Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Fell on my way to the bus stop :,,( palms skinned and knees badly grazed...usually Id be fine but ive my period and im over sensitive :(

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Supernanny is my secret guilty pleasure. I love when she gets really cross at the parents and loses her post english accent. I love Saturday mornings - supernanny, tea and toast and jam. Nom non nom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I am on a first aiding course for kids today and while it has mostly been quite good I have had to stop my self from correcting the instructor a couple of times...:/ we have done a lot on child protection, abuse & neglect in children in college and he kind of just skimmed over some of it and made no distinction between physical abuse & neglect, kind of just brushed over it. It made me wince a little :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I wish I was the kind of person who would just study and not find a million and one other things to do instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Why is it that I feel all happy when my underwear is actually matching? And to top it off, my nails match them too! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Lola92 wrote: »
    I am on a first aiding course for kids today and while it has mostly been quite good I have had to stop my self from correcting the instructor a couple of times...:/ we have done a lot on child protection, abuse & neglect in children in college and he kind of just skimmed over some of it and made no distinction between physical abuse & neglect, kind of just brushed over it. It made me wince a little :(

Oh stop... First aid courses can be great, but I've done two, and then went to do my EMT course.. And the stuff they just graze over in the first aid courses that we learned in the EMT course that are vital is ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Posy, that sucks about your course!

I'm in Westport at a confirmation, had to leave for some air. There's 130 kids to get through, we'll be here all day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Why is it that I feel all happy when my underwear is actually matching? And to top it off, my nails match them too! :D
    spent the last few days painting my house in a pair of mens boxers and a tee, smugly satisfying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

I also stirred paint with a stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I'm in Westport at a confirmation, had to leave for some air. There's 130 kids to get through, we'll be here all day!

You have my sympathies...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I hate how my bf's work schedule and mine completely differ. I was off all week while he worked. Now that he's got the weekend off, I'm working late shifts both nights. Then he's back to work on Monday and I'm off for another few days. It'll be something like three weeks before we have a day off together :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

New bedsheets. Floral patterns brighten up my life. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Why bubblefett is happy today:

1) I went to a charity coffee this morning and had far too much coffee, scones and cakes. It's okay. When it's for charity you don't gain weight :D
    2) I'm making home made pizza for dinner. I love homemade pizza cause I can have loads of anchovies and no one judges me :P
    3) I've officially been off my antianxiety meds for 3 weeks now and I'm feeling awesome!! Now when I get anxious a bit of rescue remedy does the trick. It feels great to have all the crazy toxins out of my system

Wheeeeee! I'm going to go play on the swings (by which I mean play xbox)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Novella wrote: »
    New bedsheets. Floral patterns brighten up my life. :)

Yeah, it's the floral patterns. Nothing to do with the guy you have under them :p;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Still ploughing through the same article. It's so long and dense and blah that I think it will take me all weekend to actually finish it but I feel so good about life right now that I don't even care :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Work is boring me to tears... roll on 6pm! I hate working Saturdays :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Might not be back on until Monday. Spending the weekend with himself. I'm so happy at the moment! :D

Have a great weekend everybody!! :D

Had a not-so-nice dream about my interview next week last night. Eep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Looking out the window of the library at all you "general public", out shopping and having fun in the sun. Smiles on your faces.

I hate you all.

(don't worry I will return to loving life on May 3rd hopefully)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,540 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

sillymoo wrote: »
    Looking out the window of the library at all you "general public", out shopping and having fun in the sun. Smiles on your faces.

I hate you all.
    I'm in work until 9.30 tonight, if that helps. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Is there anything nicer than waking up to cuddles and kisses in the morning?

Such a nice day outside, yet here I am sitting inside on the couch with the sun beaming in the window and keeping me warm :)

Bf is making tea now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Posy wrote: »
    I'm in work until 9.30 tonight, if that helps. :(

And I'm on til midnight. Boo to Saturday working!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

study 3.5 hours
    do errands for mum meet friend for singing rehearsal for exam tomorrow
    come home and fall asleep for 2 hours
    aie!
    so much study to do :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭First Aid Ireland

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Oh stop... First aid courses can be great, but I've done two, and then went to do my EMT course.. And the stuff they just graze over in the first aid courses that we learned in the EMT course that are vital is ridiculous!

One of the problems is that there is really very little regulation of who teaches first aid courses. You don't ever have had to have dealt with a sick person in your life to be an instructor. You just have to do a course. That makes me sad and cry :P

:mad: Bugbear of mine :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Sar_Bear wrote: »

One of the problems is that there is really very little regulation of who teaches first aid courses. You don't ever have had to have dealt with a sick person in your life to be an instructor. You just have to do a course. That makes me sad and cry :P

:mad: Bugbear of mine :mad:

The guy teaching ours was a paramedic, and quite good. I just think that there is too much content to be done in any way comprehensively in a one day course. I have experience of first aid courses in the past and I did it in life saving for a couple of years too so I would be familiar with most of the content, although it is updated quite frequently. I would hate for some one to get a false sense of security from having done a basic course and think they are some kind of medical professional!

I'm also considering doing an occupational first aid course and potentially organising one for a group of us in college. Any suggestions for providers, especially around paediatric first aid, would be much appreciated! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭First Aid Ireland

Lola92 wrote: »
    The guy teaching ours was a paramedic, and quite good. I just think that there is too much content to be done in any way comprehensively in a one day course. I have experience of first aid courses in the past and I did it in life saving for a couple of years too so I would be familiar with most of the content, although it is updated quite frequently. I would hate for some one to get a false sense of security from having done a basic course and think they are some kind of medical professional!

I'm also considering doing an occupational first aid course and potentially organising one for a group of us in college. Any suggestions for providers, especially around paediatric first aid, would be much appreciated! :)

Our occupational first aid courses are all run by a doctor with years of paediatrics experience, and are no more expensive than most courses out there. I'll PM you details so I'm not seen as advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Babybuff wrote: »
    spent the last few days painting my house in a pair of mens boxers and a tee, smugly satisfying.

Inside or outside?... ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Just been reminded of this video- saw it on sky news one night. Made by a man fighting cancer for his wife of 7 years birthday. Sadly he passed away this january. Makes me hate cancer more, but my god what an amazing video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Heading to the cinema in a few, can't wait! Hope it's not too packed, I always prefer it's quiet but especially when I'm going on my own I want to be able to hear it so I can properly enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Heading to the cinema in a few, can't wait! Hope it's not too packed, I always prefer it's quiet but especially when I'm going on my own I want to be able to hear it so I can properly enjoy it.

What are you going to see?

I went to see cabin in the woods last night and it was......a bit too gorey for my liking but still real good....................very clever : )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement