Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm not going to tell her I'm unhappy. I was actually thinking about moving to Athlone for college and trying to get a job there. I need to get some driving lessons soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I'm not going to tell her I'm unhappy. I was actually thinking about moving to Athlone for college and trying to get a job there. I need to get some driving lessons soon too.

You thinking in the right direction, turn those thoughts In to actions and your sorted :D

Happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I know, I just didn't think I'd want to move out because I was unhappy. Sorry guys I'll sort it out and I'll try not to mention it again.

Ah Jane, you shouldn't feel like you can't talk about it, it's good to vent, and we only want to help. :)

But listen, you shouldn't see you moving out as a bad, unhappy thing. It's just the next natural step in your life! You'll love the independence and freedom of it. :)

And also ... even the happiest of families have their rough patches. Sure, my family probably looks like the Brady Bunch from the outside - there are seven of us, and we get on like a house on fire, and are all very close to each other and to our parents. But it sure as hell wasn't always like that - if you saw some of the rows and tears, the horrible things said in the heat of the moment, the bickering and tension ... you'd never believe we'd all end up as close as we are now!

But I honestly believe that the key to things working out was the fact that we DID "fly the nest", as such, and gave our parents and ourselves the breathing space we all badly needed.

When you see and talk to your family by choice, rather than being forced into it every day, you enjoy it and appreciate it SO much more. :)

I've already applied for the course I want to do. I need to find out if I'm entitled to a grant and I know Athlone well enough. I was looking at cheap student apartments there too, I can get it as cheap as 55 a week. I'll be losing my dole when I go back so I'll need the grant badly. I'll have to look into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I've already applied for the course I want to do. I need to find out if I'm entitled to a grant and I know Athlone well enough. I was looking at cheap student apartments there too, I can get it as cheap as 55 a week. I'll be losing my dole when I go back so I'll need the grant badly. I'll have to look into that.

wont you get back to education allowance? that's almost the same amount as the dole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

You can get BTEA or the grant but as far as I know you can only apply for the grant if you haven't got a degree already.

BTEA would probably suit you better as it's weekly. I find if easier to manage bills weekly:)

Oh I didn't know that. I do have a level 7 degree already and I'm going back to do a level 8 year long course. BTEA it is then. I have to go talk to someone is citizens advice or something. I'm not sure about fees, how much it is or if I can afford it. BTEA would probably be better I think if it's weekly.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

KittyTrixee, I hope it all works out for you. Anything with the head is scary but the brain is remarkably strong. Hugs x x

Best thing I ever did was move out. Could never live at home again, the freedom (and my sanity) is worth more than I could ever pay in rent!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm the same Daisies. I'm so sorry I didn't do it sooner.

I've a much better relationship with my family since I left.

I think it's a real sign of independence. (Although I do go back looking for money when times are tough :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Just got told I can pick the winner of the epic competition I'm not allowed enter...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

this is absolutely genius... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I would love to do an exercise class tonight, however, I am makeup artist at a ladies night in aid of Brainwave. So, I can't be too hard on myself! :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Polloloca wrote: »
    I am makeup artist at a ladies night in aid of Brainwave
    That sounds like fun :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

That sounds like fun :D
    As long as I stay away from the free cocktails! :D

I've got all the ingredients for my vegitarian curry, as well as a chicken breast joint for sunday roast, making my girlfriend all nice things over the weekend :) she really needs a nice pick me up now more than ever. I hate when she's upset or when people hurt her, she doesn't deserve it, and it pains me to see her hurt. :( I really want her to have a stress free weekend, and I'll do everything I can for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Links you so good to her!

honestly, yer making me feel bad that i don't do enough for my man.. he is in another country though so i won't be too hard on myself.

bored.com here at home. feck all to do today and got all my housework done atm. was suppose to go clean up the house i was moving into but nada transport!! garrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm so smooth, yay! :) Off to do some bikini shopping. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Last day of study today, and I haven't much left to do today as it is :):):)

*dances around a little bit*

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*mentally wills it to be hometime*

tatabubbly wrote: »
    Links you so good to her!

she's good to me too :)

like the other night when I was absolutely shattered, and she went out for chips, and she brought me back reese's peanut butter cups. it was just a teeny tiny little thing, but it just showed me how well she knew me and what I liked, and it's just a little moment that I really cherished. there's loads of little moments like that, she's the most kind and caring person out there, so I'm happy to be good to her, she deserves it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭branbee

My ex re homed our dog today, couldn't get the courage to say goodbye to her beforehand so shes now with her new family and il never see her again :-(
    Wishing i said goodbye now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Slipping into food coma in work. Totally worth it. Roll on five thirty.....

Also got our new comfy class hoodies today..... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Right now I should be on a plane to Calcutta, but wouldn't you know a tropical storm has rolled in and my flight has been cancelled. Luckily I get a full refund, I haven't paid for a hotel up front and my cricket ticket can be sold outside the stadium... but still, there goes my weekend! Thinking instead I will go to an ayurvedic spa tomorrow and get a full body massage and some sort of weird Indian pampering. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Submitted my last 3 assignment for the semester today! Reading week next week and then exams!! Eeeep!

Happy because I got a really lovely reference from one of my lecturer today for the interview next week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Day. From. Hell. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Interview is over - it went really well! They seemed very happy with the answers I gave in my technical test, and pleased that I obviously took so much time with it and gave it so much thought. No stinkers of questions except for this one: "In sampling, what is the difference between accuracy and precision?" I had to laugh and say I have no idea, but I'll give a good guess... they took it in good humour so all is well.

Yay! well done.
    I reckon that sort of response is perfectly fine. "I don't know but I know how to find out" is the sort of person I would want to work with.

Oh, and in case anybody's wondering, accuracy is how well you can measure something while precision is how many decimal places you give the answer in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lim04

I am Hungry yam yam:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Acoshla wrote: »
    Day. From. Hell. :(

Sending happy thoughts that it improved QUICKLY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Got my eyebrows threaded today. I cried tears of a rapper.

The lady doing the threading was like "is this your first time?" and I started giggling because it sounded sexual. I am such a child!

I blame this thread. And her thread. Badum tish!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement