Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Be||e

Orla K wrote: »
    It was StayFocusd never had a problem with it
    Thank you! I saw this post exactly when I needed to.

I activated the "nuclear option" yesterday evening. I blocked all websites except the college moodle site until 7 this evening so I could study without distraction. And study I did... yay!

I can't be trusted on the internet when there is work to be done. :pac:

Also, had a laugh at the message when I activated it:

"Commencing Nuclear Option. May God have mercy on your soul." :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

****ing cat half ate one of the meatballs I'd left for tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Possible job, possible move, possible lady (being as vague for now until everything is more concrete). Finally, piece by piece, my life is forming into some form of normality. About freakin' time.
    Aw shucks. I was kinda enjoying the the paranoia of the cows staring in your windows and plotting to get you...

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Aw shucks. I was kinda enjoying the the paranoia of the cows staring in your windows and plotting to get you...

Ha. Amazing. I had forgotten about that. That's just my family home, not where I live full time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Back in March I wrote this...
    On the other hand, I've discovered that the ex is a total arse, whose idea of checking someone is okay is to tell them they're over-reacting and need to take a chill pill, because they're a bit stressed out at everything that happened Tuesday (exam, supervisor meeting, lack of sleep, news about Paul) - the fact that they knew basically everything about me, including an episode with a former friend of mine after the death of one of my besties two years ago which went quite similarly seemed to make it worse. He's an inconsiderate idiot and should know better, and thats what kills me most of all - that he's now SUCH a different person.

Well, today he apologised. I've barely talked to him since, and hadn't seen him since before Christmas. He texted me today to ask if I wanted to meet up after work, and I said I'd do tea with him cos I needed to have a word with him about something. So we met up, and I told him I was angry. I told him he can't talk to people like that, and how I'm now a lot calmer but how it really upset me.
    And he apologised. There was no him trying to justify it, or anything, which is very unlike him. The fact that he apologised is progress on him as a character really.

After that, I quite enjoyed our hanging out as friends. We're different people now, it was weird seeing him and knowing that I don't want to be with him ever again. But nice too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Cheers bluewolf! Now if you can find me the scheme where I put in 300 a month for the next few years and retire at 30 a millionaire that'd be marvellous.

Kicking ass at my friends house playing cards. Boo yeah! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

I'd get so much more study done if I didn't have split ends....I'm surprised I've *any* hair left at this stage...

Good: I got more work done in the last 2 hours than I did all day sitting at the desk, but at least that's 2 hours :D

Bad: looked at old exam question. Nearly cried....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

drunketh i am
    typin with onr eye shut
    night all! or gooz mornin.. Whatever 5am to you is! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Just drinking my very last berocca... sob. You can't buy them here and my stocks from Xmas are just depleted. Thought about getting some posted over but one of three things will happen if I do that: (1) Post never arrives - this has happened twice so far. Someone out there is wearing my nice fleecy jumper that my mother sent over to me; (2) Post arrives but it has been opened by customs and things taken out - they are particularly fond of chocolate, the thieving baxtards; (3) Post arrives intact but two months late, by which time I've gotten over my lack of berocca.

Never thought I'd miss the Irish postal system but there you go!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

FYP is looking very pretty with three pages of graphs and charts :) Have to finish the results section, discussion and recommendations section and write the introduction. Over 2000 words and our word count is supposed to be 2,500 - think in our course, word counts are just there to be exceeded! Off to training in about an hour!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Just drinking my very last berocca... sob. You can't buy them here and my stocks from Xmas are just depleted. Thought about getting some posted over but one of three things will happen if I do that: (1) Post never arrives - this has happened twice so far. Someone out there is wearing my nice fleecy jumper that my mother sent over to me; (2) Post arrives but it has been opened by customs and things taken out - they are particularly fond of chocolate, the thieving baxtards; (3) Post arrives intact but two months late, by which time I've gotten over my lack of berocca.

Courier time! :D

International couriers cost a bomb! For just 1kg package from Dublin - India it's over €100. Feck that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

International couriers cost a bomb! For just 1kg package from Dublin - India it's over €100. Feck that!
    I think you may have found a niche market if you fancy setting up a little Berocca selling business in India. I bet it would go down a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

this is a cool little site: http://www.rainymood.com/

if you turn down the noise a bit and play some music it sounds cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Orla K wrote: »
    I don't think it was too much, just the kinda cake she had!

Stench, thought you would've had enough of gluten already?

I was kinda chancing it hoping it wouldn't have made me too bad. Won't be doing that again.

Going shopping today with one of my mates for wedding outfits. I hate buying wedding outfits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I don't think I've ever been so tired ever. Shouldn't have gone out after work. Must go back to work now :/

In other news I served the president mineral water yesterday! :D And his wife a glass of wine.. They were in the hotel I work in for a prizegiving. So cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Lia_lia wrote: »

In other news I served the president mineral water yesterday! :D And his wife a glass of wine.. They were in the hotel I work in for a prizegiving. So cute!

he mustve gotten thirsty on his way to throw the ring back into Mount Doom

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

To borrow a FB meme.

That awkward moment when you wake up to give the baby his dodie and almost literally run into your brother-in-law (who you forgot was staying over) on the landing and then realise that you're wearing nothing but your husband's practically transparent Revolver t-shirt.

:o

Thank feck my shoulders got cold in the night or it could have been much much worse.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I have an extremely sore throat and can barely talk (that's what I get for partying too much Friday night). And I am back at work tomorrow, after 3 weeks off for study. I am nearly crying at the thoughts of my desk. I know I won't be able to enjoy my last day off with worrying over that.

Ouch :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

My exams start tomorrow morning. I've barely done anything for this one. I think I've given up on post-grad and it's made me not care about these exams :(

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭MsStroggatrix

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

I was looking forward to a nice day doing nothing but now im bored. Dam sun, its much easier to do not when the weathers crap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I got my hair cut yesterday. Finally bit the bullet and got a change from the style I normally have.

Love it and was delighted to find a stylist who could give me a really good cut.

Was heartbroken to discover it was her last day in the salon and that she is moving.

Oh well have to get my hair coloured now. The new cut really shows up the greys!:o:o

Seriously, crackers are the best thing ever for any cause of nausea... After having to literary crawl from my bed to the bathroom this morning, 2 dry crackers and a can of coke later my hangover is completely gone.

HUZZAH! f_ale2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Seriously, crackers are the best thing ever for any cause of nausea... After having to literary crawl from my bed to the bathroom this morning, 2 dry crackers and a can of coke later my hangover is completely gone.

HUZZAH! f_ale2.gif
    That's almost the same as my failproof cure! Two slices of dry toast and a can of coke - works every time!

If you want a top hangover cure then try this - I learned it in first aid training from an ex-army nurse. Make a litre of ORS (Oral Rehydration Solution) - take a litre of water, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and a few tablespoons of sugar. It will rehydrate you and do something with your electrolyte levels (?) to make you feel better!

This formula is the basic input into Lucozade which is why so many people swear by that for hangovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

If you want a top hangover cure then try this - I learned it in first aid training from an ex-army nurse. Make a litre of ORS (Oral Rehydration Solution) - take a litre of water, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and a few tablespoons of sugar. It will rehydrate you and do something with your electrolyte levels (?) to make you feel better!

This formula is the basic input into Lucozade which is why so many people swear by that for hangovers.

I always have those Oral Rehydration Solution blackcurrant flavour around, although I normally drink a 1-2L of juice (has to be pressed real juice) too.

The Oral Rehydration Solution sachets are the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Last time my mother was in India on business her bag got searched on the way out and someone stole all of her dirty underwear. She had them in a laundry bag all together in one of the outside pockets of her suitcase.

I guess nice underwear is expensive there?

• Advertisement

jujibee wrote: »
    Last time my mother was in India on business her bag got searched on the way out and someone stole all of her dirty underwear. She had them in a laundry bag all together in one of the outside pockets of her suitcase.

I guess nice underwear is expensive there?

LOL! Sorry but I really laughed at that. I doubt it was stolen to be worn or sold, more than likely it was stolen by a sexually repressed man who was overcome with excitement about a lady's undergarments. I'm not joking, a lot of the men are like caged animals here. In certain parts of India (including where I live) it is really conservative and sex is virtually taboo.

So much so that lots of married people have never actually seen each other naked... the lights go off, they do the deed and then they go to sleep. My boss is a highly educated Indian woman and she got married at age 27... she was pregnant within 2 months because she didn't know how babies were made. Imagine! No sex education in schools here, it's not discussed within families either. Bit of a ramble there :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement