funny photos. But the thing that makes me laugh more than anything, is reading everything he writes in his own voice. It's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I follow George Takei on Facebook. He's a really funny guy who regularly posts funny photos. But the thing that makes me laugh more than anything, is reading everything he writes in his own voice. It's brilliant.

I did and deleted him, too much spam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

krudler wrote: »
    thats the equivalent of being knackered from having too much sex , silly complaint :pac:

I don't think it was too much, just the kinda cake she had!

Stench, thought you would've had enough of gluten already?

• Advertisement

Possible job, possible move, possible lady (being as vague for now until everything is more concrete). Finally, piece by piece, my life is forming into some form of normality. About freakin' time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement