Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

i half tempted to order some chinese food for dinner!

after a horrific exam and loads of study i am not in the mood to cook!

nom nom, just did the hubby chicken, ginger and spring onion, not as good as an authentic chinese...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Jane for the love of God don't put green or bright blue eyeshadow with red glasses! The best colour for make blue eyes look bluer is brown, get a brown shaded nude colour (if that makes sense, subtle brown) and use that with some shading, would look much better with glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

EmilyO wrote: »
    :eek:

OMG! TYPO! OMG!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I wish my local credit union would open earlier than 7pm. I needs my monies for reasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Acoshla wrote: »
    Jane for the love of God don't put green or bright blue eyeshadow with red glasses! The best colour for make blue eyes look bluer is brown, get a brown shaded nude colour (if that makes sense, subtle brown) and use that with some shading, would look much better with glasses.

Yeah see I told my mother that but would she listen? Nope! The gold-y colour I have is really nice so I'm leaning towards that. :o

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    If you wear gel and someone starts fecking about with your hair it's really hard to fix, because gel sets dry and once it's dry you can't reshape if you know what I mean. You'd probably have to wash your hair and start again.

With the powder stuff it's fixable becaues it doesn't actually dry, but it's not wet either. Just takes time and effort. Be like you getting your hair sitting as you want it and me coming over and frizzing it all up. You can fix it but it's annoying.

My hubby just walked in with lynx, messy look paste... no idea what its going to look like..... how weird is that, here i am saying he always uses hair gel and now he goes and gets paste, fingers crossed it is better than the gum..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Golds, copper or browns really make blue eyes stand out, Jane. I've green eyes and copper makes them look really well. Just don't overdo it and you'll look stunning:)

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    OMG! TYPO! OMG!

Be honest that was no typo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Yeah see I told my mother that but would she listen? Nope! The gold-y colour I have is really nice so I'm leaning towards that. :o

Why are you listening to your mother?! Makeup is a very personal thing, ignore her.

• Advertisement

True Acoshla.. I asked for advice and that's what I got.. :rolleyes: I think I'll go with that gold-y one I put the pic up of because I really like it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Best of luck, McChubbin. A family friend used that clinic and had unbelievable success with them. He's put a tiny bit of weigh back on since leaving the programme but you'd barely notice it. He lost so much they asked him to do a tv ad but he was too shy. They seem really nice there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Apache's jalapeño poppers... It's been far too long my spice, cheesy friend...

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    And the look on his face when he puts it on.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm :o

this is just for you ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

True Acoshla.. I asked for advice and that's what I got.. :rolleyes: I think I'll go with that gold-y one I put the pic up of because I really like it. :)
    Yes, do. A nice neutral brown/gold will be lovely. NOT blue or green! Just nooo! Especially not with red glasses. :eek:
    I think your mother must be colourblind. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Feeling decidedly sorry for meself. Have a b!tch of a kidney infection for 8 days now, wasn't responding to antibiotics and now I'm on the strongest they've got. Have had to take 2 days off sick from my new job, grr, cancel my 8yr anniversary dinner with the OH on tues and if these don't work I'll be going to hospital for an IV. :( Antibiotics are ripping my tummy to shreds so I can barely eat.

Pom.

Eviledna wrote: »
    Feeling decidedly sorry for meself. Have a b!tch of a kidney infection for 8 days now, wasn't responding to antibiotics and now I'm on the strongest they've got. Have had to take 2 days off sick from my new job, grr, cancel my 8yr anniversary dinner with the OH on tues and if these don't work I'll be going to hospital for an IV. :( Antibiotics are ripping my tummy to shreds so I can barely eat.

Pom.

OH NO, hope you get better soon.

Posy wrote: »
    Yes, do. A nice neutral brown/gold will be lovely. NOT blue or green! Just nooo! Especially not with red glasses. :eek:
    I think your mother must be colourblind. :o

I always wear liquid eyeliner as well so I'd look like a clown.. :eek: Hopefully I can get my liner perfect this time.. :rolleyes:

EvilEdna I hope you feel better soon. :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

McChubbin wrote: »
    Wish me luck, folks.
    Good luck! I have a few stone to lose myself. I started on weightwatchers just over a week ago and lost a little over 7lbs on my first weigh in! I really hope motivations works for you! :)

Pom.

Hugs, that sounds rough. I really hope you are feeling better soon! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Jeepers well done Lola, 7lbs is a lot to loose in a week! Speaking from ww experience, don't get disheartened next week if the loss isn't quite as epic, every pound counts ;)

Thanks for the well wishes folks, I'm just p!ssed because I hate taking time off sick in a new job, before I'm really settled in. Feel like it will go against me, even though I know legally it can't (have a cert and everything). That and I feel like poo.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Pom.

ah ya poor thing, feel better soon!

Does anybody else remember that Lotto ad that had a little green fella saying "Can we shave a monkey?" or something to that effect? I may have lost my mind but I think Neil Delamere did the voiceover.. :confused: :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

someone come and cook for me, thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

bluewolf wrote: »
    someone come and cook for me, thank you
    Ok, but you have to come here and cook for me first.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Wedding dress has just been ordered :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Does anybody else remember that Lotto ad that had a little green fella saying "Can we shave a monkey?" or something to that effect? I may have lost my mind but I think Neil Delamere did the voiceover.. :confused: :rolleyes:

The telly head guys? Yeah that's definitely Neil Delamere!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Oh and Jane, definitely go with nude colours and maybe just a tinted lip balm...less is always more.

I've blue eyes too and I love blending brown and nude eyeshadows:)

Mars Bar wrote: »
    The telly head guys? Yeah that's definitely Neil Delamere!

Oh thank God I haven't lost my marbles altogether! :D Thanks Mars Bar! :D

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Oh and Jane, definitely go with nude colours and maybe just a tinted lip balm...less is always more.

I've blue eyes too and I love blending brown and nude eyeshadows:)

Yeah I was thinking that about the lip colour. I never really like wearing much. A lot of the time I use a bit of vaseline.. :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I usually prefer to do lots of eye stuff and very light on the lipstick, if any
    fairly neutral tone for it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement