Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Kitty, I hope everything works out with your husband. I know anything to do with the brain is immediately terrifying but, trust me, the brain is hardier than you would imagine.

I tried to organise my bookshelf. The magnitude of the situation overwhelmed me and there was a point when I thought I would never get all the books back on it again.

So.Many.Books.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I tried to organise my bookshelf. The magnitude of the situation overwhelmed me and there was a point when I thought I would never get all the books back on it again.

So.Many.Books.
    I have a bookshelf in my sitting room that goes from wall to ceiling and there's still barely enough room for all the books. It's a tight squeeze.

Since I got my Kindle to alleviate the situation, I have downloaded about 4 books and purchased nearly 10 paper books. Oooops. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »

So.Many.Books.

When I moved here I sold about 900 books :o:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

So, a friend of mine (let's call him X) had said he'd come over tonight and we'd have a few drinks and see our new place. At the last minute he backed out and said he wasn't bothered, that he wasn't up to it. After alot of badgering him, we said fine. Text another friend (let's call him Y) and asked him over and he said "Sorry guys, already promised X I'd go for a few drinks with him".

I'm so angry as X had plans with us first and didn't tell us he was changing his plans, just lied. So I just text X saying "Pity you weren't feeling 'up for it' was looking forward to seeing you. Oh, and enjoy drinking with Y instead." He didn't even bother his arse to reply.

So, to cheer me up, I drank a bottle of wine (see below :P ). Highly recommend it!

So upset though that one of my so called best friends, that I have constantly been there for, no matter what, lied and didn't think twice about it :mad: :(

203437.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Sorry to hear that Sar_Bear. It's never easy when someone you consider a friend lets you down. :(
    Hope the new place is working out well, and that you enjoyed your wine. :)

Oh- in case I don't get time to post in the morning as I frantically try not to be late for work (again)-
    Good luck with the exams today girls!! xxx
    Hope they go well. Not too long left now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    So, a friend of mine (let's call him X) had said he'd come over tonight and we'd have a few drinks and see our new place. At the last minute he backed out and said he wasn't bothered, that he wasn't up to it. After alot of badgering him, we said fine. Text another friend (let's call him Y) and asked him over and he said "Sorry guys, already promised X I'd go for a few drinks with him".

I'm so angry as X had plans with us first and didn't tell us he was changing his plans, just lied. So I just text X saying "Pity you weren't feeling 'up for it' was looking forward to seeing you. Oh, and enjoy drinking with Y instead." He didn't even bother his arse to reply.

So, to cheer me up, I drank a bottle of wine (see below :P ). Highly recommend it!

So upset though that one of my so called best friends, that I have constantly been there for, no matter what, lied and didn't think twice about it :mad: :(

203437.jpg

Had to reply to this, as I feel your pain. Im currently going through the same issue with a former best friend, since I moved away and what happened to you tonight has been a constant thing.. Same story in that I was always the shoulder to cry on, laugh on ect....now Im lucky to even get a text asking how I am. Worst part is bloody facebook which Im going to deactivate as she is rubbing it in my face with inside jokes with other friends, I would care if it wasnt for her complete abandonment of a very long friendship. Its absolutely soul crushing and I hope you aren't too upset tonight. Ive decided today after more crap on her part, that Im going to focus on making myself happier as this has gotten me down terribly and Im not making an effort anymore with her or others who have done this. you know deep down you are a good friend and Im sure others can and will see that. Hope you have a nice evening now and enjoyed the bubbly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I had such a horrible horrible night. I can't even begin to go into it because it'll sound so stupid to anyone else. I just need a hug but I'm sitting up not able to sleep and my eyes hurt from crying. I wish my mam could go back to how she was, we used to get on. I don't know what happened. :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I had such a horrible horrible night. I can't even begin to go into it because it'll sound so stupid to anyone else. I just need a hug but I'm sitting up not able to sleep and my eyes hurt from crying. I wish my mam could go back to how she was, we used to get on. I don't know what happened. :'(

sorry to hear that, Jane. We obviously dont know the details, but its horrible not to get on with someone. is there any chance you can reconsile and chat with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I hope you're okay. Try get some sleep as things always seem worse when you are tired, exausted and emotional. In the morning, when both of you are calm, maybe you could try explaining to her how much you miss the relationship you had with each other.

sorry to hear that, Jane. We obviously dont know the details, but its horrible not to get on with someone. is there any chance you can reconsile and chat with her.
    Polloloca wrote: »
    I hope you're okay. Try get some sleep as things always seem worse when you are tired, exausted and emotional. In the morning, when both of you are calm, maybe you could try explaining to her how much you miss the relationship you had with each other.

I don't even know how to talk to her anymore. I used to feel like I could go to her about anything and she'd listen and help me. But lately I can't because it seems like she overreacts and makes big problems out of small ones. Sometimes I feel so lonely in my own house that I can't breathe. Maybe I seem overly dramatic but it's just how I feel right now. Thanks so much for the replies ladies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I can sort of understand how you feel. My mother had depression and we did not get on at all. I was too young to understand she wasn't just being moody or snappy with me and when I did realise why she was like she was, it was too late.

Obviously I don't know if its the same with your mom. Is there any chance she could be depressed or going through menopause?

Polloloca wrote: »
    I can sort of understand how you feel. My mother had depression and we did not get on at all. I was too young to understand she wasn't just being moody or snappy with me and when I did realise why she was like she was, it was too late.

Obviously I don't know if its the same with your mom. Is there any chance she could be depressed or going through menopause?

I've posted about her here before and menopause was mentioned by a few of the loungers here and I think it's definitely a possibility. I feel bad for being mad at her sometimes because I know it may not be her fault but it still hurts to feel like I'm constantly picked on and snapped at. Menopause is probably the most likely explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Kitty, big cuddles to you and Mr.Tom Cat!!

Sarah - hope you're okay!

I actually dont know how I feel tbh. Like, I hadn't thought that far ahead....until he said it was a no go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

McChubbin wrote: »
    Oooh, Links, you're a cutie-pie! I was expecting you to be brunette, tho, for some reason. :P
    I like that collar- I'd love one myself. Whereabouts in Camden did you get it?

thanks :) I'm always afraid of what people expect I look like :o

I got the collar in Cyberdog, I'd recommend it, the other ones I was looking at in other shops were just really flimsy compared to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I think my assignment broke me.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Up again to study for my exam that's on at half 12... :(

I haz warm weetabix though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

My colleague's 6 year old daughter came to visit me in the office today. I introduced her to the world of Spongebob Squarepants and she helped me redecorate my office. :)

sspongebob.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Had a real dodgy night's sleep. Don't think I slept in any way properly til 4am.

I kept waking up laughing :confused:

I have no idea.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Last weekend I was listening to this

and thinking it would be lovely to learn.
    At my singing class on wednesday, my teacher pulled out the grade 7 syllabus, and guess what song was on it... :D

grade 7 after less than a year, jaysus... can't believe it :D
    love singing

and i got my new stack of books just in time for the bank hol!!! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Best wishes KittyTrix, I hope it's not serious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Well the annoying mosquito net has to come out already...my arm looks like a pincushion this morning, I got eaten alive. Bastard even got me on my face! The mosquito drowned in my glass of water though, so that made me feel better, mwahahahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Kitteetrix

Got my fingers and toes crossed for you and your hubby, hope it's good news you get..

Can't imagine what you must be going through.

Hugs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Oh kt, best wishes :( im sure it'll be something benign.
    Xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Today will be a good day; and I will study this evening after work. Oh yes.

*hugs for the ladies*

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Hugs to kityeetrix

Hugs to Jane. - just wondering Jane, did your mum's attitude change happen before or since you started going out with the bf? If it's happened since, maybe she thinks she's lost you as her friend and is using the attitude as a defensive mechanism?

Good luck to all the ladies doing exams today.

Taking the morning off from studying & I'm going horse riding :D it's the best way for me to unwind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Kitteetrix (I can't spell your new name!) hope everything's ok with your hubby xx

The weirdest thing happened this morning, I woke up with my engagement ring on my middle finger instead of my ring finger...where it has to be wedged on as it's too small for it. How did that happen? Did I really go to the bother of taking it off one finger and forcing it onto the other finger in my sleep? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Today I'm getting a manicure and lots of waxing. I'm a little bit scared 'cause ouch but excited too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

KittyeeTrix, I hope everything turns out okay for your husband xx
    Hope you feel better soon Jane xx

Mah head hurts :( There's a Chilean dude asleep in the kitchen so I can't get some water to take a painkiller. Also, I miss my boyfriend :(

Thanks guys, I feel a little bit better today. Got a little bit of sleep and woke up feeling okay.

@mariebeth - I don't think she's changed since then, I think it's actually way before that. The time of my leaving cert and starting college in Athlone (2006/2007) seems to stick out in my mind for some reason. She seemed to want her own way and pushed me into doing things at that time. I know I make her sound horrible but she's still my mam and I love her. I just feel like she can be hard to deal with and so hard to talk to sometimes and it gets me down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Thanks guys, I feel a little bit better today. Got a little bit of sleep and woke up feeling okay.

@mariebeth - I don't think she's changed since then, I think it's actually way before that. The time of my leaving cert and starting college in Athlone (2006/2007) seems to stick out in my mind for some reason. She seemed to want her own way and pushed me into doing things at that time. I know I make her sound horrible but she's still my mam and I love her. I just feel like she can be hard to deal with and so hard to talk to sometimes and it gets me down.

I think you need to move out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement